On 10/15/2019 at 7:35 PM, ralis said:

Oceans are a CO2 sink in which the oceans are moving into a slight acidic pH range. Crustaceans form shells from calcium carbonate and any variation of pH will prevent shell formation. 

There is more than that but i quit trying to explain things to other idiots who think they know everything. (i don't mean you but i imagine you understand that already)

I am sure some here are familiar with the  potential methane crisis ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/methane-paris-climate-change-crisis-atmosphere-noaa-a8928711.html

and things like this ;

Now look at this . The last big melt  (at the end of the last ice age )  ,   old craters on the sea floor from methane explosions ;

F1.large.jpg?width=800&height=600&carous

Massive blow-out craters formed by hydrate-controlled methane expulsion from the Arctic seafloor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I am sure some here are familiar with the  potential methane crisis ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/methane-paris-climate-change-crisis-atmosphere-noaa-a8928711.html

and things like this ;

Now look at this . The last big melt  (at the end of the last ice age )  ,   old craters on the sea floor from methane explosions ;

F1.large.jpg?width=800&height=600&carous

Massive blow-out craters formed by hydrate-controlled methane expulsion from the Arctic seafloor

Ramifications of this are really scary! 

• Like 1

regarding the permafrost meltdown    creepy scary ;

siberiagraveyard.jpg?itok=mBkxXKe1

Above ground burials in permafrost area , the bodies  used to stay frozen , now they are thawing out and potentially ....

VDC_XEH_007_permafrost_melt_ThumbClean.j

Long-dormant microbes — some trapped in the ice for tens of thousands of years — are beginning to wake up, releasing equally ancient C02, and could potentially come to infect humans with deadly diseases.

https://www.vox.com/2017/9/6/16062174/permafrost-melting

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Nungali said:

regarding the permafrost meltdown    creepy scary ;

siberiagraveyard.jpg?itok=mBkxXKe1

Above ground burials in permafrost area , the bodies  used to stay frozen , now they are thawing out and potentially ....

VDC_XEH_007_permafrost_melt_ThumbClean.j

Long-dormant microbes — some trapped in the ice for tens of thousands of years — are beginning to wake up, releasing equally ancient C02, and could potentially come to infect humans with deadly diseases.

https://www.vox.com/2017/9/6/16062174/permafrost-melting

In addition to the above, food crop failures will prove disastrous in causing mass migration and starvation. Food crop failure due to drought is the main cause of migration in Syria which is one of the reasons Assad was killing his own people!

Food crops have a narrow range of adaptation and any change in light and temperature, will affect the growing season.

Dane Wigington is an anti-geoengineering (man made chemical cloud/weather) activist who lives with his wife and family in Shasta county, CA. He does weekly climate change radio broadcasts on Saturdays: 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AngelsView said:

States filing anti-geoengineering legislation. 

I know you are new to this site, but positing government conspiracies as fact does not lend to this conversation. I briefly read the Geoengineering site and was not impressed. Mr. Wigington is not a climatologist or has any degrees in science as far as I can tell.

I recommend reading the rules as set down by the owner a few months ago.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AngelsView said:

I didn't know this was not allowed. My apology.

If you care to discuss the science of anthropogenic global warming that is fine. This thread in particular contains a lot of factual information.

• Like 1

As I started this thread I think I'll add some facts.

The Coca cola company has one of the worst recycling records of any company. Worldwide they own 500 odd drinks companies. They produce 4000 plastic bottles every second and are running down their glass bottles to nearly nothing.

150 billion tyres are needed to be disposed of every year. In places like Cambodia and Thailand 73 million acres of Rainforest are destroyed every year for rubber tree planting. Workers who collect and process the latex mostly live in terrible conditions all to furnish the world with new tyres. Buy retreads is at least some of the answer.

Do you know that a large percentage of the charcoal used in Europe comes from tropical rainforests? Ten tones of wood have to be felled and slow burnt to produce one ton of charcoal. Deforestation in places like Nigeria is at a rate of 7.3  million hectares every year just to feed the markets of Europe. Many of these people who are workers chopping down trees and burning live in dire poverty. This is one major contribution to climate change. Why not learn to make your own charcoal or buy some from proper sustained forests.

:(More facts later perhaps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One day, when its probably too late ,  'throw away' / 'disposable' items will not be allowed to be made out of plastic .

IMO plastic is a perfect example of modern insanity. A substance is developed that doesnt rust, shatter, tarnish,  decompose, etc .  And what  do we start using it for ?

Disposable 'throw away' items .  yeah, I know its supposed to be recyclable, but most of it isnt .

Then , there is this ;

Under plastic veggi production ;

article-2303943-19149AE7000005DC-372_964

greenhouses-almeria-2%25255B5%25255D.jpg

All of this plastic needs replacing  every so often . Guess what happens to the old stuff ?

It gets dumped on the nearest open land, usually in gullies. I have seen film of it, it looks like geological layers within the eroded gullies and creek beds, which of course eventually erodes into the Med .  and other places .

' It's now got to the stage that experts think we're going to leave a noticeable plastic marker in Earth's sedimentary record – something for future generations to look back on and realise just how much we rely on plastics at this point in history. "

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-strange-plasticrust-pollution-is-appearing-embedded-on-shoreline-rocks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, flowing hands said:

Why not learn to make your own charcoal or buy some from proper sustained forests.

For one reason, coal is still preferred in some developing countries as they don't have all the infrastructure to have widespread sustainable energy or technology. Second, they are "catching up" because they are underdeveloped. Third, the cost of that technology or for it to be provided often comes with strings attached, such as from China. Last, the coal industry, especially in American mining communities and throughout Australia, still have interest groups pushing for their use.

Also, Cambodia has a kind of sustainable charcoal that some social entrepreneurs in Phnom Penh have been promoting, believe it or not, but it is too small scale to really be of use countrywide.

Noam Chomsky has never struck me, even, not even once, as a "sky is falling" alarmist.

Noam Chomsky: Preliminary comment: I find it psychologically impossible to discuss the 2020 election without emphasizing, as strongly as possible, what is at stake: survival, nothing less.

Four more years of Trump may spell the end of much of life on Earth, including organized human society in any recognizable form. Strong words, but not strong enough.

I would like to repeat the words of Raymond Pierrehumbert, a lead author of the startling [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] report of October 2018, since replaced by still more dire warnings: “With regard to the climate crisis, yes, it’s time to panic. We are in deep trouble.” These should be the defining terms of the 2020 election.

Environmental catastrophe is an imminent threat. Much of the world is taking steps to deal with it — inadequate, but at least something. Trump and the political organization he now virtually owns are taking steps too — to exacerbate the crisis. Some may recall [George] W. Bush’s infamous call, “bring it on,” directed to Iraqis preparing to “attack us” (in what happened to be their country, but put that aside). Bush later apologized, with regret, but Trump is proud to outdo him, calling on the rising seas and burning Earth to put an end to the human experiment.

In fairness, we should add that Trump is also pursuing ways to avert the environmental threat — destroy us first by nuclear war. That is the simple logic of his demolition of the Reagan-Gorbachev [Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces] Treaty followed at once by testing of missiles that violate it; the threat to dismantle the (Eisenhower-initiated) Open Skies Treaty, and finally, New START. These final blows to the arms control regime constitute, very simply, a call to other nations to join us in creating new and even more horrendous weapons to destroy us all, to the unrestrained applause of weapons manufacturers.

Those are the highly likely consequences of more of Trump and the party that grovels at his feet, terrified of his adoring base. They provide the essential background for the 2020 elections.

The extreme difficulty of protecting forests: https://theintercept.com/2019/11/25/amazon-bolsonaro-dorothy-stang-brazil/

Climate tipping points: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/27/climate-emergency-world-may-have-crossed-tipping-points

8 hours ago, Walker said:

Noam Chomsky has never struck me, even, not even once, as a "sky is falling" alarmist.

The extreme difficulty of protecting forests: https://theintercept.com/2019/11/25/amazon-bolsonaro-dorothy-stang-brazil/

Climate tipping points: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/27/climate-emergency-world-may-have-crossed-tipping-points

I read about tipping points yesterday. This is exactly the way in which non-linear dynamic systems behave! All life in this biosphere is in serious trouble and it can only become worse!

On 11/21/2019 at 12:33 PM, ralis said:

Mr. Wigington is not a climatologist or has any degrees in science as far as I can tell.

Of course not.  If he was, he would be thoroughly indoctrinated with their brainwashing propaganda and in complete, apologist denial.  But clearly, he is not a robot respouting the company lines from their certified programming camps...

Or does this official explanation actually serve to cover the tracks of the climate engineering operations (the actual core causal factor for the exponential wildfire increase)? This same false narrative also helps to facilitate the unbridled corporate plunder of remaining forest resources.

Our government is nothing less than a criminal cabal that exists to serve the military industrial complex and corporate interests. The relentless looting, pillaging, and plundering of Earth’s remaining forests is a case in point, populations must be fully awakened to this reality. It is imperative for each and every one of us to understand that without trees, we will perish.

Sounds VERY legit and WOKE to me!!! :huh:

Edited by gendao

On 11/28/2019 at 11:35 AM, ralis said:

Key Largo has been flooding for around 80 days with no end in sight.

In the Midwest we have Lake Michigan at record highs and flood warnings (like this weekend) along its coast and many tributaries running to it.  Lake front water view properties are more and more threatened..underwater per se.  Course 7 or 8 years ago the lake was at a 20 year low.  So things change but it behooves us to figure out the patterns, the reasons and likely longer term patterns.  Cause its to easy to see a dip or raise and draw a chart that shows it'll go on forever.

The whole system, the El Ninos and El Nanos, air, water currents and moisture pressure.   Weather is complicated, climate more so.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thelerner said:

In the Midwest we have Lake Michigan at record highs and flood warnings (like this weekend) along its coast and many tributaries running to it.  Lake front water view properties are more and more threatened..underwater per se.  Course 7 or 8 years ago the lake was at a 20 year low.  So things change but it behooves us to figure out the patterns, the reasons and likely longer term patterns.  Cause its to easy to see a dip or raise and draw a chart that shows it'll go on forever.

The whole system, the El Ninos and El Nanos, air, water currents and moisture pressure.   Weather is complicated, climate more so.

Are you stating that the scientific models regarding AGW lack sound evidence of human caused AGW?