Sign in to follow this  
human.temp

Glad I am here :)

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, thank you for this space. I have been looking for a community to read and share experiences for a while, and you guys give me a good feeling, so here I am.

 

I have been trying to find my way into inner exploration for some time now, but I am still all over the place. I have been reading and listening a lot in the hope that certain ideas would eventually "click", but sometimes I have the impression that I am just adding to the confusion. I have tried to meditate to reduce the noise, but I am having a hard time finding a practice that suits me and doesn't throw me into mental or emotional states that I cannot manage. So far it feels like I have just been stirring dirt instead of clearing the water. I hope we can have some good discussions while I figure things out :)

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, human.temp, and welcome.

 

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

 

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

 

For the¬†first week¬†you will be restricted to¬†ten¬†posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you‚Äôve posted¬†fifteen¬†times in the forums, you‚Äôll be a ‚ÄúJunior Bum‚ÄĚ with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only¬†two¬†private messages per day.

 

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

 

Fa Xin and the TDB team

 

Welcome human.temp,

 

Check out the forums, read around and explore. I am sure there will be something that catches your eye and rings true. Welcome, and enjoy. :)

 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

 

May you enjoy your time here.

 

Fa Xin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, human.temp said:

Hi everyone, thank you for this space. I have been looking for a community to read and share experiences for a while, and you guys give me a good feeling, so here I am.

 

I have been trying to find my way into inner exploration for some time now, but I am still all over the place. I have been reading and listening a lot in the hope that certain ideas would eventually "click", but sometimes I have the impression that I am just adding to the confusion. I have tried to meditate to reduce the noise, but I am having a hard time finding a practice that suits me and doesn't throw me into mental or emotional states that I cannot manage. So far it feels like I have just been stirring dirt instead of clearing the water. I hope we can have some good discussions while I figure things out :)

 

 

 

A big part of the issue is that you have started to open and feeling some energy.  That energy is probably spilling over in your mind when you meditate or quiet your mind.  You may want to consider some practices that are more about energy movement. It will help you to become more consciously aware of it all, and less subconscious spillover stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the welcome Fa Xin^_^

 

 

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

 

A big part of the issue is that you have started to open and feeling some energy.  That energy is probably spilling over in your mind when you meditate or quiet your mind.  You may want to consider some practices that are more about energy movement. It will help you to become more consciously aware of it all, and less subconscious spillover stuff.

 

Thank you Jeff, which practices do you refer to? I agree with your comment -- lately I have been trying more concentration based meditations, which have been very impactful, but also leave me with a lot of feelings that I cannot understand and end up scaring me off the practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome human.temporarily, lots of meat bodied things to write about here, enjoy your stay in our little piece of the universe

 

 

 

028-screens.png

 

017-bones.png

026-pain.png

 

 

Edited by King Jade
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, human.temp said:

Thank you for the welcome Fa Xin^_^

 

 

 

Thank you Jeff, which practices do you refer to? I agree with your comment -- lately I have been trying more concentration based meditations, which have been very impactful, but also leave me with a lot of feelings that I cannot understand and end up scaring me off the practice. 

 

Something like body scanning (Buddhist) or micro cosmic orbit (Taoist).  Even just focusing on different parts of your body in motion can help.  Do you ever feel any little vibrations at locations in the body?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi King Jade, thank you for the welcome and handy diagrams :)

 

 

On 1/23/2019 at 8:55 PM, Jeff said:

 

Something like body scanning (Buddhist) or micro cosmic orbit (Taoist).  Even just focusing on different parts of your body in motion can help.  Do you ever feel any little vibrations at locations in the body?

 

How about yoga? I got into Isha meditation recently ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4hCvdDn7Zc ), and feel stuff going on in my chest throughout the day. It's not unpleasant, but not exactly pleasant either. Reading around I figured it may be because I am not breathing properly...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this