5 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

Time to leave TDB

Ah the famous Flowing Mouth, who thinks Buddhism Hinduism Taoism is all the same because it comes from Asian brown people?
Maybe you should do some studying for a change instead of waving your hands about.

1 minute ago, Patrick Brown said:

I'll take your word for that.

I generally believe that global warming is happening but why nobody can be certain. Pollution is simpler to understand and is caused by mans activity as a fact. 

No - the reason global warming is considered "not understood" is the same reason that cigarettes are not understood to cause cancer - it's due to billions of 100% tax deductible "donations" to the advertising industry (and a handful of scientists on the take). Literally the SAME scientists promoted the "doubt" about cigarette smoking as they did about global warming. This is detailed in a great documentary called - "Merchants of Doubt" - the book is even better. It's authored by a professor now at Harvard - Naomi Oreskes.

Here is the PR-science scam exposed - full doc.

Now if you want to understand the quantum physics that explains global warming - I did a blog post on that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Interesting but I did say "elements". Thanks anyway. 

Just a few though right?

new study published in Nature has found evidence for 467 ways in which climate hazards due to global warming are making life on the planet harder for humans.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/27/467-ways-to-die-on-a-warming-globe

10 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

I'll take your word for that.

I generally believe that global warming is happening but why nobody can be certain. Pollution is simpler to understand and is caused by mans activity as a fact. 

CO2 is the primary cause which is produced by human activity. Think about the planetary biosphere as an interconnected system whereby variables interact with other variables which will cause change. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ralis said:

Indeed! Natural gas, coal are being promoted as clean energy sources. Both produce CO2 with coal producing far more CO2. Texas apparently has more coal than oil and will be building coal gasification plants. I think Eastman Kodak owns the patents on coal gasification which they somehow acquired from the Nazis.

The methane hot spot in the four corners area is cause for serious concern. It can been seen from space.

https://www.sanjuancitizens.org/four-corners-methane-hotspot

Yes - and the methane arctic hotspot? Doesn't get in the news at all!!

It was shown that slight changes in seafloor erosion and sedimentation patterns that change the thermal and pressure regime below the seafloor could be viable mechanisms for unroofing underlying gas reservoirs, which can release CH4 in large quantities66. Once initiated, erosion could propagate further downward and migrate laterally to adjacent areas, driven by venting gas. Erosion of a few tens of seafloor metres could unroof over-pressured shallow gas reservoirs and buoyant hydrate-laden sediment accumulations beneath the seafloor, triggering rapid gas release66,67. Taken together, these processes could explain why the permafrost underneath the seawater is degrading more rapidly than its terrestrial sibling in the late Holocene. These observational constraints on both mechanisms, and rates of thawing and degradation of subsea permafrost on the ESAS provide a foundation for predictions of the future trajectory of CH4 release from this dynamic Arctic system.

2017 published in Nature by Natalia Shakhova, et. al. - why is it NOT in the NOAA report? oops.

"Global CO2 emissions continue to rise, reaching 33.4 Billion tons last year. Yet, many will be startled to learn that America easily leads the world in reducing CO2 output. Our reduction of 794 million tons over the past decade is a 1.4% annual rate of decrease. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonlack/2018/08/23/guess-whos-most-effective-at-combating-global-warming/#72ec28345cdb

interesting isn't it?

1 minute ago, windwalker said:

"Global CO2 emissions continue to rise, reaching 33.4 Billion tons last year. Yet, many will be startled to learn that America easily leads the world in reducing CO2 output. Our reduction of 794 million tons over the past decade is a 1.4% annual rate of decrease. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonlack/2018/08/23/guess-whos-most-effective-at-combating-global-warming/#72ec28345cdb

interesting isn't it?

The planetary biosphere is an integrated system in which initial conditions effect the entire system. A non-linear dynamic system is sensitive to initial conditions and effects the entire biosphere. A small reduction effects very little and extreme events continue as well as the methane bomb which will not be contained.

13 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Yes - and the methane arctic hotspot? Doesn't get in the news at all!!

2017 published in Nature by Natalia Shakhova, et. al. - why is it NOT in the NOAA report? oops.

Any measurements as to the weight of methane bomb releases?

11 minutes ago, windwalker said:

interesting isn't it?

AmeriKKKa? The US military has 900 bases in OTHER countries. My undergraduate degree was in International Relations with a  new "environmental option" (University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1994). So I am a well qualified internet troll on this topic.

So China relies on US corporations that have set up business there - US corporations make more profits in other countries than in the US - that's how an Empire works.

The US military remains the single largest source of CO2 emissions on the planet.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ralis said:

CO2 is the primary cause which is produced by human activity. Think about the planetary biosphere as an interconnected system whereby variables interact with other variables which will cause change. 

Isn't the real problem the carbon sinks of the north and south poles? Isn't it likely that these may have melted anyway given enough time?

So people, a lot of scientists, have been saying for a couple of decades that any attempt by man to reverse climate change is futile and the damage is done. Of course I'm still not sure if it was caused by man or not but if we're fucked why are we worrying about it? 

So how long have we got before the dramatic upheavals begin? 

8 minutes ago, ralis said:

The planetary biosphere is an integrated system in which initial conditions effect the entire system. A non-linear dynamic system is sensitive to initial conditions and effects the entire biosphere. A small reduction effects very little and extreme events continue as well as the methane bomb which will not be contained.

and ?  

who will agree to be in charge of this "system"  

The climent changes, has changed and will change....the rate of change is what is in question. 

Its all a natural process.   

2 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Isn't the real problem the carbon sinks of the north and south poles? Isn't it likely that these may have melted anyway given enough time?

So people, a lot of scientists, have been saying for a couple of decades that any attempt by man to reverse climate change is futile and the damage is done. Of course I'm still not sure if it was caused by man or not but if we're fucked why are we worrying about it? 

So how long have we got before the dramatic upheavals begin? 

Plants, oceans and soil are carbon sinks with the oceans being the largest. However, one must consider the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere which reflects heat i.e, greenhouse effect and dims light.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, windwalker said:

Why is this a problem?  its a natural occurrence

in response to influences if true, that are said to be attributed 

to other natural influences "human beings"

OK here's the quantum physics on global warming.

https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/10/physics-professor-raymond-t.html

My blog is self-selective - meaning a person really has to want to read it - so you have to scroll down a bit to get to the blog post.

This gives a general overview.

But my blog has cut and pastes from pdfs - that I can't post on this website (does not allow cut and pastes from pdfs).

So this is the prof. who best explains the quantum physics of global warming.

For a positive feedback temperature dependence, warming increases Earth's sensitivity, while greater sensitivity makes Earth warm more. These effects can feed on each other, greatly amplifying warming. As a result, for reasonable values of feedback temperature dependence and preindustrial feedback, Earth can jump to a warmer state under only one or two CO2 doublings. The linear approximation breaks down in the long tail of high climate sensitivity commonly seen in observational studies. Understanding feedback temperature dependence is therefore essential for inferring the risk of high warming from modern observations. Studies that assume linearity likely underestimate the risk of high warming.

This is the BBC doc - that hardly any one has seen.

https://geosci.uchicago.edu/~rtp1/papers/PhysTodayRT2011.pdf

So that is Professor

Exponential CO2 Warming as "Humanity's Final Exam": Physics Professor RAYMOND T. PIERREHUMBERT gives the nitty-gritty on how CO2 drives global warming

the best pdf overview on the quantum physics of global warming.

So the Sulfur Pollution Aerosols from industry have actually prevented global warming by at least 1 degree Celsius global average.

So for example when 9/11 shut down all airplanes over the US for a few days then the lack of sulfur caused US temps to increase 1 degree celsius.

So that means all the renewable energy craze is not gonna help us.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

AmeriKKKa? The US military has 900 bases in OTHER countries. My undergraduate degree was in International Relations with a  new "environmental option" (University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1994). So I am a well qualified internet troll on this topic.

your only qualified to be a troll as you've indicated.

otherwise your just a voice on the net as we all are...

If your living in the US always free to move...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, windwalker said:

and ?  

who will agree to be in charge of this "system"  

The climent changes, has changed and will change....the rate of change is what is in question. 

Its all a natural process.   

You keep leaning on natural processes. Define what you mean. 

1 minute ago, ralis said:

Plants, oceans and soil are carbon sinks with the oceans being the largest. However, one must consider the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere which reflects heat i.e, greenhouse effect and dims light.

OK maybe I confused myself and it has something to do with sea life especially plankton dying as a result of a change in the oceans when the poles melt. There's also been talk over the years about the change of ocean currents etc which will effect climate, I'm thinking "The Day After Tomorrow" type thing. 

34 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Ah the famous Flowing Mouth, who thinks Buddhism Hinduism Taoism is all the same because it comes from Asian brown people?
Maybe you should do some studying for a change instead of waving your hands about.

Christian, go pay Peter Popoff  $200 to help save your soul for you have sinned.

1 hour ago, flowing hands said:

Jesus, the enemy of the Dao has infiltrated wrapped up in disguise. Time to leave TDB's and go and infiltrate some Christians forums to turn them away from the single God and to follow the Dao.;) I'm sure their not interested in Climate Change as God will save them all especially if they pay $200 to Peter popoff!

Have you ever, in your @flowing hands existence, that the reality you live is illusory?

46 minutes ago, windwalker said:

your only qualified to be a troll as you've indicated.

otherwise your just a voice on the net as we all are...

If your living in the US always free to move...

yep as I indicated - even Dr. Mark Serreze - a career Salaried Sellout - had to be informed by me, an internet troll, on the methane bomb. haha.

Let's see.... google this

dr. mark serreze crazy crazy

first hit:

Researchers 'Staggered' by 'Crazy, Crazy' Record-Setting Warm Winter in Arctic

Arctic warming is just a symptom of "disease" that's getting worse, say climate scientists, as U.S. leaders refuse to curb human activities that contribute to climate crisis

yep - this is from a career scientist who is focused on studying global warming!! That was AFTER I had contacted him.

"It's just crazy, crazy stuff," Mark Serreze, director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) in Boulder, Colorado, told the Associated Press. Serreze is known for his research on the decline of sea ice in the Arctic. "These heat waves—I've never seen anything like this."

surprise surprise!!

But he can't be "too alarmist" otherwise he might lose his funding.

No - better to be "surprised" after the fact!!

BPIOMASIceVolumeAnomalyCurrentV2.1.png

So Peter Wadhams has been predicting a "Blue Ocean" event to occur in the next few years.

As the arctic sea ice goes out - then the albedo effect goes out.

Then the methane bomb goes off.

As for the amounts?
Let's check back to Dr. Natalia Shakhova again.

https://envisionation.co.uk/index.php/blogs/nick-breeze-blogs/203-subsea-permafrost-on-east-siberian-arctic-shelf-now-in-accelerated-decline

So an interview with the scientists.

Now keep in mind Dr. Mark Serreze personally emailed me BEFORE he said the arctic warming was "crazy, crazy" - that an "abrupt methane eruption" was "sensationalism." BUT AFTER he said the arctic warming was crazy crazy then he responded to me that indeed Dr. Shakhova was the methane expert.

Now let's see what she says:

This edge between it being linear and becoming exponential is very fine and lays between frozen and thawed states of subsea permafrost. This is what we call the turning point. To me, I cannot take the responsibility in saying there is a right point between the linear and exponential yet, but following the logic of our investigation and all the evidence that we accumulated so far, it makes me think that we are very near this point. And in this particular point, each year matters.

OK so how much we talking about?

That would allow large releases of methane and whatever you call it - outburst, bomb, or whatever, I see no point to say no to such a possibility.

and

The estimated amount of hydrates, 1500 billion tonnes, is actually only a tiny proportion of the actual pressurised methane store beneath the gas hydrate stability zone.

Dr. Shakhova: The third point is that the hydrates, despite disbelief from some scientists, have already been found in the ESAS. We know from personal communication that the South Korean expedition was accomplished in 2016 and they sampled the hydrates. I believe, this data will be published soon. However, hydrates could only be sampled if they remain stable. After hydrates are destabilised, we can only sample gas releasing from these decaying deposits.

In our observations, we have accumulated the evidence that this gas front is propagating in the sediments. To me as a scientist, these points are enough to be convinced that methane release in the ESAS is related to disintegration of subsea permafrost and associated destabilisation of seabed deposits whether it is hydrates or free gas accumulations.

Edited by voidisyinyang

9 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Have you ever, in your @flowing hands existence, that the reality you live is illusory?

Existentialism is a philosophy it means slightly differing things to different people. Illusion and reality are of course the questions that those with tendencies to mental illness ask themselves and so further cause fear and panic about their own existence. The life I live has no place for illusion, but a life dealing head on with reality. The present day reality is that as humans we are doing a great deal of harm to our planet and the other living things that we share this world with. This is not illusion it is fact. Illusion comes from people who deny this and just say its a process and couldn't care less, until the reality hits them. Then of course all their philosophizing  about the illusion and reality teaches them a lesson about life; its not all in the head!

Now my post was not about whether Climate change exists, it was about seeing what people in their own lives were taking practical measure, being Dao, to help our environment. Being a practical man and a Dao practitioner taught by Immortals for more than 35 years, I have taken practical measures and personal responsibility to help this situation. I'm asking what have you done and what practical things, that's things that are not in the head, can be done to help the situation. OK

38 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

taught by Immortals for more than 35 years,

Immortals ?  Interesting.

How does one prove immortaliy

1 hour ago, Patrick Brown said:

OK maybe I confused myself and it has something to do with sea life especially plankton dying as a result of a change in the oceans when the poles melt. There's also been talk over the years about the change of ocean currents etc which will effect climate, I'm thinking "The Day After Tomorrow" type thing. 

All oceanic life are subject to variations in water temperature, pH and light. Given that ocean waters are carbon sinks, CO2 can lower pH to a slightly more acidic level which means that shell fish will not be able to form shells. Why? Calcium can only be viable for shell formation in a very narrow pH range. 

If I remember correctly, the melting ice will cool the Atlantic conveyor belt which in time will cease to function.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

All oceanic life are subject to variations in water temperature, pH and light. Given that ocean waters are carbon sinks, CO2 can lower pH to a slightly more acidic level which means that shell fish will not be able to form shells. Why? Calcium can only be viable for shell formation in a very narrow pH range. 

If I remember correctly, the melting ice will cool the Atlantic conveyor belt which in time will cease to function.

Are the poles mainly salt water or fresh water? What effect will them melting have?