Fa Xin

Mystical Christian Thread

"Lady Mary was teaching people in the countryside, for she was not inclined to go into the cities. Many people were coming out to see her and to listen to her teachings, for they had never heard anyone speak with such presence and authority, and Yahweh and the Anointed were unknown to them. When Mary taught, she would also banish unclean and dark spirits from people and heal people and many signs and wonders happened.

Mary was teaching outside a town and a woman said to her, "Holy One, miracles were few before you came among us, but now they are abundant. Even your companions perform wonders!" Mary said to her, "Miracles are few because there are few who have faith and know the light that is in them, and few understand that they are part of the miracles they seek. You marvel at wonders, but do not know the power of God in you and that you are sons and daughters of the Most High. If your heart is good and your mind is clear and you cleave to the Anointed who dwells in you, nothing will be impossible to you. Have faith and seek acquaintance." 

"Miracles" St Mary Magdalene by Tau Malachi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ezekiel 25:17- 

" The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrannies of evil men.  Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill sheperd's the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truely his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children.  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." 

" Let him seek, until he finds." - JC 

" It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of god." - JC 

" As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. " _ Proverbs 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jadespear said:

" As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. " _ Proverbs 

Good quotes thank you for sharing! I especially liked this one. 

23 minutes ago, rideforever said:

This man wrote that quote above about Mary Magdalene ... he just invented it and is proud of inventing stuff in his books where he "weaves together" stories with some sort of basis in some ancient text, mixes with fashionable ideas, and then sells books.

This is really not the best place to go if you have a serious desire to makes some progress !!!!

He is of a Mystical Christian lineage and is a very deep guy in his own right. He is just sharing some of his lineage teachings.. Not making stuff up.

Also, try connecting to Mary Magdalene and see what you get ;)

Edited by Jonesboy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rideforever said:

This guy is of a lineage of his own invention, it is very fashionable right now to reinvent Mary Magdalene, there is a whole gang of vultures queueing up with books and movie deals.

Make one up yourself.

Might want to do a little research. He's been part of his lineage since he was 8 and recognized as the successor at 16. He is now in his late 50s.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rideforever said:

There is a little cottage Mary Magdalene industry, just check out Amazon, a movie too.

And there is also a little industry of self-appointed teachers in the New Age and elsewhere, just look at the 17th Karmapa, he was also "recognized".  If you drop a bottle of snake oil in Boulder it will probably be recognized as the 18th Karmapa and around it will flock a group of people who will swear to God that it saved them.

This is an unwise approach to your journey. 
But hey, when did that stop anyone !!!

Yes there are. That doesn't mean he is part of it.

Please do your research like Karen suggested before you disparage the guy because of what others are doing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rideforever said:

What it does mean is that you should be more cautious.

Why do you want a book like this that mixes truth with storytelling ?

Can you not see the difference with a gospel ?
He previously studied Tibetan Buddhism were recognizing lamas is their thing.   

Maybe that's where he got his ideas from, mixed it all together and the rest is history.

In my opinion, if you actually value your journey you would not go near this kind of thing.

Start at the top instead.

But yeah, I am disturbing this thread.

I think the thing that I noticed first off was that Fa Xin was quoting this work of fiction in the same way as one might quote something from an actual gospel.   With no indication that this is a current work of fiction sold on Amazon.   That's misleading.
Maybe this isn't my kind of thread.

Gospel's to me are not the end all be all. I am a big fan of GOT for instance.

As I said earlier, all you have to do is connect to Mary to understand what Faxin is quoting is true.

Thank you for the conversation.

• Like 2

The stories convey a teaching/transmission from a Sophian lineage.  

Stories are a powerful tool. I made a post about how to use stories earlier in this thread. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

On 4/6/2019 at 1:49 PM, Fa Xin said:

Great comparison. Thank you for sharing. 

What struck me about the Apocryphon of John text was how unlike the other gospels it is. It almost reads like a Daoist text or something. 

Late to the party, but I agree 100%. I had never read the apocryphon of John til now...

The only major discernible difference for me is the masculinity ascribed to the one here, as opposed to the femininity ascribed to it in Daoism..

Edited by kyoji
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, kyoji said:

Late to the party, but I agree 100%. I had never read the apocryphon of John til now...

The only major discernible difference for me is the masculinity ascribed to the one here, as opposed to the femininity ascribed to it in Daoism..

Good observation. Any idea why the difference?

2 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Good observation. Any idea why the difference?

I'd assume because it was much more of a patriarchal society and there is a complete lack of lunar ( feminine,yin) influence on Christianity as far as I can tell.. I am just a toddler on the path though, so this is all a bit confusing for me. I suppose the lack of dual cultivation of these forces can account for the the very polarized thought in the world today, as a large part of modern societies are based on christian principles, but i do not have a deep enough experiential or intellectual understanding to say much more with any certainty... I don't think this lack of the feminine principle  is only a result of societal norms in the cultures in which these systems arose, I think that the fruits of the cultivation when you only focus on this solar / masculine principle is quite different than dual cultivation or solely lunar feminine cultivation and I think that true adepts know very well what they are doing in these regards, with a clear goal in mind ( some of them at least )...

What these fruits are,is what I am trying to find out before I devote myself to any path. It seems to me to be a newage fallacy to think that all paths lead to the same place when you are not even cultivating the same thing... I am just too new to these studies to understand what the goal exactly is on the right, left and razor edged / middle path.

My premature and overwhelming experience of the divine seemed very motherly at first really, and was very dark and confusing. everything was there but it was without substance and can be best described as infinite potential. Kind of like how there was potential for me to be born when i was but a yet to be inseminated egg inside of  my earthly mother ( an as above so below kind of dynamic ? )

The masculine moving principle did not come til later and then things felt a little more clear.. my awareness was not so foggy at this point,   but I was still rather confused about what i was to do, or not do for that matter.  It was whiter than white, but  I  didn't know what to do with the light. I got frustrated at not having the means to complete this circle that would move clockwise and counterclockwise changing back and forth, and it continued to turn into a luminous man sitting in full lotus posture and then completely exploded and then there i was disoriented and back in my body, sitting in my room. I felt like I had tried perfecting the circle infinite times with no success, but had no recollection of the other times, it was just something i intuited. Made me really start to truly consider the idea of past lives and reincarnation.

Anyways, that is enough of my confused rambling for now. I really enjoyed reading this thread. Thank you Fa Xin.

Edited by kyoji
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kyoji said:

I'd assume because it was much more of a patriarchal society and there is a complete lack of lunar ( feminine,yin) influence on Christianity as far as I can tell.. I am just a toddler on the path though, so this is all a bit confusing for me. I suppose the lack of dual cultivation of these forces can account for the the very polarized thought in the world today, as a large part of modern societies are based on christian principles, but i do not have a deep enough experiential or intellectual understanding to say much more with any certainty... I don't think this lack of the feminine principle  is only a result of societal norms in the cultures in which these systems arose, I think that the fruits of the cultivation when you only focus on this solar / masculine principle is quite different than dual cultivation or solely lunar feminine cultivation and I think that true adepts know very well what they are doing in these regards, with a clear goal in mind ( some of them at least )...

What these fruits are,is what I am trying to find out before I devote myself to any path. It seems to me to be a newage fallacy to think that all paths lead to the same place when you are not even cultivating the same thing... I am just too new to these studies to understand what the goal exactly is on the right, left and razor edged / middle path.

My premature and overwhelming experience of the divine seemed very motherly at first really, and was very dark and confusing. everything was there but it was without substance and can be best described as infinite potential. Kind of like how there was potential for me to be born when i was but a yet to be inseminated egg inside of  my earthly mother ( an as above so below kind of dynamic ? )

The masculine moving principle did not come til later and then things felt a little more clear.. my awareness was not so foggy at this point,   but I was still rather confused about what i was to do, or not do for that matter.  It was whiter than white, but  I  didn't know what to do with the light. I got frustrated at not having the means to complete this circle that would move clockwise and counterclockwise changing back and forth, and it continued to turn into a luminous man sitting in full lotus posture and then completely exploded and then there i was disoriented and back in my body, sitting in my room. I felt like I had tried perfecting the circle infinite times with no success, but had no recollection of the other times, it was just something i intuited. Made me really start to truly consider the idea of past lives and reincarnation.

Anyways, that is enough of my confused rambling for now. I really enjoyed reading this thread. Thank you Fa Xin.

Excellent reply... thank you for sharing your thoughts. I think you are right. :) It does seem that the Daoist tradition is more open to the feminine principle!  Or at the least, aware that there must be a balance.

This feminine aspect does exist in Christianity, but does not exist in the mainstream Church.  This goes back to the story of Mary Magdalene being the true "lineage holder" and successor of Jesus, but that she was rejected by Peter and some of the others on account of her being female (or so the story goes... :) )

Regardless of this story, my own path is very in-line with the feminine aspect of the Christian tradition, and why I think someone like Tau Malachi is valuable, as he is out there, sharing that lineage of Mary Magdalene and the divine feminine in Christ. 

There are deeper symbols on the feminine principle, too.  The two Mary's for example. One is the "Virgin Mother", the "virgin" being the secret, pure, unrevealed, Holy.  And Mary Magdalene, the "whore", who is available to all who ask...being the revealed Sophia (wisdom), the worldly representation, who is said to be continuously incarnating to help those who need it. :)

It's a side of the tradition (or a tradition on it's own) that isn't discussed much, but there is a power there.  I've even heard it said that the "Second Coming" of Christ will be in the return of feminine light to the world. Who knows... :)

Cheers! Thanks for the fun discussion.

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will bring sin upon yourselves, and if you pray, you will be condemned, and if you give to charity, you will harm your spirits.

When you go into any region and walk about in the countryside, when people take you in, eat what they serve you and heal the sick among them.

After all, what goes into your mouth will not defile you; rather, it's what comes out of your mouth that will defile you."  - Gospel of Thomas 14

• Like 1

In the Old Testament, we are given the 10 Commandments which fall into two categories:

1) How to Worship God properly (Don't misuse the name, keep the sabbath holy, Don't keep idols...)

2) How to Treat your Neighbors (Don't kill, don't steal, Don't bear false witness...)

In the New Testament, during the Last Supper, Jesus gives us a New Commandment:

John 13:34 -35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

And the previous verse,

John 13:31 "When he was gone, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified and God is glorified in him. 32 If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once."

This concept is powerful.  Where before they were two (God and Man which were separate), they are now unified into One -- Love your neighbor, and you in turn love God.  The two are not separate.

Matthew 5:17-20  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

• Like 2

From the Lord's Prayer:

"Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us" Matthew 6:12

This line is a deep teaching.  It tells us that we have an innate power inside of us. To activate this power, we need to send it out to others.

If you lack love in your life, work on loving others, and it will be returned to you.

If you are having trouble forgiving yourself, look towards forgiving others, and you shall be forgiven.

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

• Like 3

so be it among humans...btw. there is no mention of Jesus forgiving evil forces or taking a "love thine enemy" position with them...(more like the opposite of that) thus to me that is one of the irreconcilable dualistic dichotomies held in "Christianity".

Edited by 3bob

3 minutes ago, 3bob said:

so be it among humans...btw. there is no mention of Jesus forgiving evil forces or taking a "love thine enemy" position with them...thus to me that is one of the irreconcilable dualistic dichotomies held in "Christianity".

You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

— Jesus Christ, English Standard Version (Matthew 5:38-42)

In the Sermon on the Plain in the Gospel of Luke, as part of his command to "love your enemies", Jesus says:

But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

— Jesus Christ, English Standard Version (Luke 6:27-31)
  • Like 3

again, in certain cases among humans, (although not with the money changers in temple grounds, or with the Pharisees, etc. ) Btw. are you seriously forgetting the Book of Revelations...with the wrath of God and heaven falling upon evil, thus no  more forgiveness or love there,  and the King of Kings and his Angles do not turn the other cheek in that horrific war beyond human knowing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 3bob said:

again, in certain cases among humans, (although not with the money changers in temple grounds, or with the Pharisees, etc. ) Btw. are you seriously forgetting the Book of Revelations...with the wrath of God and heaven falling upon evil, thus no  more forgiveness or love there,  and the King of Kings and his Angles do not turn the other cheek in that horrific war beyond human knowing.

What do you think “evil” is referring to , in the book of revelations? Is it actual beings? Or think the book is symbolic of something else?

Imagine if the book of Revelations was a vision of ones own enlightenment? That all the imagery and scenes take place in ones own heart... an internal purging of ignorance and return of light.

• Thanks 1