2ndchance

Activities to Cultivate Positive Emotions to achieve Samadhi concentration awareness

Cultivating positive emotion, takes presence, honesty about how you really feel in the moment, emotionally, and directing your thought and focus towards that which feels better ongoingly. Land on a thought that feels worse? Be sensitive enough to know this and allow yourself thus then realise you're focused in opposition to your own greater knowing and wanting. Simple as a hot hotter or cold colder game. Fun. Enjoy.

3 minutes ago, Everything said:

I didn't expect that answer. :wub:

:)

Zhuangzi influence.

Just because I strongly defend a position I believe to be true doesn’t mean that I think of love ‘as a four letter word’ as Dwai put it.

I think kindness (the ‘action’ aspect of love) should be a given! This isn’t something to be cultivated for some spiritual aim. This is just basic human decency. It’s quite obviously there already as a basic instinct and should be nurtured as a matter of course! I think it’s the natural state of someone when they aren’t burdened, tired or confused.

But according to my teachers and my experience of mine and other aspirant’s paths it is not the primordial state. Thinking that it is and focusing on it past a certain point causes issues. Sometimes major, life threatening issues. That’s the reason I’m making my point and defending it.

The qualities that should be cultivated at all times (and aren’t necessarily easy or ‘natural’ for most people) are these:

Humour - Zhuangzi 

Humility - Laozi

and not taking things too seriously...

2 hours ago, freeform said:

Interesting! Does the Path of Cause aim for enlightenment in one lifetime or is the idea to develop enough merit over many lifetimes? 

The aspiration is one lifetime, though in practice many lifetimes are mentioned. There are Pure Land approaches where practitioners pray to be reborn in a buddha's pure realm to continue their path quickly free from the ravages of samsara.

56 minutes ago, rex said:

There are Pure Land approaches where practitioners pray to be reborn in a buddha's pure realm to continue their path quickly free from the ravages of samsara.

Would this count as a ‘devotional’ path?

2 hours ago, freeform said:

Would this count as a ‘devotional’ path?

Some pureland approaches are purely devotional, though there are some which rely on applying specific esoteric techniques. Irrespective of sophistication of approach from blind faith to confident faith, the exoteric to the esoteric, devotion is a key theme that runs throughout the Mahayana.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 1:28 PM, freeform said:

Zhuangzi influence.

Just because I strongly defend a position I believe to be true doesn’t mean that I think of love ‘as a four letter word’ as Dwai put it.

I think kindness (the ‘action’ aspect of love) should be a given! This isn’t something to be cultivated for some spiritual aim. This is just basic human decency. It’s quite obviously there already as a basic instinct and should be nurtured as a matter of course! I think it’s the natural state of someone when they aren’t burdened, tired or confused.

But according to my teachers and my experience of mine and other aspirant’s paths it is not the primordial state. Thinking that it is and focusing on it past a certain point causes issues. Sometimes major, life threatening issues. That’s the reason I’m making my point and defending it.

The qualities that should be cultivated at all times (and aren’t necessarily easy or ‘natural’ for most people) are these:

Humour - Zhuangzi 

Humility - Laozi

and not taking things too seriously...

I really like your perspective. 

From what I know about primordial awareness is that it applies to consciousness, which is who we are, and the prime radiant, loving light being the substance of our being and all that exists.

The word primordial does imply old, which is never what consciousness is. It is always new and more and new and more and new and now and new and now. That is while I would rather call it prime awareness. Or simply consciousness.

But there is consciousness that is allowed here and now and there is consciousness that is not allowed. And as you say, allowing your own natural well-being, is what cultivates the primeness of that consciousness, also allowing the individual greater capacity for love and of love.

So being selfish is tremendously important, in the sense that you care first and foremost about how you are feeling, emotionally, in any given moment, that indicates what you are doing with your own energy, that is helpful or not, in the moment always, capable of feeling better, evermore. Even when love, and prime awareness is achieved, always fully capable of allowing the more of all the greater consciousness of all that the individual is expanding into the more of evermore.

And thus then being selfish enough to care about how you feel, is the best way of offering that love to everyone around you aswell.

You cannot get sick enough to help sick people become weller. Rather you stay in the state of being already healed, and you offer it to everyone. And that is why you are certainly primely radiant and evermore. As is everyone aswell, but we all can allow it ever more. And that just means the journey is gonna get more fun, and luckily, never end. So joy to you and all.

Edited by Everything

12 hours ago, Everything said:

The word primordial does imply old

Primordial in the Daoist context is the state before creation. Before heaven, early heaven, the congenital realm. This is the domain of your ‘original spirit’ Yuan Shen. Before physicality, before ‘reality’.

When a spiritual aspirant can fully immerse herself into Yuan Shen and function from there, they are said to have attained the Daoist enlightenment - Shen Ming. One who’s achieved this is known as a Zhen Ren - a true person.

A Zhen Ren is omnipresent and all knowing. They are said to demonstrate a range of ‘siddhi’, basically magical powers. Some of these siddhi are used as a way to confirm the Zhen Ren attainment. Basically a Divine living being in human form.

What you and Dwai seem to be saying is that Yuan Shen is actually Divine Love. How do you know? Well either you’re enlightened, or it’s from some other source. 

In the case of Dwai, his source is formed of a large number of  traditions - all ground up and homogenised into a lovely paste.

Although - Dwai has hinted several times that his understanding actually comes from experience - so he might well be enlightened!

Or maybe he’s had some other mystical experiences and liked them so much that now he’s shaping his homogenised paste into a form that reflects that. He’d certainly not be the first one! At least his preference is for Divine Love and not sex as with so many of the others.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, freeform said:

Primordial in the Daoist context is the state before creation. Before heaven, early heaven, the congenital realm. This is the domain of your ‘original spirit’ Yuan Shen. Before physicality, before ‘reality’.

When a spiritual aspirant can fully immerse herself into Yuan Shen and function from there, they are said to have attained the Daoist enlightenment - Shen Ming. One who’s achieved this is known as a Zhen Ren - a true person.

A Zhen Ren is omnipresent and all knowing. They are said to demonstrate a range of ‘siddhi’, basically magical powers. Some of these siddhi are used as a way to confirm the Zhen Ren attainment. Basically a Divine living being in human form.

What you and Dwai seem to be saying is that Yuan Shen is actually Divine Love. How do you know? Well either you’re enlightened, or it’s from some other source. 

In the case of Dwai, his source is formed of a large number of  traditions - all ground up and homogenised into a lovely paste.

Although - Dwai has hinted several times that his understanding actually comes from experience - so he might well be enlightened!

Or maybe he’s had some other mystical experiences and liked them so much that now he’s shaping his homogenised paste into a form that reflects that. He’d certainly not be the first one! At least his preference is for Divine Love and not sex as with so many of the others.

I agree fully with everything you're saying.

And I agree, we only often allow ourselves our enlightenment in moments of loving sex, and that can be used as leverage to learn to tune oneself into that alignment with Source, if one so desires, since we often already know how to do it when we're having loving sex, we can also learn how to allow that vibrational alignment between you (physical) and You (non-physical) by learning how it feels and how to allow that feeling of high soaring vibration that is actually our natural state of being.

But it can also be learning to wake up empty minded, when the opportunity for alignment is at its most ripe, and the best way is to meditate prior to sleeping, so that you already wake up in that "high soaring vibration" so to speak, where you offer no resistance to your true nature, through habbits of resistance, amplified by the reset of your vibrational state of being into it's natural high soaring place of love, that happens when you sleep, re-emerge back fully into non-physical and then come back, as pure positive energy, and your vibration is always fully reset here upon awakening.

But often we wake up and instantly activate the story of our life, activate our "habbitual" mode focusing back into the limitations and forgetfulness of old thought patterns that activate our resistance ONLY EVER from our physical being, unless we meditate prior to sleep, and intend to sleep with the intention of awakening and just allowing that good feeling upon awakening.

So this intention and focus on the feeling is tremendously valuable, because one does not have to do anything to allow their own natural enlightenment that feels good, one can only activate those old habbitual vibrational thought patterns emmediatly upon awakening that cause resistance.

One is capable then upon awakening to maintain that connection if one so truely desires. And one may fail every day for a year or so, untill one day it finally happens. So hope is also helpful, as everyday it is possible and hope will certainly magnify the probability of it happening.

It is a very sensitive connection, very gentle thing, ONLY when you first begin practicing. But if you learn to love it, enjoy it, and "milk" it so speak, whenever you notice you're in that aligned state of being of connection with your greater non-physical knowing and consciousness, you can learn to allow it's perspective throughout all of your life and love every bit of it, and then it will be a powerful PRACTICED state of being that then becomes the new habbit of enlightenment, that is absolutely with zero vulnerability whatsoever.

And there are individuals who are predominantly in their alignment, they are few. But when you are in alignment, you will attract the best of everyone in your life experience, and people will benefit even from your presence. And you will enjoy all people so much more.

But more importantly, we don't do it for anyone. You don't do it for anyone or anything. That is not how you achieve it. The best way to achieve it, the prime state, is to care so much about how you feel, that you are willing to practice loving unconditionally. Caring first and foremost about your connection to your non-physical being. Meaning, regardless of the conditions of your life. And then one can learn to allow their greater alignment under any and all conditions, by virtue of caring about how you feel more than anything.

From that state, it is not accurate to say you are doing magic, even tho, yes, if you're there for the first time, it will truely be magical, miraculous, however, to understand, is that this is actually our natural state of being that we are ment evermore to be in, naturally, it is infact our default state of being.

Humanity often not in alignment with their non-physical source, is actually a very strange thing in this universe. It is said by many to be the exception in this universe of creation. There are beings in this universe, who've never had an arguement in the entire history of their civilization, and the closest to an arguement they ever came, is to convince another  civilization that a humanity that has placed limitations on themselves to the degree that we have, actually exists.

Many beings in this universe have no way of even comprehending the degree of limitations of our physical co-creation here on this planet as a humanity on planet earth, and they look up to us as masters of limitation. Not to say that there aren't more limitting and challenging physical co-creations in this universe, but ours is pretty dense as it is.

Planet earth is a master class of co-creators. Because we are learning to come back out of our state of deep self imposed "forgetfulness" and "limitation" back into the full allowance of the natural loving light as the substance of our being of that which is here crystalized through our consciousness, into the "density" that we perceive here. And then we can begin to see that state of being that we have learned to be allowed, be reflected back to us, evermore in our manifested reality, which from that point of view, is not so "dense" but more "fluid" and thus one can say it is more "magical" but rather it is "super-natural."

If no one is there to hear the tree fall in the forrest, it doesn't make a sound. We only allow the magical naturality of our environment by allowing ourselves to perceive it, that only ever happens through our own alignment with our greater non-physical knowing.

But again all these things don't matter. It doesn't matter what you call it, enlightenment, or love, or alignment. The only true teacher is experience. And if you care about how you feel, more than anything, you have the potential of fulfilling your life experience at its highest potential and purpose. Life can show you then truely what you truely deserve and what is truely ment for you, and how this universe truely operates in absolute freedom for the sole purpose of fulfilling our absolute every desire and more, evermore.

Edited by Everything

@ Everything

Do you truly want to be read?  If so than:

1. Wait until you have something to say before you start typing away.

2. Write in comprehensible sentences.

3. Use some lay out instead of solid unreadable blocks of text.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Everything said:

And I agree, we only often allow ourselves our enlightenment in moments of loving sex

😄🙈 that’s not what I’m saying at all!

And yes the solid block of text stuff is pretty impenetrable. 

I can see you're into stream of consciousness type writing - which is fine. 

But do remember that the best poetry is as much about the spaces - what is not said - as it is about the words that are.

21 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

@ Everything

Do you truly want to be read?  If so than:

1. Wait until you have something to say before you start typing away.

2. Write in comprehensible sentences.

3. Use some lay out instead of solid unreadable blocks of text.

Thanks for sharing your advice, I will certainly do my best to improve this, by taking that advice, and make it more, spaceful.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Everything said:

And thanks for sharing your advice, I will certainly do my best to improve this, by taking that advice, and make it more, spaceful.

So much better - thank you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, freeform said:

😄🙈 that’s not what I’m saying at all!

And yes the solid block of text stuff is pretty impenetrable. 

I can see you're into stream of consciousness type writing - which is fine. 

But do remember that the best poetry is as much about the spaces - what is not said - as it is about the words that are.

I'm only now learning to write from you guys :lol:

3 minutes ago, Everything said:

I'm only now learning to write from you guys :lol:

You write very well already!

You’re learning where not to write! 

Gives one room to take a breath.

Then more of what you say actually makes it through to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freeform said:

You write very well already!

You’re learning where not to write! 

Gives one room to take a breath.

Then more of what you say actually makes it through to us.

Lol this is so helpful, thanks. I didn't even realise it. You have enlightenment me. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

@ Everything

Nice to see your posts becoming much more readable so fast! :)

Y

e

a

h 

I learned to use the enter key! Hooray! :lol:

No one can say that the Daobums forum doesn't help us in our lives. We even teach basic reading and writing skills.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, freeform said:

Individuals don't get enlightened. :)

Enlightenment recognizes its true nature...and the fact that the individual is just a collection of memories and imaginations :) 

9 minutes ago, dwai said:

Individuals don't get enlightened. :)

Enlightenment recognizes its true nature...and the fact that the individual is just a collection of memories and imaginations :) 

Exactly, and you can change the memories and imaginations you focus upon, for the purpose of feeling good, primarily, that then allow your greater evermore recognition of who it is you truely are, evermore.

• Like 1