rideforever

Gratitude for the Male Patriarchy

On 2/26/2019 at 4:48 AM, rideforever said:

Whitesilk, the question is can you personally do anything.
Stop pointing at the women.
Get the mirror out.
What is your competence.
Or you just talk ?

attention flowing outwards into images is in itself degenerating, it's leakage from the eyes."

A self reflecting loop is never bad @rideforever, I will express again that I am comfortable with my uselessness, and because of it my pen is mighty. I have employed a metaphor within this thread, calling you to action, under your supposed, disgust of in action in your OP. Can you look yourself in the mirror and continue to ignore me?

21 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

A self reflecting loop is never bad @rideforever, I will express again that I am comfortable with my uselessness, and because of it my pen is mighty. I have employed a metaphor within this thread, calling you to action, under your supposed, disgust of in action in your OP. Can you look yourself in the mirror and continue to ignore me?

Are you asking me what action I have taken today ?
Is that the question, well I'll tell you it's about 1pm now.

I was up at about 530 sat in mediation listening to Mooji live satsang and had some form of shift/awakening in my solar plexus, it was some heart energy descending, I was quite surprised, but there you are.
Then I have done 2 hrs of qigong, 3x30 standing ZZ, and 30 minutes of Dragon & Tiger.
And another 1 1/2 hours or so of psychological work with the IFS techniques and guided meditations.
Cooked some very fine cardomom porridge, and read some of my Chen book.
Later I am doing Silk Reeling.
That's up to 1pm.

These activities correspond to the 3 med-term priorities I have set for myself.

15 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Can you look yourself in the mirror and continue to ignore me?

15 minutes ago, rideforever said:

I was quite surprised, but there you are.

Perhaps, I drew you into my own catharsis:

reidforever_img.thumb.jpg.a8a793c9feffb9bafbb562c67b7beaa5.jpg

Every women aught be praised in my mind, regardless of action or in action.

18 hours ago, Aetherous said:

People should be authentic and as true to their nature as possible. It's not a good world that forces someone to be something other than what they are.

And I think this is, in part, what feminism (at it's outset) meant to address. 

One Saturday morning, when the extended family was gathered at my grandparent's house we heard strange sounds. It was the ice breaking and grinding under the bridge up the road from the Spring thaw. My uncle took his son up the road to see it. My sister and I said we wanted to see it to, we were told it was too dangerous for us..  

On another Saturday, my grandfather gave us a ride up the road to our house, so we could go swimming. And while I was the oldest child, strongest swimmer, and it was my home, my younger male cousin was instructed to keep an eye on us girls. 

It was gentle, loving, and persistent. Enough so that a female cousin who was older than me became resentful to the point of calling the younger male cousin (who was referred to as Kevin from heaven) Kevin from hell. 

The women where I come from gained the right to work outside the home, and kept the expectation that they would take care of the home, meals, and children. 

I was actually instructed in such by both the public education system of that place and time, and older females. 

I began reading a book title Warriors and Worriers mentioned in another thread, and the author mentions how in one of the last existing hunter and gatherer tribes every male child by the age of 5 owns his own bow, states that upbringing cannot be removed from the perceived differences in the sexes, and then goes on to make her case anyway...

And given my own experiences, that's where I've left it for now. 

Thank you for sharing your perceptions Aetherous. I agree it certainly has become a mess, and was instructed by my father from early on how difficult this time in history is for men who have no idea what is expected of them or what their role actually is.

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

Are you asking me what action I have taken today ?

I was up at about 530 sat in mediation listening to Mooji live satsang and had some form of shift/awakening in my solar plexus, it was some heart energy descending, I was quite surprised, but there you are.
Then I have done 2 hrs of qigong, 3x30 standing ZZ, and 30 minutes of Dragon & Tiger.
And another 1 1/2 hours or so of psychological work with the IFS techniques and guided meditations.
Cooked some very fine cardomom porridge, and read some of my Chen book.
Later I am doing Silk Reeling.
That's up to 1pm.

These activities correspond to the 3 med-term priorities I have set for myself.

That is very impressive. 

2 hours ago, whitesilk said:

Every women aught be praised in my mind, regardless of action or in action.

amen, being human isn't easy. 

next life I'm thinking of coming back as a cat, only i'm afraid i'll be allergic to myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One time at the market, there were two women in the checkout line ahead of me, a single mother, whose children were running around causing rucus, and a staunch, short haired butch looking lesbian looking woman. The lesbian looking woman made an off comment, about the single mother, to me after the single mother left, and All I did was look away because I was boiling inside. I am glad that I did not scream at her because I like shopping at that store.

So what really is feminism @ilumairen? Is it the right, as a female to push other females around? Or the empowering of the female gender?

3 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

So what really is feminism @ilumairen? Is it the right, as a female to push other females around? Or the empowering of the female gender?

The feminism of this time is a hot convoluted mess - sometimes of screaming hysteria. I don't like the screaming hysteria.

And there is still the quiet variety..

I'm certainly not an authority on the subject, and still carry habituations from my own childhood. Sometimes they evolve and fall away, and sometimes I still wonder about things. 

• Like 3

whitesilk, no offense, but half of the time I can't comprehend your posts. It's usually good to try and communicate clearly so as to be understood.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I began reading a book title Warriors and Worriers

That seems really interesting. I may end up picking it up.

@Aetherous, There is a lyric in the video, "The attention just encourages her." Sympathize with me? I am trying this lung holds my grief idea of traditional Chinese medicine, and realizing how much actual grief or bad energy that is mine, and sometimes just the bad energy that I've taken on from others misconceptions of me. I will remain to be my self.

21 hours ago, whitesilk said:

Be fair warned, @ilumairen, don't feed my ego, unless you want to, ask @Stosh

I am assuming you are an adult, and perfectly capable of keeping yourself in check - should you wish to.

When I was in my late teens/early twenties I dated a man with a drinking problem. Issues would arise from his choices, and invariably he'd ask why I hadn't stopped him. He told me about how his mother would put sleeping pills in his father's beer, and expressed an expectation for me to come up with some similar solution, or do the exact same thing with him. I told him to take responsibility for his own actions and decisions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am sure some of you will think of me as old-fashioned, but there were times I was finding great joy in submitting to a strong male's leadership. It seems to be part of my female nature.

And if women lose touch with that part of their nature, they should not be surprised if men forget what it means to be male. And the dance of Shiva and Shakti will become awkward...

So in reply to the OP, yes, there is gratitude for the male patriarchy here...

Lakshmi

Edited by Lakshmi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lakshmi said:

I am sure some of you will think of me as old-fashioned, but there were times I was finding great joy in submitting to a strong male's leadership. It seems to be part of my female nature.

And if women lose touch with that part of their nature, they should not be surprised if men forget what it means to be male. And the dance of Shiva and Shakti will become awkward...

So in reply to the OP, yes, there is gratitude for the male patriarchy here...

Lakshmi

What constitutes a strong male?

And what if a woman is expected to submit to a weak male? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ilumairen said:

What constitutes a strong male?

Answer

No one is any stronger than the opposing party is weak. :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Then I would say he had better have some darn fine redeeming qualities. :)

20 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I'm not answering in place of Lakshmi, but it seems that she never mentioned anything about being "expected to" submit. I also suspect that, like all women, she wouldn't submit to someone if she didn't want to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

I'm not answering in place of Lakshmi, but it seems that she never mentioned anything about being "expected to" submit. I also suspect that, like all women, she wouldn't submit to someone if she didn't want to.

And sometimes the choice is momentarily taken away... 

There is much roiling beneath the surface for me in this moment.. the comment about if women forget this aspect of their nature then they shouldn't be surprised when men forget what it means to be male.. is, imo, a rather naive statement. And one I'm honestly a bit irritated by. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

And sometimes the choice is momentarily taken away... 

I think that goes beyond the discussion of masculinity and femininity, because it has to do with one person violating another's free will...it's another subject of discussion.

By the way, I'm sorry to anyone who has had their boundaries crossed by another.

I think it's part of traditional masculinity to seek to understand and respect the wishes (as well as dignity) of the women we know...it's like a chivalrous thing, and living by this type of code is what makes men strong.

6 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

the comment about if women forget this aspect of their nature then they shouldn't be surprised when men forget what it means to be male.. is, imo, a rather naive statement.

True femininity inspires men, and helps them aspire toward noble things. Just like true masculinity, I think it's a subject which is hard for all of us to understand these days.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I spent 5 years at a Salsa school/club in London.
In the class we are in a big circle of couples, and every few minutes the women rotate one partner.
Three types of women appear before you :

1. Latin and non-Anglos and Anglo-blacks who's arms have tension and pressure and want to dance want to be led

2. Anglo with wet fish hands that you can't lead because the body does not connect to the fish

3. Anglo women who want to lead at the same time as you, and this becomes a total disaster, after several years I politely stopped trying and waiting until the next

Neighbours :

1. Anglo couple, no kids, look the same, sound the same, short hair, no polarity

2. Rich anglo couple, 2 kids, very responsible and hard working but little polarity

3. Eastern European+ Anglo Hippie, 2 kids, lots of magic and love, bit crazy, big polarity, garden full of flowers

4. Red haired Irish family (business owners), 3 kids, lots of magic, lots of polarity, girls have long red hair like fairy tale

5. African woman / Anglo man, 2 kids, half polarity

( another interesting thing is that the Anglos are always chopping down trees from their garden or arranging it anally in squares and rectangle, or concreting over the garden .... maybe they just trying hard to kill any life inside themselves )

It also seems to me that like with Catholicism, the magic is retained by the lower classes who have more polarity.   

The intellectual classes have mentalised themselves, and neither feel sexual polarity nor the spirit.

Edited by rideforever

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Lakshmi said:

@Lakshmi Is this your conception of male patriarchy, or the male's conception of male patriarchy that you are submitting to?

Perhaps, I am confusing male hegemony with male patriarchy?

Edited by whitesilk

1 hour ago, whitesilk said:

Is this your conception of male patriarchy, or the male's conception of male patriarchy that you are submitting to?

Perhaps, I am confusing male hegemony with male patriarchy?

Or maybe one of the ways that Lakshmi experiences the Feminine is simply unacceptable to you?

12 minutes ago, Cybele said:

Or maybe one of the ways that Lakshmi experiences the Feminine is simply unacceptable to you?

Of course it it. I am a young middle aged man. I have no conception of the feminine experience. The mere point that I was making is that there is a difference between a strong facade of a man (hegemony) and a strong man (patriarchy). Or is my point unacceptable to you?

Posted (edited)

@Cybele

Women can only advise men their tips.

It's up to the man to make his point.

Edited by whitesilk
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aetherous said:

I think that goes beyond the discussion of masculinity and femininity, because it has to do with one person violating another's free will...it's another subject of discussion.

The subject presented by the OP is patriarchy, and in exploring patriarchy it is fitting to address ways in which it has been used to 'violate' another's free will. 

By the way, I'm sorry to anyone who has had their boundaries crossed by another.

I think it's part of traditional masculinity to seek to understand and respect the wishes (as well as dignity) of the women we know...it's like a chivalrous thing, and living by this type of code is what makes men strong.

True femininity inspires men, and helps them aspire toward noble things. Just like true masculinity, I think it's a subject which is hard for all of us to understand these days.

I will return to this... however, it will take some time to put together. 

• Thanks 1