Taommy

Greetings from Taommy (a newbie)

Greetings friends - can I call you all friends at such an early stage? ;)

I am quite new on my path. Though the more I read, the more I am realizing that the Tao has been

a part of my life for as long as I can remember - without even realizing it.

When I first started "seriously" reading interpretations of the Tao everything seemed to... I don't

know - click. Like that part of myself that felt ever lacking trying to fit into the molds of modern

religion was just, at peace - finally something that felt "right" to me.

Anyhow, I begin my journey and welcome any advice you are willing to share with someone who

is technically (though not really) new to all this.

Soon I begin work on my meditation garden - had a vision, got to get it done - no excuses...

not even putting in one of my MANY "to do" lists (things that get put on there seem to sit undone for

years!)

I have a lot of stress. It manifests itself in my body physically and I am really trying to break free

of it. Suggestions there - can I beg enough? Starting to devote myself to yoga, but having a hard time

finding something that really breaks down the "basics". I don't have a problem following the DVDs that

I currently own and feeling their benefits - I just want a stronger "foundation". Can ya feel me?

Well... that's all for now - Forgive me I am rushing, I can feel my stress building, as I am

LATE FOR WORK YET AGAIN.

(but I just had to introduce myself... had to do it. )

peace.

Taommy

Edited by Taommy

Taommy,

Welcome to taobums!! Hang out here long enough, and I'm sure you'll find some groovy tips!

The Yoda brainstorm: start with taking some Natural Calm Magnesium (or another mg supplement in powdered form) and practicing a simple form of meditation while lying down 2x a day whether a silent mantra, silent affirmation, meditation CD, relaxing music, or just simply lying there. If you sleep with your head pointing north, I'd change that too. Score some chamomile/sleepytime type of a tea to drink after work.

Those are the get rolling ideas that come to mind.

Imo, each of us has a particular nut to crack and to the extent we can crack it, we create a pathway for others to follow which will have a cascading beneficial effect for everyone else so even just focusing on the basics can be a powerful opportunity to help others which I think is a buried passion in all humans.

Your pal,

Yoda

Thank you Yoda!

Funny, I never was a "north" sleeper... never felt comfortable that way - strange.

(well, I guess not "so" strange, since you suggested changing if that were the case) ;)

I actuall fell asleep today whilst meditating. I am falling into my own I think.

Gonna look into the supplements. Tried the tea - not keen on the taste of chamo or the sleepytime.

Ever searching...

~Taommy

They've done pilot studies on mice that sleep with their heads to the north have higher stress hormones than mice that sleep in other directions, with all other things being equal.