mantis

need a full system

well, i completed my 6 month vow of basic meditation and wall gazing, now i'm simply meditating in full lotus once daily. agama yoga looked very promising and interesting but the centers are all in other countries and i am way to young to do any of that yet. i am looking for a complete system of cultivation involving energy practices and sexual; does this even exist? i am at a point that cultivation right now seems useless as i do not have an instructor who can show you your flaws.

i am located in miami, florida and maybe can travel to other states to learn, i would prefer videos though. i am not interested in kunlun or something that has just sprouted up, it must have tradition; if you can help me with this i thank you sincerely.

icon12.gif

well, i completed my 6 month vow of basic meditation and wall gazing, now i'm simply meditating in full lotus once daily. agama yoga looked very promising and interesting but the centers are all in other countries and i am way to young to do any of that yet. i am looking for a complete system of cultivation involving energy practices and sexual; does this even exist? i am at a point that cultivation right now seems useless as i do not have an instructor who can show you your flaws.

i am located in miami, florida and maybe can travel to other states to learn, i would prefer videos though. i am not interested in kunlun or something that has just sprouted up, it must have tradition; if you can help me with this i thank you sincerely.

icon12.gif

Now I definitely don't have as much experience as most of the people on this forum, and I'm in the same boat that you're in. I have no teacher either, and the best I can do is books. I think the best place to start would be to read the Secret of the Golden Flower and the Hui-Ming Ching. I've read Eva Wong's version of the Hui-Ming Ching and I just ordered both translations of the Secret of the Golden Flower. I recommend the Eva Wong version (I don't understand all of it, but I recommend it.) As far as I know, these two texts are some of the most direct when it comes to this kind of thing. I hope this helps you a little.

Its a cliche but, let your fingers do the walking. Take the yellow pages and look up Yoga, Tai Chi, martial arts etc. Find and go to the ones that seem most traditional. Look around and join the best option. It probably won't be your final destination, but its action/ You'll meet like minded people who may have connections with what you're truly looking for.

It would be even better if someone came up with a top instructor in your neck of the woods, but if not, take action, find the best situation thats visible. Its likely to lead you to best situation thats nearby but hard to find.

Michael

icon12.gif

Before I started doing Kunlun I was a practitioner of most of Yang, Jwing-Ming's methods including embryonic breathing, microcosmic orbit, and various wai dan excersises (as well as Long Fist Kung Fu as taught by him). You might want to check out some of his books. He doesn't incorporate any sexual qigong, but you could probably just add some Mantak Chia stuff into the mix to make a complete system to your liking. Hope this helps :)

mantis, what is your definition of a 'full system?'

i.e. does it actually exist :)

What's wrong with doing another 6 months of full lotus meditation and wall gazing? Then another six months and another six months...

What's wrong with doing another 6 months of full lotus meditation and wall gazing? Then another six months and another six months...

Yes!

Jing distillation -> Taoist Secrets of Love - Cultivating Male Sexual Energy. Chi manipulation -> Secret of the Golden Flower. Body control -> yoga, tai chi or martial art...whatever suits you best. Spiritual evolutionary guidance -> Tibetan Book of the Dead. Nutrition -> just be smart.

General advice to a young person: Learn how to Die early in Life in order to know also how to Live early in Life...you WILL learn them both eventually, so much better to do so now and avoid the unfortunate consequences of the temporal confluence of their occurrences. Your tools to do so are humility, compassion and empathy.

Peace young one, may your enthusiasm be exceeded only by your restraint.

Edited by xenolith

what makes anyone think that such a thing as a "full system" even exists?

what makes people think that enlightenment actually comes from practicing some kind of "system"?

what makes anyone think that such a thing as a "full system" even exists?

what makes people think that enlightenment actually comes from practicing some kind of "system"?

Finding a 'full' system to practice and experiencing the result would make people thank that.

Edited by Starjumper7

Finding a 'full' system to practice and experiencing the result would make people thank that.

and who says any person has ever found such a thing?

it's mostly hearsay and people jumping from one 'system' to the next constantly, restlessly, seeking.... something.... that we really have no idea what it is whatsoever apart from blind speculation.

there are no facts.

i stumbled upon three or four. but i guess it depends on the one that looks for them. i guess the wall gazing should clear up anyone's "eyeglasses" ^_^

one more thing, there is a saying: it is not the student that chooses a school, it is the school that selects the student. although our western internet culture would probably suggest otherwise... but it is an important life event, as important as birth, wedding, being a parent, or dying. and human choise has it's percentage in it: less than 20%

it's mostly hearsay and people jumping from one 'system' to the next constantly, restlessly, seeking.... something.... that we really have no idea what it is whatsoever apart from blind speculation.

That's an excellent description of the feeling I get here.

there are no facts.

:rolleyes:

Mantis,

What are your goals? There are many, many systems. Followers of each will speak of their strengths, others may speak of their weaknesses. They all have something to offer to your thoughts, your ego. The part of you that has you convinced that you are lacking something. Can you find out what it is that you are lacking? Where it is that you want to go? What you will do when you get it or get there? Who is it, really, who needs something or needs to go somewhere? Meditation of any variety is useful if it allows the thoughts to quiet and allows you to investigate how the mind works. I think that the first question is, what is it that you want? The question will generally give you the answer if you study it deeply.

Good luck,

Steve