Sign in to follow this  
The Wanderer

Hello

Hi.

Thanks for welcoming me to your forum. I've been looking for more people to talk with about

the topics that interest you for a long time.  I have a lot of experience, and some skill and knowledge

in many of the topic areas you discuss here, including meditation, qi gong, tai ji, alchemy, buddhism

and philosophy in general. 

At the moment I am especially interested in alchemy. I have been "turning around the light" in meditation

and daily activity, mainly for the last six weeks (if you don't count my years of qi gong practice :-)) and

it has affected me profoundly and well, and I seem to be having some experiences I am tempted to interpret

as getting very close to awareness of reality.  I let go of most thoughts and feelings automatically, without

effort now, and I can let go of the effort to let go too, with some effort, lol.  I and I reach a place of great

stillness and openness for some time, although I still struggle with the distraction of my posture.

And I do not feel confident that I am not-doing it correctly, in terms of adopting the state of mind that will

lead to restoration.  Having a thoughtless mind is one thing. But there are many different ways to be thoughtless.

I have read Liu I-ming and other masters carefully and I believe I understand most of the subtle errors they describe,

but I am also becoming confused by too many ideas in my head from ancient Taoist texts!

But anyway, my point is . . .

I would really like to discuss this with any others who understand the things I am talking about. :-)

love,

me

• Like 2

Hello, the Wanderer, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Wanderer,

Welcome to the Bums. Sounds like your doing well on your own. As far as getting confused, It happens to all of us. Your not alone! I hope chatting on here will help. Enjoy. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Sign in to follow this