Patrick Brown

I stayed with my abusive girlfriend out of fear she would kill me

9 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

While you're around can you explain why I can't add whitesilk to my ignore list?

@karen

This issue is getting complex.

7 hours ago, Aetherous said:

How can someone be so weak and submissive, so as to let it happen to themselves?

@Aetherous

Looking back on my life, and realizing that I was a naive young man of farmer's ancestry in an unknown cultural environment, it has taken me time to adjust properly.

At university I dated a woman that I still love to this day, regardless of her cultural manipulations. She once kneed me in my loins post coitus, and was immediately told to leave. I got up got dressed and as I was preparing to walk out the door, she quipped come back. I ran and hid from her in the dorm room common area.

She must have then spread rumor that I was the one who hit her because I recently found out why a lady would wear dark rimmed sunglasses. The guilt I realize now was the cause of her actions against me. I forgive her with all my heart for the joyful moments that she has given me in my life.

On my Aunt Carol Ann's lung cancer death bed the photo album that I shared of myself and my then girlfriend of the Jean Claude and Christof Gates exhibit in Central Park brought a smile to My dying Aunt Carol Ann's face. Do know that the experience individuals have in common are each interpreted in different ways. To answer your question directly would be incorrect in my opinion, as I believe that 'to give way is to gain strength.'

Edited by whitesilk

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Perhaps.  But reversed it can be a different situation. 

But we cant ignore the stats ....... saying that more women are abused by men , does not in any way IMO negate the  fact that men get abused too .

I personally find it interesting how society views, and tells us to view women...versus how they can sometimes be.

Also, I wasn't saying that women are abusive and men aren't, by any means. Just sharing a real life experience which the OP caused me to remember, which when you have enough of them, can shake you out of your cultural programming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whitesilk said:

Can I scream, Would you accept a vocal Shut the Fuck Up right now @Patrick Brown

Since you quoted me and then put the above  question under my quote ...

No you can not .

• Like 2

Well I watched the two videos in my last post above and I did have a degree of doubt after seeing them both but we don't know the whole story. Obviously many different types of reports were made for the court proceedings and I'm sure that 7 year prison sentences aren't dished out lightly. 

The guy does come across as being very weak and was perhaps just unlucky to end up with such a partners but ultimately it seems they both had a lesson to learn. What's interesting is that the policeman seemed to have an awareness of this kind of situation which speaks volumes. 

Perhaps this sort of thing has always existed but has just been hidden? 

Unlucky ?  maybe not.   You detected a weakness in him, others will too. And some others, with an oppressing and violent bullying nature ( it may be hidden under the 'everyday surface' ) will be attracted to them.

Experiments have been done where such types of violent offenders are sat in a position to observe people walking past them, they cant see the person even, just their back as they walk away . Then they asked the offender which of them he would follow, attack, rob and or beat up.  Within this group of 'passer by' people where implanted a few previous victims, and they where the ones the offenders targeted. Often unconsciously, and sometimes just by the persona gait and body language and posture.

Some people get training to correct this . It is also a principle that has been bought into more progressive self defence lessons .

https://www.ftcollinsmartialarts.com/body-language-is-self-defense/

Back n the days when we had an active magical group going we looked at classifying types of people into a neter  (or more simply ; which Egyptian God where they most like) .  It was surprising - people exhibited traits to a surprising degree.  'Isian'  (Isis)  types often fell into the 'victim' category , particularly women  that had issues about motherhood, abandonment , tragedy , etc.

After a while I realised this related to mythology generally  ( ie. extensions to Greek and Roman myth ), I watched one very 'Venusian / Scorpionic' woman continually have issues with 3  partners in a row  (  Venus was married to Vulcan, who was lame in one leg )  who where all 'lame' in their left leg .   Another Horus type had issues with left eye.  IMO  Thoth or Ma'at  seem the safer ones to emulate.   

Now I see people here being caught up in the traditional stories and lessons  that seem to have been laid down in this land.

Anyway, my point is, yes some people do seem weak and to be 'victim about to happen' , but  that can be changed, if they want change.

I would never make a good opressee ......   to  ' ornery '         :)   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nungali said:

'Isian'  (Isis)  types often fell into the 'victim' category , particularly women  that had issues about motherhood, abandonment , tragedy , etc.

fyi, a history of computer programming, Lord Byron and Lady Wentworth had a legitimate daughter, Ada Lovelace who had major daddy issues. 

For a male philosophical lens, take a look at John Stuart Mill :

"Mill went through months of sadness and pondered suicide at twenty years of age. According to the opening paragraphs of Chapter V of his autobiography, he had asked himself whether the creation of a just society, his life's objective, would actually make him happy. His heart answered "no", and unsurprisingly he lost the happiness of striving towards this objective"

@Nungali, you were looking deep into our cultural archetypes, yet the above are two more recent cases during the onset of industrialism. I like the idea that we are split into types of people, I take affinity with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlang_Shen because I spot out the logical truth and am a hermit, yet have never slew a dragon; however I am the second son born, plus he is a super awesome character in the game SMITE

Edited by whitesilk

On 18-2-2019 at 2:34 PM, Patrick Brown said:

While you're around can you explain why I can't add whitesilk to my ignore list? 

I tried to add whitesilk to my ignore list myself some time ago and wasn't allowed to do it either. But I tried again just now, and now I succeeded. Strange indeed! :blink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whitesilk said:

fyi, a history of computer programming, Lord Byron and Lady Wentworth had a legitimate daughter, Ada Lovelace who had major daddy issues. 

For a male philosophical lens, take a look at John Stuart Mill :

"Mill went through months of sadness and pondered suicide at twenty years of age. According to the opening paragraphs of Chapter V of his autobiography, he had asked himself whether the creation of a just society, his life's objective, would actually make him happy. His heart answered "no", and unsurprisingly he lost the happiness of striving towards this objective"

@Nungali, you were looking deep into our cultural archetypes, yet the above are two more recent cases during the onset of industrialism. I like the idea that we are split into types of people, I take affinity with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlang_Shen because I spot out the logical truth and am a hermit, yet have never slew a dragon; however I am the second son born, plus he is a super awesome character in the game SMITE

<sigh > .... another person 'learning about life'  from computer gaming  and wanting to emulate their characters. .

Such is life  ..... nowadays.

• Like 1

My stance is three point on the pitch it was two and my head was between a lock and a hooker. What game's am I referring to @Nungali ? Why do I need to decompress my edge?

4 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Why do I need to decompress my edge?

There exists men in our collective conscience that claim women abuse them. I am still screaming mentally at this issue, yet would like to help you understand that women aught be praised by their men. Absolutely praised for the heavenly goddess that every woman is capable to become.

2 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

My stance is three point on the pitch it was two and my head was between a lock and a hooker.

ummmm .....      here you go then ;

GUEST_5cbc282b-e62b-4f86-829c-a3fb8cfd46

2 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

What game's am I referring to @Nungali ? ....

Oh gee ... I dont know  , ummmm .... maybe this   "  ..... , I take affinity with .....  plus he is a super awesome character in the game SMITE "

1 minute ago, whitesilk said:

There exists men in our collective conscience that claim women abuse them. I am still screaming mentally at this issue, yet would like to help you understand that women aught be praised by their men. Absolutely praised for the heavenly goddess that every woman is capable to become.

Now you are answering your own posts   .

Anywayz ... I heard this classic from a woman once ;   " HIM ! ? Oh gawd ... him and his 'I want to make love to the Goddess'  through me rave . F*** that  I want him to f*** me !  Not be fantasising about some Goddess some man has made up ! "

:D 

1 minute ago, whitesilk said:

Mhe  ......      whatever .

I prefer the traditional haka  ... done in traditional way .

IT IS DEATH   -  IT IS LIFE  !

I lived with the Ngāti Tuwharetoa for a short period .... and I DONT mean at the tourist Maori village .

The only thing  I know of that phases these guys was when some naughty ones  that poo-pooed tradition went up the mountain into a cave they where not supposed to go into. There was a mummy of a Maori chief sitting upright in there . They swear he opened his eyes and looked at them.

They bolted  back a mess and  haven't been 'quite right' since then .... but  are now VERY respectful of traditions .

• Like 1

I dont report anyone

I prefer to deal with them myself 

sworddoom-nakadai.jpg?w=1100

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

@Nungali Have you reported whitesilk?

Anymore of their trolling and I'll be asking the Admins some serious question!  

Man, you need to lighten up. This is off topic, the rabbot hole where conversations meander and then find their way back on topic, eventually.

You can't prevent anyone from posting in topics outside of a PPD, even then they can post, but you have to hide or delete their comments.

I have not watched your new videos yet; depending on their content this topic might end up in off grid.

5 hours ago, Kar3n said:

Man, you need to lighten up. This is off topic, the rabbot hole where conversations meander and then find their way back on topic, eventually.

So there's no moderation in certain areas of this forum? Some people consistently post random crap and are rarely seem to post anything of value. Or perhaps I'm being overly sensitive? 

5 hours ago, Kar3n said:

You can't prevent anyone from posting in topics outside of a PPD, even then they can post, but you have to hide or delete their comments.

So again you're telling me there's no moderation in certain parts of this forum? What does PPD mean? Oh so I can delete peoples comments on my own threads? I'll look into that! 

5 hours ago, Kar3n said:

I have not watched your new videos yet; depending on their content this topic might end up in off grid.

There's nothing wrong with the videos I've posted on this thread. They're all from regular UK daytime TV I think. The fact that you say you might have to delete them is just inflammatory and antagonistic, isn't it?   

Perhaps you're the one that should chill Karen? 

NO I CAN'T DELETE POSTS ON MY OWN THREADS SO CAN YOU EXPLAIN? 

OH YOU MEAN I SHOULD DELETE A WHOLE THREAD I CREATE IF TROLLS TAKE IT OVER?

GET A LIFE!!!

As I understand it the only way to be sure that trolls will not ruin your topic is to start it in your own PPD. The downside is that topics in your PPD have less overall visibility and thus tend to draw hardly any comments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1