Sign in to follow this  
dao zhen

History and Practice of Taoism - Links -

For people who can read Chinese , I strongly propose them to read the original taoist classics, especially those written during the Ming and Ching Dynasty ( ie , recent 500 years). Not only because those books were written in plain Chinese close to modern texts, but also because those writings do get rid of all weird jargons ( tiger, dragon, rabbit , the South..), and directly use precise terms such as Jin (sperm),qi and Sheng ( Spirit).

For those who know no Chinese but are gifted in language and tough enough, I recommend them to spend 4-5 years in learning Chinese, after all, to any individual in this world , nothing is more worthy of doing than having the ability of manipulating the life and death issue in his/her own hands.

For people who can read Chinese , I strongly propose them to read the original taoist classics, especially those written during the Ming and Ching Dynasty ( ie , recent 500 years). Not only because those books were written in plain Chinese close to modern texts, but also because those writings do get rid of all weird jargons ( tiger, dragon, rabbit , the South..), and directly use precise terms such as Jin (sperm),qi and Sheng ( Spirit).

For those who know no Chinese but are gifted in language and tough enough, I recommend them to spend 4-5 years in learning Chinese, after all, to any individual in this world , nothing is more worthy of doing than having the ability of manipulating the life and death issue in his/her own hands.

That is not a bad idea, so long as the person learning chinese remembers to specifically study Classical Chinese, since most modern chinese readers have a very hard time reading the classics.

Sign in to follow this