Sign in to follow this  
yuuichi

If I eat huge amounts of meat, dairy and salty foods over the next month, could I heal my yin deficiency?

I likely have a (kidney) yin deficiency from birth, since I have always shown symptoms of it (always being underweight, finding it hard to gain weight, always have a dry mouth, dry skin, etc), and this is what a qualified traditional chinese medicine practitioner thought I have. My diet for most of my life has always had less salt than average because I always cook homemade meals, adding only a small amount of salt.

Since it’s seasonal to have meat and salt during winter, and there is only 1 month of winter left, would having a lot of meat, dairy, salty foods and drinking a lot of warm water during this month cure my yin deficiency?

Who says you have yin deficiency, maybe you are just fine ?

Why not buy 2kg of goji berries and eat a handful a day, blend them into what you are eating.

A traditional chinese medicine practitioner says I have a kidney yin deficiency by checking my pulse and tongue.

I’ve never heard of goji berries and I doubt I’ll find them in my supermarket. 

If he's so qualified why are you on here asking if you can eat all the unhealthiest sh** in the supermarket ?

Anyway, goji berries are the easiest way of fixing this problem.

Meat isn’t unhealthy.

I saw her last year but now she doesn’t practice anymore so I can’t visit her.

Just more of food with Substance is required, and less foods that are volatile or Active.

Salt is Yin, but will draw water out of your tissues and make you dry.

Alcohol and refined sugar and drugs are all yang and can deplete minerals and Yin substance of the body.

You lose Yin minerals in buffer reactions - maintaining homeostasis when taking too much Yang stuff.

You don't specifically need meat and dairy and salt - for example, beans and seaweed, and soups, and many other better and more easily assimilated Yin foods will do. 

Dehydration also a factor with Yin deficiency, so stay hydrated with good liquids - but not ones with sugars or volatile chemicals in them - more like congee and good soups with seaweed & mineral-rich vegetables, etc.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Thanks 1

@vonkrankenhaus you say less volatile foods and more foods with substance, but aren’t most vegetables yang? And you and others also said to eat soup, but would soup be considered food with substance?

3 hours ago, yuuichi said:

aren’t most vegetables yang? And you and others also said to eat soup, but would soup be considered food with substance?

I didn't say to eat vegetables for this issue.

Substance in a simple soup is generally and mostly Water (Yin), and Minerals (Yin).

Don't make a Yang soup.

Make a broth, with seaweed, and a few bits of Yin vegetable.

Also good in some cases is small red beans, like make red bean paste with, cooked with thick seaweed until soft and not dry.

-Vonkrankenhaus

• Thanks 1

I think eating bone broth is good for kidney yin deficiency.

Also good to go to sleep at 10 pm each day.

For your information, winter is considered to be over already in Chinese Medicine. Spring started February 4th.

• Like 1

I like the bone broth idea.  And dislike the OP mention of  'a lot/huge amounts  of meat', in that it may be better balanced to try 'more' ie don't over do, but honor your instincts by having a bit more and seeing how you feel.  Not just one day but having some each day and gauging your health.  

Your post reminds me,  its time to go back to adding a runny egg to my morning porridge (currently 3/4 oat bran, 1/4 flax meal + half banana + blue berries x 3 parts water)  

Edited by thelerner

I had unbelievable results from a month on the carnivore diet. Lost 2 inches from my waist, felt absolutely incredible, more strength, headaches gone, stomach pains gone, joint pains gone. There is a big movement online of the health benefits of this way of eating and living. I'm not entirely sure of long-term effects, but as a reset diet, definitely.

3 hours ago, lifeforce said:

I had unbelievable results from a month on the carnivore diet. Lost 2 inches from my waist, felt absolutely incredible, more strength, headaches gone, stomach pains gone, joint pains gone. There is a big movement online of the health benefits of this way of eating and living. I'm not entirely sure of long-term effects, but as a reset diet, definitely.

Isn’t that just a ketogenic diet (no carbohydrates)?

2 hours ago, yuuichi said:

Isn’t that just a ketogenic diet (no carbohydrates)?

No. It is zero carb, though. Animal products only. Meat (mainly beef), eggs, butter, cheese. No vegetables, fruit or nuts. 

Edited by lifeforce

Sign in to follow this