Fa Xin

Mystical Christian Thread

2 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

Jeff,

Do you mind going a little deeper into these two verses?

What is meant by many mansions and preparing a place for you in the first section.

In the second what is meant by I go unto my Father when he is already one with the Father?

Sure.  He is saying that there are many dimensions (and also pocket universes) within the broader "oneness" that is perceptional reality.  Preparing a place is sharing space to allow access.

He is describing leaving the physical form to more fully integrate/manifest as a greater aspect of father.  Specifically, kind becoming the broader network of human integration (son of the father) making things more accessible.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Sure.  He is saying that there are many dimensions (and also pocket universes) within the broader "oneness" that is perceptional reality.  Preparing a place is sharing space to allow access.

He is describing leaving the physical form to more fully integrate/manifest as a greater aspect of father.  Specifically, kind becoming the broader network of human integration (son of the father) making things more accessible.

human integration... like heart to heart connections or more a oneness sense?  

Accessible?  Means to allow more to access this ? 

Prior to Jesus (or even since), could you say who else has helped this path (I know this is not a mystical christian question but seems of interest given the idea you present) ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dawei said:

human integration... like heart to heart connections or more a oneness sense?  

Accessible?  Means to allow more to access this ? 

Prior to Jesus (or even since), could you say who else has helped this path (I know this is not a mystical christian question but seems of interest given the idea you present) ? 

More a Oneness sense.  Yes, easier to access/realize.  Many realized beings have helped with it.  Every realization makes it a little easier for the rest.

• Like 2

I've read a few esoteric Christian books, titles I cannot remember! This is the gist of what I read; Adam(Jesus' first incarnation) and Eve(maybe the first of Mary Magdelenes'  incarnations?)in the Garden Of Eden, where the Bible tells us Eve was tricked by Satan into eating the apple of good and evil. What really happened was Eve was seduced by Satan resulting in the birth of Cain(wonder what the Land of Nod was like!!! & who created those folk?!). If memory serves me right thats the gist of it. I wonder what drugs the writers were experimenting with!!!

Then we have astrotheology.

Jesus = Sun

12 Disciples = the 12 houses of the Zodiac

I would suggest anyone interested in astrotheology watch Bill Donahue's You Tube videos.

6 hours ago, gentlewind said:

I've read a few esoteric Christian books, titles I cannot remember! This is the gist of what I read; Adam(Jesus' first incarnation) and Eve(maybe the first of Mary Magdelenes'  incarnations?)in the Garden Of Eden, where the Bible tells us Eve was tricked by Satan into eating the apple of good and evil. What really happened was Eve was seduced by Satan resulting in the birth of Cain(wonder what the Land of Nod was like!!! & who created those folk?!). If memory serves me right thats the gist of it. I wonder what drugs the writers were experimenting with!!!

Then we have astrotheology.

Jesus = Sun

12 Disciples = the 12 houses of the Zodiac

I would suggest anyone interested in astrotheology watch Bill Donahue's You Tube videos.

Very interesting perspective! Thank you for sharing. It’s not quite how I see it myself - but I like how you’re thinking outside the box. 

I tend to think of Jesus as a sun - more of a spiritual sun that radiates light. 

Cheers!

Edited by Fa Xin

Here's a good verse about "inner knowing"

"When he was alone, those who were around him along with the twelve asked him about the parables. And he said to them, "To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside, everything occurs in parables; in order that 'they may indeed look, but not perceive, and may listen, but not understand; so that they may not turn again and be forgiven.'" Mark 4:10-12

• Like 2

I thought that the following might be offensive to some so I hesitated to post it, however because I got a like in advance:

Spoiler

Romans 9:27 And Isaiah/Esaias cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved

:)

Edited by mrpasserby
added content
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

I thought that the following might be offensive to some so I hesitated to post it, however because I got a like in advance:

Hide contents

Romans 9:27 And Isaiah/Esaias cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved

Interesting selection. What’s your take/interpretation on this?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Interesting selection. What’s your take/interpretation on this?

The writers: Isiah and Paul were trying to give their audience a Wake up call. In my experience and training the wake up call has always been to become something.

Edited by mrpasserby
removed unclear comment
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

Very true because how can you save a mask, which is what most people are.  Masks aren't real.

Or is it ?  Paul had a fat mouth and .... and it was always fat whether what came out of it was anti-Christianity or Christianity.

You see these threats in every tradition, Buddhism certainly, threats and threats and threats, followed by a whole lot of ass kissing about the one and only incomparable Buddha-Christ .... please stop the madness.

There is not much useful in all that.

Having never been forced ever to go to Church in my life, I can perhaps consider what all those things people do in there actually mean, in reality.

Communion, body and blood, why you drink it ?  You do that because you (meaning we) and stupid dumb monkeys, and by putting things in our mouth and swallowing them we have a small chance of getting the message of putting the light inside of us and swallowing it.

Also kneeling and crossing yourself is like Zhan Zhuang with a bit of heart meridien and a mudra on the hand if you do it the proper way with 1.5 fingers.

Jesus's message is ... "everything is Golden", but you ... you know what your problem is .... you don't see what you see nor hear what you hear ... so ... stop doing that.   That's a summary.

Please save me from anyone's writings on Christianity of any sort.   It's done now, go home.

I do believe that A Course in Miracles (the original one for godsakes, what's wrong with everyone) ... is a true reflection of Jesus.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rideforever said:

Also kneeling and crossing yourself is like Zhan Zhuang with a bit of heart meridien and a mudra on the hand if you do it the proper way with 1.5 fingers.

Never heard this view, interesting. Thanks :) Any link or image to the "proper" way? 

40. Jesus said, "A grapevine has been planted apart from the Father. Since it is not strong, it will be pulled up by its root and will perish."

What's the grapevine in this verse?

21 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Never heard this view, interesting. Thanks :) Any link or image to the "proper" way? 

Well, unfortunately things have been totally totally degenerated.   In the Russian Orthodox church there was a change in the Sign of the Cross about 200 years ago which once again messed it up, but it is preserved in the "Old Believers".

Basically two fingers, with second finger at half mast.   

(this was later corrupted to three fingers together)

And it was originally said with the Jesus Prayer.   

( before changed to be said with the vanity  Trinity)

In terms of direction I believe it goes forehead down to Dantien, then right shoulder then to the left shoulder ending once again at the right shoulder, but I am unsure.   If it ended on the heart it would be only 1.5 horizontal and unbalanced, and also too much emotional heart energy.   If it does not descend all the way to the Dantien then it is unbalanced, but as people have lost their groundedness they probably didn't go down so far.   Eventually it will be reduced to just the forehead, i.e. just the ego, and will not even descend to the heart.   Possibly they will cross themselves will dollar bills in another two hundred years.

If you look at the three barred cross it shows I believe the inner structure of the soul.  Head - Heart - Dantien.   Showing the 3 centres of identity of the central channel, more or less.

The reason the bottom bar is slanted (as if entering a hidden doorway), is that the Dantien is a hidden doorway.

Of all this ... it is difficult to be certain.

cross a.jpg

cross.png

cross b.jpg

cross c.jpg

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

Also standing on the knees in church, this is akin to a Taoist practice of knee walking used to activate the kidneys.

And I also thought that standing in the corner like a dunce might once have worked like Zhan Zhuang, although degenerated.

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

40. Jesus said, "A grapevine has been planted apart from the Father. Since it is not strong, it will be pulled up by its root and will perish."

What's the grapevine in this verse?

That's a very challenging verse given:

John 15:1:  (New Living Translation) 

“I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener."

and why not John 15:2:

He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.

Yet earlier in John 10:9, "I am the vine".

So, maybe apostates.. or Judas like folks ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

That's a very challenging verse given:

John 15:1:  (New Living Translation) 

“I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener."

and why not John 15:2:

He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.

Yet earlier in John 10:9, "I am the vine".

So, maybe apostates.. or Judas like folks ?

Great quotes and clues. Thanks...

One thing that sticks out for me is the line in the Thomas verse, "apart from the father..."  Maybe there are two grapevines? One that is tended by the father, and one that is not.

I am drawn to this verse, also from the Gospel of Thomas:

76. Jesus said, "The Father's kingdom is like a merchant who had a supply of merchandise and found a pearl. That merchant was prudent; he sold the merchandise and bought the single pearl for himself.

So also with you, seek his treasure that is unfailing, that is enduring, where no moth comes to eat and no worm destroys."

Perhaps the grapevine that is apart from the Father is the world, which is impermanent, unlike the "treasure" that is enduring.

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Could this verse be about sharing the light? 

23 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Great quotes and clues. Thanks...

One thing that sticks out for me is the line in the Thomas verse, "apart from the father..."  Maybe there are two grapevines? One that is tended by the father, and one that is not.

I am drawn to this verse, also from the Gospel of Thomas:

76. Jesus said, "The Father's kingdom is like a merchant who had a supply of merchandise and found a pearl. That merchant was prudent; he sold the merchandise and bought the single pearl for himself.

So also with you, seek his treasure that is unfailing, that is enduring, where no moth comes to eat and no worm destroys."

Perhaps the grapevine that is apart from the Father is the world, which is impermanent, unlike the "treasure" that is enduring.

Yes, I get two vines.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Could this verse be about sharing the light? 

I was pruning yesterday... cutting off branches that were withering... hoping they will grow back.

I can see an indirect idea of sharing light... like, you help that part that is not growing and help it grow.  

As you know, sharing light is basically giving space for something to grow (or expand).   So I do think this can be effected in a multitude of ways. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dawei said:

I was pruning yesterday... cutting off branches that were withering... hoping they will grow back.

I can see an indirect idea of sharing light... like, you help that part that is not growing and help it grow.  

As you know, sharing light is basically giving space for something to grow (or expand).   So I do think this can be effected in a multitude of ways. 

Thanks, I agree. 

The way I saw it relate to light was, the pruning is expansion so ability to provide more space. The cutting off being if we don’t use it you lose it...

but your right, it can be interpreted differently

• Like 1

95. [Jesus said], "If you have money, don't lend it at interest. Rather, give [it] to someone from whom you won't get it back." -Gospel of Thomas

• Like 1

His disciples said to him, "Twenty-four prophets spoke in Israel, and all of them spoke in you."

He said to them, "You have omitted the one living in your presence and have spoken (only) of the dead." Gospel of Thomas 52.

• Like 1

Just now, Fa Xin said:

His disciples said to him, "Twenty-four prophets spoke in Israel, and all of them spoke in you."

He said to them, "You have omitted the one living in your presence and have spoken (only) of the dead." Gospel of Thomas 52.

I interpret this to mean, "the living one in your presence" is the idea that the spirit and power of God is here and now.

The disciples were "looking to the past", even though they were right about the number of prophets, and that they embodied the Holy Spirit that is (within) Jesus...  

Seems like it is a gentle redirection by Jesus to remind us to focus on the living presence that surrounds us, and moves within and through us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

I interpret this to mean, "the living one in your presence" is the idea that the spirit and power of God is here and now.

The disciples were "looking to the past", even though they were right about the number of prophets, and that they embodied the Holy Spirit that is (within) Jesus...  

Seems like it is a gentle redirection by Jesus to remind us to focus on the living presence that surrounds us, and moves within and through us.

I would also add that he is talking about himself in this verse. In the first sentence they are saying that Jesus speaks the words of the past prophets (spoke in you).  But, Jesus brings a new covenant (realization/understanding), and is saying pay attention now (and to him), and dont focus on old (and now dead) words/teachings.

• Like 1