Tomorrow I'll make us a heaping bowl of popcorn - the right way. On the stove and in the appropriate oil. 

And we'll see what the day brings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Earl Grey always hits the spot.

Computer Tea Earl Grey Hot!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Apech said:

I'm resisting the temptation to post a Monty Python 'we found a witch may we burn her' video link.

You mean like this:

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Tomorrow I'll make us a heaping bowl of popcorn - the right way. On the stove and in the appropriate oil. 

Aye Lass and I will be holding you to this promise I will!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

While we´re waiting for tomorrow´s entertainment, here´s a short tea-related excerpt from the aptly named tome, Wind Walker (I kid you not), by Esther Supernault.

Sazani sank into it´s comforting support, overwhelmed by the warmth and peaceful surroundings.  A tiny teacup of steaming, fragrant tea was placed in her hands.  

"It´s made from the waterfalls my home fell into," he explained.  "The water must have revived me from my dry dormant state.  It is a state I have been in for hundreds of years, waiting for you to come."

He smiled at her shock, his lined face wrinkling into gentle golden lines above his white beard.  His age and peaceful demeanor immediately put Sazani at ease.  She leaned forward eagerly, "Will you tell me your story?"

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ilumairen said:

So what exactly in your opinion am I dishonest and confused about?

You mean by starting a thread as inquiry, when its really promoting an agenda.

The assumption being there is confusion about the word.  Who is confused, why are they confused?

It's a word donating an observation on social systems or structures, found in the primate world and in many species of animals.

Whether the same systems are still needed or are used for survival is a matter of opinion.

There are a lot of things that can be attributed to it by those with an agenda that when examined are found not to be.

This is even more so for countries that have been leaders in giving people the

Equality of opportunity.

many wanting equality of outcome, tend to complain about things outside of themselves they believe are holding them back.

Lots of victim groups all wanting the free stuff

Edited by windwalker

29 minutes ago, windwalker said:

You mean by starting a thread as inquiry, when its really promoting an agenda.

The assumption being there is confusion about the word.  Who is confused, why are they confused?

@Aetherous wrote that he didn't know what patriarchy was. And both @dawei and @Lakshmi have expressed confusion regarding the definition. These are all people I hold in some esteem, and, as such, when they express confusion I trust that there is honestly confusion. 

@rideforever and @Patrick Brown also expressed some confusion, although I lean toward the intent being obfuscation and argumentation more than clarity with these individuals regarding this subject. 

It seems to me the foundation of understanding this wide and at sometimes very convoluted subject matter would be simple definition. 

Once a solid foundation is laid, then we can build upon it, and eventually address some of the broader issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

@Aetherous wrote that he didn't know what patriarchy was. And both @dawei and @Lakshmi have expressed confusion regarding the definition. These are all people I hold in some esteem, and, as such, when they express confusion I trust that there is honestly confusion. 

@rideforever and @Patrick Brown also expressed some confusion, although I lean toward the intent being obfuscation and argumentation more than clarity with these individuals regarding this subject. 

It seems to me the foundation of understanding this wide and at sometimes very convoluted subject matter would be simple definition. 

Once a solid foundation is laid, then we can build upon it, and eventually address some of the broader issues. 

And some men feel they are women and seek to change themselves. what can one say.

One can only hope those men who feel confused find clarity at some point in their lives.

I would suggest doing something or being involved in something that involves loss of life if 

one is confused or not clear. 

Free rock climbing comes to mind...war is another one but might require a life style change.

The broader issues are issues used by those promoting an agenda subjugating  the definition of the word to it

chrome knows

in essence creating a new definition.

The Correct spelling is Crom, as in Crom’s Bones man! Not much use invoking him he is indifferent. But you better know the Riddle of Steel when you meet him⚔️

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Pilgrim said:

The Correct spelling is Crom, 

I know,,,thought some might catch it reflecting most use Chrome as their browser.

solved the riddle of steel long ago..have met many as young man living by it.

Edited by windwalker

10 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Shifting goal post - blah blah blah. 

I guess it's almost time to make the days tea and popcorn. 

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2019 at 12:35 AM, ilumairen said:

Just had some delicious popcorn and recalled this post.

Thank you very much😁

• Like 1