Sign in to follow this  
jackaro0

Help on healing! :D

Hi Guys,

I am new here but often stumble across threads here, after searching heaps about what i want to ask in particular i thought I would just join up

I have been looking into the energy for years, did wushu and other martial arts - I found out through various masters and TCM doctors I have heart yin deficiency, possibly from PTSD and excessive anxiety etc whatever that really means in the end :((.

when i meditate i can feel alot of energy, mainly tingling in the areas where i place my mind, and if i breathe the right way its like im washing myself with this energy, if i quiet the breathe then it tends to go away, it takes a bit of a vigorous breathe to get it all started

I can feel the energy of the outside of the typical points - crown, third eye, heart, qihai etc.

My biggest question, which i think would help me heal my energy the most - is how do i get from the qihai into the LDT? I can feel the energy at the mingmen point and at the qihai, but i never know if I'm feeling anything inside, the same goes for the heart and third eye, there is a lot of energy felt more or less at the surfce but as i go deeper its almost like I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is still on the surface or on the inside. Is it true if my Qi is blocked i will not feel the LDT? If my heart and kidney yin is low then what area should i focus to heal? I have read many places that building the LDT to a certain point will cause it to overflow and fill the rest of the channels, hence why i am so eager to find the real LDT, i feel i have nailed down the Qihai, which is very warm at the front and i was actually very happy to even just find that point, but i know other people who have discovered their golden egg and would love to come across it someday! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Peace! :)

•  
  • Like 1

The easiest way to find your Dantien is through standing practice. In every classical Daoist tradition there is a primary standing form - often called wuji.

There are many fine points to standing properly, and a book or a forum wouldn’t do it justice. I’d recommend finding a good teacher. Failing that, Damo Mitchell has an excellent new video course that teaches the foundations.

Once you have the posture down, your Qi can sink. As it sinks, you can align your centre of gravity with the area of where your Dantien should be (a few inches inwards at the qi hai point) It needs to be quite precise, but once you get it, the sinking Qi will be attracted to your Dantien and it will eventually start to ‘come to life’. This is when you really do need to find a teacher :)

This process can take a while as the standing form needs to make physical changes to your body (I mean several years of daily practice). But you might discover your Dantien quite quickly - not necessarily by feeling it directly, but by its action as it comes to life.

I’d just caution against trying to ‘look for’ sensations using focused attention. The tingling sensations you feel is your nerves being stimulated under the influence of focused attention. The reason you feel it on the outside is because your nerve endings are mostly on the skin level of your body. This isn’t Qi (in the useful qigong sense anyway) If you do this for long periods you can create stagnation that can cause problems down the line.

• Like 2

Oh and you’re right that if you get the lower Dantien going, it will naturally feed the rest of the body. It’s safest to work on the lower Dantien for the first 5 to 10yrs. It will take care of the rest. Then you’ll know when to move on by this stage.

• Like 1

Hi Freeform,

I have been trying standing meditation for years, every time i stand it changes every time and is quite challenging. I was told sitting would be a good place to start in terms of healing. 

Interesting you say that the tingling causes stagnation, when i get all of it tingling everywhere i usually feel better - now im even more lost haha.

a friend of mine found his qihai point a long time ago, and he said it would slowly transform into awareness of the dantien, The qihai is very warm when i focus it but still have trouble finding the location of the dantien, very frustrating.

I have been on this journey many years, and know that my qi is depleting because of these deficiencies. its very depressing at times especially with all the hot flushes and tiredness.

Have had lots of guidance from my teacher who i am now a long distance away from. I shall keep trying to focus on my lower dantien and hope for the best, 

Thanks for your help! :) much apprecitated

Sorry mate, was just wondering if you had a link to said videos, I have had alot of guidance over the years by very reputable masters, most of which have just said focus on the lower dantien. is it bad to keep the qihai/mingmen warm while trying to find this centre?

THanks again :) 

1 hour ago, jackaro0 said:

have been trying standing meditation for years, every time i stand it changes every time and is quite challenging.

:lol:

Yes - well it doesn’t get easier :)

Actually it does - and then you learn to let go something else and it becomes uncomfortable again.

Not all standing is created equal :) there is a lot of subtlety at many levels of increasing complexity as you develop. 

Sitting in the beginning should represent 10% to 20% of practice at first. Later down the line that flips. Without open and clear channels sitting won’t create the change you’re looking for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackaro0 said:

is it bad to keep the qihai/mingmen warm while trying to find this centre?

If you’re doing it with focused attention (as in focusing your mind on the area) then yes, it’s counterproductive.

i realise that 90% of all modern teachers use focused attention and imagination. It’s easy, it creates feelings and ‘experiences’ quickly, it makes students feel like they’re making progress right off the bat, but ultimately it’s wrong - if you wish to go deep into this type of cultivation.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, freeform said:

If you’re doing it with focused attention (as in focusing your mind on the area) then yes, it’s counterproductive.

i realise that 90% of all modern teachers use focused attention and imagination. It’s easy, it creates feelings and ‘experiences’ quickly, it makes students feel like they’re making progress right off the bat, but ultimately it’s wrong - if you wish to go deep into this type of cultivation.

Thanks for that!

Yes definitely aussie haha :)

When i first felt the warm qihai area at the front, i was standing after some sticking hands training with a friend, so i thought i was onto something there, when I try to find the actual dantien i get lost, and feel like im just getting sensations of the front or back of my body and get disorientated, and apparently if there are blockages there will be no Ball there? If there is no ball how to feel the ball? Hopefully you see my dilemma, getting the tingles and feeling the 3 centres at their front and backs i thought i was feeling the radiation of the centres spinning outwards so i thought perhaps I was getting there. 

Was never much of an imaginative person in terms of visual stuff, so I'm definitely not trying to imagine something, only somewhat search for it. Is reverse breathing crucial to the feeling of this? 

I am hoping once i find this spinning egg then i can just focus on it forever and finally let things heal and live normally :D.

Sorry for so many questions, I have searched far and wide to facilitate healing. In terms of depth I just hope my journey leads to some peace at the end!!

Thanks again mate :)

2 hours ago, jackaro0 said:

Sorry for so many questions, I have searched far and wide to facilitate healing.

No worries.

finding the Dantien is tricky!

Many things have to be in place at the same time for it to happen. Correct structure and principles in place, centre of gravity aligned and listening (light diffuse awareness). Reverse breathing only helps once it’s located - then it will help build it (assuming it’s done correctly and all the other principles are in place).

The thing is people don’t actually have a Dantien to begin with. There is a kind of ‘centre’ there and once you get all the things lined up, you’ll sense it - but it’ll be very subtle - because it’s only a centre - not a full blown Dantien yet. Once it’s properly built it will be a literal physical ball there. But that’s decades down the line.

good luck :)

18 hours ago, jackaro0 said:

I found out through various masters and TCM doctors I have heart yin deficiency,

Fix that first.

Establish full health before getting into details of cultivation.

Otherwise you may "cultivate" imbalance.

-VonKrankenhaus

5 hours ago, freeform said:

No worries.

finding the Dantien is tricky!

Many things have to be in place at the same time for it to happen. Correct structure and principles in place, centre of gravity aligned and listening (light diffuse awareness). Reverse breathing only helps once it’s located - then it will help build it (assuming it’s done correctly and all the other principles are in place).

The thing is people don’t actually have a Dantien to begin with. There is a kind of ‘centre’ there and once you get all the things lined up, you’ll sense it - but it’ll be very subtle - because it’s only a centre - not a full blown Dantien yet. Once it’s properly built it will be a literal physical ball there. But that’s decades down the line.

good luck :)

That's interesting! cause i have 2 friends who are only beginner meditators at best who have found theirs - one of them i was showing a technique for fixing the wei qi that felt very nice and he called his hands magnet hands and said all his movements came from some ball inside himself. The other one stumbled across his during meditation and just described it as a spinning ball. I've read in the Indian tantra book we all have a lower center we just have to drop down to it - either way very frustrating because i just want to feel better. Yang Jwang Ming along with other teachers online have said use reverse breathing to locate the area, but maybe that's just their experience.

Thanks for the luck mate!

5 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Fix that first.

Establish full health before getting into details of cultivation.

Otherwise you may "cultivate" imbalance.

-VonKrankenhaus

Hi VonKrakenhaus,

Well yes obviously the first thing i want to do is heal the energy, but that is the entire reason for this post, I have tried all sorts of things from the herbs to do the needles etc etc. and am completely lost in terms of what to do :(

Regards and thanks,

Jack 

On 05/02/2019 at 9:47 AM, jackaro0 said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

•  

Ungroundedness due to excessive mental activity.

Fix:

Spend years doing this exercise (Asian Squat) on a daily basis, as often as you can and as long as you like:

https://youtu.be/zrAU0ACGLEo

https://youtu.be/Vhqwshad4FU

They do do it quite well in Poland!!

https://youtu.be/qqDLSQ6UjlY

Very nice :)

It should become your second nature.

Be careful with processing too much information, one of the biggest problems our modern society is facing. It weakens the entire digestive system (Earth element).

The stomach is not only in charge of digesting food but also processing information!

Also Liver Yang rising (stress, anger, emotional upset). Further info and how to anchor the Liver:

Yang is in the Air

Good luck :)

3 hours ago, jackaro0 said:

Well yes obviously the first thing i want to do is heal the energy

Not "The Energy".

Just your basic Health and functioning.

This you can approach by diet and how you are living.

If you, for example, eat GMO food, at all, or live in a modern building - most of the stuff in modern life - then this is not traditional cultivation, or person, or "energy".

Un-natural or sanitized biomes, environment, means diminishment of your functions. 

Fluoride in water, amalgam or ceramic tooth fillings, vaccines, most "medications" - all these take years and years to recover from to form a base for any real cultivation.

Daily showering, for another example, washes away skin layer making hormone conversion - not normal for humans.

The way many modern people are constructed now, it can take over 30 years to get to a base level where any exercise is any different for them than any other.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Ungroundedness due to excessive mental activity.

Fix:

Spend years doing this exercise (Asian Squat) on a daily basis, as often as you can and as long as you like:

Hey there Gerard,

Do you think this will help me find my dantien? I can do this stance very good with feet facing foward (all the wushu training). Thank you for you suggestions :) 

1 hour ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Not "The Energy".

Just your basic Health and functioning.

This you can approach by diet and how you are living.

If you, for example, eat GMO food, at all, or live in a modern building - most of the stuff in modern life - then this is not traditional cultivation, or person, or "energy".

Un-natural or sanitized biomes, environment, means diminishment of your functions. 

Fluoride in water, amalgam or ceramic tooth fillings, vaccines, most "medications" - all these take years and years to recover from to form a base for any real cultivation.

Daily showering, for another example, washes away skin layer making hormone conversion - not normal for humans.

The way many modern people are constructed now, it can take over 30 years to get to a base level where any exercise is any different for them than any other.

-VonKrankenhaus

Hi Vonkrakenhaus.

I understand what you mean, but we all have the energy but just different qualities. These other people i mentioned probably dont even live as healthy as me and have a full energy/ can feel their ball.

Was thinking of going to a monestary at some point and just beg them to help me heal its come to that stage lol. desperation mode 

Thanks again guys 

35 minutes ago, jackaro0 said:

Was thinking of going to a monestary at some point and just beg them to help me heal

You are in that monastery already.

I was showing how to get out of it.

-VonKrankenhaus 

28 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

You are in that monastery already.

I was showing how to get out of it.

-VonKrankenhaus 

Haha i meant going to himalayas or somewhere!

6 hours ago, jackaro0 said:

stumbled across his during meditation and just described it as a spinning ball

Lucky buggers :)

Took me ages to find mine! In fact it was very ‘active’ way before I could actually locate it.

And conversely just finding it doesn’t mean it’s active. Sometimes people also imagine things well. The real turning of the Dantien feels like your guts doing somersaults. A friend said it feels very similar to the feeling of her baby turning in the womb. And it’s often accompanied ‘spontaneous movement’ activating... and also the shits :) (though hopefully not at the same time!)

Dont worry too much about it. Just finding the sensation of it won’t heal you. It’s the Qi sinking under correct structure that will help greatly with anxiety type stuff. Can’t be anxious when the Qi is sunk. 

Edited by freeform

20 minutes ago, freeform said:

Lucky buggers :)

Took me ages to find mine! In fact it was very ‘active’ way before I could actually locate it.

And conversely just finding it doesn’t mean it’s active. Sometimes people also imagine things well. The real turning of the Dantien feels like your guts doing somersaults. A friend said it feels very similar to the feeling of her baby turning in the womb. And it’s often accompanied ‘spontaneous movement’ activating... and also the shits :) (though hopefully not at the same time!)

Dont worry too much about it. Just finding the sensation of it won’t heal you. It’s the Qi sinking under correct structure that will help greatly with anxiety type stuff. Can’t be anxious when the Qi is sunk. 

Ah i see! Well one of them had no idea it even existed i just showed him some wing chun and some other weird stuff a wing chun master showed me and he said " yeah i was practicing that stuff and it felt like all my movements were coming from a ball"

I asked him about the ball again and he said his ball feels sick from smoking  too many bongs and not doing the right things haha go figure.

It does feel like a sort of "space down there". So during meditation i should just keep my mind to where i THINK it should be? otherwise i am absolutely aimless in meditation. 

P.S the tingling feeling seems to wash all over my body and in the points previously mentioned when  i begin to become calm and take relaxing breathes, so maybe just keep them in the background if they happen and still focus on the Space? and i see what you mean about the sinking meaning healing. i just feel like id have alot more direction if i could feel the damn thing! thanks!! 

29 minutes ago, jackaro0 said:

Well one of them had no idea it even existed i just showed him some wing chun and some other weird stuff a wing chun master showed me and he said " yeah i was practicing that stuff and it felt like all my movements were coming from a ball"

Well if only he could lay off the bong hits - could be a talented cultivator. Once the energy gets really moving it feels much better than getting high anyway :)

With your martial art training you’ve probably come across ‘listening’. Basically an alternative way of observing. Observing is often ‘looking for’ whereas listening is more passive - you allow ‘it’ to come to you.

So in sitting practice you could allow your mind to sink by just relaxing, relaxing, relaxing and allowing this ‘listening awareness’ to slowly sink as it infuses your body from head down to feet.

It’s like puting a sugar cube on the surface of your tea and seeing the tea slowly infuse into the sugar. The tea is your listening and the sugar cube is your body. 

You dont need to actively move your awareness - it will sink and infuse on its own as you relax and let go, while maintaining a quite mind and this listening awareness. (And upright body)

It can take a while to get right, but it’s profoundly healing for the type of issues you’re having. Also with some standing practice, as your Dantien develops, the Qi will naturally become attracted to it and as you sink you’ll also gently build your Dantien.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, freeform said:

Well if only he could lay off the bong hits - could be a talented cultivator. Once the energy gets really moving it feels much better than getting high anyway :)

With your martial art training you’ve probably come across ‘listening’. Basically an alternative way of observing. Observing is often ‘looking for’ whereas listening is more passive - you allow ‘it’ to come to you.

So in sitting practice you could allow your mind to sink by just relaxing, relaxing, relaxing and allowing this ‘listening awareness’ to slowly sink as it infuses your body from head down to feet.

It’s like puting a sugar cube on the surface of your tea and seeing the tea slowly infuse into the sugar. The tea is your listening and the sugar cube is your body. 

You dont need to actively move your awareness - it will sink and infuse on its own as you relax and let go, while maintaining a quite mind and this listening awareness. (And upright body)

It can take a while to get right, but it’s profoundly healing for the type of issues you’re having. Also with some standing practice, as your Dantien develops, the Qi will naturally become attracted to it and as you sink you’ll also gently build your Dantien.

Hi Freeflow,

Very interesting, I've heard of listening before but I honestly don't know the difference between what i am doing, which i guess is basically trying to feel it as an actual location. It sounds like the same thing as peripheral awareness, except it is inside instead of outside. We have both attention and peripheral awareness - so we have to actively focus the attention otherwise it will move from topic to topic? usually i try and have the attention on the breathe or the dantien, who knows what the peripheral awareness is doing in my case :P. intricate stuff! Even the process of relaxing everything is quite hard in itself!

4 minutes ago, jackaro0 said:

intricate stuff! Even the process of relaxing everything is quite hard in itself!

:lol:

exactly. The Daoist arts are like that. Quite humbling really.

The basic premise is that you’re doing everything wrong, but over the years you reduce the amount of ‘wrong’ bit by bit. Almost impossible to get to perfect :)

• Like 2

It definitely sounds like it. I feel like I have to somehow just let my body be with itself somehow so it can do it's thing and heal naturally, heck knows how to actually achieve that. :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jackaro0 said:

Hey there Gerard,

Do you think this will help me find my dantien? 

Completely irrelevant stuff. Focus on purifying your mind (and regulating the yin-yang of all your 'internal organs'), which will keep you busy for many decades to come.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

Completely irrelevant stuff. Focus on purifying your mind (and regulating the yin-yang of all your 'internal organs'), which will keep you busy for many decades to come.

how to regulate yinyang of the organs?

Sign in to follow this