Sign in to follow this  
Goldleaf

Identifying allergies / sensitivies, please help

Hi daobums,

Again I implore your help.  I was sleeping well, but then something happened in the room, I started getting severe reactions - dry, bloodshot eyes, nightmares, wet dreams, even though in the rest of my daily life I try to live it with my health in mind.

So I took the mattress out and didn't get those reactions.  Unfortunately, without the mattress I sleep even worse since I am unsupported.

I am beginnning to feel hopeless.  How can I figure out what it is I am reacting to, and then, how can I deal with it?  (Do I need to wear industrial gas masks while sleeping lol).

I am sick of watching my life go by while I struggle with unrestful sleep every day, walking around like a zombie.

I have tried many things: visit doctor, blood test, using air-cleaning pot plants, etc.  I feel I am simply running out of things  to try, and/or don't have the resources to try them.  

Why do we not have the friggin technology in almost the year 2020 to allow our fellow man to sleep well?  On average 3.5 million people a year die as a direct result of indoor air pollution, according to the WHO.  We should feel refreshed after spending time indoors, not fuken cancerous and sick.  I swear I would make a business creating healthy, proper, inexpensive breathing masks  for people to live and sleep, its a joke that we don';t have clean air and it makes me angry.  If anyone is interested in helping me with getting this business started, I will drive it all the way, I will help heal our fellow man I just need your backing.  Air quality indoor and outdoor is only getting worse in the future. 

Every human being should have access to clean air, clean water, and clean food.  No compromise.  Its time for a change.

Regards

GL

Edited by Goldleaf
  • Like 1

The problem is likely inside you.

Perhaps if you can begin with one type of emotional reaction and describe it in more detail, where you feel it, what it feels like and so on, be curious about  it.

Thanks kind daobums. 

\Can't open a window, it drops to freezing temps at night.

I've seen a doctor, done a sleep study, I don't have sleep apnea.  Done blood tests, I don't have any diseases or allergies as far I know.

Slept a little better last night, don't feel as frantic.  I had dreams.  If I could just understand, why some times I have good sleep and sometimes horrid (like when I wrote my first post), I could have some control over it.  I even lost my job thanks to unreliable sleep lol.   And how the f*ck does it change so easily, its so volatile. 

Anyway, perhaps a part of me secretely hoped that someone here would have some near-psychic insight into my problems and/or have some relevant experience with it, and I apologise to all you Dao Bums for approaching it this way.

I have at least made progress since a decade ago when this first happened, and I am determined to keep posting any new insights I have for posterity.

gl

For those of us allergic to mold, winter gives no respite from allergies.   Snow gets tracked in, it melts on carpeting and thus mold begins.  It can get pretty bad in cars too.  Mine was until I got rubber mats that kept ice and snow from melting on my car's carpet.  In winter I'll change the house air filter more often.  Because its mold, there may be sprays, even common Lysol that'll help kill some of it.

I'll take a short term anti-histamine at night if my eyes get itchy.  I'll also take melatonin and ZMA, which has Zinc, Magnesium and B vitamins.  I was reading ZMA tablets can lead to deeper quality sleep. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this