Lin Ai Wei

Lin Ai Wei (Yes it's me)

Hey Every One,

It has been ages since I stuck my head into the Dao Bums realm. I don't even remember my old email and password it has been so long.

I hope you are all doing well, and perhaps I can rejoin the main discussions.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

• Like 5

Hello, Lin Ai Wei, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Lin,

Enjoy the forums, again! Glad to have you back. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Just seeing this now. 

Welcome back.  I hope you'll be active and share your wisdom and considerable experience here. 

How are you and what have you been doing lately?  As a long time practitioner how does ones practice evolve? 

Thanks

Michael

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Welcome Lin,

Enjoy the forums, again! Glad to have you back. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thank Fa Xin!

I am working on getting my old account back. Just running a few checks here and there with the admins. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thelerner said:

Just seeing this now. 

Welcome back.  I hope you'll be active and share your wisdom and considerable experience here. 

How are you and what have you been doing lately?  As a long time practitioner how does ones practice evolve? 

Thanks

Michael

Michael! How the hell are ya?!

I'm working on getting my old account up and running. In the meantime, I will be on this one

Long story about my goings-on, however, progression in practice becomes most confusing when closest to the point of asking "is there anything left?"

At that point, stripping down everything once thought to be true, because there is nothing left, becomes key to a greater realization.

:-D

• Like 1

I'm cold man but its a good cold.  Just done with a 50 minute hike to see the eclipse of the wolf moon.  Very nice, surprisingly slow. 

Your insights rings very true.  Not because I'm close to it, but from advanced practitioners I've read.  I think I'm more in an apathetic stage of development with no road beneath my feet.  Keep moving and the road will come.. or something will. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lin Ai Wei said:

:-D

Let me take advantage of your presence.

What are your thoughts on eyes during meditation.  I've spent most of my meditative life, keeping them closed.  Maybe a little bit in zen half eye.  Lately I'm keeping them open and defused, until they fall shut by themselves. 

Any recommendation or general philosophies on the eyes during meditation. 

7 hours ago, thelerner said:

Let me take advantage of your presence.

What are your thoughts on eyes during meditation.  I've spent most of my meditative life, keeping them closed.  Maybe a little bit in zen half eye.  Lately I'm keeping them open and defused, until they fall shut by themselves. 

Any recommendation or general philosophies on the eyes during meditation. 

Bring the attention at the eyes inwards to any focal point you wish, be it Dan Tian, Zhong Tian (Middle field/heart chakra center),

Pineal Gland, or Crown, or all of them. If closed, it is easier to fall asleep, and also see images in the mind. That makes it easier to follow them, which you don't want to do. So, if you keep your eyes closed, know that what you see is just passing, and don't follow them.

Eyes open causes the eyes to dry up, and it sucks. You don't want that. However, opened eyes cultivate an attentive and active mind (also meaning energy here). Eyes half closed is good, doesn't let your eyes dry up, but doesn't allow you to nod off. If you can stay awake with eyes closed, go for it. Either way, any position of the eyes is fine just as long as you grasp the attention from the eyes, and direct it inwards. This goes for any of the other senses.

Hope this helps :D

Peace,

Lin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My account is back up and running! I will be using this account from now on.

Apologies to those who had inboxed me. It has been a long time.

Thank you to the admins and everyone who helped: @Fa Xin @Kar3n @Apech

• Like 4