thelerner

How does your Garden Grow

20 hours ago, middle_path said:

I can post some pictures later...

Hi middle_path,

VERY GOOD. Thank you.

I look forward to the pictures.

- Anand

Another year, another garden.  Have 2 small plots in the front yard, both started by covering up grass with bags of soil and planting into it. 

This year trying to grow fewer plants and keep'em safe, loved and well tendered, til I eat them.

Tomatoes, I got a sweet 100, a hybrid grape yellow which is even sweeter.  I want to grow them tall, so instead of cages I have a tall pole.   I intend to prune them at the bottom well.   I also have an Early Girl and Big Boy.  Have 2 cucumber plants, a Giant Jalapeno, which I find have less heat and a Salsa Pepper.  Just 8 plants.  The plan is what I can't eat, I drink as gazpacho. 

For planting, I dug each hole deep, put some Scotts Miracle Grow soil on bottom, put in plant, topped it off with more SMG.  The soil was pretty good because it was carpeted last fall with leaves and grass.  Which composted over winter. 

What you guys doing garden wise? 

• Like 2

The last few months ... and still one left ....  my  dragon  plant  has started producing .

It tastes like perfume .... or   'parfait amour '  

50-50pc-pitaya-red-dragon-fruit-seed-orchidwala-original-imafcqhpfnxmg4sg.jpeg?q=70

All those different coloured dragon fruit  ... do they all taste the same or not ?  I haven't tried them .

Plus the usual veggies .   A large row of broad beans ( for Sth American  style rice ; broad beans , rice, capsicum, onion,  fresh herbs, chorizo, chicken ). A row of tobacco - that isnt doing very well ,  wrong season ? 

• Like 2