Fa Xin

Mystical Christian Thread

6 hours ago, 3bob said:

again, in certain cases among humans, (although not with the money changers in temple grounds, or with the Pharisees, etc. ) Btw. are you seriously forgetting the Book of Revelations...with the wrath of God and heaven falling upon evil, thus no  more forgiveness or love there,  and the King of Kings and his Angles do not turn the other cheek in that horrific war beyond human knowing.

I think you are misunderstanding the nature and teaching of Revelations.  In Greek, the meaning of the word is “to reveal”, and not the end of the world. Maybe think of it more like an astral vision of an obscured mind leading to a clearer vision of the nature of God. The “new world” that arises when one comes to walk with Christ.

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:1-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It is all about clearing out the crap, and finding that “pure river” that is clear as crystal that comes with God and oneness in Christ.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

What do you think “evil” is referring to , in the book of revelations? Is it actual beings? Or think the book is symbolic of something else?

So yes there is the internal war within oneself...on the other hand and of course there are actual beings of all kinds, heavenly and hellish, angles and demons, etc. who are at war and have  been for unknown numbers of ages.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I think you are misunderstanding the nature and teaching of Revelations.  In Greek, the meaning of the word is “to reveal”, and not the end of the world. Maybe think of it more like an astral vision of an obscured mind leading to a clearer vision of the nature of God. The “new world” that arises when one comes to walk with Christ.

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:1-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It is all about clearing out the crap, and finding that “pure river” that is clear as crystal that comes with God and oneness in Christ.

umm, that is after the climax of the horrific war,  with certain beings being assigned to eternal damnation and wherever being thrown into the lake of fire comes in per said revelation.  Thus there is no loving reconciliation there per the Bible;  Btw. we also have like 10,000 Christian sects, New Agers , and all sorts of self-proclaimed esoteric interpreters of the Bible and its meanings...bottom line though is a non-reconcilable heaven and hell per the Bible.  Thus wana-be guru's and dabblers platitudes and summations are not of or found in the Bible.  

18 minutes ago, 3bob said:

umm, that is after the climax of the horrific war,  with certain beings being assigned to eternal damnation and wherever being thrown into the lake of fire comes in per said revelation.  Thus there is no loving reconciliation there per the Bible;  Btw. we also have like 10,000 Christian sects, New Agers , and all sorts of self-proclaimed esoteric interpreters of the Bible and its meanings...bottom line though is a non-reconcilable heaven and hell per the Bible.  Thus wana-be guru's and dabblers platitudes and summations are not of or found in the Bible.  

I'd say its more about looking within one's own heart and discovering the truth for themselves.  Any "platitude" or "summation" is just a finger pointing the way.  Up to the individual to decide what's right for them.  If you want to think of "King Jesus throwing the sinners into flames", that's up to you. :D I would think the inner interpretations would be enjoyed more on this forum? Maybe I'm wrong...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 3bob said:

Rather than listen to all of those people, why not simply actually read the words of Jesus...

Luke 17: 20-21

20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Heaven is not some random place with angels and devils fighting for it, as Jesus clearly states it is found within you. And your body is the holy temple that leads to it. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

I'd say its more about looking within one's own heart and discovering the truth for themselves.  Any "platitude" or "summation" is just a finger pointing the way.  Up to the individual to decide what's right for them.  If you want to think of "King Jesus throwing the sinners into flames", that's up to you. :D I would think the inner interpretations would be enjoyed more on this forum? Maybe I'm wrong...

umm, Jesus is called the "King of Kings" in the Bible but if that doesn't fit in with various levels of "New Age" thinking or the esoteric in-crowd then lets just toss it out, for its kind of an inconvenient sounding truth.  Anyway Bible quoters can't cherry pick verses and meanings from the Bible and then turn around and also deny many of its basic precepts and still honestly claim that tradition and its teachings as where they are coming from.   Btw, heaven is both within and without, thus denial of its without aspect (as a name) is half-baked.

6 minutes ago, 3bob said:

umm, Jesus is called the "King of Kings" in the Bible but if that doesn't fit in with various levels of "New Age" thinking or the esoteric in-crowd then lets just toss it out, for its kind of an inconvenient sounding truth.  Anyway Bible quoters can't cherry pick verses and meanings from the Bible and then turn around and also deny many of its basic precepts and still honestly claim that tradition and its teachings as where they are coming from.   Btw, heaven is both within and without, thus denial of its without aspect (as a name) is half-baked.

I’m not sure what New Age stuff you mean? This is more Gnostic view which is quite old. Much different than new age from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

I really don't understand why people decide to come into threads just to disparage teachings and belief systems. Having questions is one thing. To say it is all B.S. without adding any value is just disrespectful to everyone involved.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

I really don't understand why people decide to come into threads just to disparage teachings and belief systems. Having questions is one thing. To say it is all B.S. without adding any value is just disrespectful to everyone involved.

Yes, the thread clearly says “mystical”... which legally allows us to say whatever we want and get away with it without repercussions or excommunication from the Church. :D

All joking aside, I enjoy the banter. Many people see the Bible in only one way... I’d like to think an alternate view is good for the soul, at least to show that the teachings go deeper than just Fire and Brimstone and shake up concepts.  It also allows me to search deeper as well. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Yes, the thread clearly says “mystical”... which legally allows us to say whatever we want and get away with it without repercussions or excommunication from the Church. :D

All joking aside, I enjoy the banter. Many people see the Bible in only one way... I’d like to think an alternate view is good for the soul, at least to show that the teachings go deeper than just Fire and Brimstone and shake up concepts.  It also allows me to search deeper as well. 

I agree, Mystical/Gnostic teachings have been around for thousands of years. It is just like any other tradition. Lot's to learn and see what resonates. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

I agree, Mystical/Gnostic teachings have been around for thousands of years. It is just like any other tradition. Lot's to learn and see what resonates. 

Yes... for me personally, I grew up a Catholic, and my parents “made me” go to Church and do all the stuff that goes with it - Sunday school, confirmation, communion. I hated the formal, boring rituals but I still believed in Jesus.  Even as a kid, I was drawn to Taoism and Buddhism because it resonated much more with me.  Meditation and inner discoveries. So I went the Asian route from my teens to late 20s. 

Almost 30 years from the time I was in CCD (Sunday school), seems I’ve come full circle and returned to Jesus’ teachings, having discovered the mystical path of Christ. This was what I was searching for ever since a kid. I’d like for others to know the deep, inner path of Christianity exists... it’s just not what they’re selling. 

Gnostic simply means “Knowing”... experiencing for yourself, rather than having it be a far off concept. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Yes... for me personally, I grew up a Catholic, and my parents “made me” go to Church and do all the stuff that goes with it - Sunday school, confirmation, communion. I hated the formal, boring rituals but I still believed in Jesus.  Even as a kid, I was drawn to Taoism and Buddhism because it resonated much more with me.  Meditation and inner discoveries. So I went the Asian route from my teens to late 20s. 

Almost 30 years from the time I was in CCD (Sunday school), seems I’ve come full circle and returned to Jesus’ teachings, having discovered the mystical path of Christ. This was what I was searching for ever since a kid. I’d like for others to know the deep, inner path of Christianity exists... it’s just not what they’re selling. 

Gnostic simply means “Knowing”... experiencing for yourself, rather than having it be a far off concept. 

Same with me, Fa Xin.  I was brought up going to Lutheran church, and it was Christmas Eve in 1981 and I was one more time sitting in a church, listening one more time to the story of the little baby Jesus laying in a manger.  Everybody around me was silent and listening to the minister - and I suddenly heard a male voice in my head distinctly saying "This is so dead...."  I realized at that moment that my 'faith' wasn't faith at all, it was rote habit.  I haven't gone to a church service since.  I started on the metaphysics path shortly thereafter.  And yet, it's as you say.  Jesus was an enlightened being, and as such one runs into his deep concepts as you read all the great metaphysicians.  It's so unfortunate that much of the Christian church is still caught up in the stories and missing the Essence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 3bob said:

umm, Jesus is called the "King of Kings" in the Bible but if that doesn't fit in with various levels of "New Age" thinking or the esoteric in-crowd then lets just toss it out, for its kind of an inconvenient sounding truth.  

I don't really see it as separate.   Mystical Christianity will lead to the I Am consciousness, which sits in the middle of the wagon wheel, the spokes being different religions.  The I Am consciousness is the inner gulp of consciousness when you fully realize who you really are.  The Native Americans called us skinwalkers, realizing that our physical self is only a bag of bones.

My guess is that the Bible has undergone many misinterpretations in translating from other languages, some ancient, to English.  We see that in the various DDJ's - and you have to read many translations to triangulate the truth of it.  And add to that that each translator will have a different level of Awareness; and as such, he will only write as high as his eyes can see.    But from our metaphysical understanding, we know that all is One, that linear time is an illusion, and that Jesus or anyone you want from the past or future is actually Here Now.  So it really all runs together at some point.

8 minutes ago, manitou said:

I don't really see it as separate.   Mystical Christianity will lead to the I Am consciousness, which sits in the middle of the wagon wheel, the spokes being different religions.  The I Am consciousness is the inner gulp of consciousness when you fully realize who you really are.  The Native Americans called us skinwalkers, realizing that our physical self is only a bag of bones.

My guess is that the Bible has undergone many misinterpretations in translating from other languages, some ancient, to English.  We see that in the various DDJ's - and you have to read many translations to triangulate the truth of it.  And add to that that each translator will have a different level of Awareness; and as such, he will only write as high as his eyes can see.    But from our metaphysical understanding, we know that all is One, that linear time is an illusion, and that Jesus or anyone you want from the past or future is actually Here Now.  So it really all runs together at some point.

Hello Manitou,  I've lost some interest in the transcendental melting pot free-for-all and some of the endless pointers about it,  (although and of course do not deny the "Source")    Thing is Jesus and other great masters and beings are also particular souls with particular histories and places in the scheme of manifestation.  So now my interest is more about the soul level and the scheme of things -- since the transcendental can very well take care of itself, thank you.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

If you want to think of "King Jesus throwing the sinners into flames", that's up to you. :D I would think the inner interpretations would be enjoyed more on this forum? Maybe I'm wrong...

Why not both? 

Was reading today and came across this one... any thoughts?

"And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" Matthew 16:19

• Like 1

I've pondered this verse before there are at least a couple of layers of meaning. One might be, our actions today have a direct bearing on our afterlife. 

A deeper meaning requires more context. Since this is Jesus speaking, we might be able to interpret that he is saying, "if you believe in me I will give you everlasting life" . I think the rest of the verse may be referring to grace and sin.  

• Like 1

similar to the saying  about what is opened none can close, and what is closed none can open....

(through and by full wisdom and its related power)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

Was reading today and came across this one... any thoughts?

"And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" Matthew 16:19

If you are interested in better understanding the meaning of binding and unbinding, the clue is found a little latter in Matthew 18...

“Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18:15-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The binding and unbinding is talking about energy structures.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

...That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18:15-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Powerful verse here. I think it brings more context into the previous quote too. 

To me it says, Once you’ve aligned your will with the will of God (or notice there’s no difference between the two...) heaven and earth come into alignment (as within so without). 

Interesting theory about the binding and loosing meaning energy stuff, Jeff. Does loosing mean letting go of stuff, and binding meaning holding onto stuff?

59 minutes ago, 3bob said:

similar to the saying  about what is opened none can close, and what is closed none can open....

(through and by full wisdom and its related power)

Cool view. What about the verse you quoted? Can you go into more details, regarding the full wisdom? Also what do they mean by close and open?

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

I've pondered this verse before there are at least a couple of layers of meaning. One might be, our actions today have a direct bearing on our afterlife. 

A deeper meaning requires more context. Since this is Jesus speaking, we might be able to interpret that he is saying, "if you believe in me I will give you everlasting life" . I think the rest of the verse may be referring to grace and sin.  

Thanks for the reply and your thoughts. I listened to a talk on grace today and it is a very mysterious and wonderful part of the Christian teachings. Many times when we least expect it, the spirit moves on us and changes us for the better.

Do you have any favorite verses you’d like to share?

12 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Powerful verse here. I think it brings more context into the previous quote too. 

To me it says, Once you’ve aligned your will with the will of God (or notice there’s no difference between the two...) heaven and earth come into alignment (as within so without). 

Interesting theory about the binding and loosing meaning energy stuff, Jeff. Does loosing mean letting go of stuff, and binding meaning holding onto stuff?

Yes, but in this context more than that. It is talking affecting and clearing others.  Also, about various spirits and beings.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Do you have any favorite verses you’d like to share?

I've only studied Christianity for maybe two years now. I don't think I'm to the point of having favorite verses.  However, what resonates the most about Christianity with me is the theme that, "The kingdom of God is within you". 

• Like 3