2ndchance

Hindu Yoga vs Daoist Qigong vs Buddhist Qigong for Energy Healers

I just recently learnt that in order to achieve Enlightenment, one must learn to Heal oneself and others in order to Heal any negative energies, trauma, abuse, emotional pains, mental diseases, physical diseases etc.

May I ask if there are any healing systems or healing teachings in Hindu Yoga? or any other forms of Hindu spiritualities?

Because I have been doing some research and it seems that there is a huge amount of healing systems, healing practices, healing teachings in Daoism like Traditional Chinese Medicine, Qigong, etc. but there isn't too much "Energy Healing" systems or teachings in Hinduism. 

Also what are the similarities or differences between Daoist Qigong vs Buddhist Qigong?

Cheers

Guest ezza

Ayurveda is something that comes to mind, India's version of TCM if I am not mistaken.

Yoga in and of itself I think was meant to "heal", yoga itself means to unify, and when one is unified, there is no-thing to "heal" or any dis-ease.

The Hatha asanas was meant to help purify the body and prepare it for the later meditative stages and "healing" of the mind and emotional bodies

The use of heal in regards to achieving Enlightenment is nice, however I'm not sure if it quite captures the essence

No idea on the difference between Daoist vs Buddhist Qi-Gong, I would assume they are both simply Qi-Gong but with an emphasis on different aspects to produce results in accordance with what one aims to achieve in their practice

24 minutes ago, ezza said:

Ayurveda is something that comes to mind, India's version of TCM if I am not mistaken.

Yoga in and of itself I think was meant to "heal", yoga itself means to unify, and when one is unified, there is no-thing to "heal" or any dis-ease.

The Hatha asanas was meant to help purify the body and prepare it for the later meditative stages and "healing" of the mind and emotional bodies

The use of heal in regards to achieving Enlightenment is nice, however I'm not sure if it quite captures the essence

No idea on the difference between Daoist vs Buddhist Qi-Gong, I would assume they are both simply Qi-Gong but with an emphasis on different aspects to produce results in accordance with what one aims to achieve in their practice

Thank you for replying ezza. The problem is I am under severe spiritual attacks on my emotions and my awareness right now which is making me feel groggy, confused, unaware, tired, sleepy as well as feeling panicky in my heart, doubtful, even fearful.

I am only focus on one system right now and I can only choose the best system for me. My guides seem to be telling me that I have energy blockages problems which are escalated by the spiritual attacks. Their best advice for me is to train myself into a system of energy healing arts like medical qigong and reiki to heal myself. 

My guides also tell me that unless I learn to heal my emotions, my minds, my bodies, it would be extremely difficult for me to attain my spiritual progress or even spiritual enlightenments. 

I asked my guides about Hindu yogas and stuff but their response seem to indicate that there isn't any much system of internal energy arts like Daoist qigong.

I was told to study terms like Neigong internal martial arts, soft martial arts, Neidan internal alchemy which practice energy cultivation, breathing, meditation, etc to get rid of my energy blockages problems brought about by spiritual attacks which are intent to shut down my positive emotions and my awareness.

I was also advised to study the teachings of Bruce Frantzis who had studied Zen, Tibetan Buddhism, yoga, Kundalini, energy healing therapies and Taoist Fire and Water traditions of Taoism in China, Japan and India.

Bruce's current teachings doesn't seem to have any Hindu yogas but seem to specialize in Taoism systems. I am not trying to put down Hinduism or yogas but my energy blockages problems right now seem and my understanding of my life goal seem to point me in the direction of Daoist Energy Healings Practices.

Please enlighten me on my limited understandings of various modalities of spiritualities.

9 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

The problem is I am under severe spiritual attacks on my emotions and my awareness right now which is making me feel groggy, confused, unaware, tired, sleepy as well as feeling panicky in my heart, doubtful, even fearful.

To be honest Qigong and the other internal arts would probably make things worse.

TCM from a good practitioner may well be of help.

But the most healing thing to do in these sorts of situations is to really focus on physical exercise.

Not lifting weights but aerobic and intense body weight conditioning type exercises. 

That would make the the biggest difference in the shortest amount of time and prepare you perfectly for any of the internal arts that you decide to pursue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndchance said:

I just recently learnt that in order to achieve Enlightenment, one must learn to Heal oneself and others in order to Heal any negative energies, trauma, abuse, emotional pains, mental diseases, physical diseases etc.

not correct most sages sat quietly

12 minutes ago, rideforever said:

not correct most sages sat quietly

well i am under severe spiritual attacks which are attacking me spiritually to rob me of my awareness and my emotions of loving kindness so my understanding is that i have to turn to daoism and chinese meditation.

this is my understanding so far.

14 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

well i am under severe spiritual attacks which are attacking me spiritually to rob me of my awareness and my emotions of loving kindness so my understanding is that i have to turn to daoism and chinese meditation.

this is my understanding so far.

Meditation or energy work will literally just add fuel to the fire. I understand you don’t want to hear this, but you’re risking your sanity. 

On the other hand, physical exercise done diligently will help immensely.

Guest ezza

Yoga speaks of prana, which can be taken as Qi. And they also have nadis, which are essentially Qi channels (ida, pingala, and sushumna channels).

Then there are also chakras, which don't quite correspond to the 3 Dan Tiens in Qi gong, however it is a similar concept (I think there is a different thing within Qi Gong that corresponds to the chakras however I can't recall them atm)

I'm not sure what you refer to when you speak of Hindu Yoga, do you mean only yoga poses, or are you taking into account the actual complete system that includes pranayama (breath work), kumbhaka (breath cessation), and meditation.

If it is the former, and only Hatha Yoga which is simply holding bodily yoga positions, then no, this isn't really energetic work. 

Otherwise if it is the complete yogic system, such as outlined in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, I don't see how that is much different to internal martial arts, they just go about things in different ways, yet the underlying principles and fundamentals are essentially the same

Regardless, why are you asking about a Hindu Nei Dan/Gong equivalent, if your guides insist you explore a different direction, why not just follow that. Considering your guides have been beneficial in the past

I would also heed the advice of freeform, some physical exercise will help to ground you, so may deep breathing meditation to calm down your nervous system. I don't know what type of spiritual attack you are under, nor have I had any prior experience with such things but I would think any type of grounding exercise would help to center you.

I think any path to Enlightenment requires "healing" or refinement and purification of the physical, emotional, and mental bodies

There a lot of cross-overs and similarities between the different systems - chi/prana - tao yin/hatha yoga - channels etc. Each  have their own deeper aspects too.

You've got to start somehere, so perhaps go with what you have access to?  Work out what you want to achieve - a calm mind and a strong body? You may have to be pragmatic and work with your circumstances.

Can't really comment on the spiritual attacks apart from suggesting living a grounded life by exercising, eating and sleeping well and  upkeeping any daily resposnibilites you may have by focusing on the here and now for the common good. Watching comedy films and developing a sense of humour also helps. Just don't get all serious and worried.

Still there's no harm in buying a protection amulet too ...

7 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

May I ask if there are any healing systems or healing teachings in Hindu Yoga? or any other forms of Hindu spiritualities?

Because I have been doing some research and it seems that there is a huge amount of healing systems, healing practices, healing teachings in Daoism like Traditional Chinese Medicine, Qigong, etc. but there isn't too much "Energy Healing" systems or teachings in Hinduism. 

Also what are the similarities or differences between Daoist Qigong vs Buddhist Qigong?

Cheers

You need to be clear in your mind about what your goal is. If Enlightenment is the goal, then I'd recommend following the yoga path - it is easier and if you don't get caught up in body-enhancement objectives (about looking good), then it is a wonderful pathway to progressively deeper meditation. You don't even need to do advanced alchemy that is associated with tantric practices.

In Hindu traditions, there are four paths that can be taken (one or any combination of the four thereof) to lead to liberation (enlightenment). The four paths are -- 

1. Karma Yoga - Selfless service
  2. Bhakti Yoga - Devotional self-surrender to a deity of choice
  3. Raja Yoga - Using combination of yogic postures, breath control and meditation, enter the state of meditative absorption (Samādhi) 
  4. Jnana Yoga - Using your intellect, cut through the misconceptions of who and what you are, to know in a flash of intuitive realization, your true nature (enlightenment). 

Depending on your personality and tendencies, one or more may work for you. For e.g., are you action oriented? Then Karma and Raja might be best for you. Are you intellect oriented, then Jnana yoga may be best for you. Does faith and love drive you? Then Bhakti might be the path for you. 

I'll be happy to discuss this more if you want it :) 

Edited by dwai

11 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

Not true. Enlightenment/Awakening/whatever can actually amplfy the things you mention. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dwai said:

You need to be clear in your mind about what your goal is. If Enlightenment is the goal, then I'd recommend following the yoga path - it is easier and if you don't get caught up in body-enhancement objectives (about looking good), then it is a wonderful pathway to progressively deeper meditation. You don't even need to do advanced alchemy that is associated with tantric practices.

In Hindu traditions, there are four paths that can be taken (one or any combination of the four thereof) to lead to liberation (enlightenment). The four paths are -- 

1. Karma Yoga - Selfless service
  2. Bhakti Yoga - Devotional self-surrender to a deity of choice
  3. Raja Yoga - Using combination of yogic postures, breath control and meditation, enter the state of meditative absorption (Samādhi) 
  4. Jnana Yoga - Using your intellect, cut through the misconceptions of who and what you are, to know in a flash of intuitive realization, your true nature (enlightenment). 

Depending on your personality and tendencies, one or more may work for you. For e.g., are you action oriented? Then Karma and Raja might be best for you. Are you intellect oriented, then Jnana yoga may be best for you. Does faith and love drive you? Then Bhakti might be the path for you. 

I'll be happy to discuss this more if you want it :) 

Hello Dwai, thank you for your teachings. I am very interested in your teachings about Raja Yoga. 

Yes I am very interested in breadth work and meditation and how they work in conjunction with yogic postures to enter the state of meditative absorption samadhi most easily.

39 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

Hello Dwai, thank you for your teachings. I am very interested in your teachings about Raja Yoga. 

Yes I am very interested in breadth work and meditation and how they work in conjunction with yogic postures to enter the state of meditative absorption samadhi most easily.

Do you already have a hatha yoga + pranayama practice? 

59 minutes ago, dwai said:

Do you already have a hatha yoga + pranayama practice? 

Can you explain your definitions of hatha yoga + pranayama practice?

I am regularly using breathing techniques in my meditations.

14 hours ago, ezza said:

Yoga speaks of prana, which can be taken as Qi. And they also have nadis, which are essentially Qi channels (ida, pingala, and sushumna channels).

Then there are also chakras, which don't quite correspond to the 3 Dan Tiens in Qi gong, however it is a similar concept (I think there is a different thing within Qi Gong that corresponds to the chakras however I can't recall them atm)

I'm not sure what you refer to when you speak of Hindu Yoga, do you mean only yoga poses, or are you taking into account the actual complete system that includes pranayama (breath work), kumbhaka (breath cessation), and meditation.

If it is the former, and only Hatha Yoga which is simply holding bodily yoga positions, then no, this isn't really energetic work. 

Otherwise if it is the complete yogic system, such as outlined in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, I don't see how that is much different to internal martial arts, they just go about things in different ways, yet the underlying principles and fundamentals are essentially the same

Regardless, why are you asking about a Hindu Nei Dan/Gong equivalent, if your guides insist you explore a different direction, why not just follow that. Considering your guides have been beneficial in the past

I would also heed the advice of freeform, some physical exercise will help to ground you, so may deep breathing meditation to calm down your nervous system. I don't know what type of spiritual attack you are under, nor have I had any prior experience with such things but I would think any type of grounding exercise would help to center you.

I think any path to Enlightenment requires "healing" or refinement and purification of the physical, emotional, and mental bodies

Hello ezza, my humble gratitude for taking the time to type out your teachings.

When I speak of Yoga, I mean the actual complete Hindu Yoga system which I place the most importance on pranayama (breath work) and meditation. 

I am not too sure about kumbhaka (breath cessation) because I have not explored that area yet.

Yes I agree with you completely that Hatha Yoga which is simply holding body yoha positions doesn't constitute energy work at all.

I have recently acquired books from Bruce Frantzis and Jerry Alan Johnson so I am studying the "Energetic Medical Qigong" aspects of their teachings.

From what I have gathered, spirituality needs to incorporate energy work or you will just be eating a plateful of rice without any side-dishes.

Maybe I am biased but the Hindu Yoga Systems even if it is the complete Yoga system of Yoga Sutras of Patanjali does not really teach the "Energetic Medical Qigong" aspect of energy healing to hindu practitioners.

To me, spiritual teachings must include energy healing teachings in its curriculum. If you just include meditation and breathing alone, it is not going to be enough.

I will study more on the teachings of Bruce Frantzis and Jerry Alan Johnson and I will share more of my revelations in the future after I study more. 

Looking forward to your understands of Hindu Yoga Ezza. Maybe there are energy healing systems in Hindu Yoga which I do not know about.

I am studying to become an Enlightened Spiritual Energy Healer so this is maybe why I am biased towards Daoism.

To be Enlightened, you must first become a Healer. A Healer to Heal yourself. A Healer to Heal others. A Healer to Heal the world.

This is my understanding of the process of Enlightenment. I was lost and confused about the process of Enlightenment but now I am beginning to understand.

My 2 cents.

Edited by 2ndchance

To rise from "inferior" to "superior" in the Taoist manner, the energy of one's body and

emotions needs to be strong and balanced. If you are ill, chi gung will provide you with a

means to become healthy; if your mind is disordered, chi gung can give you a way to attain

balanced discipline and perseverance. If you are healthy, chi gung can raise your energy

level, release suppressed talents, and prepare the body/mind/spirit to succeed in Taoist

meditation. All people are born "inferior"-it is only through great effort and genuine

humility that a person transcends. All sane people wish to be healthy and strong; all those

interested in spirituality wish to attain their true nature. In Taoism, chi gung is the first basic

method for achieving these very human goals.

6 hours ago, lifeforce said:

Not true. Enlightenment/Awakening/whatever can actually amplfy the things you mention. 

Clearing Energy Blocks

Many people involved with spiritual disciplines focus their attention on enlightenment, and

in the process injure their bodies and agitate their minds.

They attempt to train in the higher

spiritual disciplines without first clearing the energy blocks in their physical and

emotional bodies.

This way of proceeding can cause the equivalent of a short circuit in

their systems, as spiritual practices may generate more power than their bodies or minds

can handle.

Many monks from different Buddhist sects in China have had to seek out Taoist

masters to repair the damage to their systems caused by overly forceful meditation

techniques.

That is why chi gung is only a preparatory practice for Taoist meditation. Chi

gung can help calm an agitated mind and your negative emotions, strengthen the nerves,

clear energy blocks and make you healthy.

However, chi gung alone is normally insufficient to resolve and clear serious and

traumatic emotional and spiritual blockages within the deeper layers of your consciousness.

This more encompassing skill primarily belongs in the realm of Taoist meditation

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

Can you explain your definitions of hatha yoga + pranayama practice?

Hatha yoga is yogic posture work (involves asanas) and pranayama (breath work). Breath work could be as simple as alternate nostril breathing. But typically its best to start after the body has been prepared for the breath work. 

14 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

I am regularly using breathing techniques in my meditations.

Any specific ones?