Sign in to follow this  
Zorro Dantes

How stupid you are is a reflection of how intelligent you can become ....

I am not saying this to be politically correct. Its really pretty much acceptable to badmouth the stupid. It isnt one of the legally protected subgroups that one is not supposed to discriminate against, like .., marital status, ethnicity , or race.
In lieu of thinking for onesself , one may abdicate critical thinking and just use a legal definition.

For instance , race is actually a blurry grouping based on the impression of phenotype that a person has of themself. Same as it is for ethnicity. There should in fact be no way to prove a persons race or ethnicity, most people have some mix of ancestral phenotype ,and social context... and so there should be no way to prove that a discriminatory act was perpetrated against the 'protected' minority. 

But anyway , it is fine to discriminate against people one considers stupid. Like by calling them stupid. However , intelligence is also a subjective standard , and again , it should not be possible to factually decide if a person was indeed stupid or not. 
We have all done things we deem dumb, but may ,or may not ,consider ourselves to be properly labeled as stupid.  

What really matters is to have 'zigged' when one should have 'zigged', and to have not 'zagged'. 
In light of not actually being able to see the future , we are all making guesses. Some guesses pan out, and we might win the lottery , OR we might not want to waste the dollar on such an improbable gain. 

Often people get divorces now-a-days, were all those people 'smart' , 'dumb', or taking a gamble? 
The stupid move , is essentially ,
defined by context ,and consequence.

Edited by Stosh
  • Thanks 1

That's exactly what i'm saying is...How  stupid you are is a reflection of how smart you can be...if only you were as smart as you are stupid... take into account this coming from someone who face plants off the mountain from time to time moaning and groaning  in  pain thinking about wtf just happened!?...yeah There's hope.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:16 AM, Lost in Translation said:

Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

Robert Heinlein

That being said this makes a great deal of sense...

Few people are truly stupid, they have just been taught to have low confidence.
Intelligence is learned through small things, small learnings, and often in relation to the body, like gardening or carpentry, paying attention using body mind and spirit together creates learning.
Many paths exist to provide a vehicle for less intellectual people, particularly bhakti, or energetic paths.
Those paths are quite robust and reliable.
Many intellectual paths like Advaita are actually Bhakti, but with an intellectual advertising that draws people to them but is not actually responsible for their awakening - the transmission of the guru and sitting in his presence is.   These people have no true idea of how their awakening happened, they probably think it's because they are so smart.

The smartest people are often people like cooks, cab drivers, and boxers  ... because they have not been able to hide from life, they learnt directly as their lives depended on it.   

Must true intelligence is inside the body-mind, this is one reason Jesus taught in parables related to farming.

Anyone who lives through hiding or talking, no matter that he is rich or has a high IQ, is normally stupid as he had no need to develop applied intelligence.

It is better to simply try then to ponder whether you can.

Don't waste time.

• Thanks 1

Stupid is as stupid does. 

There is a natural wisdom of liking what is good for you. I wouldn't mind more of that. 

• Like 1

Sometimes it seems that the more I learn, the higher my intelligence seems to operate, the more stupid I realize that I truly am.

• Like 1

So what your saying is... A stiff bowel full of Chicken rice soup...without the faceplant!?

image.jpeg.cc8d2c36a6a81de05226ed7d87e0fa9f.jpeg
thats a shame...damn good beverage...it had better be good for the soul...

Edited by Zorro Dantes

seems a manic - depressive argument...  the more depressed you can be, the more manic/crazy-happy you can be.

It seems too much an appeal that duality requires a rebound to the other extreme... but one is along a spectrum in most cases and not bounding... or you mean an addiction to bad can mean an addiction to good?

Then you are not really talking about the extreme positions but an addition ?

• Like 1

Dunning-Kruger? I think you're on the right track, the way you express it though is somewhat confusing though. Smart people realize they don't know everything and can't handle everything. It's wise to admit being less capable so we can do something about it on concepts that really matter.

• Like 1

I shall clarify the profoundness of this absurdity...Honestly I felt the whole chickens and shit remark sounded like...what it sounded like...hence the faceplant remark, which i might add is somewhat synchronicity on the universes part since i  just discovered that beverage after posting something to the effect of face planting off  the mountain from time to time. That being said  back to the  initial thesis..."how stupid you are is a reflection of how smart you can become...if only you were as smart as  you are stupid."

consider it a  mantra of hope  for humanity!

By all means DaoBums  if you felt so inclined, this could be a t shirt!

As far as duality is concerned...its a bit too concrete in application of life to adhere to such...hmm labeling of thought eh?

It really is  more of concrete statement, I kid you not...and it sounds just like  what it sounds like...If it tears your mind apart in rage and confusion...geez were you really as smart as you think you are? I think the real litmus test for  Intellect in regards to the audacity  of this notion is either it made one smile and laugh  at themselves or made one deeply grasp  inwards and reach for the truth in frustration. 

Edited by Zorro Dantes

1 hour ago, Zorro Dantes said:

I shall clarify the profoundness of this absurdity...Honestly I felt the whole chickens and shit remark sounded like...what it sounded like...hence the faceplant remark, which i might add is somewhat synchronicity on the universes part since i  just discovered that beverage after posting something to the effect of face planting off  the mountain from time to time. That being said  back to the  initial thesis..."how stupid you are is a reflection of how smart you can become...if only you were as smart as  you are stupid."

consider it a  mantra of hope  for humanity!

By all means DaoBums  if you felt so inclined, this could be a t shirt!

As far as duality is concerned...its a bit too concrete in application of life to adhere to such...hmm labeling of thought eh?

It really is  more of concrete statement, I kid you not...and it sounds just like  what it sounds like...If it tears your mind apart in rage and confusion...geez were you really as smart as you think you are? I think the real litmus test for  Intellect in regards to the audacity  of this notion is either it made one smile and laugh  at themselves or made one deeply grasp  inwards and reach for the truth in frustration. 

that was profoundly absurdist.  thanks :D

• Like 1

anyway you slice it falling to the top or grinding you knuckles on a steep and deadly climb  to the bottom. I think its a great verbal tool  statement for self reflection.

Senile dementia doesn't discriminate between the intelligent and the stupid. 

How intelligent you are may very well be a reflection of how stupid you can become. 

Everything is impermanent. Work out your salvation. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2019 at 12:25 AM, Cheshire Cat said:

Senile dementia doesn't discriminate between the intelligent and the stupid. 

How intelligent you are may very well be a reflection of how stupid you can become. 

Everything is impermanent. Work out your salvation. 

I agree with you guys and cat entirely...bizarre fortune has found itself in my lap,  so i'm just keeping it humble and remembering that i could be worse off and much dumber lol but indeed... 

On 4/13/2019 at 4:43 AM, rideforever said:

Understanding is truly blissful and peaceful and magnificent.

cheerio peoples.

Sign in to follow this