Fa Xin

Mystical Christian Thread

1 minute ago, Dynasty said:

I've only studied Christianity for maybe two years now. I don't think I'm to the point of having favorite verses.  However, what resonates the most about Christianity with me is the theme that, "The kingdom of God is within you". 

Yes, one of my favorite themes also. Thanks :)

I just found this tonight while browsing the forum. Had never noticed it before, almost 9 years old, but I enjoyed it and hope you do too. 

• Thanks 2

On 2/8/2019 at 4:51 PM, Fa Xin said:

22. Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom." 

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?" 

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

It means morphing from the physical realm into the next higher realm. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

It means morphing from the physical realm into the next higher realm. :)

Thanks. What’s the next higher realm for you?

• Like 1

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” John 7:38

• Like 1

That was an interesting interview with the Christian Monk. 

But I do wonder why/when this element of Christianity was lost/hidden in the Western world? Was it just happenstance or a concerted effort. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

That was an interesting interview with the Christian Monk. 

But I do wonder why/when this element of Christianity was lost/hidden in the Western world? Was it just happenstance or a concerted effort. 

Maybe a bit of both.  I have a feeling a lot of blame is falling on the early Church leaders also wielding political power.  Spirituality is corrupted when used as a tool to control the masses.

I had a friend ask me once, "There must be some priests who know about this stuff (meaning enlightenment and awareness etc), why would they bother to join the Church ? (which seems so far removed?)".....  My reply was based on my own situation... "I know a lot of western medicine is bad, yet I'm studying to be a nurse... perhaps it's because they go where they can do the most good."

I personally think an inner relationship with Jesus is the most effective tool in the tradition... the more someone opens to that connection, the more they will understand the teachings.  I think of it like this:  The light of God is in us all, but is obscured by our own stuff like ego and karma, therefor, hard for us to see.  By forming a link with Jesus, we have direct access to that light.  Being aware of that feeling on a daily basis, it allows us to recognize that same feeling within ourselves.  The meaning of "one in Christ" takes on a new dimension from there.

So very possible, using the method above, to find our way just through our own meditations and prayer. But it gets confusing as the Church seems to make it much more complicated then it is. :)

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” John 7:38

I agree this is a very important and powerful verse.  Transmitting energy from the heart is a huge first step...

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 6:13 PM, Fa Xin said:

Cool view. What about the verse you quoted? Can you go into more details, regarding the full wisdom? Also what do they mean by close and open?

i believe there is a guardian aspect to this, namely what a guardian closes stays closed or sealed until they open it...

• Like 2

there is a strong tendency to put Jesus on a pedestal...which is not where he is or wants to be held....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

I agree this is a very important and powerful verse.  Transmitting energy from the heart is a huge first step...

Yes agreed here.  Heart is key. Also maybe why Jesus is shown with his "Sacred heart" in paintings.

I also interpret that verse as one who is with the Holy Spirit is able to share that with others.

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 3bob said:

there is a strong tendency to put Jesus on a pedestal...which is not where he is or wants to be held....

Very interesting statement.  Why do you think that? 

Also, what do you think of the verses that seem to say something different?

Say John 14:6 for example. "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Say John 14:6 for example. "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I assume you know the answer to your question.

• Like 1

My take on the bible readings about this subject, he was there setting the example of how to act, and so the expectation is that those who enter his kingdom or come to his father will get there only Through following his example.

The mystic view:

Edited by mrpasserby
add content
  • Like 2

He is say a lot in that statement, but I think it is important to put in context of the broader chapter.  In it, he is talking about his leaving this physical plane of existence.  The chapter context below...

John 14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

1Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3bob said:

I assume you know the answer to your question.

Haha, I may... but just curious as to your view on it. Also will be good for others reading to have a dialogue, rather than just me talking to myself. 

Edited by Fa Xin

46 minutes ago, Jeff said:

He is say a lot in that statement, but I think it is important to put in context of the broader chapter.  In it, he is talking about his leaving this physical plane of existence.  The chapter context below...

John 14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

1Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Thanks Jeff...

This whole verse is worth a long study in many ways. 

Seems he is saying, the Fathers kingdom is already inside of us (and we in it)... even saying to Philip, “You still don’t get it do you?” :)

Jeff what’s your take on verse 3? 

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrpasserby said:

My take on the bible readings about this subject, he was there setting the example of how to act, and so the expectation is that those who enter his kingdom or come to his father will get there only Through following his example.

The mystic view:

Very cool... so his example like how he acts? Or something more?

5 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Thanks Jeff...

This whole verse is worth a long study in many ways. 

Seems he is saying, the Fathers kingdom is already inside of us (and we in it)... even saying to Philip, “You still don’t get it do you?” :)

Jeff what’s your take on verse 3? 

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus is "one with the father" and being Christ is sort of like the universal representation of "oneness" (or the "One" in taoism). So all humans are sort of like a "subset" of that broader universal oneness.  From the Jesus perspective it is like everyone is found inside of his heart, and he is able to share that space/light/oneness with everyone directly.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, Fa Xin said:

From the Lord's Prayer:

"Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us" Matthew 6:12

This line is a deep teaching.  It tells us that we have an innate power inside of us. To activate this power, we need to send it out to others.

Don't forget the first part... to yourself :)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dawei said:

Don't forget the first part... to yourself :)

Very true. thank you. 

For what is Gods forgiveness, if not forgiving ourselves. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeff said:

............................................................................................

Jeff,

Do you mind going a little deeper into these two verses?

What is meant by many mansions and preparing a place for you in the first section.

In the second what is meant by I go unto my Father when he is already one with the Father?

• Like 3