exorcist_1699

How to recognise a taoist master

On 14/04/2022 at 3:37 AM, exorcist_1699 said:

Yes, a real master should have some kind of glow in his/her eyes . The Hollywood movies about superheroes /heroines are not all imaginary .

Are you being serious? 

Edited by -_sometimes

6 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

Are you being serious? 

Yes he is. I’ve previously posted a couple of interesting accounts from John Blofeld which highlight the importance of the eyes:

(Note for aspiring non-dualists, the second account may greatly interest you.)

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2022 at 12:37 PM, exorcist_1699 said:

a real master should have some kind of glow in his/her eyes

The personal will dominates the eyes in the non-enlightened human.

Hence we look at a person's eyes to see if their soul has started to show through. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yueya said:

Yes he is. I’ve previously posted a couple of interesting accounts from John Blofeld which highlight the importance of the eyes:

Actually this reminds me a lot of what is called 'ba' in zen, which refers to an enlightened field of a teacher.

Often a teacher will blast it around a room in zazen as a sort of empowerment, to aid practice. 

I remember the first time I saw it in a teacher, it felt like I was looking at a vast, thundering mountain encapsulated in a human form.

And yes, it was difficult to make eye contact. There's a sort of a relaxed intensity in the eyes when someone is awake. 

• Like 1

if you can teach a rock how to receive radio signals, you can teach a normal mortal to recognize an immortal... (spoiler alert: you cant)

you simply lack the faculties to discern such a being..

7 hours ago, PalmBreather said:

if you can teach a rock how to receive radio signals, you can teach a normal mortal to recognize an immortal... (spoiler alert: you cant)

you simply lack the faculties to discern such a being..

Are you implying that you possess the faculties to discern that you claim others lack?

• Like 1

Isaiah 6:10

Make the heart of this people dull,[a]
    and their ears heavy,
    and blind their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
    and hear with their ears,
and understand with their hearts,
    and turn and be healed.”

我只知道一件事情

如果當有一天你有足夠的能力可以分辨一個老師的時候

你的程度必須比那個老師還要好

以我自己來說,我認為一個老師最起碼要能脫離氣卡在下腹部的限制,要能夠開啟心竅

但是如果我自己沒有開啟心竅,我就無法感受到這些

不過,如果我自己能夠開啟心竅了,我又何必去跟一個程度跟我接近的人學習呢?

所以從氣場去判斷一個老師是很難的,因為你要能夠練得比他還高段,你才有這個能力分辨

但是當你比他高段了,你也不需要他當你老師了

我的建議就是從各家各派的經典

你多看經典,你就會有概念,可以避免被假大師所迷惑

I only know one thing

If one day you have enough ability to distinguish a teacher, you must be better than that teacher

As far as I am concerned, I think that a teacher should at least be able to get rid of the restriction of qi stuck in the lower abdomen, and be able to open the heart Chiao.

But if I don't open my heart Chiao, I can't feel it

However, if I can open my heart Chiao on my own, why should I study with someone who is about the same level as me?

Therefore, it is difficult to judge a teacher from the aura, because you have to be able to practice at a higher level than him, and then you have the ability to distinguish

But when you are higher than him, you don't need him to be your teacher

My suggestion is to start with the classics from every school

If you read more classics, you will have the basic knowledge and can avoid being confused by false masters

12 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Are you implying that you possess the faculties to discern that you claim others lack?

No I am not.. but I have become aware of their existence & legitimacy due to my practices...

I hope to be developing them on my own though..

The book "the coiled serpent" makes a great reference to these beings, calling them "superman", showing how in ancient times, many philosophers referenced them, and making the statement, that we, humanity, as of now, lack the capacity or (psychic) faculties to discern them. to us they simply look like normal humans.. or perhaps if they cloak themselves as animals, just as normal animals!

in another way put, to us they are nothing but "wolves [above human] in sheep [human] clothes", hence we need to be careful how we conduct ourselves publicly, as we may be "entertaining angels [above human] unawares"...

what it basically boils down to, is having cultivated enough chi awareness to the point of being able to wield it and make use of it, as a tool, for example to gage another person's level.. two masters, back in the good old times, knew exactly how strong each other were through checking their chi levels from a distance! things like that..

the avg. Joe (who is a coomer, btw.) has no clue about chi, nor can he use it.. the master walks around with a "wallhack", so to speak, sensing all the chi of all people either in his close proximity or in the entire universe...

you can not discern such a person, but he can discern you! he can shaktipat-style grope you without you even being aware!

and such teachers only approach students who have accumulated enough jing, for example through celibacy ("purity")... IF they ever decide to approach, which is the next big hurdle - they dont really give a shit afaik.. at least from my research into the (true) occult texts, not the mainstream edgy type stuff...

Edited by PalmBreather