2ndchance

Martial Artists or Qigong Masters who practise Meditation

Hey all, I like to know any Martial Artists and/or Qigong Masters who also practise Static Meditations.

Shaolin Martial Artists Meditators, Tendai Martial Artists Meditators, Zen Martial Artists Meditators are some people whom I like to connect with.

I am also interested in knowing Qigong Masters who practise Meditations of all types.

Looking forward to all your inputs. 

Thanks.

My primary practice used to be martial arts with meditation secondary. That is now reversed for me. Meditation is far more important in my life, martial arts not so much. 

11 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

Martial Artists and/or Qigong Masters who also practise Static Meditations.

I think my Martial Arts has evolved into Static Meditations.

While at the same time, my Static Meditations are actually doing what I used to do with Martial Arts.

Doing both for so long - they reversed and disappeared.

I am surprised now when I see them at all.

But I know they are still there, like the back of my knees are.

Because that's how the backs of my knees were built.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

This just my  greenhorn, Chris Farely  stumbling down the mountain  way of understanding...but does that mean static posture is the missing link as far as power development and cultivation of self is concerned?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zorro Dantes said:

This just my  greenhorn, Chris Farely  stumbling down the mountain  way of understanding...but does that mean static posture is the missing link as far as power development and cultivation of self is concerned?

My martial arts teacher used to say that if you want to develop real power, practice taijiquan; and if you want to take your taijiqian to the next level, practice meditation.

• Like 1

Something like taijiquan can be a meditation in and by itself. It is called meditation in movement and if someone can meditate deeply during the taijiquan form, they’re doing very well from all aspects of meditation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zorro Dantes said:

power development and cultivation of self

I think that you will find these to be polar opposites.

MANY start out looking for "Power".

When they get that, they eventually see what that really means.

That's when "Cultivation of Self" begins.

Because the first idea of "Power" is almost always a False Idea of it.

And "Cultivation of Self" is all there really is for anyone to do, and will produce the only real "Power" they will actually "obtain"

And that "Power" will be exactly NOT what the first idea was about.

-Vonkrankenhaus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zorro Dantes said:

My teachers called ZZ/standing meditation the "keys to the system" (any internal system).  Too bad for me, I never enjoyed it... I'd rather move around!  But I've stood enough to see the power that lies in it...

• Like 3

On 2/4/2019 at 1:30 PM, Fa Xin said:

There’s many of us here. Any specific questions ?

Yes, I am looking for any practitioners who practice and even combine various teachings of Daoism, Buddhism, Soft Martial Arts, Neigong chinese breathing chinese meditation, Neidang internal alchemy etc of the various schools of spiritualities in Tibet and China.

I am looking to incorporate various practices from Tibet, China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Mongolia .. Many years ago, I sense the underlying common energies beneath the various practices from these regions but I was unable to tap into it until now..

On 13/02/2019 at 12:33 AM, 2ndchance said:

Soft Martial Arts, chinese breathing chinese meditation, Neidang internal alchemy

What are these ^^

Chinese breathing ????

Do the Chinese breathe differently to other nationalities ???

On 2019-02-13 at 1:33 AM, 2ndchance said:

Yes, I am looking for any practitioners who practice and even combine various teachings of Daoism, Buddhism, Soft Martial Arts, Neigong chinese breathing chinese meditation, Neidang internal alchemy etc of the various schools of spiritualities in Tibet and China.

You are describing quite a few who are posting here. 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:29 AM, lifeforce said:

What are these ^^

Chinese breathing ????

Do the Chinese breathe differently to other nationalities ???

Well I am very interested to discuss and learn from anyone who practice the combined spiritual methods of Daoism and Buddhism.

I understand that the Chinese Buddhists have learn a lot from their Daoist brethren and vice versa over the last few thousand years.

16 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

You are describing quite a few who are posting here. 

Any recommendations?

I would really love to learn and discuss Daoism, Buddhism, Soft Martial Arts, Neigong chinese breathing chinese meditation, Neidang internal alchemy etc of the various schools of spiritualities in Tibet and China with the few who are posting in here.

11 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

Any recommendations?

Most threads here cover aspects of your interest. 

So, either join in, or formulate a question or a topic a little more clearly. I am sure someone will chime in. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Most threads here cover aspects of your interest. 

So, either join in, or formulate a question or a topic a little more clearly. I am sure someone will chime in. 

Ok my first question would be, how do qigong masters practice qigong movements with silent stillness.

There is this stillness qigong taught by ya mu.

So i am wondering how to combine qigong movements or any kind of movements being used by internal martial artists and qigong masters with the concept of silent stillness.

Appreciate your teachings.

Guest ezza

Curious to know what your primary purpose or outcome is that you are seeking from this?

A good piece of advice - that I don't always follow - but have used to great success in the past is to find one system, method, practice, habit or what have you (in whatever it is that you want to do) and to follow that for at least 6 months to a year - considering it moves you closer to your outcome and end purpose.

Once you do that, this helps build and provide a more solid foundation for you to be able to experience and try out other methods, forms, systems, and practices to see what truly works for you and what doesn't.

When trying to do everything and mixing things here and there, this makes it a harder to go deeper into any one thing and trukly experience it.

The Tao is in everyone and everything, this is why masters of any craft, whether sports, business, Qi Gong, martial arts, or music, after they have gotten a deep fundamental understanding of it, can see the similarities in all things they observe. Same is true for meditation masters, they can test out different practices and easily see the nuances of how it effects them, generally after they have gone very deep with one and "mastered" it

I

7 minutes ago, ezza said:

Curious to know what your primary purpose or outcome is that you are seeking from this?

A good piece of advice - that I don't always follow - but have used to great success in the past is to find one system, method, practice, habit or what have you (in whatever it is that you want to do) and to follow that for at least 6 months to a year - considering it moves you closer to your outcome and end purpose.

Once you do that, this helps build and provide a more solid foundation for you to be able to experience and try out other methods, forms, systems, and practices to see what truly works for you and what doesn't.

When trying to do everything and mixing things here and there, this makes it a harder to go deeper into any one thing and trukly experience it.

The Tao is in everyone and everything, this is why masters of any craft, whether sports, business, Qi Gong, martial arts, or music, after they have gotten a deep fundamental understanding of it, can see the similarities in all things they observe. Same is true for meditation masters, they can test out different practices and easily see the nuances of how it effects them, generally after they have gone very deep with one and "mastered" it

If i am meditating, i can experience some sort of stillness silence.

However, when I am not meditating, I cannot experience stillness silence.

When I cannot get into the mode of stillness silence, my spiritual enemies will bombard me with unawareness, sleepiness, tiredness, fatigue, emotional attacks.

So I am practicing qigong now. Sometimes I get into the zone of stillness silence qigong.

But more importantly, I am learning to move with the awareness of grace of stillness silence qigong even when I am not practicing qigong.

When I walk, I try to walk with the awareness of grace of stillness silent qigong.

When I eat, I try to eat with awareness of grace of stillness silent qigong.

The big problems come when I read and try to type on the internet.

1 minute ago, 2ndchance said:

I

Practice more. 

When I cannot get into the mode of stillness silence, my spiritual enemies will bombard me with unawareness, sleepiness, tiredness, fatigue, emotional attacks.

So I am practicing qigong now. Sometimes I get into the zone of stillness silence qigong.

But more importantly, I am learning to move with the awareness of grace of stillness silence qigong even when I am not practicing qigong.

When I walk, I try to walk with the awareness of grace of stillness silent qigong.

Bagwa, xing yi, taiji, some Shaolin methods. 

Find one, practice a huge amount for a long time. 

Then don't. 

• Haha 1

Guest ezza
25 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

What do you use as a meditation object when you mediate?

25 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

Yes, a great goal and thing to strive for is being able to take what we do on the mat and incorporate it back into our lives. Meditation should be a 24/7 thing, they call it mindfulness these days but really it's just a mild form of meditation. 

It helps a lot to have an anchor/object to keep tethered to as we go about our lives otherwise we experience those things you mentioned, unawareness, sleepiness, tiredness etc. 

27 minutes ago, 2ndchance said:

Yeah perfect, you have the idea. It's a gradual step process, we can't operate completely from stillness silence 24/7 from just meditating a little while, we need to keep deepening our practice ON the mat and OFF of it.

And yeah when we need to think to do work and engage in thoughts this obviously makes things difficult!

Cessation-contemplation practice such as taught by Confucius is recommended for this, or in other words "observing" thoughts as a third party entity so we don't get overly caught up in them or attached, which then leads us to getting bombarded and distracted by all matters and manners in our head

7 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

I always sit in full lotus at the internet typing - or reading.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:57 PM, 2ndchance said:

Hey all, I like to know any Martial Artists and/or Qigong Masters who also practise Static Meditations.

Shaolin Martial Artists Meditators, Tendai Martial Artists Meditators, Zen Martial Artists Meditators are some people whom I like to connect with.

I am also interested in knowing Qigong Masters who practise Meditations of all types.

Looking forward to all your inputs. 

Thanks.

If you're looking for "teachers"  maybe try the "teachers" subforum.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:03 AM, 2ndchance said:

Ok my first question would be, how do qigong masters practice qigong movements with silent stillness.

I'm certainly no master, but one of my favorite forms is the Pan Gu form.  A simple form, mostly making circles with your hands.  I've found I get similar energetics from it, standing still and imagining my hands are going through the motions.