dim

Stillness-Movement Qigong basics steps

Hello! I've started looking through the book by Lomax and have a few questions about the process of S-M.

I've read the steps in the book. From my understanding, basically your focus during the meditation should be on Dantian and complete relaxation and let go with right hand then left hand on Dantian? And then and any physical/energetic sensations, go with? 

Is that pretty much it? 

Also, does the Gift of the Tao DVD have s-m meditation process on it??

Thanks!!

24 minutes ago, dim said:

From my understanding, basically your focus during the meditation should be on Dantian and complete relaxation and let go with right hand then left hand on Dantian? And then and any physical/energetic sensations, go with? 

sounds like a good start.  my only suggestion, is to not get in a hurry. 

meditation takes years and years of daily sitting.  If one is in a hurry to get some where or change something, or experience something, then most will stop sitting in a couple of months.

Just play, with a kind of attitude of letting go, and seeing what one will see, no matter what.  to just walk the road without exceptions.   good luck

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zen Pig said:

sounds like a good start.  my only suggestion, is to not get in a hurry. 

meditation takes years and years of daily sitting.  If one is in a hurry to get some where or change something, or experience something, then most will stop sitting in a couple of months.

Just play, with a kind of attitude of letting go, and seeing what one will see, no matter what.  to just walk the road without exceptions.   good luck

Thanks Zen Pig... I just wanted to verify S-M... and also see what exactly is on Gift of the Tao 1 DVD (including S-M?), because I was considering purchase. 

I'm not new to meditation , energy work, altered states. Qigong I am pretty new too however. 

• Like 1

good question. i recently purchased Lomax' book on Amazon and was interested in SM, too. Any elaboration about SM technique from somebody would be greatly appreciated!

Gift of the Tao has the vibration of Stillness Movement in it, although the dvd's don't go over the practice of Stillness Movement.

To do Stillness Movement, you do the movements to initiate the energy with gentle attention to the LDT. The most important part is initiating the energy with the movements, then letting go.

The rest will take care of itself.

Stillness Movement is best practiced with a transmission, although Gift of the Tao will give you quick access to the vibration and energy.

Thanks,

John