DSCB57

CAN YOU HELP ME SOURCE THESE 18 DAOIST PALM MEDITATIONS?

I am specifically looking for the missing three meditations from the seated SYG meditations which are considered sitting moving meditations (I have the first 15). Jung Shee Lacey said on one of the videos that he intended adding these if he could find them - did he?

I am also looking for the SYG 32 movement standing moving meditations. I only have the first in the set, performed by Jung Shee Doo Wai. 

Please respond via PM only, thank you. 

This is already public knowledge here so I won't PM it, but Garry Hearfield out of Australia has taught some of these arts along with meditations, and he at least used to be a member here. He used to have a website where he sold various instructional DVDs. I don't know if he has the specific info you're looking for, but I'd get in touch with him if you haven't already.

On 13/03/2019 at 6:11 PM, GreytoWhite said:

I think Garry had a falling out with his web admin but you can still contact him directly or purchase from Platform Purple. He's active on Facebook and a very genuine person who speaks his mind.

https://go.platformpurple.com/shop/?e=warriorbodybuddhamind1

Thank you Grey to White, but unfortunately Garry Hearfield does not even acknowledge the existence of all 72 levels of this system, and certainly neither teaches them nor does he ever intend producing videos of any more than the first two meditations from each level. 

The system is actually rather confusing, since there are not really 72 levels, but rather 72 meditations. These can be broken down into 4 levels with 18 meditations in each. That is unfortunately not what Garry is teaching, and he made it quite clear that all he is doing is making sure that this system does not totally disappear, but it is of only secondary importance to him. 

I have both his DVDs, and they certainly do not cover this material. Thanks anyway. 

By the way, Garry had a falling out with his partner, Sifu Wretfors - I don't know whether he was also his web administrator, but he certainly was an important part of WBBM's infrastructure. In my opinion what Sifu Wretfors teaches on DVD 2 is far more profound than what Garry teaches on DVD 1. He seems to have a penchant for making everything overly complicated, but explains very little of the energetic principles and nothing about the alchemical aspect. He seems to just want to make it all sound as mysterious as possible whilst actually saying very little of any real value.

Shil Lum Temple located in the Fukien Province was a southern Shaolin temple the 18 palms are shaolin in nature. Shaolin monks relocated to Fukien they wanted to overthrow the government so politics is not a good thing for monks to get involved with in this case.

Doo Tin Yin, at that time, was the sole holder of the Doo family's healing art, Doo Tin Yin sought refuge at a taoist temple on O’mie Mountain after the destruction of Shil Lum and to avoid death.

The Five That Escaped Shil Lum.
Fung Do Duk - developed White Tiger Kung Fu.
Bak Mei - developed White Eye Brow Kung Fu.
Jee Shin Shim Shee - kept the Northern Shil Lum Kung Fu Traditions.
Mew Hing - developed 108 Dragon Palms Kung Fu.
Ng Mui - developed Plum Flower Fist Kung Fu.

In the 1970's Grandmaster Doo Wai decided to make his family inherited White Tiger Kung Fu art available to the public Lacey has been dis invowed from the lineage because of his internet selling scheme.

The current white tiger forms seem to be influenced by hsing I Chuan one form of internal martial arts but definitely shaolin in nature.

18 daoist palms seems like a misnomer I can see some influence of time spent with Taoist monks at some point in time long ago, maybe.

white tiger kung fu is amazing that it survived to this day.

as mentioned in my reply to you which you didnt  respond to,  he does mention the 72 meds  and 18 levels, just search on here for his syg posts and you will see this ,

sadly he does have a knack for falling out with people.

the main concern about hearfield is that he is changing the forms of the moving syg and molding them into his own way of doing them, watch gm doo wai doing syg then garry and you will see quite a difference. He also gets some of the breath % wrong.The only way to learn this now it seems is to get hold of either the iron palm vids or find the video of doo wai performing all the meds.

if you are familiar with doo wai's forms then you could piece together what hes doing with a bit of observation but the deeper aspects of this system are lost I would assume , only way is to practice it diligently and see what results it brings.

as also mentioned in my pm , the moving siting meditations are still available , I have them also

The standing moving meds of the later levels are quite a sight to behold and have a wonderful flow to them, great seeing doo wai on point and what he was capable of in his younger days.

Edited by Bruce Qi