Equilibrium

I'm the new guy here

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I made account here yesterday "Kinkou" but I just couldn't make topic, it wasn't selectable at all, tried on all browsers but no luck, so I made new account and now it works no problem, so please delete that account.

I started doing Qigong 5 months ago and I'm doing it every single day since then. I'm here to learn more about it, I really enjoy it.

• Like 2

Hello, Equilibirum, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Equilibrium,

Welcome.  Thanks for the heads up about your other account.  What style of qigong do you do? I hope you enjoy it here.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

7 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Hi Equilibrium,

Welcome.  Thanks for the heads up about your other account.  What style of qigong do you do? I hope you enjoy it here.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Hello Fa Xin and thank you.

I am not really sure what style of qigong I do. I am doing exercises from course "Life force energy" by Chris Bale. It's a simple qigong daily practice. And I also do qigong exercises from "8 cycles" by Robert Peng.

I guess I'll find out here how to expand my Qigong practice and from who to learn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Equilibrium said:

Hello Fa Xin and thank you.

I am not really sure what style of qigong I do. I am doing exercises from course "Life force energy" by Chris Bale. It's a simple qigong daily practice. And I also do qigong exercises from "8 cycles" by Robert Peng.

I guess I'll find out here how to expand my Qigong practice and from who to learn.

Thanks for your reply. :)

I googled both exercises.  I watched some videos by Chris Bale, but the exact exercises were only accessible for purchase.

The 8 Cycles I found on YouTube.  It is solid qigong... 

As far as other styles, there are many qigong styles and methods.  You'll hear terms like Spring Forest, Five Animal Frolicss, Flying Phoenix, Stillness-Movement, Pangu, Fragrance Qigong, Shibashi, 8 Brocades, and others.  They all have different arm movements and stuff but mainly the foundation is the same - relaxed awareness.

I started out doing Taichi qigong, then moved onto Baguazhang qigong which is based on a martial art.  It's a lot of moving around and walking.  I practiced Pangu qigong for a few years, which is similar to Reiki mixed with Qigong in that there's a conscious intent to channel energy.  I've gone back to Baguazhang qigong practice as that suits my goals the most, at the moment.

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/40061-potent-systems

Here's a good link might be useful for you.

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

Thanks for your reply. :)

I googled both exercises.  I watched some videos by Chris Bale, but the exact exercises were only accessible for purchase.

The 8 Cycles I found on YouTube.  It is solid qigong... 

As far as other styles, there are many qigong styles and methods.  You'll hear terms like Spring Forest, Five Animal Frolicss, Flying Phoenix, Stillness-Movement, Pangu, Fragrance Qigong, Shibashi, 8 Brocades, and others.  They all have different arm movements and stuff but mainly the foundation is the same - relaxed awareness.

I started out doing Taichi qigong, then moved onto Baguazhang qigong which is based on a martial art.  It's a lot of moving around and walking.  I practiced Pangu qigong for a few years, which is similar to Reiki mixed with Qigong in that there's a conscious intent to channel energy.  I've gone back to Baguazhang qigong practice as that suits my goals the most, at the moment.

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/40061-potent-systems

Here's a good link might be useful for you.

Thank you for that link, I will go through whole thread.

Wow looks like you have a lot of experience! I heard of spring forest, would that one be good for beginner like me?

1 minute ago, Equilibrium said:

Thank you for that link, I will go through whole thread.

Wow looks like you have a lot of experience! I heard of spring forest, would that one be good for beginner like me?

It's a widely used system and seems to give good results. I don't have any personal experience with it though.  I would say research and read about the different styles, use the search function here, and see which one "calls to you".  The reason I say that is, most every qigong system will have an entry point to beginners... it really is a matter of choosing one that you feel the most comfortable with.  If you doubt a system, it won't be as effective for relaxation if your questioning it in the back of your mind. 

Maybe tell us what your looking for, in terms of goals.  Is it healing, or maybe to calm the mind? What do you hope to get out of it? 

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

It's a widely used system and seems to give good results. I don't have any personal experience with it though.  I would say research and read about the different styles, use the search function here, and see which one "calls to you".  The reason I say that is, most every qigong system will have an entry point to beginners... it really is a matter of choosing one that you feel the most comfortable with.  If you doubt a system, it won't be as effective for relaxation if your questioning it in the back of your mind. 

Maybe tell us what your looking for, in terms of goals.  Is it healing, or maybe to calm the mind? What do you hope to get out of it? 

It would be awesome if I could get all benefits from it haha. Yeah my main goal is healing. If I have to choose one then healing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Equilibrium said:

It would be awesome if I could get all benefits from it haha. Yeah my main goal is healing. If I have to choose one then healing.

It's likely you will get all benefits :)

Heres a spring forest beginners practice... see what you think

Spoiler

It's safe to say that it will be similar in results that your current practice is too.  It's mostly about learning to quiet your mind and go inside and feel the energy and flow of your body. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

It's likely you will get all benefits :)

Heres a spring forest beginners practice... see what you think

Reveal hidden contents

It's safe to say that it will be similar in results that your current practice is too.  It's mostly about learning to quiet your mind and go inside and feel the energy and flow of your body. 

Heard about this guy. I will definitely try out his spring forest qigong levels.