manitou

Please leave ego aside to read this

9 hours ago, Nungali said:

As far as this bit goes;  my experience has become intimately involved (eventually, when greater understanding and experience comes with age { practice }  )  with the martial arts I did and the initiatory systems I was involved in .

Threads have an 'interesting' way of coming together in our lives . 

Funny how the ninja thing came so late in my metaphysical career.  It's as though I had to see the Dao in physical action to truly assimilate it.

I had a similar, but not so dramatic, thing happen at around 7 as well.  My friend and I were laying on the grass and just staring into the sky.  I suddenly got swept away by the vastness of it, pulled in, like a big swoon.  Not dissimilar from how it felt the other night.

The threads, truly an interesting way of coming together.  Just hearing the right thing at the right time unlocks another tumbler in the lock.  The thing of most value on this forum, to me, is finding the common truths in so many different points of view.  I've been here for about 10 years, and I will attest to this forum being the very best thing to smoothing out the rough edges in our character, to softening the opinions and ego.  I came in combative, in a sense - sure of my opinions (pretty much remnants of my Christian era) to something which is accepting and loving of the Whole.  There is no wrong answer, ever.  It's just a manifestation of our conditioning at that moment, and as such is subject to change as wisdom accrues.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Everything said:

To simply allow yourself to be that love, in whatever way you can be, is the purpose of your life. And the best possibly way to maintain it then also is done by simply allowing yourself to be that love and feel it and continue to be and feel it, evermore. You can fulfill your reason for being here just by simply appreciating whatever you are capable of appreciating. That will always lead towards the full realisation of all that you truely are ment to be evermore in your ever becoming of the more of all that is who it is you truely already are.

Thank you for these beautiful words.  I hope that my capability of appreciating continues to broaden.  And the same wish to you :)

Edited by manitou

18 minutes ago, manitou said:

The thing of most value on this forum, to me, is finding the common truths in so many different points of view.  I've been here for about 10 years, and I will attest to this forum being the very best thing to smoothing out the rough edges in our character, to softening the opinions and ego.  I came in combative, in a sense - sure of my opinions (pretty much remnants of my Christian era) to something which is accepting and loving of the Whole.  There is no wrong answer, ever.  It's just a manifestation of our conditioning at that moment, and as such is subject to change as wisdom accrues.

I can hardly imagine you as "combative, in a sense - sure of [your] opinions". You have come a long way.

And I have still a long way to go. ;)

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, wandelaar said:

I can hardly imagine you as "combative, in a sense - sure of [your] opinions". You have come a long way.

And I have still a long way to go. ;)

Actually, your path in life cannot be defined by length. Because the journey is eternal and the path is infinite.

So the length of the way you have to go, is infinitely small. So small infact, it is deeper than inside of you. The destination you seek is closer to you than your own skin.

Edited by Everything

1 hour ago, Everything said:

Actually, your path in life cannot be defined by length. Because the journey is eternal and the path is infinite.

So the length of the way you have to go, is infinitely small. So small infact, it is deeper than inside of you. The destination you seek is closer to you than your own skin.

Well - this sort of fuzzy talk is exactly what fires my combative spirit, but this time I will let my war horse run free and carry on with my daily business as if nothing happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2019 at 1:19 PM, wandelaar said:

Well - this sort of fuzzy talk is exactly what fires my combative spirit, but this time I will let my war horse run free and carry on with my daily business as if nothing happened.

And as you do nothing, you leave nothing undone.

Congratulations, you have now achieved enlightened.

And you can always re-member this moment, if ever you wish to re-member the all of who it is you truely already always have been, are and always will be the evermore ever becoming of as who it is you truely always already are, always have been and always will be the evermore ever becoming of.

As all is here and now is forever.

May it all be well with you. 

And may it all go well with you. 

Evermore. 

And thank you for reflecting to me your highest and greatest succes and achievement of all that is who it is and what it is you truely always have been and always will be the evermore ever becoming of. 

As I know that through this moment can only ever be only the ever best and ever more better of all the best of any and all life experiences that can ever possibly be for you, with you, and through you. 

Evermore.

And you always have the ability of re-visiting this moment, through who it is you truely are as all that it is you truely are as the ever more ever becoming of all that is who it is and what it is you truely always already have been, always will be and ever more will be the ever more ever becoming of, as all is here and now is forever.

For the sole purpose of your own unique and personally blessed unique and own personally blessed satisfaction of all and anything that you can ever possibly want for yourself for the ever more of the ever allowed knowing of the ever more becoming of it. 

Evermore.

Edited by Everything

On 1/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, manitou said:

This is going to be a difficult thread to write, because something of the most profound nature happened to me last night.  I can offer no proofs other than a re-telling of my experience.  As DB's, we can inadvertently get a little competitive, as evidenced by the occasional spats on the threads - but I ask you to set ego aside as I relate this.  I offer this as a glimpse into what we all want here - enlightenment.

About 7 months ago I moved to the Palm Springs, CA area after my husband died.  The grief I experienced for over a year seems to have honed me in some way; like going through a fire and having  the extraneous burned off.  In the complex that I live in, there is a place I go daily to walk the dogs.  I met the people who live right there because they have a dog that looks exactly like mine.  We struck up a friendship.

Unknown to me, the man in the duo is a Bujinkan master.  He goes to Japan regularly to hone his incredible skills under Masaaki Hatsumi.  He is a well known teacher of this incredible ninja martial art in the U.S.. and other parts of the world.  I asked if he had videos online, and he indicated that there were several on youtube.  I starting watching his videos and those of Masaaki Hatsumi.  What I saw in them amazed me.  It is the Dao brought into the physical.  I recognized it immediately and confirmed it with him.  Captivated for some reason, I watched them over and over - couldn't get enough.  He gave me a study manual (much spiritual and psychological as well) and I've been reading it carefully.  For some reason, this tying together of the Dao as a philosophy and the Dao in form (Bujinkan) was what I needed to see.

I've talked about self-realization on this forum for a long time.  Apparently I didn't know what it really was.  I've walked the path of AA for 38 years and in working the steps, one removes layer after layer of shadow within - both through acknowledgment of the flaw and making amends for things done in the past.  I knew I was on the path to self-realization (I used to go to Manley Hall lectures in Hollywood and the seed was planted early in me, in the 1970's).  My association with TDB's has been just about the most instrumental vehicle for furtherance of this path because we come from so many points of view, and yet there are truths that lie at the bottom of these points of views, or paths, that are universal. After a while, rough edges and firm opinions within us are eliminated here.  In addition to the study of multiple religions to the point of transcendence of any particular path.

So, last night.  I was walking the dogs before going to bed and I stopped and looked at the stars for a few moments.  I was hit by a jolt of energy, seemingly coming from the stars, that I've never experienced in my life.  I immediately thought about Saul on the road to Damascus, how he was hit by a jolt, from my old Christian days.  I felt a little snap in my heart or brain, like someone snapping a small twig.  Something unblocked.

Immediately after being hit by this jolt which felt like an inner gulp of realization - not anything of the brain - I heard a voice in my head that said 'I AM an enlightened being'.  I immediately felt energy rushing out of me, going in all directions.  I started to tremble.

I have been a proponent of the I AM consciousness for 20 years, ever since studying The Impersonal Life by Anonymous.  Within this consciousness we realize who we really Are.  But I know today that I had never taken the actual inner gulp of self-realization that I took last night, where I actually experienced it.  At once,  my whole essence had no fear, no discomfort, radiating warmth, and an overall feeling of love for everything.

The realizations continued when I got home.  I jotted them down so I could tell you about them today.

First realization:  There is a responsibility with enlightenment.  It is our purpose as enlightened beings to act like an enlightened being, in speech and deeds.  It doesn't matter what we do with it, on how big or little a scale.  We are the torch bearers, the frequency holders.

-  We are all enlightened beings.  Every single one of us.  But it's not until we get that gulp of realization that we really are that we truly feel the truth of the matter.  No doubt remains.  No questions, no measurement of yourself vs. some master or fellow poster on the Bums.  You know in your entire persona.

Today I woke up with the thought 'I am an enlightened being' on my mind, first thing on waking up.  The glow remains with me.  I offer this experience to hear from others who may have gone through this, or as a little roadmap for what is no doubt coming for you too.

Sweet !!

This bell does not unring (-:

Warm greetings!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rene said:

Sweet !!

This bell does not unring (-:

Warm greetings!

Thank you Rene.  Your observation means a lot to me.

The strange thing is how many others of the same understanding I'm running into.  Suddenly.  I met a man sitting on a park bench wearing only a pair of shorts and a wife beater Tshirt.  He looked like he was freezing.  I walked up to him and told him I lived only a block away, can I go get you a flannel shirt?  He said no, he was waiting for someone.  But he strolled with me to the other side of the park.  I'm not kidding you, I'm pretty sure I was talking to an incarnation of the Buddha.  Things like that are happening often now.  Did you run into the same?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When we  are in a 'higher state' we often see the best in people.

OR   

we have 'communication through them'   - they might or might not be aware of it

BUT ALSO

"  ....    Yet, from the nature of their initiation, they must veil their glory in a cloud of darkness. They move unseen and unrecognized among the youngest of us, subtly and loftily leading us into the holy ineffable mysteries of the True Light. "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

When we  are in a 'higher state' we often see the best in people.

OR   

we have 'communication through them'   - they might or might not be aware of it

BUT ALSO

"  ....    Yet, from the nature of their initiation, they must veil their glory in a cloud of darkness. They move unseen and unrecognized among the youngest of us, subtly and loftily leading us into the holy ineffable mysteries of the True Light. "

It makes me happy to know that I can receive a share of wisdom from the initiated. Thanks!:)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mrpasserby said:

It makes me happy to know that I can receive a share of wisdom from the initiated. Thanks!:)

That's the major part of their work .

image.png.6e4cdb49ae6367bd25326c86795ebda1.png

Uncle Bill.

Unfortunately they are few and far between and getting less in numbers.

" Me and Felix, we the last two.  We dont have long left, when we are gone, who is going to teach the children ? "

[ Bill died in 2002       https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bill_Neidjie]

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nungali said:

That's the major part of their work .

image.png.6e4cdb49ae6367bd25326c86795ebda1.png

Uncle Bill.

Unfortunately they are few and far between and getting less in numbers.

" Me and Felix, we the last two.  We dont have long left, when we are gone, who is going to teach the children ? "

[ Bill died in 2002       https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bill_Neidjie]

Sorry for your loss, I have so much respect! When I was young I visited Sidney in the late 60's  and just after getting off of the plane I received a spirit from a white haired gentleman who reminded me in his deportment of my grandfather. I enjoyed much cultivation while working with that spirit for many decades. :)

• Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is not often that people will open up and share something so personal. Seems to be a testament to TDB that you are comfortable enough with this community to share your experience.

Thanks again.

• Like 4

OldDog, it is a testament to TDB.  Although I've met a dozen Bums in person, it pales compared to the soul sharing that is done on this forum.  We have been old-soul friends for a long time, and we know each other, in some important ways, better than our own families may.  So glad you found your way here.

23 hours ago, manitou said:

Thank you Rene.  Your observation means a lot to me.

The strange thing is how many others of the same understanding I'm running into.  Suddenly.  I met a man sitting on a park bench wearing only a pair of shorts and a wife beater Tshirt.  He looked like he was freezing.  I walked up to him and told him I lived only a block away, can I go get you a flannel shirt?  He said no, he was waiting for someone.  But he strolled with me to the other side of the park.  I'm not kidding you, I'm pretty sure I was talking to an incarnation of the Buddha.  Things like that are happening often now.  Did you run into the same?

Always, still do. LOL

Maybe rather than Budda reincarnation - he has what Buddha had. And yes, easy to spot; recognition abounds. (-:

• Like 2

On 1/8/2019 at 9:03 AM, OldDog said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is not often that people will open up and share something so personal. Seems to be a testament to TDB that you are comfortable enough with this community to share your experience.

Thanks again.

I would suggest that it's more a testament to manitou, her fearlessness, and compassion for our members.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, steve said:

I would suggest that it's more a testament to manitou, her fearlessness, and compassion for our members.

And I would suggest...

Both, same time.

:D:wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, rene said:

And I would suggest...

Both, same time.

:D:wub:

I really love that signature of yours. It's a beautiful saying. ^_^

So simple, and yet so profoundly expansive and meaningful.

You are wise, and very elegant, to say such a thing, and recognize it's value at the same time.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, steve said:

I hardly know what to say, Steve.  Thank you.

• Like 1