Patrick Brown

Should an IS Traitor be Allowed to Return to the UK?

Unrepentant former London schoolgirl, 19, who ran away to join ISIS with two friends flees last-stand battle while 'nine months pregnant with third baby' after two more children died in Syrian warzone and begs to come home

• Shamima Begum, 19, fled Bethnal Green with two friends for Syria in 2015
  • She and two friends, Kadiza Sultana and Amira Abase, married foreign fighters
  • They went to join Sharmeena Begum who had already travelled to Syria
  • Shamima fled the final ISIS stronghold in eastern Syria and said Abase and Sharmeena Begum were still alive two weeks ago

A schoolgirl who fled London aged 15 to join ISIS has been found heavily pregnant in a refugee camp and said: 'I don't regret coming here - now all I want to do is come home to Britain'.

Shamima Begum was just 15 when she and two classmates Kadiza Sultana and Amira Abase travelled to Syria in February 2015.

In an extraordinary interview with The Times she said: 'I know what everyone at home thinks of me as I have read all that was written about me online. But I just want to come home to have my child. That's all I want right now'.

She added: 'I'll do anything required just to be able to come home and live quietly with my child.'

The jihadi bride is the only known survivor of the three friends from Bethnal Green and today described her 'normal life' as well as witnessing bombings and the loss of her two infant children as the caliphate fell apart around her. 

She said: 'I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn't faze me at all. It was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam. I thought only of what he would have done to a Muslim woman if he had the chance'.  

However the 19-year-old says she does not regret joining the terror group and said she was 'weak' for not staying to the bitter end – but now wants to come home.

Speaking to the newspaper she said: 'I'm not the same silly little 15-year-old schoolgirl who ran away from Bethnal Green four years ago. And I don't regret coming here.'

Security Minister Ben Wallace today confirmed that Begum 'has a right to come home' and will be allowed back into Britain if she presents herself at a British consulate in Iraq or Turkey. 

He said: 'I'm not putting at risk British people's lives to go and look for terrorists or former terrorists in a failed state - there's consular services elsewhere in the region.

'British citizens have rights whoever they are but if they have gone join IS and return to the UK they can expect to be questioned and, if possible, prosecuted'. 

He added: 'Actions have consequences. I think the public will be reflecting on why these people want to return to a country they said they hate'.  

Mr Wallace refused to be drawn further on Begum's case but admitted it was 'very worrying' that she had 'no regrets' about joining ISIS, which he called the 'worst terror group in history'. 

Times war correspondent Anthony Loyd, who found Ms Begum, told Today she was 'two things': 'She is the 15-year-old schoolgirl who was groomed and lured to the caliphate, and four years later, with that background, she is an indoctrinated jihadi bride.'

Loyd added: 'She didn't express regret, she said she had no regrets, she was calm and composed but she was also in a state of shock - she had just come out of a battlefield, nine months pregnant, many of her friends dead and she's gone through air strikes and all the rest of it - so I wouldn't want to rush to judge her too harshly.'

25DF49EB00000578-6702719-image-m-3_15501

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6702719/Ex-London-schoolgirl-19-fled-join-ISIS-two-friends-flees-nine-months-pregnant.html

I would say no she can't return but it will be argued that she was very young when she left the UK to join IS. Basically she's a traitor and should be locked up for 25 years or longer. I don't see that being pregnant has anything to do with it and is irrelevant.

In fact people that are proven traitors against their country should be executed! I'm not nationalist but you should respect the culture you're born into or move on a find one that fits you. 

Edited by Patrick Brown

It is not so much a matter of judgement but rather of national security. I doubt that her feelings towards the U.K. have grown fonder since she espoused Islam and jihad.

Whilst she may not engage in terrorism she would doubtless be a worm in the apple barrel were she to return here.

Having said this I feel sure that she will return to the U,K. and I very much doubt that any effective action will be taken against her. I also suspect that she will receive benefits to support both herself and her child when it is born. All from the pocket of the society which she despises.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not to sound weird, but she respected the culture she was born in, and thus she became a jihadist. Which is part of the culture you live in. If you don't like that culture, you should move on and find one that fits you, and yes... It's not possible, because you're already part of that culture. Infact, it is the culture of the entire world.

Your men go to military training, when they don't have an enemy to fight against, what will happen. Well? What do you think? Russia will fking nuke america and america will fking pwn your tiny lttle UK and place nuclear missiles everywhere after they crush your entire country to serve as a nuclear base that gets bombed by russians 24/7. 

But to this women, she and her friends averted this danger, and even allowed for russian and american relationship and cooperation to be formed. And also the EU and Britain. She and her friends united the entire world, by sacrificing herself. Pretending to be your enemy, even tho she has the power equivalent to an ant.

And yet you are threathened by her,  because your head is so far stuck up your arse, you can hardly smell your own pride anymore. You literally bombed the sht out of every jihadist, they never had even the tiniest of chance! Do you really think that they were seriously going to dominate the world? Are you seriously that stupid? Do you really think, a group of bearded man, willing to fight for God, for the purpose of uniting humanity, and ask no question, literally became like sacrificial lambs, do you really think these people even had a tiny chance of dominating you and surpressing you? Are you really afraid? Well, good. Be afraid of these people, rather than your neighbours. Because if you fear your neighbours, you will constantly fight with them. And that wont end up good. Cause your ability to hurt eachother has been growing so far through technology, you really have to let that go. And be more forgiving.

Also, what you do with her, no one cares. She already sacrificed her life. The job is done. It's over. Succes. She avoided nuclear annihilation. She united foreign military relationships. She allowed for migration. Done. You all went up like big ol pals and went shooting dem terries. And now you're happy and satisfied. Isn't that the point in the first place? To satisfy the kill hungry. To attract more slaves into your country who will work 24/7 at your disposal for your satisfaction being their highest purpose in life. And allow for more love to flow into your country. They are literally slaves for god sakes. They literally gave their own life for your entertainment. Literally a distraction and satisfaction for your evil intentions.

Have you ever seen a sex slave on the internet? They will literally do anything in order to smell your feet. And you are afraid of a sex slave. So what does that make you? Well? I don't know... You tell me! Are you afraid of your own desires to own a sex slave? Well? I have no idea! You tell me!

Edited by Everything

No, imo, she shouldn't be let back in.  She made her bed, she should sleep in it.  She is a traitor who expresses no regrets but wants a better life with people that she'd vowed to murder and enslave. Literally.  Undoubtedly her first choice would be return to a destroyed England ruled under a strict murderous caliphate.

The odds that she raises her future children to be hateful, literally terrorist, pro-slavery and anti-West are significant and not worth the gamble. 

addon. Be good, show mercy but don't be so stupid that you expose your back to those who'd kill you or invite them into your house.  Strive for peace, but don't allow people to put a knife to your throat. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

I would say no she can't return but it will be argued that she was very young when she left the UK to join IS. Basically she's a traitor and should be locked up for 25 years or longer. I don't see that being pregnant has anything to do with it and is irrelevant.

In fact people that are proven traitors against their country should be executed! I'm not nationalist but you should respect the culture you're born into or move on a find one that fits you. 

Yes, let's start executing 19 year old pregnant women.  

But I agree she shouldn't be let back to the UK - she only wants to come back because ISIS lost - had they won she might be executing innocent minorities in Syria.  Let her stay in her country of choice and make the best of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thelerner said:

No, imo, she shouldn't be let back in.  She made her bed, she should sleep in it.  She is a traitor who expresses no regrets but wants a better life with people that she'd vowed to murder and enslave. Literally.  Undoubtedly her first choice would be return to a destroyed England ruled under a strict murderous caliphate.

The odds that she raises her future children to be hateful, literally terrorist, pro-slavery and anti-West are significant and not worth the gamble. 

addon. Be good, show mercy but don't be so stupid that you expose your back to those who'd kill you or invite them into your house.  Strive for peace, but don't allow people to put a knife to your throat. 

I mean she was 15 tho. Where do you even begin blaming. 

Edited by Everything

54 minutes ago, Apech said:

Yes, let's start executing 19 year old pregnant women.  

But I agree she shouldn't be let back to the UK - she only wants to come back because ISIS lost - had they won she might be executing innocent minorities in Syria.  Let her stay in her country of choice and make the best of it.

You think a group of bearded men with knifes and lame old dusty machine guns ever stood a chance against the entire army of the entire world? How come? No wonder men with beards flocked like bee to the hive. 

Edited by Everything

13 minutes ago, Everything said:

I mean she was 15 tho. Where do you even begin blaming. 

Tha'ts a powerful point.  One mitigated, imo by not being repentant. 

There are so many millions of true victims that need help, that when it comes to a girl who romanticized a group that endorsed slavery and wholesale murder of all who aren't them.  And seemingly still does.  My compassion simply isn't that large.  Maybe it should be, but its not.  I could forgive 15 and 16 year old her, but not 17, 18 and 19 year old.  There was a level of evil, beheadings and mass slavery going on that she had to know about.  Foreign fighters and there wives were favored with the best housing and slaves. 

If she came back, all would not be forgiven.  I'd see nothing wrong with years of prison, and decades involved in communal service. 

2 minutes ago, Everything said:

You think a group of bearded men with knifes and lame old dusty machine guns ever stood a chance against the entire army of the entire world? How come? No wonder men with beards flocked like bee to the hive. 

Its not about world conquest, its about conquest of a poor war torn piece of the world.  Its about thieving and murdering your way into ownership of 1,000's of miles of land.  You should read up about ISIS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thelerner said:

Its not about world conquest, its about conquest of a poor war torn piece of the world.  Its about thieving and murdering your way into ownership of 1,000's of miles of land.  You should read up about ISIS.

So you are saying that ISIS literally ressurected a warn torn piece of the world back to life? Why? What do they get out of it. 

15 minutes ago, Everything said:

No they never stood a chance - but this is about her decision to join them and breed their children.

• Like 1

Just now, Apech said:

No they never stood a chance - but this is about her decision to join them and breed their children.

So it is illegal to have to breed children? Now I'm just confused. Foreign policies are complex. 

2 minutes ago, Everything said:

So it is illegal to have to breed children? Now I'm just confused. Foreign policies are complex. 

I didn't say it was illegal - I said she made a decision to go to Syria to support their cause.  It was her call - now she has to live with it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Tha'ts a powerful point.  One mitigated, imo by not being repentant. 

There are so many millions of true victims that need help, that when it comes to a girl who romanticized a group that endorsed slavery and wholesale murder of all who aren't them.  And seemingly still does.  My compassion simply isn't that large.  Maybe it should be, but its not.  I could forgive 15 and 16 year old her, but not 17, 18 and 19 year old.  There was a level of evil, beheadings and mass slavery going on that she had to know about.  Foreign fighters and there wives were favored with the best housing and slaves. 

If she came back, all would not be forgiven.  I'd see nothing wrong with years of prison, and decades involved in communal service. 

I don't think she'd say no to that. Except, that she says she doesn't regret a thing. Which is strange. Because you might be right she might be psycho. Or she might not regret a thing, because she literally hasn't done anything wrong. I feel sorry for the judge who would have to carry the burden of finding all of that out. 

1 minute ago, Apech said:

I didn't say it was illegal - I said she made a decision to go to Syria to support their cause.  It was her call - now she has to live with it.

Yeah that is true. But that's like saying 1+1=2. So it's infact a fact. I'm sure she can survive in syria if she already survived countless of bombs and stuff. And if not, well, then she will suffer and maybe that's a lesson for the better. Wish her the best. 

The story is too sad tho. I can't even make sense out of it.

It's a story of suicide where one gets impregnated by death itself. Paradox upon paradox. 

Yes, let her back: life imprisonment.

If you don't let her back, she'll most likely just sneak back in and cause potentially major problems. Or go terrorize somewhere else.

Also, her baby is innocent. Let her safely have her child, and then protect the child from her.

All problems solved.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Everything said:

Not to sound weird, but she respected the culture she was born in, and thus she became a jihadist. Which is part of the culture you live in. If you don't like that culture, you should move on and find one that fits you, and yes... It's not possible, because you're already part of that culture. Infact, it is the culture of the entire world.

Your men go to military training, when they don't have an enemy to fight against, what will happen. Well? What do you think? Russia will fking nuke america and america will fking pwn your tiny lttle UK and place nuclear missiles everywhere after they crush your entire country to serve as a nuclear base that gets bombed by russians 24/7. 

But to this women, she and her friends averted this danger, and even allowed for russian and american relationship and cooperation to be formed. And also the EU and Britain. She and her friends united the entire world, by sacrificing herself. Pretending to be your enemy, even tho she has the power equivalent to an ant.

And yet you are threathened by her,  because your head is so far stuck up your arse, you can hardly smell your own pride anymore. You literally bombed the sht out of every jihadist, they never had even the tiniest of chance! Do you really think that they were seriously going to dominate the world? Are you seriously that stupid? Do you really think, a group of bearded man, willing to fight for God, for the purpose of uniting humanity, and ask no question, literally became like sacrificial lambs, do you really think these people even had a tiny chance of dominating you and surpressing you? Are you really afraid? Well, good. Be afraid of these people, rather than your neighbours. Because if you fear your neighbours, you will constantly fight with them. And that wont end up good. Cause your ability to hurt eachother has been growing so far through technology, you really have to let that go. And be more forgiving.

Also, what you do with her, no one cares. She already sacrificed her life. The job is done. It's over. Succes. She avoided nuclear annihilation. She united foreign military relationships. She allowed for migration. Done. You all went up like big ol pals and went shooting dem terries. And now you're happy and satisfied. Isn't that the point in the first place? To satisfy the kill hungry. To attract more slaves into your country who will work 24/7 at your disposal for your satisfaction being their highest purpose in life. And allow for more love to flow into your country. They are literally slaves for god sakes. They literally gave their own life for your entertainment. Literally a distraction and satisfaction for your evil intentions.

Have you ever seen a sex slave on the internet? They will literally do anything in order to smell your feet. And you are afraid of a sex slave. So what does that make you? Well? I don't know... You tell me! Are you afraid of your own desires to own a sex slave? Well? I have no idea! You tell me!

I thought that this disordered nonsensical ramble was worthy of a quote. Truly they walk amongst us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chang said:

I thought that this disordered nonsensical ramble was worthy of a quote. Truly they walk amongst us!

Who walks amongst you?

10 hours ago, Everything said:

So you are saying that ISIS literally ressurected a warn torn piece of the world back to life? Why? What do they get out of it. 

Resurrection? No, they were engaged in genocide and mass rape of those who had lived in the land for centuries if not millennia. They also stole oil and sold drugs to fund their campaign.

Edited by kondensation

35 minutes ago, kondensation said:

Resurrection? No, they were engaged in genocide and mass rape of those who had lived in the land for centuries if not millennia.

So the place was not war torn as thelerner said?

Seems like a lame thing to do.

Especially knowing they are normal citizens of first world countries. 

And then suddenly decide to go full jackass mode.

People do crazy things when they go out on vacation sometimes. But this tops them all.

I've never seen anything more idiotic than this.

It's also about the money and where it comes from. 

People traced it to all over the world.

So ISIS might have been a final calling of all barbarians to gather collectively and say goodbye for good.

I guess it's one way to choose peace as a humanity together and collectively.

This is more like unify and conquer, rather than divide and conquer.

either way, it's all evil.

Maybe "God" will help clarify the actual purpose of these people. By saying, that God does not choose to remain silent for 2000 years. Because then people can finally receive a more present moment time relevant words of wisdom from God. Instead of having to rely on 2000 year old books to define every circumstance in their modern life, that has been translated over and over again, for god knows how many times. It's even a miracle we can make any sense out of it at all!

Might aswell let a child write a new book of god and choose him to be the new prophet. I think even that would have allowed for a more fruitful endeavour for these people.

This is like the warfare of archeologists. It's the most rediculous thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

And at the same time, it is a desperate attempt to come closer to God. One has to acknowledge that aswell. They might have been stupid and barbaric, but it's not like their old book taught them to be any better. And the problem is, well, God being non-physical and all. Who on earth could ever represent God. I don't see many teachers claiming to speak for God. I know Bahai faith attempted to modernize islam, and they were very very far from succesful at the time. Now they might be a bit more popular, but still, the entire world needs an update spiritually. Instead of just throwing all the old books together and make a new soup of confusion.

Because christians, well, they aren't doing so well at the moment either. As they too have to had rely on mazes of old books that only represent the thought forms of mankind, which has nothing to do with actual present moment further most expanded leading edge of thought that should be stemming directly from the Source of All creation.

People are demanding connection with God all over the world. Where is the God to answer, right? If the answer doesn't come, people will just continue to grab older and older books to find their answers. And then older yet. And then even older yet. Untill they find a message that is so unfathomably confusing, that they can make anything they wish out of it at all. And then simply blame the old book. That's not gonna help anyone either.

Edited by Everything