Patrick Brown

The misogynous posturing thread? - Or are some people just too touchy?

32 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

I'm not sure what exactly you're saying, and have no idea what Archie Bunker is...but if the point is that a TV show can't represent a gender in general, I have to disagree in this case. The crappy ideas, lifestyle, and dialogue in Sex and the City does match up with a large (greater than 50%) portion of women in real life (in other words, from my real life experience of listening to them). And I'm sorry you watched more than one episode of that show.

Let's not make anything about gender wars. I'm not about that...I think we know that I treat men and women equally here. Let's talk about what's real, rather than deny the truth.

For instance, if you go out to the bars and talk to women (or really just the types of people who go to those places), this is who is out there:

These types of people are a destructive force in our society, or at least this could be said: they don't benefit anyone.

If any women here are offended by this, they should ask themselves if this is truly how they talk and what they think about. If they spend their days thinking of more important things, then what I'm referring to has nothing to do with them.

Here`s the thing.  I don`t think we can reduce these young women to their answers to some silly interview question outside a bar on some drunken Saturday night.  Whatever you think of their behavior here, if you got to know them you`d see a wide range of human experience -- nuanced friendships, hard decisions, families, intellectual passions, creative work.  We are so much more than our most superficial moments.

And it`s not like men are any better -- or worse.  Just the other week there was a thread about how challenging it is to have real friendships with big-boobed women.  The OP, presumably a heterosexual male, seemed to have a real thing for this body part and wasn`t shy about saying so.  A videographer at any frat house could easily make a movie showing the shadow side of young drunken men.  And that doesn`t mean the men don`t also have deep family and friend connections, intellectual and artistic passions, etc.

Why not just be easier on ourselves?  Most of us have (or have had) a shallow sexual side.  I know I do.  That doesn`t mean it`s the sum total of who I am.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Here`s the thing.  I don`t think we can reduce these young women to their answers to some silly interview question outside a bar on some drunken Saturday night.  Whatever you think of their behavior here, if you got to know them you`d see a wide range of human experience -- nuanced friendships, hard decisions, families, intellectual passions, creative work.  We are so much more than our most superficial moments.

You might be right in some cases.

Maybe the girl that said "big daaaaaaaaaahhhcccckkkk" is a neurosurgeon who just created a new procedure that can help save hundreds of thousands of lives. Must have just caught her at an inopportune moment.

But really...the video is evidence of how many people are. Let's not overlook reality in our discussions, and try to sweep it under the rug.

Just the other week their was a thread about how challenging it is to have real friendships with big-boobed women.  The OP, presumably a heterosexual male, seemed to have a real thing for this body part and wasn`t shy about saying so.

There's nothing wrong with what that poster was saying in the least. They were someone who was trying to improve themselves, improve their relations with others, and were trying to be honest about their experience in the attempts. I encourage you to not ever bring them up again in an attempt to shame them. People should feel free to be honest like that here, without being shamed for it.

A videographer at any frat house could easily make a movie showing the shadow side of young drunken men.  And that doesn`t mean the men don`t also have deep family and friend connections, intellectual and artistic passions, etc.

I think you make a very good point there. Not fully agreeing that people who live that way are beneficial to society/anyone/themselves (I was that way once), but perhaps once they mature a little bit some of them could become good...and maybe even in the midst of letting loose in their youth, they could make some very beneficial choices at times.

Why not just be easier on ourselves?

Because that promotes the destructive force. It sounds nice to "be easy on yourself", but the result isn't nice. We should be hard on ourselves, and become better human beings! This being easy on yourself thing is what creates monsters out of human beings, and is what "destroys nations". Instead of being self centered and self pleasuring, we should strive to live morally, so that we can be fulfilled.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Apech said:

It's a start.

I picked up some frightfully decadent cream cheese filled muffins.. my ex never would have accepted such in the house (there was some issue with cream cheese), and I certainly feel like I've come a long way in the reclamation of myself.. oops, I mean destruction of society. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

You might be right in some cases.

Maybe the girl that said "big daaaaaaaaaahhhcccckkkk" is a neurosurgeon who just created a new procedure that can help save hundreds of thousands of lives. Must have just caught her at an inopportune moment.

But really...the video is evidence of how many people are. Let's not overlook reality in our discussions, and try to sweep it under the rug.

There's nothing wrong with what that poster was saying in the least. They were someone who was trying to improve themselves, improve their relations with others, and were trying to be honest about their experience in the attempts. I encourage you to not ever bring them up again in an attempt to shame them. People should feel free to be honest like that here, without being shamed for it.

Only young women who like big dick can be shamed... get with the damn program Luke. :lol:

BTW Where I grew up young women didn't act like that, and it's just as difficult for me to believe it's some norm amongst the majority of young women as it seems difficult for you to believe it's not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

It sounds nice to "be easy on yourself", but the result isn't nice. We should be hard on ourselves, and become better human beings! This being easy on yourself thing is what creates monsters out of human beings, and is what "destroys nations". Instead of being self centered and self pleasuring, we should strive to live morally, so that we can be fulfilled.

Maybe we mean different things by the phrase "be easy on yourself."

What I mean is not to judge ourselves or others.  It`s actually a very Buddhist practice, the "radical acceptance" of this moment just as it is.  Not grasping after the idea that we (or somebody else) should be different than we are.  Not rejecting reality but being willing to "leave things as they are."  Which doesn`t paradoxically mean we can`t work for change.  It just means that our efforts towards change are preceded and grounded in our acceptance of reality as it is.

Can we stop judging ourselves for our sexual feelings (just as an example).  If we do it doesn`t mean we`ll go crazy and give up all restraint.  I actually think it`s likely we`ll be more restrained.  Do you think those young women in the video saying they want a big dick don`t have judgments about their own (and others) sexuality?  I think they do.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

Just now, ilumairen said:

Only young women who like big dick can be shamed... get with the damn program Luke. :lol:

If a woman was on here talking about how she wanted to progress spiritually, and treat men with dignity, but she had trouble because she was attracted to big dicks...there'd be zero shaming from me.

Do you see the difference? There are people trying to improve themselves and improve conditions for others...and then there are those who don't care at all about that.

I think that's what this thread is about...those who destroy society, versus those who don't.

Just now, ilumairen said:

BTW Where I grew up young women didn't act like that, and it's just as difficult for me to believe it's some norm amongst the majority of young women as it seems difficult for you to believe it's not. 

I'm part of a fairly large international Facebook group that has a majority of women; like 80% of the members are women, and 98% are liberals. The amount of talk about dicks would be eye opening to most people.

But there have been other places I've been exposed to these types of women.

Good thing you don't see it as the norm.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Maybe we mean different things by the phrase "be easy on yourself."

What I mean is not to judge ourselves or others.  It`s actually a very Buddhist practice, the "radical acceptance" of this moment just as it is.  Not grasping after the idea that we (or somebody else) should be different than we are.  Not rejecting reality but being willing to "leave things as they are."  Which doesn`t paradoxically mean we can`t work for change.  It just means that our efforts towards change are preceded and grounded in our acceptance of reality as it is.

Can we stop judging ourselves for our sexual feeling (just as an example).  If we do it doesn`t mean we`ll go crazy and give up all restraint.  I actually think it`s likely we`ll be more restrained.  Do you think those young women in the video saying they want a big dick don`t have judgmens about their own (and others) sexuality?  I think they do.

It's not Buddhism to accept wrongdoing and leave things as they are...that's a newage teaching, just like "be easy on yourself" is.

We should definitely not judge ourselves or others for having sexual feelings or certain attractions. Repression is not the way. But being a piece of shit, like most of the people in that video, or like the characters in Sex and the City - we should be judged by ourselves and others, and improve.

Sorry but I'm not sorry at all. The state of our world is in bad shape, and it's directly because of how people are. Time to change.

...and on this note, I'll try to leave the thread. I didn't really have an interest in the subject and was just going to make a random comment. Trying to focus on some real life issues, as well as learn more about dividend investing, so gender bickering type stuff is very low on the list of important things.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

It's not Buddhism to accept wrongdoing and leave things as they are...that's a newage teaching, just like "be easy on yourself" is.

We should definitely not judge ourselves or others for having sexual feelings or certain attractions. Repression is not the way. But being a piece of shit, like most of the people in that video, or like the characters in Sex and the City - we should be judged by ourselves and others, and improve.

Sorry but I'm not sorry at all. The state of our world is in bad shape, and it's directly because of how people are. Time to change.

...and on this note, I'll try to leave the thread. I didn't really have an interest in the subject and was just going to make a random comment. Trying to focus on some real life issues, as well as learn more about dividend investing, so gender bickering type stuff is very low on the list of important things.

Is this like the rigedness you attributed to women in the other thread?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Is this like the rigedness you attributed to women in the other thread?

Nope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

And it`s not like men are any better -- or worse.  Just the other week there was a thread about how challenging it is to have real friendships with big-boobed women.  The OP, presumably a heterosexual male, seemed to have a real thing for this body part and wasn`t shy about saying so.  A videographer at any frat house could easily make a movie showing the shadow side of young drunken men.  And that doesn`t mean the men don`t also have deep family and friend connections, intellectual and artistic passions, etc.

Why not just be easier on ourselves?  Most of us have (or have had) a shallow sexual side.  I know I do.  That doesn`t mean it`s the sum total of who I am.  

It is not very challenging to have a pure platonic relationship with Lindsey Pelas at all as she is not really my type despite the fact that she has a most gorgeous face and a most fantastic body.

What's most challenging to have a pure platonic relationship with is a babe with a most enlightened nature personality as well as a most gorgeous face and a most fantastic body.

I am still working on that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ndchance said:

It is not very challenging to have a pure platonic relationship with Lindsey Pelas at all as she is not really my type despite the fact that she has a most gorgeous face and a most fantastic body.

What's most challenging to have a pure platonic relationship with is a babe with a most enlightened nature personality as well as a most gorgeous face and a most fantastic body.

I am still working on that.

Was that your thread I was referring to 2ndchance?  Aetherous thought I was shaming you.   For the record, I`d have a difficult time having a purely platonic relationship with someone I was majorly attracted to physically.  And you`re right -- an enlightened personality would just make it worse.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

Actually I think the world is in pretty good shape. Certainly a lot less raping, pillaging and deadly plagues going on.

Military upbringing has had a way of colouring one’s perception :)

People of all genders can behave like idiots though...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, freeform said:

Actually I think the world is in pretty good shape.

I might end up making a thread that provides examples of how this isn't yet true, for the purpose of increasing our awareness and compassion. Many very horrible things happen every moment, out of sight and out of mind for those of us in privileged societies. But I do agree that the world has been improving gradually as history has progressed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

If a woman was on here talking about how she wanted to progress spiritually, and treat men with dignity, but she had trouble because she was attracted to big dicks...there'd be zero shaming from me.

And if I said, I'd like to treat men with more dignity but they persist in shaming my younger sisters, and this is troubling to me what would your response be?

Do you see the difference? There are people trying to improve themselves and improve conditions for others...and then there are those who don't care at all about that.

A snapshot into the moment of a young woman who is labeled as hot according to the title of the video, doesn't actually tell me much about the young woman at all.

What I've found myself curious about is how you came across said video.

If someone were to access my YouTube feed, they'd find Bön teachings, guided sleep meditations, music videos and make up tutorials. In short, the things that interest me. And hot chicks and/or the size of dicks they may be interested in don't fall into that category. 

I think that's what this thread is about...those who destroy society, versus those who don't.

This thread is seeking to blame the destruction of society on females, and the opening of the video makes clear that this is due to women gaining the right (only through the giving of men) to choose their own sexual partners, and ability to choose how to express their own sexuality. 

I'm part of a fairly large international Facebook group that has a majority of women; like 80% of the members are women, and 98% are liberals. The amount of talk about dicks would be eye opening to most people.

But there have been other places I've been exposed to these types of women.

Good thing you don't see it as the norm.

Men talk about t and a, and the size of both,  all the time.  I accept this, and don't generally shame them for it.  That some young woman decided to turn the tables and objectify men by the only size they could/ would feel less manly about is .. interesting. As is the reaction to such objectification.

I respect you Aetherous, but hot dayum, in this moment my mama bear is bristling...

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Was that your thread I was referring to 2ndchance?  Aetherous thought I was shaming you.   For the record, I`d have a difficult time having a purely platonic relationship with someone I was majorly attracted to physically.  And you`re right -- an enlightened personality would just make it worse.

Well if I were to talk to Lindey Pelas over dinner or over a series of dinner dates, I probably wouldn't think about her fantastic breasts or gorgeous face at all.

The initial sexual attraction will wear off after you begin to know a person by spending time with him or her.

Sure I know a lot of men even those on the spiritual path have no problems with bonking her but after a series of maybe the most fascinating bed-time experiences, if you can't relate to Lindesy Pelas on a mental/emotional level, then how are you going to muster the interest and energy and time to keep seeing her?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

The initial sexual attraction will wear off after you begin to know a person by spending time with him or her.

Sure I know a lot of men even those on the spiritual path have no problems with bonking her but after a series of maybe the most fascinating bed-time experiences, if you can't relate to Lindesy Pelas on a mental/emotional level, then how are you going to muster the interest and energy and time to keep seeing her?

You allude to a very rich topic -- how relationships change and potentially deepen over time.  Like you perhaps, it`s been my experience that the initial sexual attraction gives way after some months to a different kind of knowing.  Some people do maintain a strong sexual spark for years, and I believe that`s a sign of uncommon psychological maturity.  Probably above my pay grade though I`m working on it.  There`s all kinds of relationships, that`s for sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

And if I said, I'd like to treat men with more dignity but they persist in shaming my younger sisters, and this is troubling to me what would your response be?

A snapshot into the moment of a young woman who is labeled as hot according to the title of the video, doesn't actually tell me much about the young woman at all.

If someone were to access my YouTube feed, they'd find Bön teachings, guided sleep meditations, music videos and make up tutorials. In short, the things that interest me. And hot chicks and/or the size of dicks they may be interested in don't fall into that category. 

This thread is seeking to blame the destruction of society on females, and the opening of the video makes clear that this is due to women gaining the right (only through the giving of men) to choose their own sexual partners, and ability to choose how to express their own sexuality. 

Men talk about t and a, and the size of both,  all the time.  I accept this, and don't generally shame them for it.  That some young woman decided to turn the tables and objectify men by the only size they could/ would feel less manly about is .. interesting. As is the reaction to such objectification.

I respect you Aetherous, but hot dayum, in this moment my mama bear is bristling...

I will have to state the brutal truth. 

Men are more attracted to women on a physical level initially then the emotional mental attraction kick in afterwards.

Women may be attracted to men on a physical level i.e. they have the ideal physical requirements which they are attracted to but more often than not, women are more attracted to the emotional mental aspects of a relationship ..

women place more importance on the emotional mental aspects of men .. men are not as choosy about the emotional mental aspects of women but men in general focus more on the physical attributes of women..

they say that men are into sex a lot more than love .. and that women are into love more than sex .. men like to fool around a lot more than women because men are meant to conquer as they have the warrior genetic make-up in them..

men need to have sex first before falling in love .. women need to fall in love first before having sex ..

what i have discovered in most western countries is that women are behaving more and more like men in the sense that women want to have as many sexual pleasures as many sexual relationships as men and that is threatening to most men.

from a spiritual point of view, what the OP should state is that women who choose sex over love.. women who choose lust over love .. women who resort to behaving like men who like to procreate as many times as possible like animals .. well such women are indeed vehicles of destruction leading to the destruction of civilizations..

Just google the term "Sex-Obsessed West".

luckily, there are not too many women who would choose lust/sex over love... maybe the OP can choose to study forums like the love forum more and understand that even in the sex obsessed west, there are a lot of women who are looking for true love instead of just sex..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

You allude to a very rich topic -- how relationships change and potentially deepen over time.  Like you perhaps, it`s been my experience that the initial sexual attraction gives way after some months to a different kind of knowing.  Some people do maintain a strong sexual spark for years, and I believe that`s a sign of uncommon psychological maturity.  Probably above my pay grade though I`m working on it.  There`s all kinds of relationships, that`s for sure.

I was a PUA before and I was involved in many sexual relationships without any emotional love content in them.

I know many Pick-Up Artists in this world whose main goal in life is to screw as many hot women as possible without involving themselves in the emotional mental aspects of relationships.

After screwing hot girls, they just grow bored of such hot girls even if they have the most fascinating breasts and the most beautiful faces. 

Where is the love?

Where is the light?

Where is the purpose?

In such useless lustful relationships without love?

I am not saying that the best relationships in life do not involve sex.

What I am saying is that the best relationships in life incorporate all aspects of all positive emotions all positive states of minds and that of course revolve around the concept of the most beautiful, most joyous, most loving sexual relationships ever.

A man fascinated with just breasts is no different from a woman fascinated with just dicks.

Both are lustful animals of the lowest orders which lead to the decline of civilizations.

I admit that I was such a lustful animal before who was attracted to only breasts but I have moved on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

And if I said, I'd like to treat men with more dignity but they persist in shaming my younger sisters, what would your response be?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

If people deserve to be criticized because they're literally a destructive force in society, do you think the criticism should be held back simply because they're of a certain gender? Everyone of your gender is your "sister"? Are all men your "brothers"? At least personally, my real sister and brother are much more important to me than most people.

I think it came up in my Youtube recommendations a few months back. It's obviously not the type of video I'm interested in.

I would blame the destruction of society on the type of people who talk and behave like the characters in Sex and the City, like the people in the female-majority Facebook group I'm part of, or the type of bar people in the video I shared, etc.

My view is that women choose who they get together with, and that's not a right given by men or something (how weird would that be)...but I do think that women in general often make pretty poor relationship or sexual decisions. I'm sure we could get confirmation on that from the multitude of single mothers out there. Regarding single motherhood: there's the statistic which tells how the majority of incarcerated males were raised without a father...an example of one aspect of this being destructive to society...

I could go on and talk about a lot of different personal examples from women I've known, and make a bunch of points, but I'm busy doing other things. A sample: regretting being gangbanged, the fact that the CDC said 1 in 3 teenage females have an STD, ending up single past the age of being able to have children despite claiming to want a man and children, etc...

Men talk about t and a, and the size of both,  all the time.

Do we, though?

Wasn't there recently a discussion about how this forum is 99% men?

Is that what this place is about? I like big daobums and I cannot lie!

I accept this, and don't generally shame them for it.  That some young woman decided to turn the tables and objectify men by the only size they could/ would feel less manly about is .. interesting. As is the reaction to such objectification.

It's just low behavior, that demonstrates where their mind is at. It's my view that men and women are made to be better than all of this type of stuff (not just talking about a body part, but the entire gamut of everything self-absorbed and vapid).

I'm not one to be intimidated by the anger of a woman in the slightest, and I have an expectation of every person I come across to be able to reason above all else (especially those who have previously earned my respect, like you), and am so used to being let down that it doesn't even phase me if my expectations aren't met. Basically, feel free to go full on bear mode...I don't give a shit. I still treat you the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2ndchance said:

Well if I were to talk to Lindey Pelas over dinner or over a series of dinner dates, I probably wouldn't think about her fantastic breasts or gorgeous face at all.

F**k knows.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

I would blame the destruction of society on the type of people who talk and behave like the characters in Sex and the City, like the people in the female-majority Facebook group I'm part of, or the type of bar people in the video I shared, etc.

My view is that women choose who they get together with, and that's not a right given by men or something (how weird would that be)...but I do think that women in general often make pretty poor relationship or sexual decisions. I'm sure we could get confirmation on that from the multitude of single mothers out there. Regarding single motherhood: there's the statistic which tells how the majority of incarcerated males were raised without a father...an example of one aspect of this being destructive to society...

I could go on and talk about a lot of different personal examples from women I've known, and make a bunch of points, but I'm busy doing other things. A sample: regretting being gangbanged, the fact that the CDC said 1 in 3 teenage females have an STD, ending up single past the age of being able to have children despite claiming to want a man and children, etc...

I think that both men and women make poor destructive sexual relationship decisions in the modernized western world which we live in now .. a modernized western world which is unfortunately still run by powerful men who behave like lustful animals because they have all the wealth and power in the world.

Just look at the number of politicians and businessmen all over the world and how many percentages of politicians and businessmen are male vs female?

The inner nature of a male a man is to be a warrior to fight for and to conquer everything which he sees.

The inner nature of a female a woman is to be a lover a mother to love to nurture to surrender.

When a female decides to act like a male who wants to conquer all the rich, good-looking, tall, powerful men in the world with huge dicks, that is when the female fall.

There are plenty of such females around who lust after wealth, tall muscular male bodies, handsome faces, big dicks etc.

They are no different from men who lust after wealth, sexy feminine nubile bodies with big breasts, beautiful faces etc.

But such females and such men who only lust after the exterior.. do they covet the interior enlightened nature of the objects of their lust as well?

If females and men only lust after the material exterior aspects of their potential mates without wishing to connect to the love without wishing to connect to the divine nature of their potential mates, then such females and men will only fall into the pits of suffering.

This is why the world should be run by enlightened females and enlightened males who have embraced the true surrender of their own feminine sides of the purest Divine Love. 

This world should not have been controlled by lustful greedy males full of hatred and material desires much less lustful greedy females full of spite and material desires.

Edited by 2ndchance
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

This is why the world should be run by enlightened females and enlightened males who have embraced the true surrender of their own feminine sides of the purest Divine Love. 

Unfortunately, it is so much easier for women to embrace and surrender to their own feminine Divinity Love rather than men whose inner nature of war and anger give us bigger obstacles to embrace and surrender to our own feminine Divinity Love.

• Like 1

Just on a serious note - and I didn't watch more than a couple of minutes of the original video so he may have mentioned this - that selection through sexual preference is a key mechanism in evolutionary development.  While in most species it is the male who has to strut around in ridiculously bright plumage to attract the female - in humans it is the female who is supposed to display.  Regardless something important is happening between men and women which determines the characteristics of offspring and future generations.  Since humans are the most complex and successful species on the planet (which includes the building of civilisations and cultures) then women must have contributed at least as much as men.

PS.  I am not suggesting this is the only role for female persons but just thinking out loud about how important it is to have both men and women together to provide the basis on which we can operate as individuals.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

Unfortunately, it is so much easier for women to embrace and surrender to their own feminine Divinity Love rather than men whose inner nature of war and anger give us bigger obstacles to embrace and surrender to our own feminine Divinity Love.

I'm a man (of sorts) and my inner nature is not war and anger.

I think you may have developed a rather idealised and abstract view of women characterised partly by this expression 'feminine Divinity Love' and the supposed ease with which women generally embrace it.  I would suggest that if you look with interest at women in the world you will see that they are living breathing real individuals with the full range of both positive and negative qualities, contradictions, brilliances, flaws and perfections - and hardly ever, if at all, exist in a state of surrender to the divine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1