2ndchance

How to conduct Shamanic Journey to Forgive Enemies?

Say you have someone an enemy whom you really hate?

How do you conduct a shamanic journey to forgive your most hated enemy?

Please share your stories here.

First you take their skull... And then you place it... I'm just kidding.  :lol:

Just stop hating them, and they're forgiven.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Idk about shamanic journeys, but I think 2 ideas are good:

1) Focus on the things that redeem them as a person.

Let's say if they were once kind to you, but no longer are...focus on what they used to do for you. Or let's say they're not kind to you, but only to one other person...focus on how good they are to be that kind to that person. Or let's say you know of no redeeming qualities...imagine in a past life that they were the kindest person to you. Focus on that.

2) Imagine they're destined to endure the worst possible torment, for 100,000 years without ceasing. Keep imagining that happening to them, and think if it could really be real that they will go through that as a result of being unacceptable to you. If you truly keep envisioning it and thinking it could really happen to them, compassion will rise up for them naturally, and you'll want it not to happen.

My type of shaman journeying, is not the way to achieve a internal act of forgiveness. I can offer the following, which is how I personally keep free of troublesome thoughts. :)

Alchemy lite:

Edited by mrpasserby
I was cultavated by the wisdom of another post and made needed corrections to my post

The shamanic way to address this would be to heal or retrieve your damaged soul through connection with the natural elements.

One could journey inward and identify what is lacking or excessive from an elemental point of view - earth, water, fire, air, and space in the tradition I follow. Then connecting with elements that are lacking or their converse if in excess is a simplistic and accessible approach to shamanic healing.

The approach to forgiveness could take the form of looking dispassionately at your "enemy's" actions to see how they arise from circumstances and conditioning - their fears, anxieties, conditioning, habitual, and dysfunctional patterns. This is supported by, once again, looking inward to see how the situation may look from their perspective. Do they really mean harm? If so, what would motivate that? If you shared their perspective might you have taken similar action? Most people feel that they are generally doing the "right" thing from their perspective. Is it possible to see this perspective?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heyo heya heya heya, heyo heya heya heya. 

My enemy. Wants me dead. The end of my hatred. I have also wanted to die. The end of my hatred. 

It never works out, I am cursed, by my fear. I call it my secret. That I have chosen to hate you, because you failed to kill me. You failed for such a long time. So I fight evermore. You'll always have to proof that you are greater than me. And you will never succeed. Because you have already failed. 

You cannot repair what you have broken. So I become a new person. Forget you, because that is the most painful for both of us. And thus the dream lives on in a new pain evermore. 

Untill we both accept the pain we have caused unto eachother. Evermore, realise the reason for all of it. Thus no longer needing to search for it any longer. 

On 2/2/2019 at 7:19 AM, 2ndchance said:

How do you conduct a shamanic journey to forgive your most hated enemy?

There should be no need.

If you have "hated enemies" in the first place - THAT is the issue.

If you see even one "enemy", then find out how THAT happened.

What weakness causes you to see Enemies?

And what further weakness causes you to Hate, anything?

What can you not accept?

Where did such limited capacity actually come from?

What has weakened you?

That can be the end of the "journey" - it's right there at the beginning.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

There should be no need.

If you have "hated enemies" in the first place - THAT is the issue.

If you see even one "enemy", then find out how THAT happened.

What weakness causes you to see Enemies?

And what further weakness causes you to Hate, anything?

What can you not accept?

Where did such limited capacity actually come from?

What has weakened you?

That can be the end of the "journey" - it's right there at the beginning.

-VonKrankenhaus

Exactly! And at the source of all things trouble, stems from 1 thing. Tolerance of negative emotion. 

It's like, you think a thought, it feels bad. And instead of saying, ohp, swallow swallow, you continue on in that direction, and you cause trouble for yourself. Now you feel bad, now you've got to deal with that. And now while you're dealing with your pain, now you're suddenly seeing enemies, and now other people are the cause of your pain. And on it goes. You can no longer see clearly, and in the misunderstandings, people also cannot understand you! And now suddenly everything goes wrong. And ofcourse you're gonna make enemies. Cause you're not walking the golden path of alignment, or whatever you call your joy.

But these are all illusions and misunderstandings.

If infact you were really disciplined at feeling good, and then you practice resistance, then you'll just laugh histerically all of the time cause it's completely rediculous and histericall, how something so silly can even be chosen by someone to place their attention on. And you'll be in the middle of 50 sad people, and you're just laughing your absolute butt off at all of them! And the more you look at them the more you laugh, and they'll just eventually all laugh aswell, and everything will be fine again from there on. Cause that's how resistance works, it's tension, and it by its own nature wants to feel relief or release of itself, all by itself.

So you by your nature want to return to your natural joy.

So you in a sense, can describe it like that beginning story of adam and eve. She felt something bad, and was drawn to it. Because that is how energy works, if you don't stop it at its roots, it will continue to grow. So the attraction was what? "Forbidden"

You cannot say no to something, this universe does not understand what "no" means. The more no you say, the more you call unto you that which you are saying no towards.

So notice when you speak sentences like "..., but..."

So you have to say "So stop saying no to pain, and say yes to your natural joy instead."

Energy grows, so if you focus on a discordant energy of resistance, it grows.

However, the growth of the resistance can stop, when you sleep, when you "die", and... When you meditate. You reset your being into your natural state of joy. It's really that simple.

You don't have to undo anything. You just have to stop and let go completely of the resistance that is causing all that trouble, because when you do, everything will turn "magically" back to normal, no infact it is not magical it is completely normal and natural. If you understand how energy actually works. But you have to learn to do this with your fully awakened conscious mind, to receive the conscious benefit, of knowing how it feels to be dead, even whilest alife, thus meditation. Cause saying you need to die, before you gonna allow it, is just silly. You can feel joy now. No matter who what when where.

So you place your attention on something that is good. Or completely neutral. Like you can look at a point in sky or candle or even wall, and stop your eyes from moving, and then you stop thinking, and then your natural joy returns. 

And you move joyously again with the life that is all joyously moving all around you all of the time anyways. But if you're not moving with it, in the sense of energy motionally, emotionally, then, you don't notice it. It goes unnoticed to you all of your life. So nothing can go wrong, even if they appear to have gone wrong. The moment you meditate, you'll just find huge relief, no matter what, who, where, when.

But you have to do it cause you want to feel good more than anything. Because that is the point of your natural being. Because that is who you really are. Because that is your highest truth. That's it.

Not because you wanna "forgive" cause if you wanna be for giving, then first give to yourself! Give yourself the joy you deserve, and then give it to anyone you so desire, but first, for godsake, give it to yourself first. Please :lol:

• Like 1

Here's guided meditation that might be of use.."

If metta is spreading love, Chod is giving up the self, literally offering yourself to a demon..  Perhaps in Tibetans terms the ultimate in metta.  It's strangely satisfying and purifying. 

Maybe not the best thing to do if you're not too balanced though. 

I found it interesting, here's a guided meditation on it.  Chod Meditation 2.mp3

Edited by thelerner

I've simply realised that there are no enemies or friends as this is simply an attachment to people and ideas. You best friend could become your greatest enemy and your greatest enemy could be come your greatest friend!! 

Let go of that which enslaves you and then you find the clarity of now, the eternally present moment.