Patrick Brown

The misogynous posturing thread? - Or are some people just too touchy?

I'm aware this will probably get moved or even deleted as it is controversial! I figure I'll test the water and see if an ability exists for people to construct valid arguments on this forum?

As the narrator/creator of the clip advises it's recommended that the whole video is watched so as to negate knee-jerk reactions. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the conclusions of the video but it is interesting and relevant to modern society. All I will say is that the habit of the general population of this planet is to breed 'vanity and greed' regardless of gender. If we look at the very wealthy we see the distillation of a very extreme 'vanity and greed' yet we all have it to a degree. It's very rare in this modern world for anybody to have no possessions and no sense of appearance.    

I've taken myself out of the equation as I'm single and I'm choosing to remaining single although I have been married but don't have children. I've been on my own for twenty years now and get happier as each year ticks by. Yes I have a degree of vanity and greed but I'm working on that!

Edited by Patrick Brown
  • Thanks 2

Seen this one.

I think there is a lot of truth in the biological game playing differences between men and women.
It's also true that in the Bible many violent events were triggered by women pushing their powerful relatives into it "Bring Me The Head of John The Baptist" ... demanded Salome who danced erotically before Herod Antipas (step-father).   And Pilate's wife was responsible for Pilate freeing Jesus, in the initial encounter as she was having bad dreams about him.   It' would be interesting to research how many wars were started by women in this way.

But in any case there are greater truths, and they take precedence.

One is that where Yin and Yang separate, death follows.

The second is that men in the West are no longer "Men", and the women do not have anyone to polarize with, because you can't feel like a woman being with a boy.

Why do Men not grow up ?   It is due to urbanisation / agriculture / technology that has removed all challenges that are required to grow into a real Man, and of course the same goes for Women.
Without honing yourself you degenerate into a baby.

It's a society of children, living in a cage.

Why did humans go this way, society wise ?   

Why did they not protect these things ?
It is because humans are only semi-conscious, and in this half-mad-state they are doomed to repeat the rise and fall of civilizations, each time being fully unable to prevent collapse as they don't really understand the problem.  It is savage.

And which is why few get out alive.

The ones that make it are the ones for whom these things dawn, and they let go of the crumbling dust of this unhappy world, and cling to the Light as if they are not coming back.

In the end you are under no laws but God's and if you wish, anything is possible, for you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rideforever said:

The ones that make it are the ones for whom these things dawn, and they let go of the crumbling dust of this unhappy world, and cling to the Light as if they are not coming back.

In the end you are under no laws but God's and if you wish, anything is possible, for you.

You may well be right. 

Oh and I have to say that over at the Catholic Church people seem really rather normal as they were 30 years ago, with not much by way of change.  Married families with their relatives and grandparents fill the pews and aisles, and it's as if the internet was never invented.  They know the words, the prayers, the songs, they know when to sit stand kneel.  I was quite shocked to find that out, as I stood at the back one Sunday squeezing in between the large group of people standing, with the oldies and the kids running round our legs.

They seem to come more from the lower half of society, the Catholics.   

In the new age, eastern, and Anglican, they are all fancy people with fancy brains, fancy miseries, and fancy brain damage.

So maybe all these fractious problems that appear on the internet with so much energy behind them are isolated to a certain group of people who have the misfortune of opening their minds to them.

And I don't much care, I know the way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Oh and I have to say that over at the Catholic Church people seem really rather normal as they were 30 years ago, with not much by way of change.  Married families with their relatives and grandparents fill the pews and aisles, and it's as if the internet was never invented.  They know the words, the prayers, the songs, they know when to sit stand kneel.  I was quite shocked to find that out, as I stood at the back one Sunday squeezing in between the large group of people standing, with the oldies and the kids running round our legs.

They seem to come more from the lower half of society, the Catholics.   

In the new age, eastern, and Anglican, they are all fancy people with fancy brains, fancy miseries, and fancy brain damage.

So maybe all these fractious problems that appear on the internet with so much energy behind them are isolated to a certain group of people who have the misfortune of opening their minds to them.

And I don't much care, I know the way.

Interesting as there does seem to be a degree of protection give by certain churches although burying ones head in the sand can often be dangerous. I just think it's all going way too fast so that nobody can keep up let alone keep their sanity! Simple things are good, less is often more. 

• Like 1

In general men are more violent then woman. For every Salome, biblically and historically, there's a couple dozen guys committing atrocities.  I'm not always proud of my species, but its got its good points.  Misogyny is not one of them. 

People you live with get on your nerves, be it wives, roommates, kids, parents, strangers etc.  For some reason its easier to blame woman, then other groups, like your own.  Then there's the whole hormonal thing.  If you're not getting any, its easier to blame the opposite sex and society then to take a close look at yourself.  Course the mating ritual is complex or getting there is.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just paused the video (yes, I'm actually watching it), and I have a question. 

Why are the warbrides being addressed as disloyal to their tribe, while the men who married them are not? 

• Thanks 3

I watched this video here in December of '16, someone called it food for thought, and I still think it is shit. I had this to say at the time and do not recon I will ever see it any differently...

could say a lot about that video and most of it would be far beyond the scope of what is appropriate for this forum, however, I will say this...

That video is pure oppressive, misogynistic, dehumanizing, vile, retrogressive propaganda!! To place the down fall of western civilization on the backs of women when men have predominately been in power, worldwide, for centuries is just asinine! If there is no inherent sense of protecting the 'tribe' in women, answer this... who was/is taking care of the home front and keeping the economy alive while still nurturing their families when men have been called out to fight senseless wars?

The days of steamrolling women because they have opinions, careers and personal goals are over in most of modern civilization. It is time that certain men get used to it and get onboard. Working together is far more productive to society as a whole than creating division by labeling certain groups or women in general as demolitionists who should be subservient to the chest pounding males who think a woman's place is barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

To call this food for thought is the only thing that is confusing...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

I watched this video here in December of '16, someone called it food for thought, and I still think it is shit. I had this to say at the time and do not recon I will ever see it any differently...

I've taken a break from the watching - it was making me queezy. 

Thanks for moving it btw.

• Like 1

So I have heard it also and my reaction was who posted such trash?

Pretty surprised it was Patrickbrown. Tossing a firecracker 🧨 aren’t ya!🤯

Women are the bedrock of society, without Women there would never have been any civilization at all. 

Men for the the most part would have continued to wonder about killing things to eat, find a mate now and then and pretty much just argue and fight like they tend to in forums.

Sometimes I think men would be happier that way. Too late now, now you gotta be civilized and the ones who can not be domesticated are filling the prisons in countless numbers.

Women by their gravity are like stars they hold solar systems together. 

Families Start with the Mother all else develops  from that. Often Women are the brains of the operation. Behind every successful man.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I've taken a break from the watching - it was making me queezy. 

Thanks for moving it btw.

Good - you can get back to destroying civilisation :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

I'm aware this will probably get moved or even deleted as it is controversial! I figure I'll test the water and see if an ability exists for people to construct valid arguments on this forum?

Yeah.. because if someone doesn't want to watch it, or are in anyway offended by it, then they simply don't possess the ability to construct valid arguments.

Subtle and sneaky...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Apech said:

Good - you can get back to destroying civilisation :)

Yay me! I'm gonna start with some evening grocery shopping to avoid the crowds. 

Does that count as destructive enough?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Yay me! I'm gonna start with some evening grocery shopping to avoid the crowds. 

Does that count as destructive enough?

It's a start.

• Haha 1

All this focus on women seems misplaced to me.  As a gay man, I`d like to point out that we also deserve credit for the destruction of civilization.  Just sayin`

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, liminal_luke said:

All this focus on women seems misplaced to me.  As a gay man, I`d like to point out that we also deserve credit for the destruction of civilization.  Just sayin`

Before or after shopping?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, thelerner said:

If you're not getting any, its easier to blame the opposite sex and society then to take a close look at yourself.

This

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Apech said:

Before or after shopping?

At the pub...(somewhat racy content)

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Haha 2

I don't know about the video, watched one minute of it and am moving on to other things...

But watch an episode of Sex and the City, and ask yourself how such banality is beneficial to anyone, much less society as a whole. Maybe that was the point of the original post?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

But watch an episode of Sex and the City, and ask yourself how such banality is beneficial to anyone, much less society as a whole. Maybe that was the point of the original post?

Absolutely.  I`ve watched every episode of Sex and the City, some multiple times, and thus consider myself a veritible expert on the fairer sex. To get a comparable understanding of men, I recommend Archie Bunker.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Once women degenerate to the level of men, then the whole civilizations will really start to fall.

Unfortunately, it has always been the men who start wars,

more male criminals in prison then women.. 

more male dropouts of the educational systems than females..

Unfortunately, men tend to be more fighters than lovers..

Unfortunately, women tend to be more lovers than fighters..

When women decide they want to be more fighters than lovers, that's when our civilizations will start to degenerate as a race of fighters fighting each other to rise to the top ..

It is rare for a man to want to be a lover rather than a fighter, a healer rather than a warrior ..

Unfortunately, women born and bred in the west tend to be more aggressive fighters than their eastern counterparts.. 

This is what i have observed so far..

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Absolutely.  I`ve watched every episode of Sex and the City, some multiple times, and thus consider myself a veritible expert on the fairer sex. To get a comparable understanding of men, I recommend Archie Bunker.  

I'm not sure what exactly you're saying, and have no idea what Archie Bunker is...but if the point is that a TV show can't represent a gender in general, I have to disagree in this case. The crappy ideas, lifestyle, and dialogue in Sex and the City does match up with a large (greater than 50%) portion of women in real life (in other words, from my real life experience of listening to them). And I'm sorry you watched more than one episode of that show.

Let's not make anything about gender wars. I'm not about that...I think we know that I treat men and women equally here. Let's talk about what's real, rather than deny the truth.

For instance, if you go out to the bars and talk to women (or really just the types of people who go to those places), this is who is out there:

These types of people are a destructive force in our society, or at least this could be said: they don't benefit anyone.

If any women here are offended by this, they should ask themselves if this is truly how they talk and what they think about. If they spend their days thinking of more important things, then what I'm referring to has nothing to do with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1