izcozmic

Frugivore (homosapiens natural state)

I learned humans bodies are truly only designed to eat fruit, flowers, nuts, seeds, and herbs... 

**note: I don't care to "convert" anyone's dietary life or anything, this is simply my experience and innerstanding of it all...

Tho, I grew up with the S.A.D. (standard american diet) eating meats, processed foods, dairy - you name it. 

I slowly became aware through the years of health & our biological requirements, what dis-eases really are, etc. 

I began to transition to vegetarianism, then to veganism, and now to raw vegan

Not for longevity or even to feel good (tho, those would be included).

It was to expand my awareness of All That Is...

and it has been working. I no longer have anxiety, and I have way more energy now, and am more clear minded. 

I aim to be frugivore at some point and see what it's like (I heard for some, they really get into the astral realms and have to start eating vegetables again to ground themselves if they have to deal with other people). 

Anyway, thought I would share my experience for anyone interested in this. 

When the body is purified, energy can flow w/o obstruction (qi/chi/prana/etc.), the mind is less taxed, the emotions are more clear, etc. Everything is connected...  so it was logical for me to start cleaning up my physical vessel. 

I have been taking a class for a certification at the International School of Detoxification (taught primarily by Robert Morse). If anything I said, you vibe with, then I recommend checking out some of his videos on youtube. 

Namaste, my friends :)

05_humans_are_frugivores_750.jpg?w=1000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was researching this topic about 2 years ago. I've seen the chart that you posted. I will have to try to find some of the links that I found. But, my ultimate conclusion was that, yes, we are primarily frugivores. Therefore, I try to eat as many "fleshy" fruits and vegetables as I can. This includes things like cucumbers and squash, not just fruits. Buuuuut, this is where it gets interesting - we are designed to be not just be frugivores, but we are actually (in our primal, natural form) Omnivorous Scavengers. That includes eating insects (I haven't tried this, yet). Also, whatever meat we can find. Predigesting it by cooking it helps.  Also, nuts, berries, and seeds. No need to go raw, though, humans (and neanderthals) have been cooking food for hundreds of thousands of years.

The above chart avoids presenting the mountain of evidence against fruitarianism. It's easy to cherry-pick facts and line up them in a way that they seemingly point toward any extreme food-ideology of choice.

M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Something important is that we are affected by the negative energies of people around us, especially if your energy is too different.

If you are around meat eaters it is better to from time to time consume something, maybe eggs cheese milk ... or you can get damaged by their energies.   It's different if you are remote.

This has been experienced over many years of studying the effects.

Also to be a fruitarian, or to live as a holy human, does involve a massive change in understanding of life, from the fear-mind of modern man.

• Like 1

@rideforever What's for dinner?:

lion.jpg

I sense that you have issues, and I do NOT want to be a part of them. How can you consolidate within your mind, the strong vegan male patriarch?

Edited by whitesilk

I salute people who can do such a diet(frugivore), for its spiritual and ethical nature.  But seems to me we're omnivores and hope those who do pay attention and modify if needed for energy and strength. 

Course being mostly on SAD diet myself, I probably shouldn't talk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is an absolutely fantastic article that goes into the comparitive biology to confirm that we are omnivores.

https://ucdintegrativemedicine.com/2016/03/youre-not-cow-gorilla-dont-eat-like-one-either/#gs.tzxoBVpB

I think the biggest problem in the modern human diet is lack of variety - too much meat, too much grains. Lately I'm even disappointed in the selection of vegetables we have in the grocery store.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, escott said:

Lately I'm even disappointed in the selection of vegetables we have in the grocery store.

I have big goals for gardening. Fresh is best!

edit to clarify for all: omnivore here, who thinks that dietary fads which ignore health signs and symptoms are a horrible idea. Check out what the American Dietetic Association has to say about the necessity of supplementing for vegan type diets.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My current view is that the best diet for a modern human who doesn't want to obsess about everything they put into their body and just get on with their lives is FLEXITARIAN. It's a stupid name, but it's plant-based yet allows for small portions of everything else. I want to stress, though, that a plant-based diet that relies too heavily on grains (even whole grains) is bad. Fleshy, soft fruits and vegetables are best. Make sure you are getting soluble fiber, don't overdo the insoluble fiber. One of the things most lacking in the S.A.D. is fiber. I've come to believe that probiotic supplements are a waste of money and that fiber is the key component to a healthy gut. The best probiotics come from the environment eating fresh produce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rideforever said:

If you are around meat eaters it is better to from time to time consume something, maybe eggs cheese milk ... or you can get damaged by their energies.   

What an utter pile of horseshit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This chart is wrong. Most chimpanzees and other monkeys also eat insects, and even small animals. Not such a thing as "designed to eat fruits" - even because we need to eat a LOT of varied fruits and nuts for that to work. Do you really think a vietnamese hunter-gatherer had acess to hazelnuts and macadamia nuts ?

The most common diet if you live in a forest in a hunter-gatherer style of life (for instance, if you're a native with little to no contact with the civilized societies) is based on roots, leaves, fruits and "anything with meat you can find" in terms of meats, including, in many cases, insects, amphybians (like frogs), birds and small mammals. As long as there is food to be eaten and hunger to be felt, humans eat.

In terms of Qi, it follows the flow of Xue. There is no Yang without Yin. There is no Qi without Xue, be it the "spiritual blood" or the "physiological blood".

Indeed, we even have an aspect of disease which is a lack of yin leading to weakness with false-deficiency. The person's pulse becomes slow like when they have an Yang deficiency, but it is because there is no yin to be caried around by the Qi.

Eating only fruits and nuts will give you excess earth in your organism, as those are usually sweet and humid. You'll basically become weak, fat and sweat like a pig.

Of course, most people doing those kinds of diets will be also doing lots of physical exercise and, therefore, you won't notice that. But try and make a frugivorous diet without exercise. You'll find that it is almost the same as eating only bread.

• Like 1

I don't think there's one way of dieting that fits everyone. What works for me may not work for you.

Eat what you want to eat, and good luck to you.

• Like 5

On 2/27/2019 at 10:39 PM, izcozmic said:

Tho, I grew up with the S.A.D. (standard american diet) eating meats, processed foods, dairy - you name it. 

Thanks for the laugh, I grew up on S.A.D. also, but then recently, I all of a sudden lost my life long appetite for animal meat (hamburgers), and know I am what is called a pesco-vegetarian/pescetarian/fish eater. Who knew!:huh:

Edited by mrpasserby

6 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

I don't think there's one way of dieting that fits everyone. What works for me may not work for you.

Eat what you want to eat, and good luck to you.

Common sense. For instance, what works for me is a very low carb/no carb way of eating predominantly based around meat, eggs, butter and small amounts of cheese. Hydrating with plenty of water, green, oolong and pu-erh tea, other herbal teas and good quality coffee.

I have never felt better. I would never force this way of eating on anyone or say that their way is wrong. Just look at the militant vegans these days.

Virtually all of the warm, caring people I know eat meat regularly, so the idea that negative energy comes from eating animal products is totally false. 

Edited by lifeforce
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, lifeforce said:

Common sense. For instance, what works for me is a very low carb/no carb way of eating predominantly based around meat, eggs, butter and small amounts of cheese.

I too follow this lifestyle type but also consume legumes and nuts in fair amounts.

I have gluten intolerance and do not tolerate soy either. Who in his right mind would be vegan if he were in my place?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Zork said:

I too follow this lifestyle type but also consume legumes and nuts in fair amounts.

I have gluten intolerance and do not tolerate soy either. Who in his right mind would be vegan if he were in my place?

Exactly. We're all different. What works for us doesn't work for everyone. People need to realise this instead of demonising certain forms of diet and nutrition.

The carnivore diet is working for me at the moment. Whether I continue long term only time will tell. It's definitely a reset method. The hundreds, if not thousands of testimonies online suggest this.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2019 at 6:23 AM, lifeforce said:

Exactly. We're all different. What works for us doesn't work for everyone. People need to realise this instead of demonising certain forms of diet and nutrition.

The carnivore diet is working for me at the moment. Whether I continue long term only time will tell. It's definitely a reset method. The hundreds, if not thousands of testimonies online suggest this.

Actually the reset idea is very interesting to me. I'll propose my theory below:

In exercise, you fatigue the body with a certain workload or exercise routine.  After a month or two, you start to plateau as adaptation begins.  You can either increase the workload (reps or weight), or you can change the program all together.

I had a friend who became vegan 6 years ago.  He felt great for a while and noticed many positive changes.  He attributed this to the vegan diet.  After a few years, he was not eating right.  His health began to waver. Luckily he got his vegan macronutrients dialed in and all was well.  Recently, he began eating meat and animal products again (long story and not important.) He claims he feels much better, more regulated mood and not as hungry all the time.  He attributes this to meat itself.

My theory is, maybe it's not the vegan switch or the meat switch but rather the switching itself? Like the change is good for our body because it adapts to the same old stuff.  New routines and change is good.

Just an idea... I'm a Taurus and a creature of habit so I don't practice this all the time, but I have switched back and forth from vegetarian to meat over the years and with each change I do feel better (either direction.) I began to think maybe it's because I'm LISTENING and feeling how my body is reacting to the diet at the time...I give it what it wants (or doesnt want)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1