Sign in to follow this  
Psyjudao

Hello

Hello,

Please allow me to introduce myself. Surfing I found this site twice now and feel kismet.  I spent time a few days ago with someone's (Harmonius, I forgot the next name) beautiful translation of an ancient text on the Po and am taking the liberty of posting my riff on it below.  I am a Tai Chi Player with a wonderful master in Albany, CA where I live.  Before I met my teacher, I spent ten years with Dai Yan Chi Gong that I still practice.  And then I'm a dancer, improvisational dance in a forum called Soul Motion.  My tag name "PsyJuDao speaks to the three pillars of my spiritual and intellectual interests: psychology, Judaism and Taoism.  I've read widely in psychology, Taoism, Buddhism, mystical Judaism and otherwise, and can't live without morning practice.  I'm a mix of disciplined and wild in my nature, though my personality presents more as reliable and dependable which I am too;.  My Ming (nature) is slowly inviting my Xing (identity) to let go of control and flow more as the decades unfold.  57, father of two teenage girls, in love,  psychotherapist, East Coast origins, deep diver, Taurus, Mars in Cancer, Jodorowsky Tarot player, Mindfulness and Dzog Chen meditation practice.  Love Taoist translations of Claude Larre and now Harmonius Emptiness (did I get that right?)

Surf with Gossamer

Approaching Po, the breath felt sense of the body,

With Yi, my mind’s intent

As a beast walking softly up on a bird

So as not to scare it away,

I fall into the vibration of peace

And offer the gate of vulnerabilty.

Cultivating Po together, we access the liminal

A threshold world of sacred play

Not all you nor me

Not exactly Inside or outside

But rather something emergent

In the transitional space betwixt and between.

The pink corona of your eyelid

Beckons my subtle gaze

Bowing to the yield of your neck

We nuzzle wet noses together

And surf with gossamer

The breeze of the Tao.

• Like 3

Hello, Psyjudao, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Psyjudao,

Welcome.  Great introduction.  I find my path parallels with yours, including being a mix discipline (and a Taurus!)  I look forward to reading your posts, and hope you speak more about your mystical Judaism.  Cheers

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Sign in to follow this