Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

True Christianity vs Convenient Weakness

The more I research Christianity, the more I am surprised at its seriousness and power, and how it is misrepresented.   Here are the two great laws Jesus chose as being the whole teaching, and when you look into what they actually mean, the meaning is surprising.

Matthew 22

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

These commandments refer to Moses's laws to the Jews from the Old Testament, looking them up we get :

Deuteronomy 6

5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

Leviticus 19

17 You must not hate your brother in your heart. You must surely reprove your fellow citizen so that you do not incur sin on account of him. 18 You must not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the children of your people, but you must love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

What we see here is that Jesus' intention for the first laws is a total devotion to the Lord until you are reminded by your eyelids, and that you discuss the Lord sitting in your house.  It is not a Sunday morning passtime.

Secondly we are to reprove (rebuke) our neighbours if they sin, but without holding any grudge in our hearts.   Certainly we are not "accepting" everything the neighbour does as if it is all okay, but actively trying to keep the road straight in our neighbourhood, and that active maintenance of virtue is what Jesus means by "love", including pointing out your neighbours' sins, and your own.   Also we are to do this to our "neighbour", rather than the whole planet of people.

Which is all very Jewish and bears little connection to the convenient weakness that Christianity is advertised as.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2019 at 11:44 AM, rideforever said:

Secondly we are to reprove (rebuke) our neighbours if they sin, but without holding any grudge in our hearts.

Thank you @rideforever for this post. I would like to offer a personal idea of mine for the reason that the greatest commandment is to Love the Lord your God. It all begins with prayer. Jesus also instructed us, while he was here with us fleshly humans, that we ought best to pray for our enemies. I just realized that I am preaching my viewpoint 'to the choir.' and that you probably already might understand the subtle delineation that I am pointing out. I am sort of just meandering thought by thought throughout this forum honestly without an intent of what I am actually doing, just enjoying my time here.

Thinking about it again, True Christians posses an inherent weakness or convenient weakness. True Christians would completely be reliant on the Lord and Jesus Christ for every struggle that they encounter. Therein lies their power.

Thinking about it much later, Love the Lord your God with all your heart:

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/ECC.3.11.niv

because it has been his anyway. He put an eternal heart into us humans.

Edited by whitesilk
  • Like 1

May my surrender be complete.

How does Jesus say to treat others, and enemies, her are some other verses, what can we make of them.

Luke 9
 3He told them: “Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra shirt. 4Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that town. 5If people do not welcome you, leave their town and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.” 6So they set out and went from village to village, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere.

John 2
13When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!”

Matthew 5
43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 12
31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Matthew 12
30“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. 31And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

33“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. 35A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

38Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.”

39He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now something greater than Jonah is here. 42The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, and now something greater than Solomon is here.

43“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Luke 12
8“I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God. 9But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God. 10And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

• Like 1

Yeah, we all have something that rings our bells. And the purpose is to love God, because God is that which calls us forth evermore, on our ever so unique individual journey, always along the path of least resistance, hence God is always have been given the highest of names. And yet so deep and personally relevant for all of humanity and all things in creation aswell, which can come to know all of that it is through all the things that is all the more of all that it is not. And to realise that the purpose of all the experience is a good purpose, to remind us, of our purpose then evermore. As creation is eternal and infinite, truely ever expanding, as is God, and thus calling us forth evermore, towards all that we are evermore in our ever becoming.

So here we are, but mostly we are still non-physical, coming from the Source of all things in creation, which is purely divine and perfect and ever expanding and ever becoming, just as we are. So we are a part of that, and to not forget, we can never forget who we are because we have a heart that will remind us of our purpose at all times, of God's infinite and eternally expanding knowing.

And how can you know, and follow your heart, unless you have an experience of that which is who you are not? So bless every evil, and use it simply as an opportunity to come to know yourself ever so more fully and greaterly, in all the good you are as God has created you to be and for the purpose of your ever more becoming of the evermore greater becoming of it all. For even as you do so, you allow everyone around you to do so more fully aswell. As they will also receive your reflection more fully, more prestine more whole. And thus they can come to know themselves ever so more fully aswell, through your leading edge example of your own ever greater becoming.

And so we can find benefit in all the reflections of all the beings that is all of who we are not aswell. And so yes, we are all neighbours. And we're all on this journey together. And God's creation is truely one of co-creation.

For if you truely were ment to be one thing only, you would only be one thing, and everything would be it, and so you would be everything, and there would be no experience, so no growth, no reflection, and so no ever becoming, and so no eternity and no infinity.

So God's ever becoming is through all of us, and everything, as we are the leading edge extensions of all that which we call non-physical source of all creation. But God is not limitted by any particular form. Truely limitless, infinite and eternal, and omnipresent and omni empowered. and omni knowing. And we can know our alignment with our eternal nature and true origin of our source and purpose here in this life, through our heart, which indicates our alignment, more, or less, in each and every single moment of our every life experience, and our focus and attention. For the purpose of our ever greater realisation and its ever more becoming, and the allowing of it, as God calls us forth towards it evermore. Through all of its creation and through us aswell and with us aswell.

And so we can bless every experience we have, for it is all part of the ever greater self realisation. Every single experience, is always the most perfect experience for you to have right now. For the purpose of your furthering growth.

And if there's something you want, for the purpose of coming to love God ever so more fully in the moment, and you think it is not here right now. Just imagine again, what you think you want. And you will realise, that it feels good to think about it, in the way you feel you want to experience it ever so more fully. But know, that what you have, is the joy and love of that experience, that is already available for you here and now. For you can and will always recognize your path thus then through your unconditional joy, to allow the path of least resistance towards all that it is you truely are ment to become and be evermore so fully.

And the way in which is present in your life right now, is how God's giving it unto you! And so it is through infinite wisdom that you have it in the way you have it now. And no matter how small it may seem to you, it is always gonna be endlessly bigger than all that you think it might have to be, for God's truely infinite in wisdom, and God's creation is truely infinite in nature.

So understanding the limitations of the mind, we allow our entire physical being to work in harmony and hand in hand, mind and heart and body. So we think for the purpose of feeling, and we feel for the purpose of being.

Thus allow yourself to walk the path of least resistance, and enjoy your life more fully, whatever life you find yourself in. For you can always imagine what you might think joy to be, and thus you can always feel what you feel joy to be, and so you can always be what you feel it to be evermore so fully, evermore.

For if you allow it to be the perfect life it already is, you will always see the path of your eternal journey is always right in front of you, as all the infinite and ever expanding might of God has created it to be for you here and now, for the perfection of your unique and individual life experience, for the ever calling forth of your being, for your ever more becoming. And even when you think you might be experiencing something you do not want, it is there simply to serve you, for you to come to a more full realisation of who it is you truely are, so in a way you can become it, and no longer need to keep reminding yourself of who you are, for you are thus then evermore being it in your ever greater allowance of your very own ever greater becoming, ever more.

And there is nothing but joy, for you to be realised here, for the love of God and for the love of all of God's creation for the purpose of coming to love God evermore, as God's evermore loving you through all of God's creation aswell.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bless your enemies, because as a Christian, a man of the way, much is expected of you.

Bless your enemies because they are confused, they are in sin, and you are to know that sin clearly, that is why you bless them, you see their sinfulness (sin= misssing the mark).

And there are consequences for sin, grave consequences, you know that as well.

Except for sins against the Holy Ghost (meaning hope truth and the path); such sins are very severe and very damaging and these must be dealt with immediately and strongly.

And hold no grudges, just see the truth of these things and do what needs doing.

So that is all very different from the usual interpretations, meaning I don't make any judgements, nothing is wrong, I accept everything and I accept what everyone does.   

This is not Christianity, but convenient self-ingratiating with people around you.

• Like 2

This is not an excuse, but "all fall short". It's not within human nature to be the perfect Christian, although Jesus did say to try.

For some people, they might not be so on fire about the teachings, and might be basically a simpleton...but going to church reminds them of ways they can be a better person, or connects them to God/the Holy Spirit, and goodness ends up showing in their lives more or less. Hopefully not less.

For me personally, I see that society thinks there is a free pass to denigrate Christians in every moment, so being a rebel, I tend to stand against that and want to speak positively of them. But I do think it's true: many don't read their own book enough, and if they do, they just give it lip service and don't truly take it seriously. However, it's very easy to say that about them...but a little harder, and more fruitful, to say that about myself.

4 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

Inspired by the Way, I meet this moment.

And now I meet this moment.

When tired I sleep.

When very tired I die.

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2019 at 4:00 PM, rideforever said:

who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

It finally just clicked. I have been nervous about this issue because I have talked down upon those that speak in tongues as too 'far out' for my tastes.

Those that take Jesus Christ as their savior can be forgiven.

Those that only believe in the Father or the holy ghost cannot.

I would like to hear other's thoughts?

Technically I wasn't blaspheming because I did not speak evil of speaking in tongues, just that I doubted it's reality at the time.

Edited by whitesilk

3 hours ago, rideforever said:

Inspired by the Way, I meet this moment.

When tired I sleep.

When very tired I die.

So how does one consciously let go? By becoming aware of it!

A habbit made conscious becomes a choice, and now it's gone, it no longer exists...

So when you die, you will hold on so tightly to your memories and identity, that you become aware of your habbit to keep holding on to this particular idea of who you are. And then it's gone. You literally don't have to do ANYTHING to let go of this life and die. All you have to do, is stop doing the thing that prevents you from going and being free.

And the death experience is simply the path of least resistance for most people to remember that they have a choice, and that this isn't all real, just any less than a habbit being real. It's just something you keep choosing, that you forgot you're choosing, so you keep doing it, and not being aware of it, you keep doing it, untill poof, you become aware of it, the habbit is instantly gone. Because you recognized the moment when you chose it. And it is the awareness and consciousness that restores it instantly into perfect natural bliss.

Edited by Everything

18 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

What is your reasoning ?

3 minutes ago, rideforever said:

What is your reasoning ?

Very simple. Because God cannot forgive, because God has never blamed anyone to begin with. God is not a human being like Jesus. The word God can represent something physical. So understand that Source is actually non-physical, infinite intelligence. You might think of loving light, or lightning or electricity, it makes no mistake, always follows the path of least resistance, it is always perfect and yet ever expanding, eternal and infinite. Our true nature, even right here and now, we are extension of all of that.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

It finally just clicked. I have been nervous about this issue because I have talked down upon those that speak in tongues as too 'far out' for my tastes.

I would like to hear other's thoughts?

That is not correct and Jesus even states that the Father also forgives.  The issue around the Holy Spirit is more about the natural flow of energy/light of God in the world.  Like as described in the TTC when talking about the Dao.  It is impartial, get in the way of the flow and you get smacked... :)  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

That is not correct and Jesus even states that the Father also forgives.  The issue around the Holy Spirit is more about the natural flow of energy/light of God in the world.  Like as described in the TTC when talking about the Dao.  It is impartial, get in the way of the flow and you get smacked... :)  

Yeah, and it is your own flow! Of who YOU truely are. So you're basically getting smacked by the greater you who you are truely ment to be, because that being is unwaveringly in full alignment with that which you might call Source or God. Because just like Source or God your soul is still non-physical, and you're all your physical life connected to it, the resistance only comes from your physical being yeah. Your soul never offers a single thought of resistance.

So your physical being can have resistance to that flow of all things good, but you would feel your energy motional discord emmediatly in the form of negative emotion. 

That is why you need not fear, because you got fear to let go of fear. But if you ignore your emotions, yes, then you truely need fear,  because otherwise you're gonna attract endless of painful physical experiences, untill you let go of that which causes fear.

And then you will be like one of those who gets burned alife, and you will say, that the fire is not painful. It is just the idea or believe that you are not loved is what truely is the source of all the pain. So you instantly let go, and return to your natural state of joy ever so more fully. When you realise that nothing can hurt as much as a simple emotion. So an eternity of suffering can happen in 1 second.

Edited by Everything

2 hours ago, whitesilk said:

Technically I wasn't blaspheming because I did not speak evil of speaking in tongues, just that I doubted it's reality at the time.

I personally think it would require a knowledge that the tongues were truly from the holy spirit, and then rejecting or opposing it.

It's possible for someone to lie... or someone to be fooled, themselves... and to claim to you that their incoherent babbling is the real speaking in tongues. In which case, there's no problem doubting that and speaking against it. Perhaps the holy spirit would even direct people to speak out against the fake thing.

So how do you know the difference between a fraudulent case, and a true case of speaking in tongues?

In my personal interpretation, the determining factor is having true knowledge of what the holy spirit is and how it works. Being able to discern the true from the false case. If you don't really have that knowledge, and you don't truly discern, then can it truly be said that you committed that sin? "And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." - Luke 23:34 ESV

At least I would hope that would be the case. Who knows. Maybe one still does commit it in ignorance.

Regarding the eternal sin being about Jesus, there is this verse: "And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." - Matthew 12:32 ESV. It might not be about accepting Jesus, and it seems that it's about opposing the holy spirit.

Did the Pharisees in the verse have knowledge that Jesus' exorcisms were done by the power of the holy spirit? Who knows. Perhaps he just gave them a stern warning to not oppose the power of God. Or perhaps they did know, to some extent, and were trying to slander him for their own purposes, such as maintaining religious authority...in which case, they were consciously acting against God.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rideforever said:

What is your reasoning ?

I did some word research on the verb 'blaspheming.' It was first used in the 14th Century, most likely as a barbarian tongue root. To most abstract way to identify the verb is to define it as, 'to place your blame upon.' 

So deconstucting the language as such reveals a logical reverse argument.

Belief in Christ == forgiven = a

Blame Holy Spirit == not forgiven = b

Blame God the Father == unknown = c

Taking a rational, known approach of the language that I would prefer to be forgiven by Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and God the Father, Item a of this riddle would yield an overruling of items b,c because of my belief that the three are one. Therefore, a non belief in item a would yield truth to items b, and c. My statement that:

12 hours ago, whitesilk said:

]be forgiven] implies a non belief in item a.

So again looking at the language, it may not be separate in meaning or justified by context. 

Sign in to follow this