Sign in to follow this  
Sora

Hi! Greetings from China

Hey guys, I'm Sora.

Just stumbled upon this site and it's so great being here.^_^

I'm currently a student to a Taoist master in China and my daily practice is meditation, Zhanzhuang and most importantly Guanxin/Juezhi(observing the "heart"/being aware). Hardly practice qigong or clear chi blockage intentionally anymore, instead I just witness the energy and emotion flow, or just witness in general. 

My spiritual journey has been hugely influenced by Buddhism, Taoism and many other kinds of modern or ancient teaches.

Feel free to contact me.

See you around.:P

• Like 4

Hello, Sora, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Sora,

Just witness the flow - someone after my own heart! Enjoy the forum. 😊 Welcome. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Hello, Sora, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Sora,

Just witness the flow - someone after my own heart! Enjoy the forum. 😊 Welcome. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thanks Fa Xin! 

BTW what did you mean "after my own heart". Do you practice 觉知(Juezhi) as well? :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sora said:

Thanks Fa Xin! 

BTW what did you mean "after my own heart". Do you practice 觉知(Juezhi) as well? :)

Hi Sora,

Yes, the part about “witness energy and emotion flow” and not intentionally clearing is the same as my practice, more or less. I don’t call it Juezhi, but I have a feeling it’s the same thing. 😊

ive found the more I let go and just reside, the more blockages get cleared. It’s counter intuitive, but works best for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Hi Sora,

Yes, the part about “witness energy and emotion flow” and not intentionally clearing is the same as my practice, more or less. I don’t call it Juezhi, but I have a feeling it’s the same thing. 😊

ive found the more I let go and just reside, the more blockages get cleared. It’s counter intuitive, but works best for me. 

Right on! I'm pretty sure we are doing the same thing too. What term do you use? I call it Juezhi/Juecha, Guanxin, 观(Guan), 临在(Linzai) since for me they are all referring to THAT THING, more or less.

I noticed more people on the Buddhism side doing this kind of practice (Especially 禅宗Chanzong) than the Taoism. Though I believe its the mutual and essential one;).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sora said:

Right on! I'm pretty sure we are doing the same thing too. What term do you use? I call it Juezhi/Juecha, Guanxin, 观(Guan), 临在(Linzai) since for me they are all referring to THAT THING, more or less.

I noticed more people on the Buddhism side doing this kind of practice (Especially 禅宗Chanzong) than the Taoism. Though I believe its the mutual and essential one;).

Agreed, it is surely a mutual and essential one! I have heard it called different things. The practice of Contemplation in Dzogchen. I’ve never had a name for it myself. I’ve also heard it called Primordial Meditation in Mystical Christian circles. To See as God, to feel as God. I’ve always just called it Residing, as to me that word captures the essence of the practice. I am also a native English speaker, from the United States. 

I do like the term Primordial meditation, though, because it points to something that is basic and essential in every one of us - perhaps even the natural way we are intended to be. It points to something that is so natural for humans to do, yet is so hard for us to grasp at first.

After a while, it seems the practice becomes our normal everyday being. It happens most of the time for me. Quite interesting, indeed! 

Lovely chat. I’m glad to have you here. 😊

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Agreed, it is surely a mutual and essential one! I have heard it called different things. The practice of Contemplation in Dzogchen. I’ve never had a name for it myself. I’ve also heard it called Primordial Meditation in Mystical Christian circles. To See as God, to feel as God. I’ve always just called it Residing, as to me that word captures the essence of the practice. I am also a native English speaker, from the United States. 

I do like the term Primordial meditation, though, because it points to something that is basic and essential in every one of us - perhaps even the natural way we are intended to be. It points to something that is so natural for humans to do, yet is so hard for us to grasp at first.

After a while, it seems the practice becomes our normal everyday being. It happens most of the time for me. Quite interesting, indeed! 

Lovely chat. I’m glad to have you here. 😊

Residing is a very proper name for it! And will definitely look into the Primordial meditation, thanks for the info. ^_^

When I'm residing, it's like I'm being the "center" and the whole at the same time. This stillness/"I am" witnesses and reflects everything that arises, and knowing that all is but energy/consciousness in different forms, floating, shifting—All is "illusion", including its very self, the background, and the "I". And fundamentally what the "I" am really is is the never-changing-always-whole THAT (Here let me refer to the Heart Sutra

When i'm "offline", I lose the residing and jump back into the river. The inertia of our thoughts, emotions, and karma is so powerful that it's constantly pulling us back to the river and when the night comes, back to the non-lucid dreams, thus when the clock strikes, back to the reincarnation.

Keep residing, being aware, witnessing, knowing... 

You are on the WAY, and you KNOW it.;)

Edited by Sora
  • Like 3

Hey Sora!

Great to hear that you are passionate about your craft.

Lucky you have have a master as a teacher / mentor!

Mind sharing with us some of the things that your teacher taught you?

Thanks

Sign in to follow this