Sign in to follow this  
Kubba

Rick Archer removes interviews on BATGAP based on gossip

Dear ones,

Did you know that Rick Archer, holder of the Buddha at the Gas Pump online show, removes quality interviews from his channel  because some former, dissatisfied students of those removed teachers might reported to Rick, or based on gossip about those teachers, without any investigation nor even asking both sides? It happened to Anadi, James Swartz and more, now he took down Igor Kufayev’s 2 interviews, also without any investigation whasoever.

I’m emotional because those were realy insightfull and rare interviews, and acting like that seems irresponsible, knowing that many seekers use BATGAP as a refference point when it comes to findig teachers. Moreover, posts from students of Igor are removed from Rick’s FB fanpage when they try to dismantle the situation.

How do I know? Check those blog posts from wifes of Igor and James, it is clearly stated there that there was no investigation on Rick behalf:

https://igorkufayev.blog/2019/02/09/reflections-close-to-the-teachers-home/

http://www.shiningworld.com/site/satsang/read/3245

Thank you for your suggestions, but they are irrelevant as you have noticed. You want to act like a spiritual teacher, from behind the keyboard anymously  then do as you preffer, yet do not expect I buy this. Ideally you might want to go for a training with someone who knows how to teach and has experience. If you want to be a spiritual teacher offcourse, as it appears.

And there is more to that topic I started, there is a kind of spiritual police forming tht aims at censoring spiritual teachers,  and the idea originates from this channel I’ve mentioned above. funny enough, members of the thrust are psychotherapists mainly.

https://professionalspiritualteachers.org/

Edited by Kubba

God has never been in the conditions of your life. Always, unconditional. Evermore calling you forward, to all that you want, evermore, from within yourself. 

God can never forgive you, because God has never blamed you for anything. 

Will always show you the way, that is the endless way. Of endless joy. Beyond time and beyond space. God's love for you is always unconditional. Intelligence, infinite. Wisdom, eternal. Nothing is out of question. It is all here for you. If you ask, it is given. If you look where the love and answers has always been, that you have always been seeking without, has always been and always will be waiting foryou ever more ever here and ever now. As that which is already inside of you. In your own greater non-physical consciousness. Where you already know all of everything who it is you truely are. Where God has always been waiting for you, to take who you truely are by the hand, and let God show you the way. Evermore. 

Edited by Everything

8 hours ago, Kubba said:

knowing that many seekers use BATGAP as a refference point when it comes to findig teachers.

This is why I haven't listened to BATCRAP in some time.

First off,  while I have seen a very few folks who I suspect might be genuine, most are there to make money off there books and satsangs, or personal Skype work where some charge up to $180.00 per hour.  holy cow!  hope they buy them dinner first and kiss them afterward.  :)

I had known Igor Kufayev several years ago, and had some good conversations with him, especially about unintended kundalini experiences, but later he got into the whole, "I am a spiritual teacher" thing, and I lost contact with him. 

My deepest Meeting with anyone I would call "spiritual"  was an older man in a cigar shop in New Orleans,  who just sold cigars, gum, magazines.

Turns out he was a kabbalah master,  (and I do not use that term lightly),  and knocked my socks off,  which I will not go into.

The reason I bring this person up,  is that he will never get on BATCRAP,  he has not written books,  doesn't have a bunch of needy groupies throwing money at him,  and will never get on Oprah.  Never asked me for a dime. 

This is what I have been talking about when a deep, spiritual tradition comes from somewhere else into our country, and money parasites take it, twist it,  make it a money cow,  and tend to fuck up people who are really searching for something.  Just my two cents.

• Like 1

He does not respond to anyone on those matter whom I know that contacted him, therefore I don’t see the reason. Well maybe he will change his mind. For example with John Swartz there was some gossip that he drugged and raped a teenager and that was the reason of taking the interview down, without asking the other side.

With Igor some former students passed to Rick how unhappy they are after meeting the teacher that dared to point out to them their blindspots, and that’s all, they just acted in revange. Those are reasons plus gossip.

Hard to say, looks like he freaks out as soon as there is a shadow of controversies around the teacher.

15 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

This is why I haven't listened to BATCRAP in some time.

First off,  while I have seen a very few folks who I suspect might be genuine, most are there to make money off there books and satsangs, or personal Skype work where some charge up to $180.00 per hour.  holy cow!  hope they buy them dinner first and kiss them afterward.  :)

I had known Igor Kufayev several years ago, and had some good conversations with him, especially about unintended kundalini experiences, but later he got into the whole, "I am a spiritual teacher" thing, and I lost contact with him. 

My deepest Meeting with anyone I would call "spiritual"  was an older man in a cigar shop in New Orleans,  who just sold cigars, gum, magazines.

Turns out he was a kabbalah master,  (and I do not use that term lightly),  and knocked my socks off,  which I will not go into.

The reason I bring this person up,  is that he will never get on BATCRAP,  he has not written books,  doesn't have a bunch of needy groupies throwing money at him,  and will never get on Oprah.  Never asked me for a dime. 

This is what I have been talking about when a deep, spiritual tradition comes from somewhere else into our country, and money parasites take it, twist it,  make it a money cow,  and tend to fuck up people who are really searching for something.  Just my two cents.

Well, if a teacher does the teaching as the only job hard to blame him that it is hos income. Bills need to be paid, taxes etc. Noone lives out of eating air and sungazing alone, even your Kabballah teacher need to pay the bills, and it happends that some hold the space of a teacher while others sell in shops and don’t want to go to teach publicly, as it takes some degree of courage and responsiblility, and more. Or simply don’t want to do that.

Edited by Kubba

1 minute ago, Kubba said:

Well, if a teacher does the teaching as the only job hard to blame him that it is hos income. Bills need to be paid, taxes etc. Noone lives out of eating air and sungazing alone, even your Kabballah teacher need to pay the bills, and it happends that some take the space of a teacher while others sell in shops and don’t want to go to teach publicly, as it takes some degree of courage and responsiblility, and more.

yeah, heard this argument before from teachers who charge money.  The Kabballah guy was making a living working in a shop,  different from milking money for spiritual teachings, but that is just my view.  after all, I am not going to change a dam thing. :) I remember another spiritual teacher a long time ago, who said, 

"

Matthew 10:8 New International Version (NIV)

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

yeah, heard this argument before from teachers who charge money.  The Kabballah guy was making a living working in a shop,  different from milking money for spiritual teachings, but that is just my view.  after all, I am not going to change a dam thing. :) I remember another spiritual teacher a long time ago, who said, 

"

Matthew 10:8 New International Version (NIV)

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Sounds like you give freely or it is just easy to say? 

I totally agree with you that earning money on someones suffering and out of greed is not genuine at all. Does not mean that we should brush everyone with the same brush

3 minutes ago, Kubba said:

Sounds like you give freely or it is just easy to say

Not a spiritual teacher, don't want to be. 

Started working in my Pa's welding shop at 12 years old,  went to college, retired from local University about a year ago,  so yes,  I actually worked for a living.

Do I give free?  well it would not be giving, if it weren't free, so yeah.

Paint everyone with same brush?

has nothing to do with discussion.  I mentioned that BATGAP had in my opinion ,  a FEW folks who I thought were being real,  but the majority I have seen were full of shit in my view.  But that is just my take, could be full of shit myself.

Look, if you want to watch this show, knock yourself out, hope it works for you, if you want to follow a popular guru or spiritual enlightened saint who charges you money,  then I also hope that works for you and you obtain what you are looking for.  just giving my two cents for what it is worth, (probably less than two cents)  :)

8 hours ago, Kubba said:

Dear ones,

Well Khubbla, I thinks that's great news.

Buddhas are not people you collect on a youtube channel because they are "interesting".

And any teacher who is taken down will be counting his lucky stars that the stream of effluent students has stopped.

I have noticed that some high-minded teachers tried out BATGP, and then after that never ever appeared on youtube again, and quit all social media ... so for them it'll be good.

The only real spirituality is taught one on one.

And if you will not waste this life, I would choose one, meet them one to one, and follow until you no longer breathe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rideforever said:

I would choose one, meet them one to one, and follow until you no longer breathe

Or until he/she removes your training wheels and sets you on your way. 

The reason to take Igor’s interviews down was that Rick judged him as an abuser, based on former student’s  accusations, without even checking his side for explanations this is what he said. Furthermore, he suggested publically to him that he go to a therapist. So it is not about money or loosing income, but witch hunt of a kind. I know it can sound funny to you, guys, and some even are amused by it.

I brought this topic because I’ve witnessed those ex students behaviour that was pointed out by the teacher, he even suggested them to leave and introspect. But they choosen the revange, and Rick simply revards such attitude in this case.

this is actually what happends, a twisted understanding of the dynamics, and placing the teacher in the same basket as rapists and other abusers. So imagine a teacher with kids and wife, a regular family and a normal houshold put in such position by Rick.

Edited by Kubba

Judgements aside.... from a business standpoint, I’m sure BATGAP owns the rights to the interviews, and can do whatever he wants with them. 

No doubt about that, yet inevitably he puts himself in a judge possition. It just makes his program out of integrity, as he placed himself in a public mission, not „this is my bussiness, I will do whatever pleases me and ny sense of good and bad”.

Edited by Kubba

On 12.02.2019 at 12:54 PM, Fa Xin said:

Judgements aside.... from a business standpoint, I’m sure BATGAP owns the rights to the interviews, and can do whatever he wants with them. 

Actually, BATGAP is a non-profit organisation. So it is not necessary only whar Rick wats or not I believe. Act of censorsip of some not politically correct teachers and lobbying others might not be best idea. Lobbying political groups by non profit organisation is forbidden by law. So what is the difference between lobbying politician ot lobbying a teacher, lobbying is lobbying.

censorship always was and will be a way to remove some uncomfortable people.

a serious tv station or a newspaper if receives accusations that could be true is obligated to investigate and check on both ends. If anything is hidden, a producer can end up in a jail and that actually happends. Thus arguments that Archer can do whatwver he wants to you can put into a trash bin, since he aims to inform people, as it is in his status. Informing is journalism and there are above mentioned ethics, yet he removes not comfortable teachers from his channel, which is act of censorship.

he justifies it with preventional censorship, as it is only way to justify his actions yet does not provide exact explanation.

One way or the other he promotes some, and others he censor

Edited by Kubba

I don’t get what the fuss is about.

If you like these teachers that have been removed from one media channel, just follow them on another one.

Or are you upset coz they don’t get to reach as wide an audience through other channels? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, freeform said:

I don’t get what the fuss is about.

If you like these teachers that have been removed from one media channel, just follow them on another one.

Or are you upset coz they don’t get to reach as wide an audience through other channels? 

Sure, it is as if CNN removed some important news from their program, pretending that nothing have happened. Say information on WWC being hit  by airplane. And if you asked them why they did not speak about it, they would tell you that it is not certain wht have happened so they won’t publish any information. And imagine that that’s the only tv station out there :).

Sign in to follow this