Let's talk some more about possible locations for Plato's Atlantis...

So far, we have looked at the area of the Antilles (including the Bahama archipelago) as possibly the best candidate. In regards to this, I just came across a really weird story reported by Reuters New Agency on May 14 2001. A company called Advanced Digital Communications (ADC), run by Polish-Canadian ocean engineer Pauline Zelitsky and her husband businessman Paul Weinzweg, was given a job by the Cuban government to search for ship wrecks possibly containing treasures.This was a joint venture with the National Geographic Society and the Centre for Marine Archaeology and Anthropology at the Cuban Academy of Sciences.

ADC has been characterised as "a heavyweight" when it comes to maritime survey and salvage operations; just testing their equipment in Havana Bay, they made it into the news locating the long-missing wreck of the USS Maine that had sunk in 1898 after a mysterious explosion on board.

But what they found off Cuba's western shore buffled even these veterans. For their high-resolution sonar images showed them nothing less than a veritable city, complete with roads and buildings - most notably pyramids! - submerged at an incredible depth of 700 metres. Incredible because sea levels rose no more than 120 metres since the last glacial maximum some 20.000 years ago. Which obviously implies that - for those apparently man-built structures to end up so deeply submerged - the sea floor must have substantially lowered itself. Which brings us back to abovementioned theory advocated by P. P. Flambas in his book, stating that a huge isotonic effect (yet unrecognised by academic science) led to the submergence of a considerable landmass in the Carribean at the end of the last ice age.

According to what the couple running ADC said in an interview, later it was possible to videotape some of the very large stones, smoothely cut and fit on one another, and carrying mysterious symbols resembling e.g. Mesoamerican hieroglyphs.

What this reconstructed sonar image presents is in fact reminiscent of the pyramid city Teotihuacan in Yucatan.

Reconstructed-Image.jpg.ec316cd01d30e7030472dd80c094724c.jpg

Read more:

http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/tag/paul-weinzweig/

https://www.timeenoughforlove.org/saved/EARTHFILESUpdateUnderwaterMegalithicStructuresWesternCuba.htm

• Like 1

A fast subsidence  of the sea floor (unbeknownst to official geology) has been suggested not only for the Carribean but also (at least by one Atlantis theorist) for the area of the Azores. There seems to be scant evidence for the latter, however.

Yet Plato wrote about one extreme portion of Atlantis being in front of the Strait of Gibraltar, which would be fair enough a statement in regards to the Azores only. But he also mentioned that the Atlanteans were ruling over  numerous islands, spread all over their ocean.

So  I figure he may have referred to the Azores as an Atlantean outpost, whereas the mainland could indeed have been located further West and in front of the American continent.

That said, I am not done yet with the part of Zhirov's book that defends the Azores-as-Atlantis theory. Thus, I may have more to say about this topic later.

My first thoughts on this where ; "Not this again !  This is an OLD one ! " But still, I followed along and read the links you posted, and as usual, I have already done my 'other research' ,  on this ... and was loathe to bring it up, but in this case, I didnt have to as , and it is interesting that they did, the Atlantipedia cite  itself , below the article in its reference section links to  ;  "   a more critical review of the ...claims "   at

https://badarchaeology.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/an-underwater-city-west-of-cuba/

where it notes the following;

" ...  They were astonished to find in the survey off the Guanahacabibes Peninsula that some of the sonar images appeared to depict symmetrical features aligned to a grid. This prompted them to undertake a second survey, using a submersible robot. It was this second survey that returned data that seemed to show pyramids and other structures. Indeed, according to Paulina Zelitsky, the images suggested that the “city” was built from blocks of cut and polished granite.

(and regarding the depth , although you have presented a postulated, yet unaccepted , explanation - we again encounter the issue of 'selection' , ie, using Plato's details when it suits the situation at hand, and leaving out his details as significant, when they dont - and visa versa  ; )

" At no point during the Ice Age would they have been above sea level unless, of course, the land on which they stand has sunk. This is the claim made for Atlantis: according to Plato’s account (the only primary source for it), it was destroyed σεισμῶν ἐξαισίων καὶ κατακλυσμῶν (“by violent earthquakes and floods”). However, if we take Plato at his word – as we must if we assume Atlantis to have been an historical place – the violence of its sinking makes it improbable that an entire city could have survived plunging more than 600 m into an abyss.

" Remember that this was μιᾶς ἡμέρας καὶ νυκτὸς χαλεπῆς (“in one fearful day and night”); also recall that διὸ καὶ νῦν ἄπορον καὶ ἀδιερεύνητον γέγονεν τοὐκεῖ πέλαγος͵ πηλοῦ κάρτα βραχέος ἐμποδὼν ὄντος͵ ὃν ἡ νῆσος ἱζομένη παρέσχετο (“and this is why the sea in that are is to this day impassable to navigation, which is hindered by mud just below the surface, the remains of the sunken island”). Rapid sinking would devastate structures; the persistence of mud just below the surface suggests that the sinking was not to a depth of 600-740 m. Unless we are prepared to jettison Plato’s text – the sole source for the story of Atlantis – we cannot

identify the features found by Paulina Zelitsky with Atlantis.

" The next problem involves trying to understand what the sonar shows. All the fancy graphics showing pyramid-like structures are computer generated: they are not photographs of things seen under the sea. All the detail is limited to the resolution of the side-scan sonar, which is not good enough to determine whether the supposed structures exhibit 90° angles, let alone confirm the claims that some stones are covered in hieroglyphs. The initial images, which do not have the three-dimensional data provided by the side-scanning sonar, show rectilinear but not rigorously right-angled features, so I suspect that the angularity of the generated images is an artefact of the processing, much like many of the details claimed for the ‘Face on Mars’. We have some interesting sonar images that are basically like ink-blot tests: they need interpreting and the interpretation is entirely dependent upon the preconceptions an biases of those looking at them. Paulina Zeltisky was predisposed to see artificiality, because that is what she was being paid to do (even if the artificiality she was specifically interested in involved sunken ships). Others have seen geological formations.

- the Wiki article on 'Guanahacabibes Peninsula ancient city ' says much the same .

even Ancient origins site cites this ;

" In the media storm that followed the announcement of the discovery, news sites were quick to draw parallels with the fabled lost city of Atlantis. However, Zelitsky and Weinzweig were unwilling to make such comparisons.  The story is myth, said Zelitsky. "What we have found is more likely remnants of a local culture," once located on a 100-mile "land bridge" that joined Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula with Cuba.  Iturralde added that there are local legends of the Maya and native Yucatecos that tell of an island inhabited by their ancestors that vanished beneath the waves. Nevertheless, Iturralde does not discount the possibility that the rock formations are merely the result of the wonders of Mother Nature. “Nature is able to create some really unimaginable structures,” he said.

and

"  The quick dismissal of the story has led some to question whether there has been a suppression of information regarding the finding. However, Fitzpatrick-Matthews claims the story simply went cold and that in the end experts were not convinced that Zelitsky had really discovered a sunken city. "

... and we haven't really heard about it since .

Till now     ;) 

https://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-americas/what-happened-sunken-city-cuba-001883

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

https://imgur.com/aUQwQpDhttps://imgur.com/aUQwQpDhttps://imgur.com/aUQwQpDI'm posting on here because though my research originally didn't begin with Atlantis it seems that the findings ended up pointing there potentially.

I've mirrored the painting both ways and there seems to be messages hidden in both ways of mirroring.

- In the first painting you will discover an elixir looking bottle being created in the middle. I'm still figuring out what to make of it. My theories are that it is the holy grail many speak about or the cup of Solomon. Most likely being a metaphor for something much deeper and real.

- Notice that the bottle is open in this painting

- Above the elixir bottle after the water/ocean/river you will see a small figure with mountains in the background. i believe that small figure is actually the Sphinx of Giza. Also looks like a cobra head or maybe a sphinx elsewhere. What's interesting is that part of it and other mountains are under water.

- I believe you can see the face of Anubis down the middle as well. (i will post another mirrored painting later to show it)

aUQwQpD.jpg

In this one you can obviously see the different features. The part i'd like to point out though is that the bottle is closed and the bridge.

SBJEJZq.jpg

Interestingly enough, a very similar looking elixir bottle is on the table of The Last Supper painting, but is invisible (I will post later).

Some say that the pattern shown on the last supper table on the right side is a pattern only found in the town of Lefkara in Cyprus. Which Leonardo may have stumbled upon while traveling. This leads me to believe that the last supper is portrayed in Cyprus, while the background you see through the windows may be the ocean or upper Egypt.

If what is shown is actually the Sphinx it would be mindblowing that 500 years ago that this man knew that the pyramids and sphinx were indeed underwater. Things were only find out recently.

Hi Welkie . 

Did you consider it might be a  reflection of the city in the water  ?

37378d26e354dd2404e4e70aea2cd330.jpg

But perhaps not .   Maybe this tree has another tree growing next to it underwater upside down .   And on this strange world, they have two Suns !   And one is    under water !

Regarding the other secret symbols the painter put in 100s of years ago , this might help with the interpretation :

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks for the Atlantitis .     :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Hi Welkie . 

Did you consider it might be a  reflection of the city in the water  ?

Hi Nungs,

I actually didn't. That's actually an interesting and very logical suggestion. Is there anything specific that you found that could elude to it being a mirror?

Do you think that Leonardo was indeed eluding to Atlantis? As i stated in my post, i didn't intend on finding anything in regards Atlantis, but upon my latest hypothetical findings, it's a possibility. After doing more research on Da Vinci + Atlantis, there does seem to be some connection between the two. Including a ficticious story input in the Disney move Atlantis the Lost Empire.

Also, i meant to post it in part 1. Apologies for that. Michael Sternbach,, let me know if you prefer to move it over

Edited by welkin

Here are a couple more mirroring i put together. Making Anubis more clear, as well as the formation of a triangle or pyramid with the crosses. Interestingly enough you see an eye formation at the top. as well as a dividing line at the top of the triangle similar to the pyramid of Khafre.

The adding of the painting of john the baptist on top and forming these coincidental images may very well be a coincidence but still interesting. Most likely not, but if the hypothesis are true I wonder if he may have been trying to convey that the sphinx was much older than the pyramids themselves. I also wonder if he was conveying that sphinx or pyramids were actually carved out of a mountain.

7r8Dryu.jpg

piqjf1Z.jpg

If you're wondering about the invisible bottle at the last supper similar to the one in the mona lisa here it is hidden in plain site:
Njx0FU8.png

19 hours ago, welkin said:

Hi Nungs,

I actually didn't. That's actually an interesting and very logical suggestion. Is there anything specific that you found that could elude to it being a mirror?

Not a mirror .  Water . 

Do you think that Leonardo was indeed eluding to Atlantis?

No .  

Was Leonardo familiar with Plato ?

As i stated in my post, i didn't intend on finding anything in regards Atlantis, but upon my latest hypothetical findings, it's a possibility. After doing more research on Da Vinci + Atlantis, there does seem to be some connection between the two.

No doubt .   You know what the internet is like .  Look up any  thing + any other thing and you will get  'some connections' .

Including a ficticious story input in the Disney move Atlantis the Lost Empire.

Sometimes I think I dont spend enough time researching  Disney as a source of information  .

• Haha 1

Here are a couple more mirroring i put together. Making Anubis more clear, as well as the formation of a triangle or pyramid with the crosses. Interestingly enough you see an eye formation at the top. as well as a dividing line at the top of the triangle similar to the pyramid of Khafre.

The adding of the painting of john the baptist on top and forming these coincidental images may very well be a coincidence but still interesting. Most likely not, but if the hypothesis are true I wonder if he may have been trying to convey that the sphinx was much older than the pyramids themselves. I also wonder if he was conveying that sphinx or pyramids were actually carved out of a mountain.

7r8Dryu.jpg

piqjf1Z.jpg

If you're wondering about the invisible bottle at the last supper similar to the one in the mona lisa here it is hidden in plain site:
Njx0FU8.png

Errrmmmm .... but I can see it .

Maybe it's  a glass bottle and not 'invisible'  at all  ?     

..... I know , you could photoshop that image too to get a result  .

If you joined the picture either side of the bottle and then removed the middle section ... presto  invisible bottle .

Here is my image of an invisible bottle .

pink-and-purple-bouquet-picture-id175450

5 hours ago, Apech said:

is it a submerged bump?

One wonders  why empty bumps are bumping ....especially so recently after the first  ........  'crash '   ?      :) 

Speaking of submerged [   I have been watching a doco series for a couple of weeks , on  submerged  ancient Egyptian places .  

Some with intact Stella ! 

5906.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

Looks a bit 'Atlantisey' ;

NGMaLTbCb3WNBntpch3yCU.jpg

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL2I1

https://www.livescience.com/66045-underwater-ancient-egypt-city-temple.html

Even sent a little robo-sub into a  drowned pyramid in the Faiyum . And some underwater footage of  the ancient  port near Wadi al-Jarf ( the oldest port yet found  - 4.500ya.)

-  Also had some amazing stuff on their 'hydrology' . 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Errrmmmm .... but I can see it .

Maybe it's  a glass bottle and not 'invisible'  at all  ?     

Did you ever notice it before i showed you? Did you see anyone else demonstrate it? The term invisible isn't to describe something that's not there.. It's that it's invisible to your eye..

Sometimes i wonder about your level of perception. And I'm not speaking about your external one, though that one is even more obvious. Make of it what you will.

In response to your mirror comment. i was simply replying to your idea of reflection. i should've said reflection.. 

Don't trash this or the other thread please, especially if you have nothing worthwhile to say.

Edited by welkin
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, welkin said:

Did you ever notice it before i showed you? Did you see anyone else demonstrate it? The term invisible isn't to describe something that's not there.. It's that it's invisible to your eye..

Sometimes i wonder about your level of perception. And I'm not speaking about your external one, though that one is even more obvious. Make of it what you will.

In response to your mirror comment. i was simply replying to your idea of reflection. i should've said reflection.. 

Don't trash this or the other thread please, especially if you have nothing worthwhile to say.

OH, I am sorry .

I thought some comments where  worthwhile , especially since you seem to agreed with nd even adopted some of my explanations .

So as not to offend anyone with my worthwhileness , I shall retire and leave this thread to your very worthwhile  displays of cut and paste Mona Lisas  :) 

• Thanks 1

Hi Lois .  I clicked on that link ....

image.png.be1a656f11c8d871793d21b16ee9aa8f.png

Whoa !   I am not even gonna ask where this 'magic genie ' goes  !

:huh:

• Haha 1

In this podcast, Randall Carlson talks at length about the reasons why the Azores should not be disregarded as a possible location of Atlantis.

It's true that, according to contemporary academic consensus, the Azores don't seem to have formed a coherent land mass of appropriate size within the timeframe in question. However, research conducted in the late 40's/early 50's repeatedly showed evidence for just that, including beach sand and the remains of surface zones organisms in core samples taken from the sea floor.

Submergence of this large Atlantic isle could be explained as being due to both glacial isostatic adjustment and rise of sea level subsequent to the melting of zillion tons of ice at the end of the Ice Age.

This screenshot from Randall's presentation indicates what the area may have looked like some 20.000 years ago.

Screenshot-20211202-192443-You-Tube.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Apech said:

Atlanteans get that sinking feeling.

Hey ... what  ???? !   :blink:

I was talking to some other guy ... and poof !   He vanished .

That post of mine , I was responding to that Draco guy  and now  .......

He is as invisible as Atlantis  .... he gone  .... without a sound  ..... beneath the waves .

Wa-aaay down

below the ocean 

thats where

he's gonna be .

- he may be .

Do you know what happened to him  and his posts  ?    .........    Apech  ?   ...........

Apech ?   ..............

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

He is as invisible as Atlantis  .... he gone  .... without a sound  ..... beneath the waves .

Wa-aaay down

below the ocean 

thats where

he's gonna be .

- he may be .

Do you know what happened to him  and his posts  ?    .........    Apech  ?   ...........

Apech ?   ..............

He's evil.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Nungali said:

Wa-aaay down

below the ocean 

thats where

he's gonna be .

- he may be .

Apech ?   ..............

Draco couldn't stop spamming even after being asked not to do so. Some never learn! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1