Jim D.

Need to categorize?

As I was reading someone's post on their stress over a diagnosis given over from a practitioner of the healing arts, a personal story came to mind. Early in the 90's I was teaching in a prison. A student came to class and asked me if her friend could have a seat next to her. She and her friend seated themselves at the front of the class. This student soon raised their hand and asked if I had a problem with her friend taking the seat next to her. You see, her friend was an invisible rabbit. I replied that I had no problem with her rabbit friend occupying the seat next to her as long as the rabbit gave up its seat, if another student came in and needed somewhere to sit. You see delusional thoughts only become a problem when it violates the rights of others. If the rabbit friend is that person's normal than so be it. But if that person wants the rabbit to drive my car or teach the class, then we have a problem.

Jim D.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim D. said:

You see delusional thoughts only become a problem when it violates the rights of others. If the rabbit friend is that person's normal than so be it. But if that person wants the rabbit to drive my car or teach the class, then we have a problem.

wow. interesting.  how do  you know that she had delusional thoughts? 

walk me through this.  I mean in a real scientific way.  to make an analogy,  if one ask me how a computer works, I can go from boolen logic, to hexadecimal to basic language, then to the hardware such as tethrahedalicly bound amophous semi conductors, to TLL (Transistor Transistor logic), or now days, PLC  (Program logic control), to something folks jack off to on their  display. 

so in that vein,  walk me through how you map the brain, to determine that this woman is sick or crazy, or delusional. Or maybe this is something you learned in a book, and have never had direct experience with.  have you ever seen something that most people would say, "It is an illusion" or not there"?  have you ever heard voices that no one else ever heard? or is this just a belief that you learned?

not saying this is good or bad. 

just rhetorical question for both you and me, to sit with.  It is always good for me to challenge my beliefs. 

Good response. How did she take it?

Working with “disorders” like that takes a very delicate hand. 

3 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Working with “disorders” like that takes a very delicate hand. 

Indeed, but working with "normal" people takes a surgeons  hand.  :)

• Like 1

Just now, Zen Pig said:

Indeed, but working with "normal" people takes a surgeons  hand.  :)

Agreed. I don’t like the nomenclature either. But having worked with both, I can say one is much easier than the other. 😊

Just now, Fa Xin said:

Agreed. I don’t like the nomenclature either. But having worked with both, I can say one is much easier than the other. 😊

yes. I worked in health care and research for years.  back in the day,   I had to crawl up into the ceiling vents to bring out a necked young woman who crawled up into the interstitial space and talk to her/ help her out.  she was covered with shit........... so yes, but then again who was really crazy? her or the guy crawling up to pull her out because I got money for it. after all, she was not hurting or harmed, she just wanted out, and covered herself with shit so we would stay away,   I would have done the same thing on reflection.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

yes. I worked in health care and research for years.  back in the day,   I had to crawl up into the ceiling vents to bring out a necked young woman who crawled up into the interstitial space and talk to her/ help her out.  she was covered with shit........... so yes, but then again who was really crazy? her or the guy crawling up to pull her out because I got money for it. after all, she was not hurting or harmed, she just wanted out, and covered herself with shit so we would stay away,   I would have done the same thing on reflection.

Yes, the lines start to blur after a while. Maybe that’s why we’re on this forum. 😊

• Like 1

If someone is delusional there is a possibility of truth. For instance, a person might say I think that someone is watching me, and they seek help because they are distressed and would like to sort it out because someone is urging them too, or this delusion is driving them crazy. The intervention in this matter is to help this person either prove or disprove their feeling or perception. The issue is that this belief could be occupying their time to the detriment of other life areas. Now the student either was testing me for a reaction or believed she had a rabbit friend next to her. Hover,  the rabbit never interrupted class or carried on a conversation with her. If that had occurred I would have engaged the CO and had her transferred to Mental Health inside the prison in order to be assessed. The authority for this provisional diagnosis is found in the DSM-5 and personal experiences in the field, coupled with the University I attended educational requirements. 

Jim D.

Sounds like religion and all the problems that can cause? 

You know how it goes, first you're asked to take your shoes off then it's put this on then sit on that and drink this and before you know it you're rabbit food!!!! :lol: 

But seriously I try to avoid categories as they're addictive and detrimental to ones health. 

zajko.png

But it happens through the agreement of the individual. You would just ask them. Do you find it good if I categorize you mentally? In order to transfer you possibly to a mental facility rather than prison? Is that something you would prefer? 

But since it is a group meeting, well, I woulden't lay all the responsibility on yourself alone. 

Edited by Everything

16 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

Sounds like religion and all the problems that can cause? 

You know how it goes, first you're asked to take your shoes off then it's put this on then sit on that and drink this and before you know it you're rabbit food!!!! :lol: 

But seriously I try to avoid categories as they're addictive and detrimental to ones health. 

zajko.png

Hahahahahaahaaa you guys xD

Look, wait hold one... One second... 

I just petted my imaginary rabbit. All is good. I will vouch for you guys, when this rabbit becomes the emporer of the cuddleverse. Yeah... That's how he calls the universe. 

• Haha 1

Everytime I feel love, I have literal non-physical experiences. Things happen in my life. Synchronistically. That just are impossible. The odds are one a billion.

It is one thing to imagine that. But to see a direct physical pathway towards something? Precognance. I don't even see an image. Literally, an awareness of something that is simply ineffable. Because there is no words that exist yet to describe it. But it has undoubtful effect in my ability to navigate physical reality energy line trajectories. 

If I had to describe it, maybe the word holographic awareness. Or fractaline consciousness. Of some sorts. 

The perspective is so alien. Just cannot use an english word at all. It would just be pointing into the direction of the actual word that does not exist yet. 

Edited by Everything

1 hour ago, Everything said:

Everytime I feel love, I have literal non-physical experiences. Things happen in my life. Synchronistically. That just are impossible. The odds are one a billion.

It is one thing to imagine that. But to see a direct physical pathway towards something? Precognance. I don't even see an image. Literally, an awareness of something that is simply ineffable. Because there is no words that exist yet to describe it. But it has undoubtful effect in my ability to navigate physical reality energy line trajectories. 

If I had to describe it, maybe the word holographic awareness. Or fractaline consciousness. Of some sorts. 

The perspective is so alien. Just cannot use an english word at all. It would just be pointing into the direction of the actual word that does not exist yet. 

in simpler terms that is just "somebody up there watching out for you"  even if "they" are right under our nose.

Just now, 3bob said:

in simpler terms that is just "somebody up there watching out for you"  even if "they" are right under our nose.

Yeah that is true. So true. 

When I feel love, I can literally see all the value of all the people around me. And it moves around in perfect unison. Just for the moment of my existance. And my recognition of everyone around me, spiralling around me, into perfect orbit, of their highest purpose and value and meaning in all that their life is forevermore. Even spiralling outward beyond their life.