Fa Xin

Mystical Christian Thread

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Interesting contrast point on the One from the Gospel of Thomas...

50. Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.' If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

Great comparison. Thank you for sharing. 

What struck me about the Apocryphon of John text was how unlike the other gospels it is. It almost reads like a Daoist text or something. 

The World of Spirits

"Lady Mary was in a village giving teachings, and a man said to her, "My Lady, you speak of the Lord of Spirits and the play of spirits in the world, both spirits of light and spirits of darkness. Yet, these do not appear to us in the world. Where do these spirits dwell?" She said to him, "My brother, the world of spirits is hidden within and behind the world that appears, and it is veiled by the appearances of this world. The spirits play in the hearts and minds of human beings, some seeking good, some evil. Many are neither good nor evil, but something admixed. To know the Lord of Spirits is to gain discernment of the spirits and to no longer be bound to the play of spirits. The Annointed is the Lord of Spirits, for he was raised up in a spiritual body and ascended into the Supernal Abode." Then the man asked Mary, "Knowing the Lord of Spirits, do we invoke spirits?" She said to him, "We are no longer the slaves of the archons or the spirits. Yet, truly, we do invoke the spirits, for we are to impart the Spirit of Truth to visible and invisible spirits so that all might be uplifted in the body of the Human One." He said to her, "How can we believe in and invoke what we do not see?" She said to him, "We speak of love and we love, but no one has ever seen love. It is the same in spiritual things. Yet, when one awakens, they can see. It is only while we sleep that we cannot see because our eyes are closed.  Pray to the Lord of Spirits to awaken you!" -St Mary Magdalene by Tau Malachi p 94

• Like 2

"""This heaven shall pass away, and the heaven above it will pass away." If this is true of the heavens, then it is equally true of everything else in Creation.  Everything shall pass away, everything is in flux, everything is changing and will change--even the heavens, or higher states of awareness change. This is the truth of creative evolution.  With each emergence of a higher state of consciousness, a new heaven and new earth come into being, the former heaven and earth transforming into a new realm of manifestation. There is no end in sight to this process, for our teachers tell us that, following the attainment of Messianic consciousness, evolution continues towards ever more refined and higher states of consciousness-being, although indeed such states are far beyond our present capacity to imagine or comprehend.  Thus we understand that seeking to live forever, even in the highest heavenly state, is a desire founded upon ignorance and inherently deluded.  The very truth and nature of reality and our own consciousness-being is different than that. God is quite different than we think!" "The Gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas" Tau Malachi p. 36

• Like 2

Happy Easter everyone 😊

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

• Like 1

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

This verse really speaks to me.  Thinking that suffering is needless and pointless causes us aversion, causes us to reject our suffering, and only try to alleviate it.  While this is a natural reaction, let us reflect on our suffering as helping us to grow - that there is a purpose for all things, which we may not understand at the time.  That our pain and trials are not needless, but an important part of helping us become "mature and complete, not lacking anything."

• Like 1

Jesus said, "Blessed are they who have been persecuted within themselves. It is they who have truly come to know the Father. Blessed are the hungry, for the belly of him who desires will be filled." Gospel of Thomas 69

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 6:06 PM, Fa Xin said:

"The children a woman bears resemble the man who loves her. If her husband loves her, then they resemble her husband. If it is an adulterer, then they resemble the adulterer. Frequently, if a woman sleeps with her husband out of necessity, while her heart is with the adulterer with whim she usually has intercourse, the child she will bear is born resembling the adulterer. Now you who live together with the Son of God, love not the world, but love the Lord, in order that those you will bring forth may not resemble the world, but may resemble the Lord." -Gospel of Philip

I feel this verse is talking about energetic connections, and how powerful they can be. But is it talking about actual procreation, or is it a symbolism for something else ?

http://time.com/3461485/how-previous-sexual-partners-affect-offspring/

I think it's saying if a woman has sex with 99 men, and gets pregnant from # 100, the baby will have genetic traits from all 100. 

I'm extrapolating that the mechanism in the above article applies to humans. Even though the article states, "“It’s something we definitely don’t want to speculate about yet with humans,”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

http://time.com/3461485/how-previous-sexual-partners-affect-offspring/

I think it's saying if a woman has sex with 99 men, and gets pregnant from # 100, the baby will have genetic traits from all 100. 

I'm extrapolating that the mechanism in the above article applies to humans. Even though the article states, "“It’s something we definitely don’t want to speculate about yet with humans,”

Very interesting article. Thanks for the info. 😊

“Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:31-33

On 02/05/2019 at 3:13 AM, Fa Xin said:

Very interesting article. Thanks for the info. 😊

People knew these things from ancient times.   Simply by observation of families in their communities.

One comes to see that those old adages have roots in objective facts, but are today like a "dead form" of taichi, people remember only the outside, and finally dispense with even that.

Edited by rideforever

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

“Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:31-33

Does it work ?   Anyone made such things work ? 
What is the intention.  Christianity has so much baggage associated with it, it's quite difficult to understand.   One thing is that it is not a religion but Jesus is just reminding us of facts of our existence.   And there is no believing.   You either recognize those facts or not, remember them and wake up.   Anyone believing is fantasising.   Church meetings where for those who like to remember once a week.

Has anyone actually applied these instructions without adding on top self-mortification, and the wish to die when in their 30s on a cross?   Did Jesus actually die on a cross?
Because these instructions could be taken as "do what thou wilt", discover your true will, or law of attraction, without such baggage of self-mortification.   But the baggage makes for a comfortable journey, when you are suffering it is so comforting.
You cannot get enough of what you don't need : self-denial will give you a comfortable wallpaper as it will never run out.
Actually trusting the light inside to provide for you is uncomfortable, in the extreme, because you are naked without those things you clung to.

If someone says to you :

You are the Light
.. You are the Light

.. .. You are the Light

Perhaps after some time something twigs inside you, and you remember yourself.  Oh yeah.
This is not "believing", this is remembering.
Anyone believing does not get it.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Does it work ?   Anyone made such things work ? 
What is the intention.  Christianity has so much baggage associated with it, it's quite difficult to understand.   One thing is that it is not a religion but Jesus is just reminding us of facts of our existence.   And there is no believing.   You either recognize those facts or not, remember them and wake up.   Anyone believing is fantasising.   Church meetings where for those who like to remember once a week.

Has anyone actually applied these instructions without adding on top self-mortification, and the wish to die when in their 30s on a cross?   Did Jesus actually die on a cross?
Because these instructions could be taken as "do what thou wilt", discover your true will, or law of attraction, without such baggage of self-mortification.   But the baggage makes for a comfortable journey, when you are suffering it is so comforting.
You cannot get enough of what you don't need : self-denial will give you a comfortable wallpaper as it will never run out.
Actually trusting the light inside to provide for you is uncomfortable, in the extreme, because you are naked without those things you clung to.

If someone says to you :

You are the Light
.. You are the Light

.. .. You are the Light

Perhaps after some time something twigs inside you, and you remember yourself.  Oh yeah.
This is not "believing", this is remembering.
Anyone believing does not get it.

To me, there is a level of faith and belief involved, because as one has not "remembered", one must suspend disbelief, and be open to such a movement of Spirit occuring.

Further, Jesus says in many places that it's not him but the Father's Will ... which is quite different than Law of Attraction. :)

"And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:22-24

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Ephisians 2:8-9

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

• Like 1

People are addicted to the emotional drama language, and this stands in the way of waking up.

Most people just want to watch Ben-Hur or Anthony and Cleopatra ... rather than actually reading the words.
Like he says, ears to hear and eyes to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Most people just want to watch Ben-Hur or Anthony and Cleopatra ... rather than actually reading the words.

Yes, actually reading the words are important. 😊

I have found that energetically connecting with Jesus, or one of the Tzadikim like Mary Magdalene or John the Baptist will expedite understanding of the words too. That’s a big part of the practice in many Christian mystic lineages. 

The practice is simple, to start off, One can simply think of Jesus and feel the energy, let it work through you. Try to get close energetically.  Such a practice would be easy to someone who has done previous energy work like Reiki or qigong. 

If one does this with a sincere and open heart, they will find much information is imparted without even opening a book. 😊

Cheers!

• Like 1

Yeah, well I think it's okay to disagree

Another consequence of failing to "get it" is drifting into mystical meanings. 

"Listen really carefully and with the ears of the heart !!!!" .... cue fantasy-land.   Yes it's really deep and mysterious, amazing and profound, certainly not meant literally there is this outer space meaning here.

Well not really.
In the parable of the sower (yawn) Jesus is just talking about planting seeds in the earth.  Like farming 101.

These two blackholes, the first being Ben-Hur epic fantasy, and the second mystical fantasy, are absolutely first class ways of wasting 50 years of your life.   And very heavily subscribed.

On the other hand it is true that if you pray "Lord Jesus Christ, Have Mercy On Me", continuously, then pretty soon you feel warmth inside.  Is that mystical ?

• Like 1

So you think that energy stuff is fantasy? I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Can you not feel it?

I respect your interpretations being different than mine. I’m just sharing my path and practice, which is a mystical path, Hence the name of the thread. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

Interestingly another two blackholes,  are (iii) Guilt, which seems to be people who don't get it then feel bad about themselves, and (iv) Rebellion, people who don't get it and therefore want to rebel against something they don't get.

4 Blackholes of Christianity (for those that aren't getting it)
(i) Ben-hur epic melodrama
(ii) Mystical ungrounded fantastic experiences

(iii) Guilt, feeling bad as an antidote to not getting it
(iv) Rebellion, starting something opposed to the thing you don't get

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, rideforever said:

When you do the Jesus prayer continuously you basically become an angel.   It's not really an "energy hit", it's more like waking up to the reality of your angelic being.   Surrendering yourself to god in more and more intimate direct and clear understanding of who you are.

Is that what you experience ?

People are attracted to energy hits, like the chillum smoking hash heads of the Hindu religions.  But these are just impure energies that have no groundedness or self-recognition in them.   They want a big wow.

Ahhh I see now. Thank you for sharing. Using certain terms can get sticky, as they mean different things to different people. 

With the practice I more experience Jesus and myself are not separate. (Fa xin) falls away, with it various obstructions are broken down.  So yes on surrendering. 😊

Edited by Fa Xin

3 hours ago, rideforever said:

People are addicted to the emotional drama language, and this stands in the way of waking up.

I admire your clearly understandable comments. Thanks :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

So you think that energy stuff is fantasy? I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Can you not feel it?

I respect your interpretations being different than mine. I’m just sharing my path and practice, which is a mystical path, Hence the name of the thread. 

I respect your path and practice. In my experience at DBs: Being a participating member of DBs and expressing mystical information according to your knowledge and experience is a important step. Being open to expanding yourself through the available cultivation is another.

In my experience: 'energy stuff', is real, but gaining a understanding of the actual creative us of it is rare:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rideforever said:

Interestingly another two blackholes,  are (iii) Guilt, which seems to be people who don't get it then feel bad about themselves, and (iv) Rebellion, people who don't get it and therefore want to rebel against something they don't get.

4 Blackholes of Christianity (for those that aren't getting it)
(i) Ben-hur epic melodrama
(ii) Mystical ungrounded fantastic experiences

(iii) Guilt, feeling bad as an antidote to not getting it
(iv) Rebellion, starting something opposed to the thing you don't get

Some interesting ideas on Christianity, but has not been my experience at all.  Also, none of them seem to really be in line with the actual teachings of Jesus.  Jesus is all about looking inside yourself for the "kingdom of god"...

Luke 17: 20-21

20Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’[d]For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well it's not much of an instruction, is it.

I have noticed there is far more Light inside Catholic Churches - which were the last churches I went into during my recent voyage of exploration.
Why ?
Probably because Catholics attempt to take the book seriously and they do a very large amount of actual praying and because they stand sit kneel put their hands together pray some more kneel stand sing and so on.
However boring it might have seemed to Protestants, it actually was very good because it was largely physical and required you to actually do things, and in my opinion it is in the physical/emotional that the roots of understanding take place.
But people didn't want to be made to do anything, they just wanted to read nice epic stories and "think".

Edited by rideforever

Actually, I see it as a very powerful teaching. Pointing out that becoming a “son of god” is found inside yourself, and not about chasing outward activities or ritual activity. It is about going deeper and deeper. 

I have found that it is far less about the institution (catholic or Protestant), but more about the sharing fellowship in “Christ”.  But nothing wrong with a little kneeling, it is good for all of us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

But nothing wrong with a little kneeling, it is good for all of us. 

Um yeah Catholic mass up, down, up, down, up, down they could afford to widen those kneelers and add a little padding 😇

• Like 1

"Gospel of Thomas 28: 'Jesus said, "I took my place in the midst of the world, and I appeared to them in flesh. I found all of them intoxicated, I found none of them thirsty. And my soul became afflicted for the sons of men, because they are blind in their hearts and do not have sight, for empty they came into the world, and empty too they seek to leave the world. But for the moment they are intoxicated. When they shake off their wine, then they will repent.'

Entering into the repose and joy of the Holy Spirit and beholding the reality-truth-continuum from a higher order of consciousness, every spiritual adept or master has shared this vision of sorrow in seeing how greatly people suffer on account of fundamental ignorance. Having awakened and realized the way of liberation themselves, knowing the presence of God as near to all beings as their very breath, it is truly an affliction within their soul to see others still in bondage to the powers of ignorance and therefor suffering. Experiencing the peace and joy of enlightenment and liberation, a conscious unity with the Beloved, who would not be so deeply moved by the continuation of other's suffering? Indeed, when the fullness of spiritual love and compassion dawns, one cannot help but be moved to act and render assistance." -Tau Malachi, Gospel of St Thomas

• Like 1