1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

May I ask if you may have been taught to feel crappy over being angry?

:curious:

Not that I’m aware of. It seems to be a natural response of mine, and I’ve had many anger issues over the years I’ve dealt with thankfully.  I’m not sure I can think of any times where I’ve said “Wow I feel really good that I got angry and yelled” or did XYZ action. Being angry feels out of control. 

Just me though. 😊

40 minutes ago, rideforever said:

As I said if you investigate anger it leads to certain underlying reasons, like wounds that need healing, or action that needs to be taken.   So if healing is needed, then heal.   If action is needed then act.

Feeling justified or crappy ... is not useful.

Well put but those feelings point to something imo. 

29 minutes ago, rideforever said:

It is the doing what needs to be done .... that is the letting it go.
It is an interesting and important distinction.

For some it is, and for others there is sometimes a dwelling on and clinging to..

I'm good with understanding and accepting both, and willing to speak to either. 

Edited by ilumairen

10 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Not that I’m aware of. It seems to be a natural response of mine, and I’ve had many anger issues over the years I’ve dealt with thankfully.  I’m not sure I can think of any times where I’ve said “Wow I feel really good that I got angry and yelled” or did XYZ action. Being angry feels out of control. 

Just me though. 😊

We all have slightly different ideas of what words carry.. thank you for helping me understand what anger indicates for you. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

those feelings point to something imo. 

In some places, perhaps in Buddhism, when anger is detected they investigate it by reducing it to some fine substance (kalpas) and dismissing it's existence and meaning as a part of "dependent origination".
So for them investigating it means reducing it to nothing.

For somebody else they might say, anger means underneath I have a need to act that I am resisting, so I shall act.   And for these people, investigating it means acting.

So you see, it's quite a big difference, although both would consider it "investigating".

So, in my opinion, the total solution is to investigate it at both levels, and act at both levels ... meaning that at a human/psyche level you recognize the need and you act in life, and at an existential level you get to nothingness.   Because life is lived at several levels it should be lived at several levels. 
At each level, I do what needs to be done.

And ... just to be complete.   
There are other levels to work at as well.

Firstly you have to be able to separate from your anger, otherwise if you are lost in anger and your habitual reactions then there's no understanding it.  You are too blended into it to see anything.   And for that to happen, you perhaps need a sense of compassion for yourself.   So that comes before "working on it".

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 11:28 AM, rideforever said:

As I said if you investigate anger it leads to certain underlying reasons, like wounds that need healing, or action that needs to be taken.   So if healing is needed, then heal.   If action is needed then act.

Feeling justified or crappy ... is not useful.

Feeling crappy is the first step to correcting yourself and is extremely useful.

It is also a very good sign when you have committed a Tamasic induced blunder of anger.  If one can not feel this then they are a sociopath or deranged in some hellish unfortunate manner and or fooling themselves sitting in a sattvic state of pride illusion, delusion and error.

If a person is so unaware that they destroy relationships with the burning demonic quality of anger,  hurt others mentally, emotionally and yes even physically and feel no remorse and do not feel crappy then they are in a very Tamasic Hell state and this is not only not good but quite simply terrible. I have known those who feed their demonic nature and it is an unending hell for them. Better to allow your divine nature to hold sway in ones mind.

All anger comes from one root source. That root source is desire.

Soon I will be posting a very long explanation for this and more in a PPD. But for now Dear OP @Zhachev if you blunder then it is good, right and proper for you to feel terrible.

Just remember as the Kriya Yoga Samadhi Master Parmahamsa Hariharnanda always said. " Mistake is not for MIstake,  MIstake is for correcting is it not so?"

The recent whirl wind surrounding a personal experience of "righteous anger and rage" (righteous in the destructive, morally superior, blind anger/ rage sense) is better fitted for the news thread in the rabbit hole. But the commentary I shared a video of there could also fit the discussion here. 

Here's a link to what I shared there, if anyone is interested:

On 2/8/2019 at 7:24 PM, Pilgrim said:

Just remember as the Kriya Yoga Samadhi Master Parmahamsa Hariharnanda always said. " Mistake is not for MIstake,  MIstake is for correcting is it not so?"

Self restraint is higher than self control. Starting with the control of self, I suggest to learning your habits and mistake once and not twice. The reactionary state of mind can be drawn out to find a new unforeseen conclusion. If you would allow yourself to change, you just might change a habit or reaction.