dapub

How reputable are Master Zhou Xuan Yun and Daoist Gate Wudang Arts?

I've been researching Daoism and have been using his resources and was wondering if he is reputable.

8 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

Reputable for what?

Does he have a reputable lineage? Is he a cult leader? Is he a criminal? Are his tai chi teachings authentic? stuff like that!

10 minutes ago, dapub said:

Does he have a reputable lineage? Is he a cult leader? Is he a criminal? Are his tai chi teachings authentic? stuff like that!

The answer is no to all.

That said he is much better than an average "Taoism" teacher.

Also, his blog is quite amusing

https://daoistgate.com/1question/

• Like 1

Based on posts I found on web, he is not a criminal.

Does he has a reputable lineage?  In terms of Religion? Neidan? Qigong?  I could not find anything about them.

Is he a cult leader?  No. 

Are his tai chi teachings authentic?  Authentic has different levels. For a beginner, it may be authentic.

It is all legit he grew up on the mountain he demonstrates true skill. If you live near boston and can train with him you will benefit greatly. Personal experience is far greater then a website or PR to promote of a product. It Takes time for someone to get to know you and gain their trust. Once one can prove themselves worthy of the teaching they will enter the inner circle.

Most masters will teach the outer forms all day long to anybody but the true skill is in the details and inner work. In brief not a waste of time if done in person with respect to your master forever even if you are lucky enough to exceed their skill and good luck with that when someone like Master Zhou has been training at a very young age, 8 hours a day.