Luminous Being

Hi all from a qigong practitioner

Hi all,

I'writing here to say hello to everyone.

I'm from Italy and I'm a qigong practitioner and I love star wars saga as you can image by the choice of my nickname.

I hope to share my experience on this forum and to start interesting with you about several topics.

In particular I'm practicing Mr. Yang exercise and I would like to exchange my experience with other practitioners of Mr. Yang's teaching. I mean embryonic breathing and small circulation.

So please feel free to tell me if you are practicing these exercise so we can discuss soom about it.

Hoping to talk you soon I give you a luminous thanks!

• Like 3

Hello, Luminous Being, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Luminous,

Star Wars fan here too.  I assume you mean Dr Yang Jwing Ming? I like his material, and enjoyed his videos on Taijiquan.  I hope you enjoy our forum.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Hello Luminous!

Awesome to have another dedicated practitioner here!

With regards to embryonic breathing ... i only know about it what Gary Clyman teaches about it. Has 4 details to it  to be performed at the same time.

Inhale: squeeze anal/urinary sphincters, diaphragm, mind travels up 

Xhale > relax sphincters, breath out gently, mind travels down "into" the floor.

Always keep mind  at dan tien on the inhale / exhale. 

He explains it better than I ever could but you get the point of it.

I think I also heard Liao mentioning it but don`t  quote me on it.

By small circulation - do u mean "micro cosmic orbit"?

Blessings

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Hello, Luminous Being, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Luminous,

Star Wars fan here too.  I assume you mean Dr Yang Jwing Ming? I like his material, and enjoyed his videos on Taijiquan.  I hope you enjoy our forum.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Hi Fa Xin

thanks for your warm welcome.

Yes I mean Dr Yang Jwing Ming as you mention. I have studied many of his books and videos. A big part of my practice comes from his teaching.

I'm sure to find great things here on this forum.

Nice to meet you.

May the Force be with you!

7 hours ago, alleniverson said:

Hello Luminous!

Awesome to have another dedicated practitioner here!

With regards to embryonic breathing ... i only know about it what Gary Clyman teaches about it. Has 4 details to it  to be performed at the same time.

Inhale: squeeze anal/urinary sphincters, diaphragm, mind travels up 

Xhale > relax sphincters, breath out gently, mind travels down "into" the floor.

Always keep mind  at dan tien on the inhale / exhale. 

He explains it better than I ever could but you get the point of it.

I think I also heard Liao mentioning it but don`t  quote me on it.

By small circulation - do u mean "micro cosmic orbit"?

Blessings

Hi alleniverson

Nice to meet you. Thsnks for your reply, I did not know Gary Clyman. I'd like to know more aboit his teaching.

I'm practicing embryonic breathing since several years with great benefit for my inner energy.

I'starting to practice small circulation or microcosmic orbit as you correctly say. What I'm wondering to undetstand is the possibility to store chi or Qi also during winter time. Following the Dr. Yang teaching the possibility to store the chi is in spring and summer time because the weather is warmer and Yin side can be cultivated. But to start the energy circulation with small circulation in winter time I need to store some more chi without reducing my yang side to avoid to get sick.

So to summarize I would like to know a way to store chi also during winter time without to weak my immune system.

I hope we can exchange our experience to find an answer.

A big thanks