2ndchance

Buddhist Practices vs Taoist Practices

Posting in this forum, typing each key with water mindfulness, reading each word with water focus, that may be practice by itself.

An idiot practicing meditation all day all night long get tested when out of meditation.

He still fails when not meditating.

It is the quality, not the quantity.

What is the quality of dao bums posting?

Am I spreading wisdom or am I just writing my worthless 2 cents?

Am I typing each key with careful water mindfulness.

Fill your mind your entire body with water, the element of water, the power of water, the healing of water, the changing nature of water, the yin of water as your head keeps getting knocking backwards against the back of your bed.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I fill my belly with water.  From waist down I am earth.  My lungs and chest are air.  My head is lightness of awareness, shifting and exploring.  I keep the elements close so I can call on the one or combination that I need. 

addon: I'm not kidding about belly/water thing, I enjoy Rawn Clarks Archaeous series.  9 levels of hermetic elemental stacking http://abardoncompanion.de/Archaeous-Links.html 

Synopsis- RAWN'S  SELF-HEALING  ARCHAEOUS

Stage #1)  Healing through discerning and integrating your three bodies --

Integrating the Physical:

Situate yourself comfortably. 

Turn your attention to your feet and relax them completely.  Intimately experience every physical sensation that your feet relay to you at this moment.

Slowly move your attention up your legs, relaxing and connecting with each vein, muscle, bone, organ and patch of skin.  Continue upward in this manner till you have established a clear and relaxed awareness of your entire physical body.

Though certainly healing in its own right, this primary step of connecting closely with your physical body, is a common one and therefore is not counted among the Archaeous' thirteen enumerated "levels" of healing.  In effect, this step corresponds to zero and, quite appropriately, it is where the Archaeous both begins and ends.

Integrating the Astral:

With your awareness thus spread evenly throughout your physical body, expand your focus outward a few inches till you sense your astral body's vibrant energy.  Though difficult to adequately describe, once it is encountered and experienced, the feeling of the astral body's "bright" energy will be unmistakable. 

Generally, it is physically stimulating -- for some people, it is dangerously so.  Therefore, it is best to approach a conscious sensorial contact with your astral body, in controlled and small  increments.  Begin with just a few brief moments of contact with this energy, and then immediately restrict the focus of your awareness back down to the dimensions of your physical body. 

Whatever energy you feel stimulating your physical body, must then be consciously integrated into your physical muscles, bones, organs, skin, etc.  By mentally guiding this bright astral energy into your physical body, into your very cellular structure itself, you effect the first level of healing in the Archaeous.

Acclimate your physical body to your astral energy slowly.  Your goal over time, is to be able to comfortably sense your entire astral body and consciously integrate it into your physical body.  Your focus at this point is not to be upon "astral travel" or the separation of your astral form from your physical; rather, it is to be exclusively upon the integration of the two. 

Again, a note of caution is in order:  The astral body acts as a matrix for the physical body.  Its bright energy is the medium through which the mental body determines the nature of its physical vehicle.  The character of the astral energy, is that it is shaped by the mental level (thought and will); and in its own turn, it shapes the physical level.

Therefore, when you consciously (mentally) connect with your physical body and then expand that awareness to include your astral body, you will have opened nature's own pathways of healing.  Consciously integrating your astral matrix into your physical body, grounds this bright energy into physical manifestation, bringing your physical body into closer accord with your astral matrix..

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

I fill my belly with water.  From waist down I am earth.  My lungs and chest are air.  My head is lightness of awareness, shifting and exploring.  I keep the elements close so I can call on the one or combination that I need. 

I fill my belly with beer. From my waist down, it feels like I am walking on slippery Mud. 

And my head is full of spirits, my awareness seems to be shifting and unable to focus. 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Many years ago, when I was in my early 20s, I had a near-death-experience (NDE) during which I emerged completely symptom-free from a 3-day "irreversible coma" when the doctors had said beforehand that this was impossible since there was clearly brain damage and organ damage. During that experience, I could see my body from afar, the entire hospital room, and verifiable things that were outside the range of physical sight (remote viewing). I had glimpses of the universal panorama as well as a mystical vision (which I completely misinterpreted but turned out to be eerily prophetic) that shifted my focus to eastern practices. Having been raised Roman Catholic, I could not explain these and other experiences during this period in the light of the limited Christian theology to which I had been exposed.

I followed many of the Taoist and Buddhist practices noted in this thread and actually met Taoist and Buddhist masters in remote regions throughout the world. I also engaged in yoga and related meditation practices. When meeting such masters, I invariably asked how certain unexplainable (by me) happenings directly perceived by me were possible and how certain teachings could be validated for one's self since I was not content with merely repeating the words of others. That began a period of intense purification and validating practices.

Eventually, I met a teacher under whom I was to study for many years. Her most appealing words were: "Question everything, including what I say, and, if a teacher can't point you to the direct experiences, then go elsewhere." From that point on, I learned how to validate whatever resonated with me from the eastern teachings and practices to which I had become attracted. It became clear that intellectual understanding and parroting words of alleged masters are not the same as understanding/realization.

Here, on this forum, I read many grandiose statements and am in agreement with many of them. However, whenever I ask questions regarding how such statements can be validated or how posters came to those conclusions, there is only silence as the intellectual posturing continues. This leads me to believe that there is a lot of intellectualizing in this form with people parading around as if they are enlightened guides to others. (It should be noted that this is most assuredly helpful to others nonetheless.) However, I am wondering whether all these words are exactly that --- just words --- with nothing in the way of direct validating experiences to back them up. Correct me if I am wrong, but I would like to hear more about HOW posters here came to realize the statements that they make and to read LESS casual quoting of others with no perceived attempt to validate/verify.

Without disputing that "Mind creates Reality" or cryptic references to " that which gives birth to the One" and other statements presented here, I would like to hear more about what convinced people of what they write so casually and HOW they went about validating such statements. Otherwise, it is still interesting talk --- but nonetheless just talk by people who seem satisfied with their intellectual astuteness. If that satisfies, then so be it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Still_Waters said:

Many years ago, when I was in my early 20s, I had a near-death-experience (NDE) during which I emerged completely symptom-free from a 3-day "irreversible coma" when the doctors had said beforehand that this was impossible since there was clearly brain damage and organ damage. During that experience, I could see my body from afar, the entire hospital room, and verifiable things that were outside the range of physical sight (remote viewing). I had glimpses of the universal panorama as well as a mystical vision (which I completely misinterpreted but turned out to be eerily prophetic) that shifted my focus to eastern practices. Having been raised Roman Catholic, I could not explain these and other experiences during this period in the light of the limited Christian theology to which I had been exposed.

I followed many of the Taoist and Buddhist practices noted in this thread and actually met Taoist and Buddhist masters in remote regions throughout the world. I also engaged in yoga and related meditation practices in addition to seeking out masters from various other traditions (Sufism, Christianity, Kabbalistic Judaism, Zen Buddhism, shamans, etc.) When meeting such masters, I invariably asked how certain unexplainable (by me) happenings directly perceived by me were possible and how certain teachings could be validated for one's self since I was not content with merely repeating the words of others. That began a period of intense purification and validating practices.

Eventually, I met a teacher under whom I was to study for many years. Her most appealing words were: "Question everything, including what I say, and, if a teacher can't point you to the direct experiences, then go elsewhere." From that point on, I learned how to validate whatever resonated with me from the eastern teachings and practices to which I had become attracted. It became clear that intellectual understanding and parroting words of alleged masters are not the same as understanding/realization.

Here, on this forum, I read many grandiose statements and am in agreement with many of them. However, whenever I ask questions regarding how such statements can be validated or how posters came to those conclusions, there is only silence as the intellectual posturing continues. This leads me to believe that there is a lot of intellectualizing in this forum with people presenting themselves as enlightened guides to others. (It should be noted that this is most assuredly helpful to others nonetheless as one learns something from everyone and everything.) However, I am wondering whether all these words are exactly that --- just words --- with nothing in the way of direct validating experiences to back them up. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sensing a deficiency in hearing HOW posters here came to realize the statements that they make and too much casual quoting of others with no perceived attempt to validate/verify.

Without disputing that "Mind creates Reality" or cryptic references to " that which gives birth to the One" and other statements presented here, I would like to hear more about what convinced people of what they write so casually and HOW they went about validating such statements. Otherwise, it is still interesting and helpful talk --- but nonetheless just talk by people who seem satisfied with their intellectual astuteness. If that satisfies, then so be it.

ok, so you validated this or that mystery for yourself, cool,...  but you are having doubts about other people validating mystery for themselves?....That really takes the shrinks cake for if you are as experienced as you believe you are then you know that you can not prove or be made to prove mystery to anyone else and that someone else can not be expected to or be made  to prove mystery to you!  Thus your presumptions about some kind of concrete public "validation" that apparently meets your criteria for approval are way off imo..    Btw. someone pointing is helpful but it is not a validating for them - which only they can do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Still_Waters said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I would like to hear more about HOW posters here came to realize the statements that they make and to read LESS casual quoting of others with no perceived attempt to validate/verify.

HOW they went about validating such statements.

I totally agree with you - there are regular posters on this forum who solely rely on "intellectual" analysis - and even go so far as to "self censor" if someone claims direct experience information. So what I recommend for people is to seek out qigong masters who have strong healing abilities. I first saw a poster on a telephone pole in 1995 - for qigong master Effie P. Chow. I was so skeptical I called the number, asked for a discount for the admission fee. I heard her respond in the background and then the lady on the phone said - "half off" - so I had only to pay $10 for the qi demonstration - and my girlfriend accompanied me. She didn't feel anything but she had serious health problems - so maybe her channels were too blocked up. I felt strong magnetic force pushing my hands apart - after qigong master Effie P. Chow said she filled the room with qi - and she told us to make "qi balls." Then after almost everyone was gone - a security guard wandered in, stating, "Just wondering what was going on in here since the fuse got blown in the room behind you." That was the room just behind Effie P. Chow. Almost no one heard this security guard say this - and Effie P. Chow didn't really respond. haha.

So then I was set on investigating this more and in 1996 I went to S.F. where Effie P. Chow teaches - but I didn't have the money to actually go see her in person. But I did find a couple more qigong books or energy healing books - one called Biosonics. See my background was in music training and my own theory was that music explained this healing energy - a certain kind of music-math philosophy that got covered up by the West.

So I kept studying this on my own and then I started practicing Yan Xin qigong with the chinese community at the U of MN - also I was celibate- and I was asked by the organizer, if anyone had felt anything. I stood up to the microphone and reported I felt get heat in my belly. I had no idea that this was supposed to happen. haha. So that was 1997. I also went to see a Tibetan monk give a lecture. When I got home I thought I had a headache which I never get. Then I realized it was a peculiar force sensation just in the center of my forehead. I had been listening to the Tibetan monk with great concentration - so I realized that the energy point must have gotten activated.

So my friend at the house told me about how she had practiced qigong meditation with Chunyi Lin and a philosophy professor - at a community college. I didn't think too much about it until Chunyi then gave a talk to my graduate class on spiritual healing. I had read David Eisenberg's book "Encounters with Qi" that reports telekinesis. Chunyi looked just like the qigong master that did telekinesis in that book. Also I felt heat from Chunyi as I sat right next to him talking. I didn't say anything but then he said, "If you sit nearby me you will feel heat." That surprised me - like he had read my mind.

So then when I took his community class - it was at St. Thomas University - and he said he would walk past us but not touch us - as we did "moving of yin and yang" and he did the "sword fingers" to send energy into us. He said we would hear a shaking sound from his fingers moving. So as he walked past me - my eyes were closed but suddenly as I heard the shaking sound - I saw a bright yellow light and my heart filled with this amazing love bliss. When my girlfriend picked me up (a different one) - I had to admit to myself that the love and bliss I had experienced was better than anything I had experienced with my girlfriend. haha.

So then I kept studying on my own and was determined to study with Chunyi Lin. http://springforestqigong.com

So around this time in 1999 - I started reading Mantak Chia and also I started reading the book "TAoist YOga: Alchemy and Immortality" - so it turns out that book is very dense. I highly recommend it. It gives great details of the qigong training. And then I finished my master's degree by doing intensive "self-directed" research through the African Studies department in Nonwestern Philosophy by doing the qigong meditation.

So then I had been reading tons of meditation books as part of my research and I took more classes and I meditated. So at the Level 2 class - Chunyi said how he could read what percentage someone's organs were blocked. So during the break I went up to him and asked him what percentage my right kidney was working. I had been feeling some heat in my right kidney. But as he stood facing me - he looked THROUGH my body and I felt a strong LASER bliss just precisely on the right kidney. Then he said - "about 70%" - and I just got this big smile and said "thanks."

And so to prepare for the Level 3 weekend retreat to open the third eye - as I read the Taoist Yoga book it states when the heat gets very strong in the lower tan t'ien then you can enter into serenity - the first level - as a fasting. And the Level 3 class also teaches fasting as "qigong feasting" or bigu. So being a nerd - I thought I would "skip ahead" on my own to prepare for the class. So I fasted for a week, just taking a half glass of water the whole time - and my qi energy kept getting stronger and stronger! The top of my skull got soft and pulsated with qi energy. I had very strong bliss and also created a water that flowed down - seemingly from the Ether - from the pineal gland - that I would then swallow. I did not experience hunger and I needed less sleep.

So when I went to the retreat - there was a man in the front who smelled like death - like rotting flesh. I wondered how anyone could stand to be in the same room with him but then Chunyi said that "qigong masters can smell cancer" and it smells like rotting flesh. So also I saw ghosts float in from outside the room - yellow lights shaped as humans - and hover around Chunyi as he sat in full lotus doing healing meditation. I did not say anything to anyone but again Chunyi explained - that he regularly heals dead people as spirits that come to him. I had read about this in the biography of the most famous Thai Buddhist master Phra Acharn Mun - so it made sense. Also I saw Chunyi CREATING spirits that broke off the top of his head and then floated out to heal students.

OK so then I went home and I went to work on Monday - and I had some very wild intense experiences that week. I won't go into all the details - but later when I told Chunyi about some of them - he said I had an enlightenment experience. But also he said my mind was confused. I realized I had thought of the Emptiness as this "static" spatial realm - as Westerners are prone to do - when actually the Emptiness is eternal motion that relies on continual purification and harmonization of the energy. I was then studying Master Nan, Huai-chin - and more books. Then I read one scholarly book a day for 10 years - of Western science - to try to convert my experiences back into Western science. Then in the end I returned back to the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" which was the only book that was able to explain my experiences. Also the only 2nd level qigong master Jim Nance - of Chunyi Lin's former assistant - he also explained my experiences to me - as I was able to study with him directly for a couple years. He is at http://guidingqi.com

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 3

so again what that validates is that you validated something only for yourself,  it's not proof to anyone else (including those at Tao bums) nor does it carry any more proof than someone giving witness of Lord Jesus Christ,  so obviously telling our particular and private stories are not the same story of another... although there are cases of someone who is directly involved in the same experience that could have had very similar validations.    Anyway, a person revealing their personal practices in detail on the internet is at best dubious and at worst very foolish.  Besides who wants men in white suits coming to take us away after we tell somebody about this or that...which can happen.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 3bob said:

Besides who wants men in white suits coming to take us away after we tell somebody about this or that...which can happen.

Technically, we will send uniformed police officers, but we do have calming meds, soft bunks, and a locked wing where you can feel safe. 🙊

8 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Technically, we will send uniformed police officers, but we do have calming meds, soft bunks, and a locked wing where you can feel safe. 🙊

not to worry the more advanced (and validated) people can walk through the walls of such places whenever they want or need to.  On a serious note many horrors and inhuman crimes have been committed against those poor souls who have  tried to Fly Over the Cuckoo's Nest (like in the movie)

Society is always hard on those it deem unworthy, and seems to always find an instrument willing to do the dirty work. 

As it has been, it will be.... 

On 1/22/2019 at 1:21 AM, voidisyinyang said:

I totally agree with you - there are regular posters on this forum who solely rely on "intellectual" analysis - and even go so far as to "self censor" if someone claims direct experience information. So what I recommend for people is to seek out qigong masters who have strong healing abilities. I first saw a poster on a telephone pole in 1995 - for qigong master Effie P. Chow. I was so skeptical I called the number, asked for a discount for the admission fee. I heard her respond in the background and then the lady on the phone said - "half off" - so I had only to pay $10 for the qi demonstration - and my girlfriend accompanied me. She didn't feel anything but she had serious health problems - so maybe her channels were too blocked up. I felt strong magnetic force pushing my hands apart - after qigong master Effie P. Chow said she filled the room with qi - and she told us to make "qi balls." Then after almost everyone was gone - a security guard wandered in, stating, "Just wondering what was going on in here since the fuse got blown in the room behind you." That was the room just behind Effie P. Chow. Almost no one heard this security guard say this - and Effie P. Chow didn't really respond. haha.

So then I was set on investigating this more and in 1996 I went to S.F. where Effie P. Chow teaches - but I didn't have the money to actually go see her in person. But I did find a couple more qigong books or energy healing books - one called Biosonics. See my background was in music training and my own theory was that music explained this healing energy - a certain kind of music-math philosophy that got covered up by the West.

So I kept studying this on my own and then I started practicing Yan Xin qigong with the chinese community at the U of MN - also I was celibate- and I was asked by the organizer, if anyone had felt anything. I stood up to the microphone and reported I felt get heat in my belly. I had no idea that this was supposed to happen. haha. So that was 1997. I also went to see a Tibetan monk give a lecture. When I got home I thought I had a headache which I never get. Then I realized it was a peculiar force sensation just in the center of my forehead. I had been listening to the Tibetan monk with great concentration - so I realized that the energy point must have gotten activated.

So my friend at the house told me about how she had practiced qigong meditation with Chunyi Lin and a philosophy professor - at a community college. I didn't think too much about it until Chunyi then gave a talk to my graduate class on spiritual healing. I had read David Eisenberg's book "Encounters with Qi" that reports telekinesis. Chunyi looked just like the qigong master that did telekinesis in that book. Also I felt heat from Chunyi as I sat right next to him talking. I didn't say anything but then he said, "If you sit nearby me you will feel heat." That surprised me - like he had read my mind.

So then when I took his community class - it was at St. Thomas University - and he said he would walk past us but not touch us - as we did "moving of yin and yang" and he did the "sword fingers" to send energy into us. He said we would hear a shaking sound from his fingers moving. So as he walked past me - my eyes were closed but suddenly as I heard the shaking sound - I saw a bright yellow light and my heart filled with this amazing love bliss. When my girlfriend picked me up (a different one) - I had to admit to myself that the love and bliss I had experienced was better than anything I had experienced with my girlfriend. haha.

So then I kept studying on my own and was determined to study with Chunyi Lin. http://springforestqigong.com

So around this time in 1999 - I started reading Mantak Chia and also I started reading the book "TAoist YOga: Alchemy and Immortality" - so it turns out that book is very dense. I highly recommend it. It gives great details of the qigong training. And then I finished my master's degree by doing intensive "self-directed" research through the African Studies department in Nonwestern Philosophy by doing the qigong meditation.

So then I had been reading tons of meditation books as part of my research and I took more classes and I meditated. So at the Level 2 class - Chunyi said how he could read what percentage someone's organs were blocked. So during the break I went up to him and asked him what percentage my right kidney was working. I had been feeling some heat in my right kidney. But as he stood facing me - he looked THROUGH my body and I felt a strong LASER bliss just precisely on the right kidney. Then he said - "about 70%" - and I just got this big smile and said "thanks."

And so to prepare for the Level 3 weekend retreat to open the third eye - as I read the Taoist Yoga book it states when the heat gets very strong in the lower tan t'ien then you can enter into serenity - the first level - as a fasting. And the Level 3 class also teaches fasting as "qigong feasting" or bigu. So being a nerd - I thought I would "skip ahead" on my own to prepare for the class. So I fasted for a week, just taking a half glass of water the whole time - and my qi energy kept getting stronger and stronger! The top of my skull got soft and pulsated with qi energy. I had very strong bliss and also created a water that flowed down - seemingly from the Ether - from the pineal gland - that I would then swallow. I did not experience hunger and I needed less sleep.

So when I went to the retreat - there was a man in the front who smelled like death - like rotting flesh. I wondered how anyone could stand to be in the same room with him but then Chunyi said that "qigong masters can smell cancer" and it smells like rotting flesh. So also I saw ghosts float in from outside the room - yellow lights shaped as humans - and hover around Chunyi as he sat in full lotus doing healing meditation. I did not say anything to anyone but again Chunyi explained - that he regularly heals dead people as spirits that come to him. I had read about this in the biography of the most famous Thai Buddhist master Phra Acharn Mun - so it made sense. Also I saw Chunyi CREATING spirits that broke off the top of his head and then floated out to heal students.

OK so then I went home and I went to work on Monday - and I had some very wild intense experiences that week. I won't go into all the details - but later when I told Chunyi about some of them - he said I had an enlightenment experience. But also he said my mind was confused. I realized I had thought of the Emptiness as this "static" spatial realm - as Westerners are prone to do - when actually the Emptiness is eternal motion that relies on continual purification and harmonization of the energy. I was then studying Master Nan, Huai-chin - and more books. Then I read one scholarly book a day for 10 years - of Western science - to try to convert my experiences back into Western science. Then in the end I returned back to the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" which was the only book that was able to explain my experiences. Also the only 2nd level qigong master Jim Nance - of Chunyi Lin's former assistant - he also explained my experiences to me - as I was able to study with him directly for a couple years. He is at http://guidingqi.com

I apologize for the delay in responding but I have not been on this site for several days for reasons related to my last post. Nothing more need be said about that.

I am absolutely DELIGHTED to read what you have written, and I actually copied it to e-mail to myself so that I could store it in my "spiritual" folder for future reference since I am pressed for time right now and cannot respond completely as I would like to do. I also plan to check out the website that you recommended as well as the book which, incidentally, is available through amazon.com. (Ironically, I was at a meeting last week which was preceded by a gigong session that I had not attended but I met the teacher on his way out and he gave me his card. Perhaps, this is not a "coincidence". )

I can relate to virtually everything that you wrote in your post as this is EXACTLY the type of direct experiences I had hoped to see on this site. Having personally been in contact with masters from various traditions who VERIFIABLY materialize in open fields, see from afar (remote viewing), teach in complete silence, demonstrate telepathy, don't eat (for years), don't sleep (for years), read minds, heal, raise the dead (second hand info in that case from a Tibetan monk), and so on, I have come to the realization that virtually anything is possible once one "understands" (knowing without thinking) the subtler nature of the Reality.

As you probably know, public miracles are frowned upon for the most part in the east. However, when considered important for the unfolding of a sincere seeker, it does happen often without explanation. ("Meditate and all things will be revealed" is the standard answer. :)) The energy flow you mentioned sounds very similar to the "shaktipat" in the yoga tradition. It is common in other traditions as well.

It was interesting to hear about your healing experiences. However, even in the case of psychotic multiple-personal-disorders (now known as a dissociative disorder), one personality can have a serious dis-ease such as diabetes while the other personality does not. While it appears to be an instantaneous "cure" (the dis-ease does come back when the "dis-eased" personality reappears), it is clear that dis-ease is far more than a physical condition. There are indeed yogis (check out Tapaviji Maharaj) who have restored their entire bodies through the kaya-kalpa meditative process. The body-mind connection is a great subject for meditation.

I wish that I could write more at this time but this will have to suffice for now since, as I mentioned previously, I am pressed for time. However, with posts like this, I am encouraged to return to this site and separate the wheat from the chaff.

Thanks again for your excellent experiential post. I plan to check out some of the information (books, website, etc.) that you have brought to my attention. One learns from all.

Edited by Still_Waters

On 1/22/2019 at 3:15 AM, 3bob said:

so again what that validates is that you validated something only for yourself,  it's not proof to anyone else (including those at Tao bums) nor does it carry any more proof than someone giving witness of Lord Jesus Christ,  so obviously telling our particular and private stories are not the same story of another... although there are cases of someone who is directly involved in the same experience that could have had very similar validations.    Anyway, a person revealing their personal practices in detail on the internet is at best dubious and at worst very foolish.  Besides who wants men in white suits coming to take us away after we tell somebody about this or that...which can happen.

Don't jump to conclusions without knowing the details. Having been raised in the Roman Catholic tradition with an "infallible" Pope whom I don't consider to be even remotely infallible, I approach such matters quite scientifically and use verifiable examples in which others were also either involved or present as witnesses. Don't jump to conclusions without knowing the details.

Having said that, I won't be sharing any details with you since, by your own words, "a person revealing their personal practices in detail on the internet is at best dubious and at worst very foolish". With that, I agree. One does not cast pearls before swine, as the Biblical injunction clearly states. Such details are best conveyed in private to those who can understand and appreciate

Edited by Still_Waters
  • Sad 1

On 1/21/2019 at 1:26 PM, Still_Waters said:

Here, on this forum, I read many grandiose statements and am in agreement with many of them. However, whenever I ask questions regarding how such statements can be validated or how posters came to those conclusions, there is only silence as the intellectual posturing continues. This leads me to believe that there is a lot of intellectualizing in this form with people parading around as if they are enlightened guides to others. (It should be noted that this is most assuredly helpful to others nonetheless.) However, I am wondering whether all these words are exactly that --- just words --- with nothing in the way of direct validating experiences to back them up. Correct me if I am wrong, but I would like to hear more about HOW posters here came to realize the statements that they make and to read LESS casual quoting of others with no perceived attempt to validate/verify.

Synchronicity-  was just pondering this on DB site. thought of writing something, but then went,  "what the hell"  most would respond with quotes from dead guru's,  and state "this is the way it is because this guy said it, and I am believing it"  .

Nothing wrong with belief, if it is built from direct experience,  and also remains flexible to growth or change.  

I try to speak from my own experiences, but get lots of blow back from writings,  or statements from other sources that have nothing to do, with the writers experience.  But what the hell, in the end,  it always seems to pan out.  :)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Still_Waters said:

Don't jump to conclusions without knowing the details. Having been raised in the Roman Catholic tradition with an "infallible" Pope whom I don't consider to be even remotely infallible, I approach such matters quite scientifically and use verifiable examples in which others were also either involved or present as witnesses. Don't jump to conclusions without knowing the details.

Having said that, I won't be sharing any details with you since, by your own words, "a person revealing their personal practices in detail on the internet is at best dubious and at worst very foolish". With that, I agree. One does not cast pearls before swine, as the Biblical injunction clearly states. Such details are best conveyed in private to those who can understand and appreciate

"what the hell",  I'd suggest getting off that,  "I'm a better validater than thou" attitude along with the haughtiness  of being an expert that casts stones with comments about, "swine".  

Edited by 3bob

On 1/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, Zen Pig said:

Synchronicity-  was just pondering this on DB site. thought of writing something, but then went,  "what the hell"  most would respond with quotes from dead guru's,  and state "this is the way it is because this guy said it, and I am believing it"  .

Nothing wrong with belief, if it is built from direct experience,  and also remains flexible to growth or change.  

I try to speak from my own experiences, but get lots of blow back from writings,  or statements from other sources that have nothing to do, with the writers experience.  But what the hell, in the end,  it always seems to pan out.  :)

I like that. Synchronicity. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about blowback from the blowhards. :) There are people here who will appreciate your direct experience posts.

William James, in his book on the "Varieties of Religious Experience", noted that there are so many similar "subjective" experiences that one can no longer deny their authenticity. Carl Jung developed his collective unconscious theory based on similarities cross-culture of "subjective" experiences. The people giving blowback don't seem to understand this.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 3bob said:

"what the hell",  I'd suggest getting off that,  "I'm a better validater than thou" attitude along with the haughtiness  of being an expert that casts stones with comments about, "swine".  

Feel free to make as many suggestions as you like. :)

However, methinks the man dost protest too much. :o

Edited by Still_Waters

Hello All, 

In contrast to my first post about the differences between Taoist Practices and Buddhist Practices, may I ask what are the similarities between Taoist Practices and Buddhist Practices?

Cheers

Similarities: The fundamental acceptance of change as a property of physical reality, following a middle way in daily life, meditation to train the mind in seeing the world and our self as there are.

On 1/16/2019 at 8:59 AM, 2ndchance said:

What are the main differences between Buddhist Practices vs Taoist Practices?

I have observed that Buddhist Practices focus on analyzing the mind to transform the demons within us while Taoist Practices seem to be more involved in more physical, sexual, energetic practices without indulging in the observation and transformation of one's mind.

Maybe I am wrong so I am willing to learn from experienced practitioners here.

All the ways don't matter, all the ways are simply different ways of connecting more fully to the nature that you already are yourself. 

But again, every practice, tool or technique is simply a permission slip for humans to give themselves an excuse to allow themselves to accept their own nature, natural good well-being and health, that is actually their normal nature nature as is all nature of the universal well-being energy grid matrix, that is ever abbounding in the entire universe and on the planet earth.

Why are humans disconnected? Is that important? Or is it more important to allow yourself to connect to the earth? Regardless of what other humans are choosing. Because this is the only thing that will benefit you and everyone around you through you!

So you cannot get sick enough to help sick people become better. What you can do is find your true nature and health. Then help others, then see how succesful your help truely is.

People mostly live to die. They think, oh when I die everything will finally be good again. I will be back into nature. Really? You can go back to nature now, if it weren't for all the fearful ideas you had about nature, which is in actual fact YOU. You are nature! So you fear yourself, but nature never forgives you, because nature has never, is not and will never blame you for anything. Unconditional love. You can never be disconnected from who you really are. You are nature. Only when you die, are you disconnected from anything that might have disconnected you.

So you can be in this game of disconnection and forgetfulness and segregation, of humans. You can enjoy playing that game. But only if you yourself first connect to nature. Because then all the people and their desires will make more sense. You will see directly the source of every problem for any human, and that unconditional love through you will be of tremendous benefit.

So if another human gives you a tool, or technique or excersize or whatever, I highly recommend you view it as just a permission slip, that you DONT NEED. Because one day you're going to die, so why practice your own death. Go directly to nature, and ask who you are. Form a new relationship with nature directly where it already is. You can be alife and reconnect to nature right now! Nature has always been and will always be waiting for you where it already is. And will be evermore. Go to your Source of existance. Source of all existance. And don't look through a microscope, don't look through binauculors. Don't go hiking and ignore every blade of grass because you're wearing manmade shoes that represent your state of disconnection and fear. Nature does not communicate like most humans do. Nature communicates through your direct physical touching it, and being in it. First and foremost through your feet touching the soil. That's it. That's all you need. After that, you can meditate and find all that you seek to know, within you. As you have acces to the Source of All existance, infinite intelligence at your disposal. How you wanna go about using that, is totally up to you.

You can become the source of new practices tools and techniques. You can make your own religion if you wish. And just allow disconnected people to believe that if they do that and this, then they'll be who they really are again. When they are already their true nature. IT is only their fear that keeps them appart from who they really already are. And mostly, they fear humans. For hunting them down, because they realise, that every living thing on the planet is of their nature. Yes, God realised beings take caution, because humans have been looking for nature all their life, even tho it is right in front of them all of their life. And yet they still can't allow themselves to connect more fully, due to fear. So yes, God realised beings take caution. In every step they take. May it forever bless every human on the planet to find their way back home to who it is they really are.