13 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Methane.png

What the methane bomb means is this:

10C-18F-stack.png

The aerosols is global dimming effect from increased amount of renewable energy.

So even the so-called "solution" is making the problem worse.

Methane Bomb is the "seafloor methane" - not just permafrost.

Some have argued that methane deposits can be harvested for a new fuel source. First, methane is far more toxic to the biosphere than fossil fuels and second, methane hydrate is not in a contained pool which makes it impossible to tap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

Some have argued that methane deposits can be harvested for a new fuel source. First, methane is far more toxic to the biosphere than fossil fuels and second, methane hydrate is not in a contained pool which makes it impossible to tap.

yep - a recent edition of the Economist (rothschilds) is all about Leveraging the "free market" to profit from Global warming. Basically argues that big government is evil but carbon taxes will enable freedom to save us. yes "harvesting" methane is being experimented on - and both China and Russia are competing with the US - to see who can make the most profits in the energy sector. China is exporting Coal Plants so other countries can develop faster. And let's remember that "natural gas" turns out to emit way more methane than the industry had self-reported.

Yes back in the early 90s when I was at University of Wisconsin-Madison - I argued with my hippy commune friends taking Ornithology with me - we have enough science - what we need is more activism to change political policies. The problem with the activism approach is there is NO money in it - and if someone does get any money then it's just to shut down the activism - to turn it into "hobnobbing" and glad-handing, etc.

So I have seen this all first hand - for example the "democrats" promoted natural gas industry, to "export it" worldwide just as the Chinese are exporting the "coal plants."

The Economist featured ExxonMobil's business plan of leveraging oil profits. Clearly the US Empire is set on maintaining the oil petrodollar monopoly (so is targeting Venezuela and Iran - after Iraq and Central Asia).

Yes - the Billionaire Brats are literally planning on leaving earth or going deep into underground cities to somehow "survive."

It's all really due to a Primate ejaculation addiction physiology - who can be "King of the Hill" (the Edifice Complex as part of the Alchemy of DeNile).

Mother Nature will return to the Archaea and Bacteria kingdoms that live much more harmoniously - off of pure biophoton quantum entanglement energy. Maybe some Fungi will survive also.

Earth was plunged into its Snowball phase before - now it will plunge into its Fireball phase from the nuclear power plants melting down and whatever nuclear weapon terrorism is unleashed from lack of fresh water over the next 5 years.

Yes I realize I am supposed to be taking "cruise ships" and visualizing rainbow unicorn love while my shit is spewed out of the cruise ship. I'm just not as good at the New Age late capitalism thing.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

yep - a recent edition of the Economist (rothschilds) is all about Leveraging the "free market" to profit from Global warming. Basically argues that big government is evil but carbon taxes will enable freedom to save us. yes "harvesting" methane is being experimented on - and both China and Russia are competing with the US - to see who can make the most profits in the energy sector. China is exporting Coal Plants so other countries can develop faster. And let's remember that "natural gas" turns out to emit way more methane than the industry had self-reported.

Yes back in the early 90s when I was at University of Wisconsin-Madison - I argued with my hippy commune friends taking Ornithology with me - we have enough science - what we need is more activism to change political policies. The problem with the activism approach is there is NO money in it - and if someone does get any money then it's just to shut down the activism - to turn it into "hobnobbing" and glad-handing, etc.

So I have seen this all first hand - for example the "democrats" promoted natural gas industry, to "export it" worldwide just as the Chinese are exporting the "coal plants."

The Economist featured ExxonMobil's business plan of leveraging oil profits. Clearly the US Empire is set on maintaining the oil petrodollar monopoly (so is targeting Venezuela and Iran - after Iraq and Central Asia).

Yes - the Billionaire Brats are literally planning on leaving earth or going deep into underground cities to somehow "survive."

It's all really due to a Primate ejaculation addiction physiology - who can be "King of the Hill" (the Edifice Complex as part of the Alchemy of DeNile).

Mother Nature will return to the Archaea and Bacteria kingdoms that live much more harmoniously - off of pure biophoton quantum entanglement energy. Maybe some Fungi will survive also.

Earth was plunged into its Snowball phase before - now it will plunge into its Fireball phase from the nuclear power plants melting down and whatever nuclear weapon terrorism is unleashed from lack of fresh water over the next 5 years.

Yes I realize I am supposed to be taking "cruise ships" and visualizing rainbow unicorn love while my shit is spewed out of the cruise ship. I'm just not as good at the New Age late capitalism thing.

Indeed! Natural gas, coal are being promoted as clean energy sources. Both produce CO2 with coal producing far more CO2. Texas apparently has more coal than oil and will be building coal gasification plants. I think Eastman Kodak owns the patents on coal gasification which they somehow acquired from the Nazis.

The methane hot spot in the four corners area is cause for serious concern. It can been seen from space.

https://www.sanjuancitizens.org/four-corners-methane-hotspot

Edited by ralis

50 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Why is this a problem?  its a natural occurrence

in response to influences if true, that are said to be attributed 

to other natural influences "human beings"

1 hour ago, voidisyinyang said:

Methane.png

What the methane bomb means is this:

10C-18F-stack.png

The aerosols is global dimming effect from increased amount of renewable energy.

Methane Bomb is the "seafloor methane" - not just permafrost.

Why is that graph so elegantly formed? Real data is not perceived that way:

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/47893-science-of-sound/?tab=comments#comment-850366

12 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Why is this a problem?  its a natural occurrence

in response to influences if true, that are said to be attributed 

to other natural influences "human beings"

Any process that human primates engage in is a natural process and that is just fine? Whether or not it is destructive to life?

@Jonesboy

FYI, I have an undergraduate degree in the biosciences since you claimed I didn't have any academic credentials apropos to this discussion.

16 minutes ago, ralis said:

Any process that human primates engage in is a natural process and that is just fine? Whether or not it is destructive to life?

Are humans natural to this planet 

Other species have come and gone due to their own activities

its a "natural" process  

Mones.jpg

"Infanticide occurs in other animals, such as in Hanuman langurs."

a recent thread that some commented on....Would you or others try to stop this "natural" process 

Edited by windwalker

9 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Are humans natural to this planet 

Other species have come and gone due their own activities

its a "natural" process  

Mones.jpg

"Infanticide occurs in other animals, such as in Hanuman langurs."

a recent thread that some commented on....Would you or others try to stop this "natural" process 

Animal species/groups are regulated by their natural environment i.e, food supplies, water, climate and disease. Primates such as pictured above don't drill for oil, build nuke plants and have no technological means to control their environment.

Isn't climate change just a distraction from the real problem of pollution? Whereas climate change may be happening pollution is happening! We've already gone way too far with atomic waste which will probably come back to bite us so perhaps we shouldn't care? 

Human sterility is probably just around the corner, well with any luck. :huh:

Just thought I'd cheer everyone up! 

16 minutes ago, ralis said:

Animal species/groups are regulated by their natural environment i.e, food supplies, water, climate and disease. Primates such as pictured above don't drill for oil, build nuke plants and have no technological means to control their environment.

not really true.

All animal species modify their environments according to their ability to do so.

"

For years scientists have been at a loss as to how the industrious ants were able to keep their nests at just the right temperature to allow the fungus to grow... until now.

New research has shown that the insects make specially-constructed turrets which ventilate the nests for optimum growth."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2042645/Air-conditioned-ants-The-secret-vast-underground-cities--ventilation.html

12 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

We've already gone way too far with atomic waste which will probably come back to bite us so perhaps we shouldn't care? 

Might want to read up on atomic power 

as to the waste issue its a technical problem that will be addressed at some time in the future

as the need to do so makes  it economically viable to do so.

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, windwalker said:

Might want to read up on atomic power 

as the waste issue its a technical problem that will be addressed at some time

as the need to do so makes economically viable to do so.

I'm aware there's a lot of nuclear waste kept underground here in the UK. As to the economics of further using radioactive waste for energy down the line aren't we on a dangerous path? I mean wouldn't it be safer to figure out the science before creating vast quantities of extremely dangerous wast? 

1 minute ago, Patrick Brown said:

I'm aware there's a lot of nuclear waste kept underground here in the UK. As to the economics of further using radioactive waste for energy down the line aren't we on a dangerous path? I mean wouldn't it be safer to figure out the science before creating vast quantities of extremely dangerous wast? 

The same argument used for fossil fuels.

What dangerous path ?

Do you understand the tech, and process used to make the pc 

your using now?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, windwalker said:

The same argument used for fossil fuels.

What dangerous path ?

Do you understand the tech, and process used to make the pc 

your using now?  

I think radioactive substances might be in a different league. 

Manufacturing! That's my point exactly as all the crap that is used to create much of the stuff in the modern world can be highly toxic. Add to that radioactive substances and it all looks pretty grim for mankind.

Of course this could all be part of evolution as man could simply be acting as a catalyst for creating new elements? I think we've created quite a few already although I'm no chemist.  

6 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

I think we've created quite a few already although I'm no chemist.  

Discovered might be a better word..

As more is learned and understood humankind 

will be able to create conditions allowing for the fromantion 

of other elements or chemicals that would not occur naturally .

There have been things formed that were really beyond the scope

of control of those that created the conditions allowing them to form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitesilk said:

Why is that graph so elegantly formed? Real data is not perceived that way:

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/47893-science-of-sound/?tab=comments#comment-850366

Here is Peter Wadhams - he's actually gone to the arctic over 50 times - he shared his office with Stephen Hawking at Cambridge.

Sorry he's not the IPCC political report or some Faux News report.

But he did almost die on a nuclear sub explosion in the arctic.

14 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

I think radioactive substances might be in a different league. 

Manufacturing! That's my point exactly as all the crap that is used to create much of the stuff in the modern world can be highly toxic. Add to that radioactive substances and it all looks pretty grim for mankind.

Of course this could all be part of evolution as man could simply be acting as a catalyst for creating new elements? I think we've created quite a few already although I'm no chemist.  

By quite a few - it's something like 30,000 new synthetic chemicals produced a year.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, windwalker said:

not really true.

All animal species modify their environments according to their ability to do so.

"

For years scientists have been at a loss as to how the industrious ants were able to keep their nests at just the right temperature to allow the fungus to grow... until now.

New research has shown that the insects make specially-constructed turrets which ventilate the nests for optimum growth."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2042645/Air-conditioned-ants-The-secret-vast-underground-cities--ventilation.html

More than 40% of insect species are declining and a third are endangered, the analysis found. The rate of extinction is eight times faster than that of mammals, birds and reptiles

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/10/plummeting-insect-numbers-threaten-collapse-of-nature

42 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Isn't climate change just a distraction from the real problem of pollution? Whereas climate change may be happening pollution is happening! We've already gone way too far with atomic waste which will probably come back to bite us so perhaps we shouldn't care? 

Human sterility is probably just around the corner, well with any luck. :huh:

Just thought I'd cheer everyone up! 

Global warming by humans was first documented in the 1880s. But to really understand it - is to understand quantum physics.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ralis said:

yes  Professor Michael Corballis has proven that left-brain dominant language co-evolved with right hand dominant technology. So then around 10,000 years ago then humans got so left-brain dominant that they got "cut off" from Nature. Why? Because the left-brain vagus nerve does not connect to the right side of the brain This is a particular male problem because female mammals have about 10% more oxytocin neurons in the left side of the brain (activated by the vagus nerve) for love bonding with offspring.

So then our left-brain language created this fantasy that infinity could be "contained" by geometry symbols - and this developed into "science" as a religion of math.

2 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Global warming by humans was first documented in the 1880s. But to really understand it - is to understand quantum physics.

I'll take your word for that.

I generally believe that global warming is happening but why nobody can be certain. Pollution is simpler to understand and is caused by mans activity as a fact. 

5 hours ago, rideforever said:

Well then you have chosen wisely, and he himself was like a sailmaker, a carpenter, and such small work with the hands leads to great knowledge and skill, and so you may contribute to life, and be appreciated by life for your efforts.

Being of farming ancestry is of great benefit, because then ground is solid beneath your feet .... it is a rarer thing these days.

I have found it difficult to comprehend life but in the end I choose to attempt to follow the way and be a worthy part of existence, as best as possible.   And one day it will be over.

Jesus, the enemy of the Dao has infiltrated wrapped up in disguise. Time to leave TDB's and go and infiltrate some Christians forums to turn them away from the single God and to follow the Dao.;) I'm sure their not interested in Climate Change as God will save them all especially if they pay $200 to Peter popoff!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

By quite a few - it's something like 30,000 new synthetic chemicals produced a year.

Interesting but I did say "elements". Thanks anyway.