sustainablefarm86

Transmission: Useful? What? Where? How to?

12 hours ago, thelerner said:

In my travels I've gotten a couple, some from teachers, others from fellow travelers.  I don't think they did much for me, I mean I didn't feel much from them.  But.. I'm not a very energy sensitive guy so.  I think others might have been rocked.. I think.

If you get a transmission and you don't feel very much, could that be a good thing? If you get surgery for some physical condition, it wouldn't be very comfortable to feel every cut, either during the process or afterwards in the form of pain and further complications..

Is it possible that the more expertise from the one giving a spiritual transmission then, the safer and healthier and more beneficial longterm results?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thursday said:

If you get a transmission and you don't feel very much, could that be a good thing? If you get surgery for some physical condition, it wouldn't be very comfortable to feel every cut, either during the process or afterwards in the form of pain and further complications..

Is it possible that the more expertise from the one giving a spiritual transmission then, the safer and healthier and more beneficial longterm results?

I'll tell you a good "transmission" story. When I was 29 - doing my intensive qigong meditation training - then I went to the LEvel 3 weekend retreat of http://springforestqigong.com and I had fasted for a week, meditating the whole time, taking only a half glass of water the whole week. So my qi energy was very strong and the conference room - there was about 200 people - and I was in the back. But I could not understand how people could be in the SAME room as this one man in the front who had this stench of rotting flesh. Then the qigong master explained that qigong masters can smell cancer as a rotten flesh smell. So then as the qigong master was in full lotus going healing then the man's dead flesh smell went away. So then during the break I went back to my room - it was a 1950s style cabin with thin walls - and I could hear a couple "getting down" next door - during our meditation retreat - while I was in full lotus meditation - but then I could smell the rotten flesh stench had returned!! I just wondered HOW could that female stay in the same room as the male with that rotting flesh smell - when I could barely stand it through the walls. See when he "lost his alchemical pill" then his cancer came back and he and his female friend who desired the man's qi (that had been transmitted into him) had NO IDEA they had just reversed his energy healing from the qigong master. oops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thursday said:

My master told me when I was initiated by him that people who get a transmission might feel terrible initially. That is because the transmission and teacher's presence triggers a detox (cleanse) which could be energetic, physical and emotional (all three are actually interrelated). How one receives the transmission depends on their level of preparedness.

If your mind is full of crap (acquired ideas and concepts, negative patterns and habits), the transmission will begin to clear it up. As it gets cleared, it rises up and gets observed, which will cause issues (to state it mildly).

That is why a teacher or experienced mentor is so important in this field. We need to have a rapport with the teacher/mentor such that we can share anything without fear of judgement. Good teachers and mentors are like that. They WANT to help us. They WANT us to evolve and develop into more complete and mature spiritual beings. They WANT us to wake up. 

I've shared presence with some people. Some get it, some don't get it. One person, whose path is purely the jnana yoga way (contemplative), has no sense of energetics and his heart level was not open yet. So he didn't feel anything. Yet, he tells me that meditation is easier for him when we're in the same space.  Another person, who has had significant yoga and healing background, progressed very fast and might I say also had an awakening such that previously held negative tendencies were shed like dirty laundry. 

The most difficult are the skeptics. Those that are obsessed with their intellect and their preconceptions. Because the ego (mind) will find a way to neutralize the most profound of experiences in such people. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, dwai said:

The most difficult are the skeptics. Those that are obsessed with their intellect and their preconceptions. Because the ego (mind) will find a way to neutralize the most profound of experiences in such people. 

Qi level transmission works pretty well on these types though 😬

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thursday said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes

1 hour ago, dwai said:

about two weavers who promise an emperor a new suit of clothes that they say is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent

Edited by Taoist Texts

Yes - those damned skeptics who always spoil the party. Just call them obsessed or stupid, that will teach them how to behave! :P

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, freeform said:

Qi level transmission works pretty well on these types though 😬

I'm saying that they will always find some mental jugglery to discredit (in their own eyes) any higher experience they might have had. One most frequently used reason I've heard is "Its great, but it's just a mental thing". :D

There's no thought on the fact that all experiences are also "mental things"...

I had one friend (skeptic) experience a taiji ball (energy sphere). He could clearly feel it from 1 foot away. From 2 feet away. From 3 feet away. After a few days he tells me "You've figured out how to manipulate static electricity!!" :D

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

Yes - those damned skeptics who always spoil the party. Just call them obsessed or stupid, that will teach them how to behave! :P

Most skeptics are not skeptical enough I reckon :)

(about their own assumptions at least)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dwai said:

I'm saying that they will always find some mental jugglery to discredit (in their own eyes) any higher experience they might have had. One most frequently used reason I've heard is "Its great, but it's just a mental thing". :D

There's no thought on the fact that all experiences are also "mental things"...

I had one friend (skeptic) experience a taiji ball (energy sphere). He could clearly feel it from 1 foot away. From 2 feet away. From 3 feet away. After a few days he tells me "You've figured out how to manipulate static electricity!!" :D

I have found that beyond being open to the 4th chakra, one has to be open and have trust in the person you are working with.

If you are skeptical, don't believe, are closed off to the possibility and the transmission. You are not going to get much from it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

I have found that beyond being open to the 4th chakra, one has to be open and have trust in the person you are working with.

If you are skeptical, don't believe, are closed off to the possibility and the transmission. You are not going to get much from it.

Yes very true. The skeptic will immediately say "extraordinary claims call for extraordinary evidence...the onus of proof is on you, not me" :D 

A key to success in any spiritual path (imho) is what's known as 'Shraddhā" in indian languages. It means trust, respect, and openness towards the knowledge and the transmitter of the knowledge. But in today's age, it is a very rare thing to find. 

However, let me be clear, I'm not skeptic bashing. I just made an observation...and moreover, everything happens for very specific reasons. Best not to resist!

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dwai said:

I'm saying that they will always find some mental jugglery to discredit (in their own eyes) any higher experience they might have had.

Haha you’re right of course.

The majority of the teachers I’ve trained with use the Zifa Gong process to open channels. When they transmit at a Qi level the result in most beginners (particularly the uptight skeptical types) is quite extreme spontaneous movements (Zifa Gong) - generally looks like an extreme epileptic fit 😬

This sort of thing:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

And the spiritual bragging goes on and on....

More like common knowledge in various traditions.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dwai said:

Yes very true. The skeptic will immediately say "extraordinary claims call for extraordinary evidence...the onus of proof is on you, not me" :D 

The sceptic, in his true form, will only say that if your claim is in the realm of natural science (including medicine). What happens in the realm of your spiritual practice is irrelevant to the sceptic, because any aware person can experience just about anything. Noone is sceptical to that. At least not the sceptic. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mudfoot said:

The sceptic, in his true form, will only say that if your claim is in the realm of natural science (including medicine). What happens in the realm of your spiritual practice is irrelevant to the sceptic, because any aware person can experience just about anything. Noone is sceptical to that. At least not the sceptic. 

Glad to know that :) 

20 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Did Lao tzu or Chuang tzu ever mention spiritual transmission?

Traditions don’t begin and end with these two figures. Many, many masters have practiced transmission and some traditions it is very important. Just because you don’t practice it or know about it...

• Like 5

From my experience;

Do they exist? Yes

Are they useful? It's the only way most people can cultivate. 

Are they good? It's really good stuff

Are they crutch? Nope, those who have the capacity to attain the higher energy will attain it one way or another, whether by transmission or self enlightenment or even luck. The method does not change the final outcome.

Are they trap? In most cases, yes.

Do you need to have a teacher? Just thinking about them is enough to connect to their energy and gain benefit.

Do you need spirit friends? Lmao

Does it need to be an human person giving or can other things in the Universe that are potentially more trustful grant it?

(more trustful than a random guy in Youtube, at the very least) The sun, the moon, the ocean, the sky, a person, or a cockroach. Be careful what you connect to.

Edited by 子泰
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The name Shakers, originally pejorative, was applied by outsiders as a mocking description of the group's rituals of trembling, shouting, dancing, shaking, singing, and glossolalia (speaking in strange and unknown languages). The first documented use of the term comes from a British newspaper reporter who wrote in 1758 that the worshippers rolled on the floor and spoke in tongues.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Shakers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Traditions don’t begin and end with these two figures. Many, many masters have practiced transmission and some traditions it is very important. Just because you don’t practice it or know about it...

yes and http://springforestqigong.com calls it "healing" - not "transmission" - so whether some ancient used such and such a word is irrelevant.

I'll tell another story - during this time in 2000 when my qi was very strong - the Yuan Qi was activated - I was sitting in the local coffee shop with my meditation friend - he sat down across from me - and we were not talking about meditation at the time. We had met regarding activism - so maybe talking about that. Suddenly he goes:

What are you doing to me!

I mean he raised his voice and he was really shocked.

I just kind of smiled.

Then at the end of that week - I was asked to share my fasting experience - Jim asked me to tell the practice group about it - http://qigongmaster.com and so this old lady asked me to practice healing on her.

She sat in the chair - and I stood to her side - she looked forward - and I began pulling out her energy blockages without touching her.

I put my palm over the top of her skull and I felt this strong electromagnetic "blob" get pulled out of the top of her skull.

Right when I felt that - and she could not see what I was doing - she just burst out bawling and she kept bawling.

I had forgotten that the qigong master taught to never pull  energy blockages out of the top center of the skull - the fontanelle (as that is where the spirit goes out of the body).

The lady kept bawling and everyone else seemed to be gone - and we went downstairs to leave.

I saw my meditation friend walking towards me in the hall and I said:

You're not going to believe what just happened to me!

Right when I said that then the old lady approached from behind us - coming down the hall behind me - and a man had his arm around her to comfort her - she was still sobbing.

So I had accidentally pulled her spirit right out of her body - like what happens to a person at death. Oops.

I didn't realize how strong my qi was compared to how weak her qi was.

Then later on we saw each other at a later qigong event and she gave me a friendly smile - she realized I had just made an error.

Edited by voidisyinyang

4 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Did Lao tzu or Chuang tzu ever mention spiritual transmission?

to quote Ch'an master Nan, Huai-chin

In Chuang Tzu's ancient colloquial Chinese, the word for "wavering heat haze" yeh-ma literally means "wild horse" but this is not a horse. Chuang Tzu says, "A wavering heat haze, blowing dust and dirt, living things blown back and forth by its breath." This thing-in-motion, the life-force, is like flames, like reflections of light. These bodies that we receive as our karmic reward, our lives, come from a common basis of life.

https://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/Nan-Huai-Chin-Working-Toward-Enlightenment.pdf

• Like 1

5 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Thanks for this, page 15 is exactly the cultivation I needed to read/understand at this time. :)

About transmissions, In my experience:  you have to be prepared to receive one to get a benefit from it, if not then even a well intentioned one can possibly do harm. 

Edited by mrpasserby
added content
  • Like 1

On 14-2-2019 at 11:53 PM, King Jade said:

I've read about transmissions, and that it somehow serves to speed up someone a few days here and there

Do they exist?

Are they useful? 

Are they good?

Are they crutch?

Are they trap?

Do you need to have a teacher?

Do you need spirit friends?

Does it need to be an human person giving or can other things in the Universe that are potentially more trustful grant it?

(more trustful than a random guy in Youtube, at the very least)

What do you think?

I have asked myself how a long time. It's all you. Only you can do it for you. You cannot recognize anything, unless you already contain it. And your heart is always guiding you to it. Speceifically your soul guiding you, through your heart, every single moment, always perfect. So feel. Be true to who you really are. Unconditionally. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

Thanks for this, page 15 is exactly the cultivation I needed to read/understand at this time. :)

About transmissions, In my experience:  you have to be prepared to receive one to get a benefit from it, if not then even a well intentioned one can possibly do harm. 

This book is also a great read:

https://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/Nan-Huai-Chin-To-Realize-Enlightenment.pdf