Sign in to follow this  
Jimmerino

Yoga Guy Visiting

Hi, bums.

I'm a practitioner of yoga and a (longtime) dabbler in Taoist practice. Why did I choose yoga as my practice instead of the Taoist techniques? Because I'm someone who loves to tinker with his energy, who thirsts to "figure it all out", and who quietly harbors a superman complex. And all those things, in my view, are facilitated by Taoist practice. So I decided to go the other way.

Yoga has taught me:

to "let" rather than to "do".

to see that peace and happiness (let alone transcendence) can't come from "figuring things out".

and to discover that higher power comes from a higher power, and "I" have very little to do with it...though my individual ego mind will gladly take credit for what is achieved via its restraint!

But sometimes knowledge and tinkering is required to solve a particular problem. That's what the mind's good for...figuring out specific concrete problems. And there is no more insightful knowledge about body and energy systems than the Taoist teachings. So I'm grateful for all I've learned from Taoist practice, and stop in here from time to time to see what y'all are doing.

If someone will approve me, I have a question I'd like to post about kunlun and kundalini. Thanks!

Edited by Jimmerino

Hi Jimmerino,

Your presence here is all the approval you require, get posting and have fun

I think that by making one post in the lobby automatically lets you post elsewhere. Welcome to taobums!

.. I'm someone who loves to tinker with his energy, who thirsts to "figure it all out", and who quietly harbors a superman complex.

:lol::lol::lol:

* wipes tear *

That's a keeper.

Welcome.

Sign in to follow this