Sign in to follow this  
jackaro0

Help on healing! :D

On 04/02/2019 at 9:47 PM, jackaro0 said:

Hi Guys,

I am new here but often stumble across threads here, after searching heaps about what i want to ask in particular i thought I would just join up

I have been looking into the energy for years, did wushu and other martial arts - I found out through various masters and TCM doctors I have heart yin deficiency, possibly from PTSD and excessive anxiety etc whatever that really means in the end :((.

when i meditate i can feel alot of energy, mainly tingling in the areas where i place my mind, and if i breathe the right way its like im washing myself with this energy, if i quiet the breathe then it tends to go away, it takes a bit of a vigorous breathe to get it all started

I can feel the energy of the outside of the typical points - crown, third eye, heart, qihai etc.

My biggest question, which i think would help me heal my energy the most - is how do i get from the qihai into the LDT? I can feel the energy at the mingmen point and at the qihai, but i never know if I'm feeling anything inside, the same goes for the heart and third eye, there is a lot of energy felt more or less at the surfce but as i go deeper its almost like I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is still on the surface or on the inside. Is it true if my Qi is blocked i will not feel the LDT? If my heart and kidney yin is low then what area should i focus to heal? I have read many places that building the LDT to a certain point will cause it to overflow and fill the rest of the channels, hence why i am so eager to find the real LDT, i feel i have nailed down the Qihai, which is very warm at the front and i was actually very happy to even just find that point, but i know other people who have discovered their golden egg and would love to come across it someday! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Peace! :)

•  

You won't be able to store Qi in the LDT until your meridians are full. It can be directed there through Shen (consciousness) and Pi (imagination), but it will disperse in order to fill your meridians right after.

Having an Yin Heart deficiency will make the whole process hard, though, as the Shen tends to unroot from the heart (your consciousness tends to leave your focus of attention and wanter elsewhere). 

I would recomend drinking/eating Yin-replenishing and Qi-replenishing medicines and foods (consult with a TCM practioneer  beforehand to know what would do you good) before your practices. 

Something as simple as rice porridge with bitter vegetables may be enough, who knows. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desmonddf said:

You won't be able to store Qi in the LDT until your meridians are full. It can be directed there through Shen (consciousness) and Pi (imagination), but it will disperse in order to fill your meridians right after.

Having an Yin Heart deficiency will make the whole process hard, though, as the Shen tends to unroot from the heart (your consciousness tends to leave your focus of attention and wanter elsewhere). 

I would recomend drinking/eating Yin-replenishing and Qi-replenishing medicines and foods (consult with a TCM practioneer  beforehand to know what would do you good) before your practices. 

Something as simple as rice porridge with bitter vegetables may be enough, who knows. 

Hi Desmond,

So you suggest I still focus on the LDT and hope that the energy clears the channels? in terms of healing im not sure what path to take.

Have tried plenty of different herbals and such, was even cooking all the herbs at one point to absolutely no avail :(. 

Thanks for the input,

Jack 

On 07/02/2019 at 9:52 AM, jackaro0 said:

how to regulate yinyang of the organs?

1. Bagua circle walking

2. Foundation work

3. Hard work

4. Practice in the natural environment as often and long as you possibly can

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Bagua circle walking.

okay shall do more of that, nothing i can do sitting down? just focus on breathe/dantien area is all i got, not sure if to let all the other feelings i normally get come up or i should just simmer them down..

Forget about the dantien. It's like a virus, same goes with the MCO, feeling the Qi and all this New Age propaganda. 

Look at children, how they move, think, sit. They naturally do the Asian Squat, without any effort and stay down there as long as they want. Their minds are pure, they do not worry, overthink and stress like adults. Also limit/zero sexual activity which drains your life force and mental clarity.

Train your body, open it up so you reach and understand the Mind. While doing that you'll regulate automatically the Yin & Yang and everything else.

Check again my last post because I forgot to mention other important aspects of training. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Forget about the dantien. It's like a virus, same goes with the MCO, feeling the Qi and all this New Age propaganda.

Excellent advice. 

• Like 1

@freeform

Can you please elaborate on the LDT movements?

I had some twitching of the lower abdomen i could not control after doing ZZ for 20 minutes but it never crossed my mind that the LDT could be somehow involved in the process.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

1. Bagua circle walking

2. Foundation work

3. Hard work

4. Practice in the natural environment as often and long as you possibly can

thanks gerard, i try to get to the innocent state but feel alot of the tingling in all the aforementioned areas in trying.

could u elaborate on foundation work?

could sit in squat all day no worries from snake stance training. mind agitated by symptoms of the energy imbalance :(

19 hours ago, jackaro0 said:

Hi Desmond,

So you suggest I still focus on the LDT and hope that the energy clears the channels? in terms of healing im not sure what path to take.

Have tried plenty of different herbals and such, was even cooking all the herbs at one point to absolutely no avail :(. 

Thanks for the input,

Jack 

Yin deficiencies are better cured by dietoterapy associated with fitoteraphy. You should harmonize your diet with the seasons and your needs as well. It will be necessary to look for a TCM diet terapist, though. 

That said, mixing herbs without method won't bring results. Many herbs have properties that cancel each other. You need to know them in depth and carefuly regulate the amounts, dosage and method of ingestion.

13 minutes ago, Desmonddf said:

Yin deficiencies are better cured by dietoterapy associated with fitoteraphy. You should harmonize your diet with the seasons and your needs as well. It will be necessary to look for a TCM diet terapist, though. 

That said, mixing herbs without method won't bring results. Many herbs have properties that cancel each other. You need to know them in depth and carefuly regulate the amounts, dosage and method of ingestion.

I see mate, shall just try only eating yin foods,

The concotions i have tried were formulated by TCM dotctors. I feel the problem is inside myself and can only be healed through meditation though :/. The best master i know just said focus LDT, thats why i am on the constant search for it!! 

Avoid eating only yin foods, as this will generate an inbalance. Eat yin foods often, but you also need yang to be able to digest and transform these foods. 

Now, if you're in need of meditation, do go for it ! Following one's intuition is a good thing, as long as it is indeed intuition - as you're looking for help in the physical plane already, i think it should be safe to risk a bit :)

Now, if your prefered meditation is focusing on the LDT, go on. There is no need to feel frustrated by not feeling the LTD, though - it is not the objective. The meditation in itself is the objective :)

1 hour ago, Desmonddf said:

Avoid eating only yin foods, as this will generate an inbalance. Eat yin foods often, but you also need yang to be able to digest and transform these foods. 

Now, if you're in need of meditation, do go for it ! Following one's intuition is a good thing, as long as it is indeed intuition - as you're looking for help in the physical plane already, i think it should be safe to risk a bit :)

Now, if your prefered meditation is focusing on the LDT, go on. There is no need to feel frustrated by not feeling the LTD, though - it is not the objective. The meditation in itself is the objective :)

I have a decent list of foods that i think would be a good start, so shall try hone in on it more in the next couple of weeks!

Understandable that the meditation is more to have singlepointed attention as well as awareness, I was also told by a good teacher to focus on the front dantien, which i believe to be a single point on the front most likely being qihai, that was one of my main thoughts and queries, because allowing awareness of this area seems to help slow the breathing/generate a warm area there!

Cheers for the advice :) 

Sure:

Foundation Work, from someone has has been squatting (toilet on a daily basis) all his life. Start from the very bottom of the video list and have a good feel of what He Jinghan is teaching and his main focus area. Opening the entire body-mind paradigm. This requires is an enormous amount of work and it requires a total dedication but progressively and a bit every day. Things cannot be rushed or one will severely burn out or give up due to finding it too difficult/demanding and indeed is demanding work. 

You need to learn a proper internal art that focuses entirely in developing you ground up. It means little you can squat the whole day after doing some sort of snake stance training. 

Either Ba Gua or Xingyi from a teacher that is clearly focused on going deep, cares about his stiudents' progression and development and not forms, fancy suits and a multitude of YouTube videos and books. This is Commercial/Circus Fu not Gong (hard work) Fu. The latter is the one you should be after.

Edited by Gerard
  • Thanks 1

On 09/02/2019 at 2:11 PM, jackaro0 said:

I was also told by a good teacher to focus on the front dantien, which i believe to be a single point on the front most likely being qihai, that was one of my main thoughts and queries, because allowing awareness of this area seems to help slow the breathing/generate a warm area   there!

WRONG!

If that is a good teacher find another one. For a current civilisation that is clearly mental, too much thinking and 'head' work (computers, TV, smartphones) and lacking of movement and foot work, focusing on the so-called upper dantien is just calling for trouble. It's akin to raising the temperature of an overloaded toaster...it will eventually blow up. In humans that are involved in the energy and meditative work this is manifested as:

1. Qigong psychosis

2. Mental problems

3. Ungroundedness (talking about chakras, enlightenment, and all those odd/bizarre discussions you can find in the General section of this forum.

You and most should focus their practice on:

1. Moving

2. Foundation work. Legs and waist. Heavy feet deeply rooted in the ground.

2. Some seated meditation to even things out. Keep it to a minimum. Breathe and relax. Do not focus on anything in particular, watch and let go. Everything is in a constant of change and evolution. 

Relax, be a good person and enjoy life! :)

Edited by Gerard

On 08/02/2019 at 9:09 PM, lifeforce said:

Excellent advice. 

Thanks. You know well through Xingyi practice what is really going on. ;)

Hi Guys thanks for the further advice, and apologies for the late reply, 

I got the foundation standing training video series mentioned which has helped clear a few things I was doing wrong with standing, the search for the dantien is sadly still ongoing though!!

• Like 1

Jackaro,

You've received some good advice in this thread. A common theme of the replies is too much energy in the head, and somehow getting this energy to descend. This is sound advice.

When reading your posts, I feel the mind anxiously trying to find a solution to its anxiety. This cannot work. In Daoism,

Fire = Mind

Water = Body

You cannot solve the Mind with the Mind, you cannot solve Fire with Fire, it will only lead to more Fire. Please keep this analogy in mind, it can help bring you healing.

Balance/health is when you put the fire of the Mind on the water of your body. It's when you are natural.

Practically, let me offer some suggestions that shouldn't interfere with the rest of the advice you've received.

1) Just walk more and think less. Try walking meditation. Walk slowly in nature, in your house, or everywhere really, just focusing slightly on the soles of your feet as they touch the earth.

2) During the day, notice how often you are projecting your energy outwards. At this point it must be a lot, through thought, thinking, etc... Get used to drawing that energy back to the body. Set your intent to gather your energy inwards for small periods of time, and just focus on the body, nothing else.

A perspective like finding the LDT cannot bring you the balance you are looking for. Don't make your health depend on such an esoteric perspective. My grandma is 93 and never felt her LDT.

And last piece of advice, when you feel anxiety, burn in its fire. Don't try to put out the fire, as this is what leads to odd strategies and perspectives to avoid anxiety that are ungrounded. You've got to be willing to suffer a little bit to be free. I know it sucks when that feeling creeps in, but everyone has emotions, even Daoist immortals. It's just part of nature. When you no longer fear the emotion, you are half-way free.

You will start to brew a new energy and your energetic centers like the LDT will automatically start to fill up, even if you don't know its location. This gift won't be a product of exertion, mental or physical, but a product of "not-doing".

As a Daoist Master once wrote,

It is the principle of natural spiritual cultivation,

to let the shen grow naturally with the peace of the mind,

to let the mind grow naturally with the peace of the body,

to let the body grow naturally without interference from the un-growing mind.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Like 4

Sign in to follow this