2ndchance

Practices to Cultivate Positive Emotions Positive States of Minds

Hello all, I have been told to seek advice about practices which are used to cultivate positive emotions and positive states of minds.

Love, Joy, Happiness, Free of Afflictions, Free of Enmity, Free of Suffering, Peace, Harmony, Health, Prosperity, Confidence, Contentment, Gratitude, Humility, etc.

Books worth reading about, articles worth sharing with, practices worth doing, etc.

I would love your inputs and I will share my own practices very soon.

What are you drawn to?

if you focus on some thing positive your mind will change yes. 

For me its thinking of a Deity (God or Goddess) or their associated mantra. For a while I listened to a lot of Krishna Das Kirtan and I felt it helped.

At times, I've found that accepting negative emotions is a healthy lifestyle, My brother has said,

"One has to take the good with the bad."

It is best to leave them as emotions if the are negative in your mind:

“Your beliefs become your thoughts, 
Your thoughts become your words, 
Your words become your actions, 
Your actions become your habits, 
Your habits become your values, 
Your values become your destiny.”

Gandhi

source:

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/50584-your-beliefs-become-your-thoughts-your-thoughts-become-your-words

A belief is just a thought that you keep thinking, so it groes expands and becomes easier to continue to think.

If the believe feels bad, it will continue to feel worse. If it feels good, it will continue to feel better. Whenever you activate those thought patterns which are like unto it.

So cultivating positive emotion, simply think about what you want, all of the time, you'll feel positive all of the time, which is also your indication that your energy motional being is in perfect aligned with your souls greater knowing of infinite intelligence and clarity and knowing clearly your highest purpose here in this life.

So, What you prefer. What you enjoy. And love. What makes you feel good. And you got your emotions to tell the difference. So if you feel bad, well, there is your cue, you are thinking about something you don't want, and are in the process of joining it. So what is it that you do want? You simply allow whatever the focused upon thing that feels bad, to serve you. Allowing your heart to guide you. So you don't want it, what is it that you DO want? Or prefer.

It's a very simple and easy thing to do, to shift your focus, for the purpose of evermore fulfillment and realisation of your highest purpose here in this life, and your highest joy, and value and being. The difficulty is often in continueing to focus on what you don't want. And attempting to tolerate negative and painful emotion, which is an unnatural thing to do. So allow yourself to feel good, and allow your life to thus then become also good, because you do deserve it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Everything said:

The difficulty is often in continueing to focus on what you don't want. And attempting to tolerate negative and painful emotion, which is an unnatural thing to do. So allow yourself to feel good, and allow your life to thus then become also good, because you do deserve it.

The neural pathways in our craniums can habitually be triggered. If you have a pathway as a recurring thought pattern, in my opinion, you cannot ignore it. It is there with cause.

3 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

The neural pathways in our craniums can habitually be triggered. If you have a pathway as a recurring thought pattern, in my opinion, you cannot ignore it. It is there with cause.

You cannot ignore it, because you care primarily about how you feel, as that emotion is your primary indication of wether or not your energy motional state of being is in alignment with your souls greater knowing in the moment of your focusing, or not.

So both negative and positive emotions are of tremendous value. For how can you know what you want, unless you know what it is you don't want? Your mind exists only for the purpose of focusing amidst the variety of contrasting things, to come to preference, and enjoy unyielding purpose, value, meaning and joy and love and freedom and knowledge evermore, as you allow your unique individual life's purpose to be fulfilled. By allowing yourself to live a life of joy. By allowing your self to feel better. By allowing yourself to focus more often on what it is you do want in life, which will always feel better, and better evermore.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Just now, whitesilk said:

@Everything

Pay Positive Attention.

Yeah that's also a good way to put it.

But ofcourse, it depends on who you say it to.

Maybe someone is really used to focusing negatively. Then paying positive attention will not give them the benefit of shifting their habbit of thought patterns that they've already established. So sometimes, you might better say, just focus on what you want. Cause even in positive attention exists this contrast of something wanted and unwanted, as in all things that exist.

So rather going conditional, go unconditional, and primarily care about how you feel, emotionally, as that is your true indication, of your alignment with your soul in the moment or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Everything said:

Cause even in positive attention exists this contrast of something wanted and unwanted, as in all things that exist.

This reminds me of this thread:

"Without intent you have nothing" Best in my mind to release intent from your person. Keep nothing. Loosen attachment and Live.

19 minutes ago, Everything said:

By allowing yourself to focus more often on what it is you do want in life, which will always feel better, and better evermore.

precisely.

I just realized that I may be conveying a contradiction in the last two posts. Having no intent and focusing on positive intent by agreeing with Everything.

I would like to rant for a bit about how subtly difficult this perception that I've realized in my own mind is extremely difficult to explain to others. For so long I would tell others in conversation that I want them to think not NOT what they would like to do, yet just focus on what needs doing. For the spirit leaves those that belabor it. I seemed to be always misunderstood as crazy, and now that another has written to me my own original idea, I am overjoyed.

Yet back to my original idea that I've conveyed a contradiction. Opposing terms are best solved with a third or fourth alternative, let us call it plan C. Let me propose an imaginary conflict, and please post your resolutions. So if you were an actor in a film and the director doesn't like the direction that the film is heading, yet you did, would you as an actor be able to control your own person enough to guide the film away from the direction of the director? The director's plan is plan A. The actor's plan is plan B. Explain?

Edited by whitesilk