rideforever

Gratitude for the Male Patriarchy

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Hell, I'd even make you tea and cookies. 

Okay, well you seem to be unhappy with the what you call the patriarchy.

Perhaps you would like to say :

- what you consider it to be

- what you think should have been instead 

- what you would like today

- how such things relate to your life

What do I think the patriarchy is ... well I think I have described that I believe the current agendas regarding this term to be misunderstood, and represents an unhappy generation or generations that are not growing properly into their power.

I am praising men, their history, courage, bravery and success at the beginning of this thread, against all the odds on this planet.

Edited by rideforever

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

What do I think the patriarchy is ... well I think I have described that I believe the current agendas regarding this term to be misunderstood, and represents an unhappy generation or generations that are not growing properly into their power.

I am praising men, their history, courage, bravery and success at the beginning of this thread, against all the odds on this planet.

The term itself seems to have been largely misunderstood by many here. 

And if the opening post was meant to be your form of praise, I would hate to see what your idea of scorn would be. 

I'll address what you've asked of me later - for now, life. 

10 hours ago, ilumairen said:

The term itself seems to have been largely misunderstood by many here. 

It's not misunderstood, they just have a different view from you.

4 hours ago, rideforever said:

It's not misunderstood, they just have a different view from you.

Words have meanings.. we carry baggage - karmic seeds. And in regards to the energetic imprints surrounding this word lots of rather unpleasantness has born (and is bearing) fruit.

18 hours ago, rideforever said:

Okay, well you seem to be unhappy with the what you call the patriarchy.

I am displeased with your knee jerk reaction regarding the essay that I at first only mentioned, and how you attempted to push me out of the Trump thread when I would not have written more on the subject there anyway. 

I am displeased that you then followed me to the women's area when I posted the essay there, and tried to shut down that discussion. 

Posted (edited)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2019/03/01/robert-kraft-sex-trafficking-sexual-stereotypes-asian-women-fetish-chinese-korean-prostitution/3016047002/

For @Lakshmi who didn't understand what I was referring to, and @rideforever who set forth prostitution during German Olympic games as an example of how feminism doesn't care about women.

Edited by ilumairen

1 minute ago, rideforever said:

Are you an Asian woman ?
What is your age btw ?   And did you grow up in the US ?   Which state was that ?

What does any of this have to do with the article and what is presented?

4 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

What does any of this have to do with the article and what is presented?

What is it that you would like to say ?

19 minutes ago, rideforever said:

What is it that you would like to say ?

Did you read the article?

Do you have any thoughts on what it presented?

On 2/26/2019 at 5:37 AM, rideforever said:

I am sick of these weak nobody men and women in this world doing nothing, talking, but they are nothing.

For hundreds of thousands of years the Man was King, he killed everything, he won everything, he made everything.
The shame of this society of no-bo-dies.

Call it the "male patriarchy" whatever that means.

This is wrong. For hundreds of thousands of years humans were hunter/gatherers - a classification which is generally considered egalitarian (by the people who try to determine when patriarchy arose).

And while there is no consensus on dates, there is the general idea that it arose after humans began farming, and that doesn't reflect your proposed idea of hundreds of thousands of years. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150722144709.htm

Until now, researchers believed farming was 'invented' some 12,000 years ago in an area that was home to some of the earliest known human civilizations. A new discovery offers the first evidence that trial plant cultivation began far earlier -- some 23,000 years ago.

To say thousands of years would be accurate, and to say tens of thousands of years could still be accurate (even if it lends to the idea of a greater stretch of time than history indicates).  But to say hundreds of thousands, and then claim it's what others call patriarchy is one hell of a whopper of a fish story. 

What a joke, this era does nothing.  Nothing.
They are weak in body, mind, heart, and spirit.
Nobodies.

You don't work it, you lose it.

And if you want to continue to rail and argue against what I presented elsewhere (which is what this thread clearly is) then I suggest you start working the gray matter between your ears, and present something other than emotional rants and misconstrued information. 

Ilumairen you seem to have a high opinion of yourself which doesn't accord with your reliance on the news.

14 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Ilumairen you seem to have a high opinion of yourself which doesn't accord with your reliance on the news.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rideforever said:

You asked about the state I was born in, and not the state I live in - which is Florida, where the massage parlors were shut down. I heard about it while engaging in a normal everyday conversation where the person I was engaging with brought it up.

Nice try though. Eventually maybe you'll be able to engage in an actual conversation, as opposed to arguing with the ideas you hold instead of what is presented. 

Sending links to emotional news stories; it's not what I am interested in.

I asked you earlier those four questions, please do answer if you want to.

6 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Sending links to emotional news stories; it's not what I am interested in.

How did you learn about the prostitutes at the Olympics? 

6 minutes ago, rideforever said:

I asked you earlier those four questions, please do answer if you want to.

20 hours ago, rideforever said:

Perhaps you would like to say :

- what you consider it to be

I provided definitions in the what is patriarchy thread. 

- what you think should have been instead 

I don't deal in should haves as it relates to history. 

- what you would like today

Egalitarianism - which I believe is the current heading.

- how such things relate to your life

I've shared many stories regarding how it relates to my life here and in other threads. 

Posted (edited)
On 2.3.2019 at 11:36 AM, rideforever said:

Good to hear someone enjoys sex !!!
Well, to me it seems that many people have hangups due to bad experiences, and I only know of ways to heal that take time, and it's worth doing -  but I don't know of quick fixes.   

That's one reason I do ZZ 1hr a day, and carefully choose the most rapid and powerful qigongs and techniques.
Others have no hangups and are more ready to wield life energies.

Some never really fix these problems.

Yes, I started realizing that some of the somewhat harsh reactions from women here to what I shared likely has got to do with personal traumas.

Here are some bits from David Deida's book "Blue Truth".

blue.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue3.jpg

There seems to be considerable wisdom in this book. :)

Edited by Lakshmi
  • Like 1

On 2.3.2019 at 1:52 PM, ilumairen said:

Are you only talking about sexual relations?

I had primarily sexual/romantic relationships in mind, however, what I shared is certainly not  limited to those.

Because there is a great deal more I would add if the subject was broader, and people of both sexes can be challenging and demanding at times. 

Of course they can be. I was simply responding to your question what constitutes a strong male. But neither are the attributes I listed limited to men nor was I claiming to give a complete account.

And bear in mind that each human has both a male and a female side according to ancient spiritual teachings as well as to modern Jungian type psychology.

Patriarchy is a societal/familial structure that seems able induce socio-cultural pressures. And if all you are commenting on is sex, and your personal preferences that is your own business..

Interesting that you miss the idea of what patriarchy actually is, and then suggest either I can identify with you or I can't. 

I don't think we have found a simple answer yet to the question what constitutes patriarchy. And I was just trying to say that in case you don't know from your personal experience (sexual or otherwise) what I meant by my (obviously provocative) statement, I probably won't be able to explain it to you. That's because it can't be understood abstractly, only experientially, IMO.

On 2.3.2019 at 2:15 PM, ilumairen said:

I wrote: "And sometimes the choice is momentarily taken away"

In the U.S. a rape is reported every 6.5 minutes, there are numerous beatings, hospitalizations, and some murders. These would be rather clear examples imo.

These are examples of far exaggerated modes of masculine behavior. But that doesn't mean that masculine behavior as such is bad. Any behavior that is unbalanced and taken to the extreme can become very destructive.

Perhaps you see it differently? Perhaps the women should have just been more appreciative of the man's leadership qualities, confidence and assertiveness?

Are you being sarcastic? There can't be a simple and general answer to what went wrong applicable to all cases of rape. What I do know is that men/women relationships are dangerously out of balance, especially in the USA.

There are many great qualities that many men naturally manifest - whether there is a woman hanging about to faun over their greatness and shower them with appreciation or not. It can be natural expression, and something far greater than desire for feminine approval.

That is true, but everybody needs affection and appreciation. And it would just be unappreciative to expect my man to act in a masculine manner if I wasn't ready to act in a feminine manner.

You present this as if it's some great insight... 

But no, a man who beats his wife into obedience doesn't deserve appreciation for his leadership qualities and assertiveness. 

I didn't say or imply that at all! Again, you are using an extreme example; a distortion of commendable masculine behavior, really.

Do you believe that the ills of society (i.e. rape and violence as primary examples) would be solved if women were only more appreciative of men?

No. Again, things are certainly not that simple. Even though I do believe that a lack of appreciation of men in some modern societies (including our own) and, as a result, male frustration can contribute to aggressive behavior.

8 hours ago, Lakshmi said:

Yes, I started realizing that some of the somewhat harsh reactions from women here to what I shared likely has got to do with personal traumas.

Yea, because if a woman wishes to discuss societal issues, and expresses any displeasure at being set forth as somehow being responsible for men not acting like men (whatever that actually means), not being in touch with her own nature, and is weary of larger issues being reduced to sexual interactions.. well then it must be due to personal traumas. How saccharinely dismissive. 

And yes, this is sarcasm. 

I had primarily sexual/romantic relationships in mind, however, what I shared is certainly not  limited to those.

Ok.

I don't think we have found a simple answer yet to the question what constitutes patriarchy.

So you don't know what it's referring to, and yet you wanted to jump in with appreciation for it?